19 replies
  • OFF TOPIC
  • |
Why does this forum look like a blog now? I know it was sold a few years ago by Allen Says. I don't like the "new" look. Are there any old timers still around? I joined in 2003...
#timers
  • Profile picture of the author DWolfe
    They changed the view you can log back into the old view by going to your user name and hover over it. The bottom choice is Classic view click on that. Their are very few old timers active here. A lot view here but donot log in. Others lust got up and left this site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11098563].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ZachWaldman
    I've been around forever. It sure isn't like it used to be.
    Signature
    Zach Waldman - Los Angeles Magician
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11098589].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
    Originally Posted by Gary Huynh View Post

    Why does this forum look like a blog now? I know it was sold a few years ago by Allen Says. I don't like the "new" look. Are there any old timer's still around? I joined in 2003...
    Yep, l am still here.

    Originally Posted by ZachWaldman View Post

    I've been around forever. It sure isn't like it used to be.
    No, but they are making a concerted effort to fix some of it.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11098656].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanbiddulph
    Everything seems OK to me. It is not the forum as much as the forum members Really though, for years I stayed away but a few months back I hopped back on, shared my insights, engaged others who shared valuable insights, and I dig it.

    This new view makes for quicker, easier, cleaner engagement methinks.
    Signature
    Ryan Biddulph inspires you to be a successful blogger with his courses, 100 plus eBooks, audio books and blog at Blogging From Paradise
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11098670].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author salegurus
      Originally Posted by ryanbiddulph View Post

      Everything seems OK to me. It is not the forum as much as the forum members Really though, for years I stayed away but a few months back I hopped back on, shared my insights, engaged others who shared valuable insights, and I dig it.
      Good for you, keep up with those 'insights' and that positive attitude... I'm digging it...
      Signature
      Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

      ― George Carlin
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11107338].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author flopitdown
    I also liked the old version, but times they are a-changin
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11100754].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author David Beroff
      Originally Posted by flopitdown View Post

      I also liked the old version, but times they are a-changin
      {Checks join date} ... Yep; just as I figured.
      Signature
      Put MY voice on YOUR video: AwesomeAmericanAudio.com
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11100779].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kurt
    Old timers...you mean like sun dials and sandglasses?
    Signature
    Serious about Print on Demand? Discover how YOU can join my FREE exclusive secret alliance
    Plus how to get my Print on Demand Treasure Maps for FREE
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11100802].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    Everything seems OK to me.
    Do you use the "feed view" exclusively?
    Signature
    Be the person your dog thinks you are.

    Saving one dog will not save the world....but will forever change the world for one dog.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11100826].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hardraysnight
    i have a 1960 rolex
    do i qualify
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11100937].message }}
  • Pull the plug on quality, inevitably you vaporize the whole bathtub inya zest, I guess.

    That is when mermaids get sucked in outta the void.

    See that ole ridgo-grip soap dish, they gonna wonder is this sum fin massager -- or do I gotta howl I ain't got ... those kinda body parts gonna benefit toucha sweet texture ... no more?!

    Personally speakin' (cos I ain't got no microphone whacked up my ass rn, suckin' offa my secretest thoughts all kinda bile-2nooz bypassbraino), I got real issues with mermaids anyhow.

    1) On exotic nudity, mermaids win; on split-crotch panties, mermaids have a catapult works kinda only if'n they are NOT AN UNDERWATER-BASED PHENOMENON.

    2) Walkin' round the mall is super pressure sumtimes -- so to hell I gotta flip an' flap my back all sacropainful propulsin' out on weirdo fin swimmo transport options.
    3) There is no future in snoggin' out only with scurvy-enhanced pirates. (Won't sell, no matter on the frickin' flag.)


    Tellya, this place is maxin' out on aquatic exotica.

    An' yet its capacity to offer up a mirror to a world ragin' haplessly beyond its self-contained shores rocks out with the inevitabilitya

    PUNCH IN THE KIDDY CHOPS + NEIGHBOUR'S KIDDY = LAWSUIT, MURDER -- or BIZARRELY ANTISOCIAL FLEDGLING ROMANCE

    ,

    WF still got pull on sh*t from d*cks on up.


    Was it Depp said, "we must salvage the best from the dead to exorcise the worst from the living"?

    Dunno -- gonna Google that.

    All I know is, I ain't swappin fanjo for fishyplunjo in sargasso -- however neat the mermaid hairdo chic be right now.

    Uhm ... so this is the mermaid thread, right?

    Signature

    Lightin' fuses is for blowin' stuff together.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11101836].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jonathan 2.0
      Originally Posted by Princess Balestra View Post

      Pull the plug on quality, inevitably you vaporize the whole bathtub inya zest, I guess. That is when mermaids get sucked in outta the void
      Thanks Princess. It's a shame that Tickle.com isn't active. I would say you were an "Insightful Linguist "
      : )
      Jonathan
      Signature
      "Each problem has hidden in it an opportunity so powerful that it literally dwarfs the problem. The greatest success stories were created by people who recognized a problem and turned it into an opportunity."―Joseph Sugarman
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11101848].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PlatinumPi4u
    Most people are gone after the trolls of 2008 to 2016 took over.....

    The OGs all got kicked out for posting. You know the story.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11105347].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Meaney
    See... it's way beyond just how things look... the feed view, in my opinion, only serves to strangle the forum. Freelancer didn't know what they were buying and now they're trying to kill it.

    It's the only logical explanation.

    ....Or, the alternative is just too depressing to think about...

    That the forum used to be managed by people who cared about marketing - who ran their own businesses, entrepreneurs... people on the front lines. There was passion running top down.

    And, maybe I'm wrong, but it's now run by employees who are paid to care, as nice as they are, they are replaceable and don't know that much about running a business. Take away their paycheck and they (probably) move on.

    Nothing wrong in that, it's just how I see things have changed.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11106629].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Gary Huynh
      And, maybe I'm wrong, but it's now run by employees who are paid to care, as nice as they are, they are replaceable and don't know that much about running a business. Take away their paycheck and they (probably) move on.

      Nothing wrong in that, it's just how I see things have changed.
      That's the best explanation there...
      Signature
      Living the internet lifestyle!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11106645].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
      Originally Posted by Michael Meaney View Post

      See... it's way beyond just how things look... the feed view, in my opinion, only serves to strangle the forum. Freelancer didn't know what they were buying and now they're trying to kill it.

      It's the only logical explanation.

      ....Or, the alternative is just too depressing to think about...

      That the forum used to be managed by people who cared about marketing - who ran their own businesses, entrepreneurs... people on the front lines. There was passion running top down.

      And, maybe I'm wrong, but it's now run by employees who are paid to care, as nice as they are, they are replaceable and don't know that much about running a business. Take away their paycheck and they (probably) move on.

      Nothing wrong in that, it's just how I see things have changed.
      That is true, but at least they are accepting feedback now, and l and others suggested bringing back the "remove thanks button" and it was done, so l live in hope.

      But l agree the Modern view, is a bit like windows 10, meets windows 7.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11106975].message }}

Trending Topics