Samurai Siege or Clash Of Clans

14 replies
  • OFF TOPIC
  • |
Do any of you guys play Samurai Siege or Clash Of Clans? Very fun and highly addictive
Avatar of Unregistered
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11296501].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tom Addams
    Originally Posted by DURABLEOILCOM View Post

    Do any of you guys play Samurai Siege or Clash Of Clans? Very fun and highly addictive
    I'm big into gaming, but I haven't got around to those yet. Do you play any others?

    Originally Posted by Slate ORM View Post

    What year is it?
    We're allowed to play games that didn't come out this week lol

    Cheers,

    Tom
    Signature
    I coach members of Warrior Forum [Warrior Discounts available. PM for details.]
    Learn how I earn money by giving away free stuff. [Read Month One, the 799 Page Book.]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11296535].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dan Riffle
      Originally Posted by Tom Addams View Post

      I'm big into gaming, but I haven't got around to those yet. Do you play any others?



      We're allowed to play games that didn't come out this week lol

      Cheers,

      Tom
      Tom:

      I believe we're the same age. I used to game (of course, we didn't have a name for it back then...), but I'm just not into it like I used to be other than an occasional game of Madden.

      What keeps your interest these days?
      Signature

      Warrior HeySal is fighting for her life. You can help.
      Click Here: https://www.gofundme.com/heysal

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11296576].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Tom Addams
        Originally Posted by Dan Riffle View Post

        Tom:

        I believe we're the same age. I used to game (of course, we didn't have a name for it back then...), but I'm just not into it like I used to be other than an occasional game of Madden.

        What keeps your interest these days?
        I can understand that (about you not being into it as much). I was hooked right from my first console (forget its name) and my Acorn Electron computer. I remember being disappointed that the Acorn wouldn't play the games for some reason, so I stayed up all night coding a tennis game from the back of the Basic manual. In the back of the manual, you had a bunch of code to make different games. Didn't understand a word of it (and never learned) but I diligently tapped it out and was thrilled that it worked. It was that game where you have two thick lines on either side of the screen - your tennis rackets - and a big boxy ball of a thing you'd whack in between them. Well, long and boring story not remotely short, I think I was hooked from that point, and it was adventure games (like Sphinx Adventure, a text-based treasure hunting game) that really sealed the deal. I liked the escape. It was like a book, of course, but an interactive escape, and at the time I was really into that in book form, too (reading things like the Lone Wolf choose your own adventure series).

        As of the age of about 10 to 12, I don't think games have held the same magic, which is why I can see (perhaps in your own case) how they can lose appeal. With me, I think it's probably down to the magic of something being brand new. Before the console and that Acorn, the closest thing I'd ever played were things like board games. Well, fast forward to 2018, and I've never stopped being a gamer (you're right; we didn't have that term!), so I'm a bit desensitised and the magic isn't quite there. Still, though, I'm totally hooked. I'm mostly into open world games (I'll whack down my current playing list down below) and I think it's because of that old sense of escape. I don't really like to be too badly challenged by a game (real life is challenging enough lol); I just like the same escape I get from books; to disappear into different worlds that I either can't get to from here or where I wouldn't be brave enough to get to even if I could. The other part of the appeal for me is work. I work in gaming quite a bit of the time.

        Here's what I'm playing this month:

        Xbox One X:

        - Rise of the Tomb Raider
        - Forza
        - Call of Duty WW2
        - Cuphead
        - Wolfenstein II
        - Far Cry 4

        PS 4 Pro:

        - Uncharted 4

        PC:

        - PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
        - Fallout 4 (modded)
        - Skyrim Special Edition (modded)
        - Minecraft
        - Survival Craft
        - GTA 5: Online

        The only one I don't recommend playing (unless you want to lose marbles or turn to drink) is Cuphead. Beautiful art design but infuriating as hell. If you like, let me know what you might be into (genre) and platform, and I'd be happy to hurl out some suggestions. Oh, and if yourself or anyone wants to save a buck: G2A.com.

        Cheers,

        Tom
        Signature
        I coach members of Warrior Forum [Warrior Discounts available. PM for details.]
        Learn how I earn money by giving away free stuff. [Read Month One, the 799 Page Book.]
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11296632].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Dan Riffle
          Originally Posted by Tom Addams View Post

          I remember being disappointed that the Acorn wouldn't play the games for some reason, so I stayed up all night coding a tennis game from the back of the Basic manual.
          I used to code Basic games, too. I had a subscription to a magazine (K-Byte or something like that) that had code for various things. I started with simply transcribing the code to eventually modding it. Then my dad, in his infinite computing wisdom, bought me a ColecoVision Adam, rather than the Apple IIe that I'd asked for, and my computing fascination ground to a halt until I traded the rims on my bike for an 8 bit Nintendo.

          Originally Posted by Tom Addams View Post

          As of the age of about 10 to 12, I don't think games have held the same magic, which is why I can see (perhaps in your own case) how they can lose appeal. With me, I think it's probably down to the magic of something being brand new. Before the console and that Acorn, the closest thing I'd ever played were things like board games. Well, fast forward to 2018, and I've never stopped being a gamer (you're right; we didn't have that term!), so I'm a bit desensitised and the magic isn't quite there. Still, though, I'm totally hooked. I'm mostly into open world games (I'll whack down my current playing list down below) and I think it's because of that old sense of escape. I don't really like to be too badly challenged by a game (real life is challenging enough lol); I just like the same escape I get from books; to disappear into different worlds that I either can't get to from here or where I wouldn't be brave enough to get to even if I could. The other part of the appeal for me is work. I work in gaming quite a bit of the time.
          I can certainly appreciate this.

          Originally Posted by Tom Addams View Post

          Here's what I'm playing this month:

          Xbox One X:

          - Rise of the Tomb Raider
          - Forza
          - Call of Duty WW2
          - Cuphead
          - Wolfenstein II
          - Far Cry 4

          PS 4 Pro:

          - Uncharted 4

          PC:

          - PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
          - Fallout 4 (modded)
          - Skyrim Special Edition (modded)
          - Minecraft
          - Survival Craft
          - GTA 5: Online

          The only one I don't recommend playing (unless you want to lose marbles or turn to drink) is Cuphead. Beautiful art design but infuriating as hell. If you like, let me know what you might be into (genre) and platform, and I'd be happy to hurl out some suggestions. Oh, and if yourself or anyone wants to save a buck: G2A.com.

          Cheers,

          Tom
          I've always played more sports games than anything else. In fact, I don't think I've purchased a non-sports game in 25 years.

          I'd probably be more interested in strategy/puzzle-based games than shooters. My life is stressful enough without spending my free time trying not to get virtual-murdered.
          Signature

          Warrior HeySal is fighting for her life. You can help.
          Click Here: https://www.gofundme.com/heysal

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11296648].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Tom Addams
            Originally Posted by Dan Riffle

            I used to code Basic games, too. I had a subscription to a magazine (K-Byte or something like that) that had code for various things. I started with simply transcribing the code to eventually modding it. Then my dad, in his infinite computing wisdom, bought me a ColecoVision Adam, rather than the Apple IIe that I'd asked for, and my computing fascination ground to a halt until I traded the rims on my bike for an 8 bit Nintendo.
            That 8-bit NES was the Cadillac! I didn't have it in the early '80s so I treated myself about 15 years ago. I still pull it out from time to time.

            Oh, I remember the joy of parental computing wisdom. In my case it was a Sega Master System that I sold and upgraded to a Mega Drive. (I think it might have been called a Sega Genesis in the States.)

            Originally Posted by Dan Riffle

            I've always played more sports games than anything else. In fact, I don't think I've purchased a non-sports game in 25 years.

            I'd probably be more interested in strategy/puzzle-based games than shooters. My life is stressful enough without spending my free time trying not to get virtual-murdered.
            Check out EA Access.

            That's the UK link but there's probably something you can click for U.S, if it doesn't take you there already. It's a decent deal and it has your Madden. Might be a few other sporty games there you like. Outside of sports, you might like this for a different type of strategy: Civilisation VI.

            See what you started, DURABLEOILCOM!!

            Cheers,

            Tom
            Signature
            I coach members of Warrior Forum [Warrior Discounts available. PM for details.]
            Learn how I earn money by giving away free stuff. [Read Month One, the 799 Page Book.]
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11296669].message }}
      • Originally Posted by Dan Riffle View Post

        Tom:

        I believe we're the same age.
        I notice you never say "I believe we are the same height".
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11296637].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Dan Riffle
          Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

          I notice you never say "I believe we are the same height".
          Just as you never say, "I believe we're the same weight" (unless you're at the zoo).
          Signature

          Warrior HeySal is fighting for her life. You can help.
          Click Here: https://www.gofundme.com/heysal

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11296645].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
    Originally Posted by Dan Riffle View Post

    I'd probably be more interested in strategy/puzzle-based games than shooters. My life is stressful enough without spending my free time trying not to get virtual-murdered.
    If anyone is looking for a fun strategy game on your mobile, there is a board game called Summoner Wars (Not Summoners War - that is a different game), by Plaid Hat games. They made a fantastic port to mobile app for it.

    It is kind of hard to explain, but it is sort of like chess, but with fantasy armies. Maybe a little bit like that 3-D holographic chess game in the first Star Wars movie.

    I like it as a distraction that is not a huge time vampire because you can play against other people in a you go, they go format. You do your turn, then when they have a chance they do their turn. It goes back and forth like that. You don't have to sit down and complete a whole game all at once.

    I've also played a lot of military strategy games over the years. American Civil War and Napoleonic games are probably my favorite.
    Signature
    SEO, AdWords Management, Social Media Marketing, and more.
    Get a FREE Quote.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11296719].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DURABLEOILCOM
    Been a gamer all my life first system I played was 8 bit Nintendo then had every new system there after. Grew up loving the N64 007 Golden Eye. Starcraft all of them
    Counter Strike
    Battlefield 1942 one of the best of all time
    Tribes
    Warcraft
    Diablo
    League of Legends
    Age of Empires
    Xbox One X is a lot more fun than pc games now a days
    Samurai Siege
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11298529].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
    Super Mario is the game of choice for me, and always has been after drooling at the first one aens ago.

    The latest one for Gameboy is beautiful and certainly still has the magic.

    Zelda too for that matter, but Zelda has bugs and excessively hard levels half way through, Windwaker was the last one, l got all of the way through.

    Twilight Princess, because of a bug, l got half way through and that was it.

    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11323704].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Regional Warrior
    My vote for WGT
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11323731].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author alaicarich
    if you want high addictive game then Clash Of Clans will be good for you.its very fun. i have been playing these for 4years. good luck
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11324395].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics