What do you listen to in the car?

31 replies
  • OFF TOPIC
  • |
I am considering a job change while I work on my first internet million. The new job will be about a 1/2 longer trip than my current job.

What do other Warriors listen to while they are in the car? Any podcasts you recommend that are about 1/2 an hour, or maybe an hour and I can split it between both ways for work?
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Riki kurniawan
    how about the cars - drive
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11421955].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DWolfe
      Originally Posted by Kurt View Post

      I'm sure Shane's playlist would include the following:
      Cat Stevens
      Cat Scratch Fever
      Black Cat Moan
      You forgot Kat Man Du.. Dam now I need a Kit Cat Bar.

      Originally Posted by Riki kurniawan View Post

      how about the cars - drive
      While you are at it play Down the Highway BTO - Bachman Turner Overdrive - Roll On Down The Highway - Lyrics Below - followed by Sammy Hagar can't drive 55.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11422434].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanbiddulph
    I dig silence; allows the ego chatter to quiet down. Sweet time for meditating.

    Ryan
    Signature
    Ryan Biddulph inspires you to be a successful blogger with his courses, 100 plus eBooks, audio books and blog at Blogging From Paradise
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11421957].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Frank Donovan
      Originally Posted by ryanbiddulph View Post

      I dig silence; allows the ego chatter to quiet down. Sweet time for meditating.
      Meditating? And people wonder why we need self-driving cars.
      Signature
      TOP TIP: To browse the forum like a Pro, select "View Classic" from the drop-down menu under your user name.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11422273].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
        Originally Posted by Frank Donovan View Post

        Meditating? And people wonder why we need self-driving cars.
        Well, at least he's not doing Yoga while driving.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11422286].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
        Originally Posted by Frank Donovan View Post

        Meditating? And people wonder why we need self-driving cars.
        Priceless - and precisely what I would expect. I'll bet that's one smooth magic carpet.
        Signature

        "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11422287].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jatin yadav
    you can listen to anything which you love the most...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11422038].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
    I eschew the cacophony from my sound system and luxuriate in the melodic tones of my car's engine which range from a gentle purr to a throaty roar.
    Signature

    "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11422270].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    My deep dark secret (one of them anyway)....I have diverse tastes in music....



    If I want 'sound' in a car I listen to country music. It's the only place I listen to country music but if you see me at a stop light you might notice me singing along about my truck and my dog and my bar and my beer....


    To be fair - my usual 'drives' are no more than 20 minutes to get where I'm going....so the 'dose' of country is limited to 3-4 songs at a time.
    Signature
    Remember all those times when you wished the weekend would last forever? Well, wish granted. Happy now?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11422294].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chuckholmes
    I love to drive in silence, but with a voice recorder. This is when I come up with some of my best ideas. Whenever I think of something, I record it and then transcribe it when I get home.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11422317].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
    If I'm driving by myself, I do one of two things. I listen to semi-classical music...movie themes by Hans Zimmer...and inspirational Celtic and African music.

    When I'm not listening to that music, I'm talking to myself....working out arguments, practicing speeches, trying to find flaws in my reasoning. working out interview answers.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11422320].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
    No surprises here so far.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11422335].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11422354].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jonathan 2.0
      Originally Posted by tagiscom View Post



      5: Posting too many cat pictures.
      : )
      Signature
      "Each problem has hidden in it an opportunity so powerful that it literally dwarfs the problem. The greatest success stories were created by people who recognized a problem and turned it into an opportunity."―Joseph Sugarman
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11422359].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Odahh
      Originally Posted by tagiscom View Post



      there is crazy that result in functional and productive outcomes ..

      and crazy where people just want to get away from you .. or contact the police if you keep getting to close ..

      normal people.. tend to just have undiagnosed mental conditions ..or be on the correct medications to seem normal ..

      if people do not want to be around you.. or look in their cellphones as soon as they can after a few moments ..it's not them ..

      It is fine to be crazy .. most of the people who creat anything are considered crazy ..

      now as for listening to stuff in the car.. i tend to zone out and really even ignore what is on the radio..as it tend to be mostly commercials.. and i spend plenty of time when near a computer ..listening to .. youtube video and podcasts in self improvement.. and when i hear something interesting.. i like to listen to it several times.. not easy to do when driving
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11422367].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sebastya
    how I built this
    empire podcast
    how I built it
    growth everywhere
    experts on the wire
    noah kagan
    starting from nothing
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11422366].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
    Originally Posted by Jonathan 2.0 View Post

    5: Posting too many cat pictures.
    : )
    Only the beginning.

    Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

    Shane; Seriously, if you were allowed to drive a car, what would you listen to?

    (I read this to my wife before I posted it. She twisted my ear and walked off. I'm not kidding)
    Eurythmics - Would l lie to You!
    Mick Jagger - She's the Boss!
    Linkin Park - One Step Closer
    Keri Hilson - Breaking Point
    Limp Bizkit - Break Stuff
    Korn - Dead Bodys Everywhere

    Originally Posted by Odahh View Post

    there is crazy that result in functional and productive outcomes ..

    and crazy where people just want to get away from you .. or contact the police if you keep getting to close ..

    normal people.. tend to just have undiagnosed mental conditions ..or be on the correct medications to seem normal ..

    if people do not want to be around you.. or look in their cellphones as soon as they can after a few moments ..it's not them ..

    It is fine to be crazy .. most of the people who creat anything are considered crazy ..

    now as for listening to stuff in the car.. i tend to zone out and really even ignore what is on the radio..as it tend to be mostly commercials.. and i spend plenty of time when near a computer ..listening to .. youtube video and podcasts in self improvement.. and when i hear something interesting.. i like to listen to it several times.. not easy to do when driving
    I used to have a car radio, but prefer silence, (and the car radio is broken). Medications, ok.

    Originally Posted by Kurt View Post

    I'm sure Shane's playlist would include the following:
    Cat Stevens
    Cat Scratch Fever
    Black Cat Moan


    Don't Drive Angry.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11422448].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    normal people.. tend to just have undiagnosed mental conditions ..or be on the correct medications to seem normal ..

    What if normal has been misdiagnosed and requires a certain level of mental 'conditions' to reach the status of 'normal'
    Signature
    Remember all those times when you wished the weekend would last forever? Well, wish granted. Happy now?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11422450].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
      Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

      What if normal has been misdiagnosed and requires a certain level of mental 'conditions' to reach the status of 'normal'
      If you think about what normal means..it just means "average". In other words, if most people think a certain way...it's normal.

      Apparently, I consider myself the ultimate authority on every subject.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11422605].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author lanfear63
        Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

        If you think about what normal means..it just means "average". In other words, if most people think a certain way...it's normal.

        Apparently, I consider myself the ultimate authority on every subject.
        I'm, afraid you have "Falcone" syndrome. It's terminal
        Signature

        Marriage, For The Best Arguments

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11422614].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
        Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

        Apparently, I consider myself the ultimate authority on every subject.
        Possibly, in another thread, where you were spouting-off about toilet bowls.
        Signature

        "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11422619].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Dan Riffle
          Originally Posted by OptedIn View Post

          Possibly, in another thread, where you were spouting-off about toilet bowls.
          At least he wasn't drinking out of them like... normal.
          Signature

          If you want me to go on arguing, you'll have to pay for another five minutes.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11422628].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Odahh
        Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

        If you think about what normal means..it just means "average". In other words, if most people think a certain way...it's normal.

        Apparently, I consider myself the ultimate authority on every subject.
        so you admit by your definition of normal or average.. you are far from normal?

        being that you don't have the crazy beliefs most people you talk to have ..

        and scientists and physicist definitely not normal ..

        in which case is normal actually a good thing over all ?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11422654].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author lanfear63
          Originally Posted by Odahh View Post

          so you admit by your definition of normal or average.. you are far from normal?

          being that you don't have the crazy beliefs most people you talk to have ..

          and scientists and physicist definitely not normal ..

          in which case is normal actually a good thing over all ?
          Claude does not have a six pack...other than that he's Ab-normal
          Signature

          Marriage, For The Best Arguments

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11422656].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
          Originally Posted by Odahh View Post


          in which case is normal actually a good thing over all ?

          If your drive is to be accepted by the largest number of people, as one of them...then yes.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11422928].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
            Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

            If your drive is to be accepted by the largest number of people, as one of them...then yes.
            My goal in life, exposed!
            Signature

            "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11422954].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kazim
    I usually listen FM while driving.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11422963].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics