Are we living in the matrix?

by Zodiax
20 replies
  • OFF TOPIC
  • |
Elon Musk seems to think we are living in an AI controlled matrix and we have to try to break out of it.

Is this true? Is my entire existence meaningless?
  • Profile picture of the author lanfear63
    Originally Posted by Zodiax View Post

    Elon Musk seems to think we are living in an AI controlled matrix and we have to try to break out of it.

    Is this true? Is my entire existence meaningless?
    Despite some people here's resistance to the notion that there could be survival of the consciousness after death, by consensus of humankind's experience and Some, recent photographic and video evidence....

    If that were so, we would have to conclude that the simulation was very complex indeed.
    Signature

    Where ever you go, there you are.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10931606].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
    Originally Posted by Zodiax View Post

    Elon Musk seems to think we are living in an AI controlled matrix and we have to try to break out of it.

    Is this true? Is my entire existence meaningless?
    Some peoples current existence is probably meaningless, but yours, at least you are looking at the blue and green pills, and deciding if they are real or not.

    As Lanfear has said, it is complex, we are in a construct of energy patterns, but cannot see this as we are in it.

    A rose in a higher dimension, (or heaven to not get to religious) is made of similar building blocks, it is just that the blocks vibrate at a higher frequency, so have subtle differences to Earth based ones.

    If you can fully grasp what you are, where you came from and what the reason is for being down here, then you life is not wasted at all.

    If someone who is very skeptical, stays that way til they die, then even their life isn't wasted, it just means that they have another 5 or so lives to live out here or elsewhere, til they get it.

    For someone who is on the outside of the Karmic Ferriswheel, it can be frustrating, but the pendulum one one side of reality always goes the other way eventually.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10931649].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BigFrank
      Banned
      Originally Posted by tagiscom View Post

      If you can fully grasp what you are,
      I'm sorry. I cannot fully grasp what you are. Matter of fact - I can't remotely grasp what you are.

      Frank
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10931669].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DWolfe
      Originally Posted by tagiscom View Post

      For someone who is on the outside of the Karmic Ferriswheel, it can be frustrating, but the pendulum one one side of reality always goes the other way eventually.
      Please put the Glue down and step away from the keyboard for a few days and get some fresh air. You need help
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10931682].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10931668].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    I'm 87% sure that I'm really here.
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10931688].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
    Originally Posted by BigFrank View Post

    I'm sorry. I cannot fully grasp what you are. Matter of fact - I can't remotely grasp what you are.

    Frank
    Don't think about it too much Frank, there is only 20 panadol pills to a pack.



    Originally Posted by DWolfe View Post

    Please put the Glue down and step away from the keyboard for a few days and get some fresh air. You need help
    Arrrm, 7 lives....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10932016].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author eComCoder
    There are pretty good arguments for this theory.

    One argument for reality being a simulation goes like this. There is one premise, and a conclusion that logically follows. If you accept that humans will one day be capable of creating a simulation that is indistinguishable from reality, it is far more likely we are currently in such a simulation, than that we are the original simulators.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10936885].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by eComCoder View Post

      There are pretty good arguments for this theory.

      One argument for reality being a simulation goes like this. There is one premise, and a conclusion that logically follows. If you accept that humans will one day be capable of creating a simulation that is indistinguishable from reality, it is far more likely we are currently in such a simulation, than that we are the original simulators.

      So you're saying humans will create a simulation of a simulation of a simulation?

      #rabbithole
      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10937349].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Regional Warrior
        Originally Posted by yukon View Post

        So you're saying humans will create a simulation of a simulation of a simulation?

        #rabbithole
        The thing is Rabbit holes are not that deep !
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10937392].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
      Originally Posted by eComCoder View Post

      There are pretty good arguments for this theory.

      One argument for reality being a simulation goes like this. There is one premise, and a conclusion that logically follows. If you accept that humans will one day be capable of creating a simulation that is indistinguishable from reality, it is far more likely we are currently in such a simulation, than that we are the original simulators.
      Knowing humans we would see holes everywhere, or like the Matrix, when there is a big enough explosion, errors would appear.

      But like any simulation, find the right key, and we can control or even push through it.

      Tesla, found that key with untra high frequences, as well as others.

      Space,time,matter and gravity are all one and the same. And just as electricity can be made by moving one magnet past a copper coil, the rest can be distorted.

      Einstein did create a unified field theory, but like most things it is buried.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10937691].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
        Originally Posted by tagiscom View Post

        Knowing humans we would see holes everywhere, or like the Matrix, when there is a big enough explosion, errors would appear.

        But like any simulation, find the right key, and we can control or even push through it.
        Shane; I know this isn't the first time someone has said this to you....

        Really...I swear....movies aren't real life. The Matrix movies are not documentaries.


        I'm serious.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10937995].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author yukon
          Banned
          Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

          Shane; I know this isn't the first time someone has said this to you....

