What to do with your measly $100....

33 replies
  • OFF TOPIC
  • |
Just like the title suggests.... your $100 you're holding so tightly onto, is basically worthless.

Whether you spend it on google ads, Facebook ads, solo ads, banner ads, or whatever the heck you want to try and spend it on.....don't.

It will be gone faster than you could ever imagine.

Why?

Simply because unless you already know what works, your ad will most likely fail.

It takes practice to get your headline right, your banner perfect, your copy right, and your targeting.

There's a 99% chance your hundred dollars will *poof* into thin air.

You might get a few leads but hardly anything worth while.

Even if you had $1,000.

There's lots of testing needed in order to see if an advertising platform works.

Think if it like when you have an old fashion brick and mortar business, you have to pay for certain things right in the beginning:

- Rent
- inventory
- insurance
- employees
- utilities
- and so much more.

You'll lose money before you start making your first sale. Then you have to make many sales to recoup that loss.

If a hundred $100 could do much, then it wouldn't be hard to live the lifestyle.

But those who know, they know that even a few thousand is needed in order to test.

Here's what you can do with your $100 instead.

- Keep it. Save it up and up until you have a good amount to play with. $1,000 or more. $5,000 will keep you comfortable.

Back when I would play roulette all the time, I would put $1,000 into the machine. Even though I was playing on a $0.50 betting table.

This allowed me not to stress when I went down $400.

Do you think you'd feel different losing $400 out of $500 than you would from $1000?

Exactly.

- Buy a book. There's many great books about many topics out there. Read them, study them, and read them again while you're saving up your marketing budget.

If you're learning about copywriting, you can practice your headline writing by making posts in forums.

With $100, you could buy a few books.

- Buy a Udemy course. There's many courses for cheap on there and you can always gain more knowledge. Knowledge truly is power.

- Buy a stranger a lunch. Very few people actually ever do this, but it leaves you with an amazing feeling when you do. If you've never done it, try it. Also, try to do it without them knowing. If you see a nice couple in the place, ask the waiter if you could buy them drinks or their dinner but not to mention who did it.

- The list goes on. There's so many things you can do with your $100. Get creative. Think of it like it's $100 that you can't wait to make someone's day with or however you want to think of it as. Either way, don't put it towards marketing if you think some miracle is going to happen and you're going to strike it big.
#$100 #measly
  • Profile picture of the author wifiboos
    The last thing you should look at is traffic!

    Your first point of call SHOULD be looking at your sales funnel and in particular a high converting sales funnels to determine your customer value.

    This is calculated by the dividing the total sales made in your funnel by the number of clicks to your front end in a given period. when you know the visitor value it gives you a guide to the maximum value you could pay for a click and be in profit.

    Now a good funnel will include products that increase in value as the visitor goes deeper in the funnel. The back end makes the money in the funnel using High ticket value products and this is where the visitor value can be made quite high. Most funnels are lucky to cover the cost of a click by the front end sale entry product.

    Now making a good funnel that converts well takes considerable time and resources to create. Far more than your budget, so I would advise finding a proven funnel that you can either buy or use as an affiliate.

    Today for example you could buy 'instant Profit Funnel' by Mark Whiteley
    over at warriorplus.com. It costs $67 and is a bargain because it includes a great deal of training on traffic. The product is here. This is not an affiliate link so I will not gain anything if you buy.

    https://alliance.clickfunnels.com/step-110861259

    Also on Warrior+ today Paul Nicholls is selling a proven product funnel called 'Mega Biz in a Box' at an opening ridiculous price of just $7.
    Sounds like your $100 could go far!
    in addition you could get a whole lot of free training on affiliate marketing from Mark Ling by going to affilorama.com

    Hope this helps
    Signature

    Get Your Mind-set Right - Take Consistent Action
    Connect with the right people

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11045479].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    That's the problem with this forum... so many people around here think everyone else is doing the same old IM crap they're doing, like there's one way (crappy IM products) and nothing else to do online.

    You folks have some serious tunnel vision.

    Stop buying junk and think for yourself. FREE.
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11045530].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
    Yes, the intentions are good, but, being too scared to spend $100, until you are sure, lol, not possible.

    And holding back til you have 1k, still no guarantees.

    I have spent over 1k on font software, and elements for flyers all up, and got back almost $800, plus a lot of hard work over a few years.

    But l also learned how to do flyers a lot quicker than l used to, so the profits will grow a lot quicker than usual.

    Could l have found this opportunity if l had waited til l had 1k, probably not since the $500 l put into elements for them would have pretty much closed off this income stream for a year or more.

    It was gradual, investing $250 into graphic elements when l could, creating better flyers, and learning how to find shortcuts without losing quality.

    So you can wait til you can build the Titanic, go full steam ahead and hope that an iceberg doesn't get in the way, or start off with a raft and work your way up.

    But l agree that $100 won't do much if you have to use it for adwords. You probably need $250 to really test a concept, and $1000 to have a fair chance of finding something.

    And quality products instead of junk from Clickbank helps.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11045586].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hardraysnight
    steak dinner and a bottle of wine
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11046032].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hardraysnight
    Originally Posted by Nathan Isaac View Post

    Just like the title suggests.... your $100 you're holding so tightly onto, is basically worthless.

    Whether you spend it on google ads, Facebook ads, solo ads, banner ads, or whatever the heck you want to try and spend it on.....don't.

    It will be gone faster than you could ever imagine.

    Why?

    Simply because unless you already know what works, your ad will most likely fail.

    It takes practice to get your headline right, your banner perfect, your copy right, and your targeting.

    There's a 99% chance your hundred dollars will *poof* into thin air.

    You might get a few leads but hardly anything worth while.

    Even if you had $1,000.

    There's lots of testing needed in order to see if an advertising platform works.

    Think if it like when you have an old fashion brick and mortar business, you have to pay for certain things right in the beginning:

    - Rent
    - inventory
    - insurance
    - employees
    - utilities
    - and so much more.

    You'll lose money before you start making your first sale. Then you have to make many sales to recoup that loss.

    If a hundred $100 could do much, then it wouldn't be hard to live the lifestyle.

    But those who know, they know that even a few thousand is needed in order to test.

    Here's what you can do with your $100 instead.

    - Keep it. Save it up and up until you have a good amount to play with. $1,000 or more. $5,000 will keep you comfortable.

    Back when I would play roulette all the time, I would put $1,000 into the machine. Even though I was playing on a $0.50 betting table.

    This allowed mentor to stress when I went down $400.

    Do you think you'd feel different losing $400 out of $500 than you would from $1000?

    Exactly.

    - Buy a book. There's many great books about many topics out there. Read them, study them, and read them again while you're saving up your marketing budget.

    If you're learning about copywriting, you can practice your headline writing by making posts in forums.

    With $100, you could buy a few books.

    - Buy a Udemy course. There's many courses for cheap on there and you can always gain more knowledge. Knowledge truly is power.

    - Buy a stranger a lunch. Very few people actually ever do this, but it leaves you with an amazing feeling when you do. If you've never done it, try it. Also, try to do it without them knowing. If you see a nice couple in the place, ask the waiter if you could buy them drinks or their dinner but not to mention who did it.

    - The list goes on. There's so many things you can do with your $100. Get creative. Think of it like it's $100 that you can't wait to make someone's day with or however you want to think of it as. Either way, don't put it towards marketing if you think some miracle is going to happen and you're going to strike it big.
    how many darwin stubbies can you buy for $100 nowadays
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11046036].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nathan Isaac
    Good conversation so far.
    Signature
    ***No Signature***
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11046387].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Joyce Birmingham
    It seems then that you really do need a lot of start up capital if you want to have a fair chance.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11047403].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
      Originally Posted by Joyce Birmingham View Post

      It seems then that you really do need a lot of start up capital if you want to have a fair chance.

      No. The only reason a lot of money starting out helps, is when you have no idea what you are doing, and you need that money to pay for all the beginner mistakes you'll make.

      Anyone that has a successful business, if you took everything away from them....could start back up with $100...with the possible exception of manufacturing.

      Start very small, test, invest in what works.....re-invest...and you simply don't need any large sum of money to start.
      The libraries are full of books on selling, direct mail, copywriting, crafting offers, and there are plenty of books by successful entrepreneurs on how they built their business.

      You can offer to work for a successful business owner (even an IM business owner) to learn what they do. You can hit the ground running. There is never any reason to lose money at the beginning of your venture.


      Having no money at the beginning simply delays your success by a few months. but it almost certainly guarantees it, because with no money, you have to learn what works. and you have to learn it fast.

      I speak from experience.
      Signature
      One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr

      "Be kind. For everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle".....Ian Maclaren
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11050504].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Dan Riffle
        Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

        Anyone that has a successful business, if you took everything away from them....could start back up with $100...with the possible exception of manufacturing.
        I'm extremely experienced in leasing heavy construction equipment and farming combines. Can I borrow $100?
        Signature

        If you want me to go on arguing, you'll have to pay for another five minutes.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11050583].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
          Originally Posted by Dan Riffle View Post

          I'm extremely experienced in leasing heavy construction equipment and farming combines. Can I borrow $100?

          Another $100?
          Signature
          One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr

          "Be kind. For everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle".....Ian Maclaren
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11050611].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Dan Riffle
            Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

            Another $100?
            Do you know how many $100 it takes to buy a bulldozer?
            Signature

            If you want me to go on arguing, you'll have to pay for another five minutes.

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11050659].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
              Originally Posted by Dan Riffle View Post

              Do you know how many $100 it takes to buy a bulldozer?

              No. Since you are the expert, how would you get started in that business if you didn't have any money? Are you saying that there is no way unless you buy a bulldozer...and pay for it all up front.. as a first move?

              That's seems idiotic, but you're the expert, as you said.
              Signature
              One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr

              "Be kind. For everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle".....Ian Maclaren
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11050740].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Dan Riffle
                Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

                No. Since you are the expert, how would you get started in that business if you didn't have any money? Are you saying that there is no way unless you buy a bulldozer...and pay for it all up front.. as a first move?

                That's seems idiotic, but you're the expert, as you said.
                I wouldn't get started in the heavy equipment leasing market with $100. That's my point.
                Signature

                If you want me to go on arguing, you'll have to pay for another five minutes.

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11050784].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
                  Originally Posted by Dan Riffle View Post

                  I wouldn't get started in the heavy equipment leasing market with $100. That's my point.
                  I know.

                  My point was actually that it would be a huge advantage if you got involved in a business by first learning the business (usually as an employee) and then starting small.

                  That's my point. Your point is at the top of your head.

                  Claude Whitacre
                  Inscrutable Man Of Mystery.
                  Signature
                  One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr

                  "Be kind. For everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle".....Ian Maclaren
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11050827].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author Dan Riffle
                    Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

                    No. The only reason a lot of money starting out helps, is when you have no idea what you are doing, and you need that money to pay for all the beginner mistakes you'll make.

                    Anyone that has a successful business, if you took everything away from them....could start back up with $100...with the possible exception of manufacturing.

                    Having no money at the beginning simply delays your success by a few months. but it almost certainly guarantees it, because with no money, you have to learn what works. and you have to learn it fast.

                    I speak from experience.
                    Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

                    I know.

                    My point was actually that it would be a huge advantage if you got involved in a business by first learning the business (usually as an employee) and then starting small.

                    That's my point. Your point is at the top of your head.

                    Claude Whitacre
                    Inscrutable Man Of Mystery.
                    That's not even remotely what you said.

                    By the way, can I borrow another $100 to put fuel in my 'dozer?

                    Also, do you know where I can store my dozer when it's not rented? I'll need a place that costs $1 because I needed $99 just to file my articles of incorporation here in Ohio.

                    (Yes, I've come out of my flu slumber just to mess with you. Now back to sleep.)
                    Signature

                    If you want me to go on arguing, you'll have to pay for another five minutes.

                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11051900].message }}
                    • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
                      Originally Posted by Dan Riffle View Post


                      (Yes, I've come out of my flu slumber just to mess with you. Now back to sleep.)
                      The only good news I've read in this thread.....is that you have the flu.

                      I assume you posted this at work. Your work ethic and ambition are inspiring.
                      Signature
                      One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr

                      "Be kind. For everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle".....Ian Maclaren
                      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11051959].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kurt
        Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

        I speak from experience.
        How many times have you spent $100 on blow and a "date" with Buster, Wooster's most experienced daytime male hooker?
        Signature
        Discover the fastest and easiest ways to create your own valuable products.
        Tons of FREE Public Domain content you can use to make your own content, PLR, digital and POD products.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11050808].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
          Originally Posted by Kurt View Post

          How many times have you spent $100 on blow and a "date" with Buster, Wooster's most experienced daytime male hooker?
          Fortunately, my experience is not your experience.

