Back bigger and better than ever.

13 replies
  • OFF TOPIC
  • |
I don't know about anybody else but 2017 has been a tough year for me.
I have moved twice. It took me months of looking at rental properties before I found the right one, and am now living in Australia's countryside, where people are friendly and it's much peaceful. I'm also saving money because the rent is lower and I can walk to many places including the supermarket.

I moved into this place on 7th December which is perfect because I have spent my birthday and Christmas in my new home.

Work was a lot quieter than usual this year but I think it's due to me spending lots of time packing and looking for somewhere better to live.

I already have written my goals for 2018 and I KNOW it's going to be a great year in every possible way.

So, having said all this, I'm getting in early to wish everyone a Happy New Year, and to let you know that I won't be taking any time off so if you need me, please let me know.

Cheers.

Laurence
#2018 #new year #written goals
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
    Originally Posted by laurencewins View Post

    I don't know about anybody else but 2017 has been a tough year for me.
    I have moved twice. It took me months of looking at rental properties before I found the right one, and am now living in Australia's countryside, where people are friendly and it's much peaceful. I'm also saving money because the rent is lower and I can walk to many places including the supermarket.

    I moved into this place on 7th December which is perfect because I have spent my birthday and Christmas in my new home.

    Work was a lot quieter than usual this year but I think it's due to me spending lots of time packing and looking for somewhere better to live.

    I already have written my goals for 2018 and I KNOW it's going to be a great year in every possible way.

    So, having said all this, I'm getting in early to wish everyone a Happy New Year, and to let you know that I won't be taking any time off so if you need me, please let me know.

    Cheers.

    Laurence
    Countryside, eh, yes l have driven a fair way past Lilydale, and can attest that there are some nice, little towns about, but the distance, is a hurdle for me.

    But yeah, 2017, was a b***ch, and next year will be better for all.

    Happy New Year!

    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11281330].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author laurencewins
      Originally Posted by tagiscom View Post

      Countryside, eh, yes l have driven a fair way past Lilydale, and can attest that there are some nice, little towns about, but the distance, is a hurdle for me.

      But yeah, 2017, was a b***ch, and next year will be better for all.

      Happy New Year!

      I am in Morwell now and I was stuck, thinking that it would be a big hurdle, moving out this far BUT I am slowly adapting. I'm walking distance from Coles, other shops, a pharmacy, a massage and chiropractic clinic, the train and bus station and much more.

      Plus I am paying nearly half the rent I was paying before, and have a nicer place. I was looking at many areas including Lilydale but everything in Melbourne metro was too expensive.
      Signature

      Cheers, Laurence. Writer/Editor/Proofreader.
      Website / Blog for more info.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11281437].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
        Originally Posted by laurencewins View Post

        I am in Morwell now and I was stuck, thinking that it would be a big hurdle, moving out this far BUT I am slowly adapting. I'm walking distance from Coles, other shops, a pharmacy, a massage and chiropractic clinic, the train and bus station and much more.

        Plus I am paying nearly half the rent I was paying before, and have a nicer place. I was looking at many areas including Lilydale but everything in Melbourne metro was too expensive.
        Phew, yes it is a fair distance away, and close to Hazelwood, enough said.

        Yes, Midvalley, appears to have everything you need, (Google street view).

        Best of luck.

        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11281679].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author expmrb
    Well despite of all the hurdles of this year. Its good to hear that someone will be at good place the next year. Good for you, Laurence.

    A very Happy New Year to you and for your family too.
    Signature
    SEO Motionz Forum - A Digital Marketing Forum
    Forum Management & Promotion, SEO Tips, Money Making tips etc.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11281383].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author laurencewins
      Originally Posted by expmrb View Post

      Well despite of all the hurdles of this year. Its good to hear that someone will be at good place the next year. Good for you, Laurence.

      A very Happy New Year to you and for your family too.
      Thanks very much and the same to you and your family.
      Signature

      Cheers, Laurence. Writer/Editor/Proofreader.
      Website / Blog for more info.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11281438].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11281385].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    Laurence -

    I can identify with the 'countryside' - I'm less than 15 minutes from two small cities but definitely prefer living in the country with few people and no traffic.

    I've needed to spend weeks at a time on the outskirts of a major city this year (and will have to next year as well) and I hate being in the city. Coming back to the slower pace of country living is like taking a deep breath.

    I think changes in the online environment have caused problems for quite a few freelancers but I'm certain you will adapt and now that you are settled...and have a better year in 2018. A different environment gives you a chance to create new habits and schedules and that can be a real boost for a freelancer.

    kay
    Signature

    Saving one dog will not change the world - but forever changes the world for one dog.
    ***
    Sometimes people come into your life and they need to stop doing that...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11281400].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author laurencewins
      Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

      Laurence -

      I can identify with the 'countryside' - I'm less than 15 minutes from two small cities but definitely prefer living in the country with few people and no traffic.

      I've needed to spend weeks at a time on the outskirts of a major city this year (and will have to next year as well) and I hate being in the city. Coming back to the slower pace of country living is like taking a deep breath.

      I think changes in the online environment have caused problems for quite a few freelancers but I'm certain you will adapt and now that you are settled...and have a better year in 2018. A different environment gives you a chance to create new habits and schedules and that can be a real boost for a freelancer.

      kay
      Yes, Kay. I think that moving here was a great idea. I didn't want to initially as I have to find lots of new doctors and specialists. However, the quieter lifestyle and fresher air are good for me, and there's much less stress (now I am finally in and mostly settled anyway).

      I believe I will be able to do a lot more work because I am more positive. 2017 was the worst year but 2018 will be the best. and it starts in less than 24 hours now.
      Signature

      Cheers, Laurence. Writer/Editor/Proofreader.
      Website / Blog for more info.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11281445].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IPLease
    Happy New Year to you as well! Hope that 2018 is good to you and everyone on here. I did not think that 2017 was all that great of a year for me, but I know that I am determined to make the next year the best it can be.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11281619].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author laurencewins
    Yes, they say Mid Valley is the "biggest" shopping centre in this part of Gippsland.
    It's only single story so it's no Westfield. I am getting used to what is where...I have been to that centre 3 times...and Bunnings is also there, which has been extra handy.

    I am adjusting to my new life down here. If I am desperate for something I can't get, I can always get a train to Dandenong or wherever anyway. But I doubt I will need to.
    Signature

    Cheers, Laurence. Writer/Editor/Proofreader.
    Website / Blog for more info.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11281681].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
      Originally Posted by laurencewins View Post

      Yes, they say Mid Valley is the "biggest" shopping centre in this part of Gippsland.
      It's only single story so it's no Westfield. I am getting used to what is where...I have been to that centre 3 times...and Bunnings is also there, which has been extra handy.

      I am adjusting to my new life down here. If I am desperate for something I can't get, I can always get a train to Dandenong or wherever anyway. But I doublt I will need to.
      As long as Mid Valley has your bank, then you are pretty much set.

      As most banks have no phone number, just to make it convenient.

      I lived within walking distance to Greensborough shopping ctr, for 7 years, and found that it was a great way to keep the weight off, although a car is still good for a change of scene or when you want to slack off.

      But hiring one of those silly electric bikes or coke can type rental cars is also an option?

      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11281784].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author laurencewins
    Apparently there is my bank within walking distance as well but have to find out where. A scooter or a matchbox car are not good for me but I appreciate the thought. Being blind in 1 eye means I would lose my balance and crash a lot on the scooter and I surrendered my licence as it's unsafe for me to drive. I do like the walking as I need to lose more weight. I just worry about the weather.

    I was looking at Greensborough and the entire north-east suburbs, as well as everywhere - except the west.
    Signature

    Cheers, Laurence. Writer/Editor/Proofreader.
    Website / Blog for more info.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11281786].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11281831].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics