The Doors and John Lee Hooker - Roadhouse Blues

12 replies
  • OFF TOPIC
  • |


Joe Mobley
#music #youtube
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    I once fell asleep in the front row at a B.B. King concert back in the mid 1980s.

    True story.
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10982348].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BigFrank
      Banned
      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

      I once fell asleep in the front row at a B.B. King concert back in the mid 1980s.

      True story.
      No one actually likes the blues. People just say they do because they think it makes them look cool. lol

      Frank
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10982752].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author yukon
        Banned
        Originally Posted by BigFrank View Post

        No one actually likes the blues. People just say they do because they think it makes them look cool. lol

        Frank

        When I woke up and looked around, other people were asleep.

        He could play good he just had a lot of songs that make you want to sleep. Maybe he hypnotized the crowd?

        I wonder what it's like as a musician to be on stage and see some of the audience asleep. That's got to be a buzz kill.
        Signature
        Hi
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10982841].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kurt
        Originally Posted by BigFrank View Post

        No one actually likes the blues. People just say they do because they think it makes them look cool. lol

        Frank
        You're right. I love blues. But I see your point as no one ever can claim doo doo wop ever made them look cool...it's just an even worse version of barbershop. Just a bunch of guys serenading each other...not that there's anything wrong with that.
        Signature
        Discover the fastest and easiest ways to create your own valuable products.
        Tons of FREE Public Domain content you can use to make your own content, PLR, digital and POD products.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10982909].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author BigFrank
          Banned
          Originally Posted by Kurt View Post

          You're right. I love blues. But I see your point as no one ever can claim doo doo wop ever made them look cool...it's just an even worse version of barbershop. Just a bunch of guys serenading each other...not that there's anything wrong with that.
          Fortunately, I look cool no matter what I'm listening to, but I can be self-assured that I truly am cool by never actually listening to the blues. :-)

          Frank
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10982972].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Dan Riffle
        Originally Posted by BigFrank View Post

        No one actually likes the blues. People just say they do because they think it makes them look cool. lol

        Frank
        You're thinking of jazz.
        Signature

        If you want me to go on arguing, you'll have to pay for another five minutes.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10982995].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author BigFrank
          Banned
          Originally Posted by Dan Riffle View Post

          You're thinking of jazz.
          I think that most people include jazz automatically in my assertion, along with opera, :-)

          Frank
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10982996].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Janice Sperry
    I just came across this earlier today in Rolling Stone.

    10 Things You Did Not Know About the Doors

    I only knew (or remembered) 1 of the "10 Things".
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10982370].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Frank Donovan
    Whatever the music - if I listen to it, that makes it cool.
    Signature
    TOP TIP: To browse the forum like a Pro, select "View Classic" from the drop-down menu under your user name.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10982991].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Karen Blundell
    I just love the blues - don't care if it's cool or not - and this performance:

    Signature
    ---------------
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10986297].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author innn
    Oh, the Legend!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11001274].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author innn
    From thу Doors songs I like a lot this one.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11001283].message }}

Trending Topics