          You seem to know a lot about this "Buster" character....
          Signature
          One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr

          "Be kind. For everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle".....Ian Maclaren
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11050831].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Kurt
            Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

            Fortunately, my experience is not your experience.

            You seem to know a lot about this "Buster" character....
            Everything I know about Buster I learned from your bragging...and searching the Wooster Police blotter using your name.
            Signature
            Discover the fastest and easiest ways to create your own valuable products.
            Tons of FREE Public Domain content you can use to make your own content, PLR, digital and POD products.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11051007].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
              Originally Posted by Kurt View Post

              Everything I know about Buster I learned from your bragging...and searching the Wooster Police blotter using your name.
              Are you accusing me of bragging?

              Me? Claude Whitacre?

              OK, you have a solid argument there.

              The police have my name because I'm a Certified Psychic and have used my real powers to solve several crimes. Most of which I tell them you have committed.
              Signature
              One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr

              "Be kind. For everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle".....Ian Maclaren
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11051756].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Kurt
                Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

                Are you accusing me of bragging?

                Me? Claude Whitacre?

                OK, you have a solid argument there.

                The police have my name because I'm a Certified Psychic and have used my real powers to solve several crimes. Most of which I tell them you have committed.
                I have to admit, you really do put the "chic" in "psychic". And I do believe you're "certified".
                Signature
                Discover the fastest and easiest ways to create your own valuable products.
                Tons of FREE Public Domain content you can use to make your own content, PLR, digital and POD products.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11051973].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
                  Originally Posted by Kurt View Post

                  I have to admit, you really do put the "chic" in "psychic". And I do believe you're "certified".
                  As I typed that post, I assumed either you or Riffle would pick up the "certified" and use it.

                  The "Chic" was clever though. I mean it was clever for you.....with you, I have to grade on a curve.

                  I did mark my calendar though with "Riffle has the flu" on this date. I penciled in "Riffle slipped into a coma" on the first of April. A man can dream.
                  Signature
                  One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr

                  "Be kind. For everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle".....Ian Maclaren
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11052031].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author lanfear63
                    Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

                    As I typed that post, I assumed either you or Riffle would pick up the "certified" and use it.

                    The "Chic" was clever though. I mean it was clever for you.....with you, I have to grade on a curve.

                    I did mark my calendar though with "Riffle has the flu" on this date. I penciled in "Riffle slipped into a coma" on the first of April. A man can dream.
                    "Riffle slipped into a comma but he did not misuse the semi-colon"

                    Fixed
                    Signature

                    Marriage, For The Best Arguments

                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11052037].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author Kurt
                    Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

                    As I typed that post, I assumed either you or Riffle would pick up the "certified" and use it.
                    There you go, putting the "chic" in "psychic" again.


                    The "Chic" was clever though. I mean it was clever for you.....with you, I have to grade on a curve.

                    I did mark my calendar though with "Riffle has the flu" on this date. I penciled in "Riffle slipped into a coma" on the first of April. A man can dream.
                    Luckily for you, your body has tons of curves...

                    Mike Tyson: Heavyweight
                    Marvin Haggler: Middleweight
                    Claude: Overweight
                    Signature
                    Discover the fastest and easiest ways to create your own valuable products.
                    Tons of FREE Public Domain content you can use to make your own content, PLR, digital and POD products.
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11052039].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author lanfear63
          Originally Posted by Kurt View Post

          How many times have you spent $100 on blow and a "date" with Buster, Wooster's most experienced daytime male hooker?
          Claude gets a discount as he pays for several sessions at once. He only does it for Claude and many men ask him.. "Does anyone know the way, there's got to be a way..To BlockBuster"
          Signature

          Marriage, For The Best Arguments

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11051000].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nathan Isaac
    Yes, $100 is not going to get you very far.
    Signature
    ***No Signature***
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11047790].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author brookeharper08
    My $100 goes to dog chow and cheap but wonderfully made wine (if there's even such a thing)!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11050312].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
    Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

    Are you accusing me of bragging?

    Me? Claude Whitacre?

    OK, you have a solid argument there.

    The police have my name because I'm a Certified Psychotic and have used my real powers to solve several crimes. Most of which I tell them you have committed.
    Don't lie Claude your cat does all of the predicting!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11053199].message }}

Trending Topics