          Really...I swear....movies aren't real life. The Matrix movies are not documentaries.


          I'm serious.

          That's exactly what Agent Smith would say.
          Signature
          Hi
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10938078].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Zodiax
        Originally Posted by tagiscom View Post

        Knowing humans we would see holes everywhere, or like the Matrix, when there is a big enough explosion, errors would appear.

        But like any simulation, find the right key, and we can control or even push through it.

        Tesla, found that key with untra high frequences, as well as others.

        Space,time,matter and gravity are all one and the same. And just as electricity can be made by moving one magnet past a copper coil, the rest can be distorted.

        Einstein did create a unified field theory, but like most things it is buried.

        You should read up on string theory.

        Apparently there are formulas within the universe - like it was all planned out.


        We could very well be living in a simulation and maybe other people need to stop sniffing the glue from false propaganda and not you.

        Signature

        'I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion'
        -Muhammad Ali

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10938149].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dennis Gaskill
    Originally Posted by Zodiax View Post

    Is this true? Is my entire existence meaningless?
    The state of being meaningless requires a judgment by someone. Is your existence meaningless to you? Is it meaningless to your family and friends?

    If you answered no to either of those questions, then your life is not meaningless.
    Signature

    Just when you think you've got it all figured out, someone changes the rules.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10938058].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
      Originally Posted by Dennis Gaskill View Post

      The state of being meaningless requires a judgment by someone. Is your existence meaningless to you? Is it meaningless to your family and friends?

      If you answered no to either of those questions, then your life is not meaningless.
      My answer is...If your name is not Dan Riffle, odds are that your life is not meaningless.

      By the way, nicely put, "The state of being meaningless requires a judgement by someone".

      And to our friend Ziodiax;

      I have a way to guarantee your life has meaning, Service to others. It not only gives your life meaning, it also gives it value.

      In my opinion.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10938174].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Dennis Gaskill
        Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

        I have a way to guarantee your life has meaning, Service to others. It not only gives your life meaning, it also gives it value.

        In my opinion.
        ...and in my opinion. It's one of the reasons I do volunteer work.
        Signature

        Just when you think you've got it all figured out, someone changes the rules.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10938334].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Mayo
    01001000 01100101 01101100 01101100 01101111 00111111 00100000 01001000 01100101 01101100 01101100 01101111 00111111 00100000 01001000 01100101 01101100 01101100 01101111 00111111 00001010 01001001 01110011 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 01110010 01100101 00100000 01100001 01101110 01111001 01100010 01101111 01100100 01111001 00100000 01101001 01101110 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 01110010 01100101 00111111 00001010 01001010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01101110 01101111 01100100 00100000 01101001 01100110 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01100011 01100001 01101110 00100000 01101000 01100101 01100001 01110010 00100000 01101101 01100101 00001010 01001001 01110011 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 01110010 01100101 00100000 01100001 01101110 01111001 01101111 01101110 01100101 00100000 01100001 01110100 00100000 01101000 01101111 01101101 01100101 00111111 00001010

    Hello? Hello? Hello?
    Is there anybody in there?
    Just nod if you can hear me
    Is there anyone at home?

    ~MM~
    Mike Matrix
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10938426].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
    Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

    Shane; I know this isn't the first time someone has said this to you....

    Really...I swear....movies aren't real life. The Matrix movies are not documentaries.


    I'm serious.
    WHAT! Ok, But most movies do hint at something more. Star Wars, well, the second one, pushed new age concepts.

    And black holes, tearing space/time show that reality isn't as real as we would like it to be.

    I could also argue that the latest movie with the black hole that most physicists drooled over, (can't think of the name, but it had the corn global thing) was more of a dock, well at least what a black hole might actually be like, (minus the spagittification).


    Originally Posted by Zodiax View Post

    You should read up on string theory.

    Apparently there are formulas within the universe - like it was all planned out.

    Theoretical Physicist Finds Computer Code in String Theory - YouTube

    We could very well be living in a simulation and maybe other people need to stop sniffing the glue from false propaganda and not you.

    Thanks Zodiax, some have been sniffing glue for so long, that they cannot give it up, and no amount of plausible evidence will do it.

    Evidence considered impossible one day is made real the next.

    Then all of the most outspoken, scurry away!


    Originally Posted by Michael Mayo View Post

    01001000 01100101 01101100 01101100 01101

    Hello? Hello? Hello?
    Is there anybody in there?
    Just nod if you can hear me
    Is there anyone at home?

    ~MM~
    Mike Matrix
    Geesh Micheal, l know that you like Pink Flyed, but l think that you are overdoing it!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10938508].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gregdavidson727
    Signature
    >>> CLICK HERE <<< ====> 2,000 NICHE E-BOOKS WITH MRR & PLR RIGHTS! JUST $2.99! <====
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10938947].message }}

Trending Topics