59 replies
  • OFF TOPIC
  • |
Where has all the traffic gone?


It's just after 10:00am (Mountain) on a Wednesday morning and the forum has 800 and change logged-in visitors. It's not a holiday or anything else special today. I assume discussions about Internet marketing are still why we all visit.


Not that many years ago, I was seeing 4-5,000 or more people logged in on any weekday morning like today.


Could it be that marketers of today know everything there is to know about the subject?


Or maybe people just don't like to come to forums like they used to?


Or could it be that people just don't get the help they're looking for from discussions here?


Maybe all the scammers and spammers have learned that what they're doing just isn't paying off like it used to.


Any thoughts?


Steve
#doldrums #forum
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author GordonJ
    Originally Posted by Steve B View Post

    Where has all the traffic gone?


    It's just after 10:00am (Mountain) on a Wednesday morning and the forum has 800 and change logged-in visitors. It's not a holiday or anything else special today. I assume discussions about Internet marketing are still why we all visit.


    Not that many years ago, I was seeing 4-5,000 or more people logged in on any weekday morning like today.


    Could it be that marketers of today know everything there is to know about the subject?


    Or maybe people just don't like to come to forums like they used to?


    Or could it be that people just don't get the help they're looking for from discussions here?


    Maybe all the scammers and spammers have learned that what they're doing just isn't paying off like it used to.


    Any thoughts?


    Steve
    Keep up your good work Steve. I can't speak for anyone else, but my now 5 mins a day visit to WF is strictly for entertainment, and that means the OT forum.

    Get my daily fix of Claude jokes, and silly posts about nothing at all related to IM.

    It is, on any given day, good for at least a chuckle or two. Upstairs? A snooze fest of same old, same old, and a sense of giving up by those who thought they might make a difference. Even the Freelance people being paid show little interest in this place, why would anyone else?

    All those great ideas from the mods and before them, the group who cared. Good ideas tossed aside, and the train continues to run down the track and maybe the Road Runner goes into the tunnel, but not the Coyote called WF. We'll see how hard it crashes soon enough.

    GordonJ

    PS. I've found refuge in Facebook groups and even newer forums where at least an effort is being made by those who run the place. Just my opinion.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11436336].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author perryny
    Frank is back now, so maybe things will pick up.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11436346].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author GordonJ
      Originally Posted by perryny View Post

      Frank is back now, so maybe things will pick up.
      Maybe (but was he ever really gone, for like half a day maybe?).

      Anyhow, I can robot Optedin at this point, in case he does leave or finds a nicer river to park by.

      In that case, I'll simply paste this 1001 times a day:

      Your comment makes absolutely no sense. and be just as effective as he is to get common sense into the current WF members.

      See? We all can be replaced.

      GordonJ
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11436353].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Odahh
    Originally Posted by Steve B View Post

    Where has all the traffic gone?


    It's just after 10:00am (Mountain) on a Wednesday morning and the forum has 800 and change logged-in visitors. It's not a holiday or anything else special today. I assume discussions about Internet marketing are still why we all visit.


    Not that many years ago, I was seeing 4-5,000 or more people logged in on any weekday morning like today.


    Could it be that marketers of today know everything there is to know about the subject?


    Or maybe people just don't like to come to forums like they used to?


    Or could it be that people just don't get the help they're looking for from discussions here?


    Maybe all the scammers and spammers have learned that what they're doing just isn't paying off like it used to.


    Any thoughts?


    Steve
    well who really want to read over and over again about all the hard work it will take to succeed with this internet marketing thing.. i think the dream of making money on auto pilot while traveling the world.. has been vaporized and the reality of putting long hours in to make no money .. has caused many people to move on to things like crypto.. or maybe even thrifting and item flipping ..

    much of the internet marketing stuff .. still seem focused on building email list, trying to rank high on google searches and affiliate marketing .. and the in thing on the internet ..is social media marketing.. becoming an infuencer.. or buiilding a you tube channel.. getting instagram follower or subscriber.. or what ever it is call for what ever platform..

    so thats where people have their attention.. not internet marketing success 2005-2010 style
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11436355].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chuckholmes
    Google just did a recent update, so that might be part of it. Both of my blogs have been negatively affected over the past 14-20 days. Not sure if it is a temporary or permanent thing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11436364].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chuckholmes
    I would also chime in and say that I read a lot of the threads here and there are 2-3 people who take every topic off topic and make personal attacks. It makes the entire WF look very unprofessional.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11436366].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
      Originally Posted by chuckholmes View Post

      I would also chime in and say that I read a lot of the threads here and there are 2-3 people who take every topic off topic and make personal attacks.
      Anyone, who as you say, "makes personal attacks." is usually banned. Just because you don't like what someone may post, that's not a personal attack.

      It's an open forum - you take the good with the bad. If that doesn't work for you you can choose to not participate or, better yet, you can start your own forum where you can dictate how it should operate.

      It makes the entire WF look very unprofessional.
      Not even close. What makes the forum look unprofessional is an abundance of idiotic questions, met with even more idiotic answers and posts by people that know absolutely nothing about the topic being discussed, but somehow feel obligated to post their ridiculous comments that do nothing to help anyone, go a long way to display their ignorance - and worst of all - no one with real knowledge calls them out because they have learned that they are beating a dead horse.

      If management won't do anything to make things better - why should the members?

      Many of the questions posted should be deleted and should be referenced with a stickie. It's the same questions, over and over and over and over - usually by a first time poster. It is sucking the life out of this place. At least 50% of the "I agree with you, bro' and "Not work for me, this" and "Do social media," should immediately be deleted. Faster than immediately. Instantaneously!

      This place won't get better on its own. The past 6 months have been a steady slide into Internet oblivion. It wouldn't take much to turn this place around. The simple fact is, no one is interested in doing it.

      Add the incredible amount of meaningless tripe posted by so called, 'authorities' and by people that have never done a single thing in IM, yet are happy to tell others what to do and you have a recipe for total disaster. Total disaster does not appear to be that far off. Unless major steps are made to completely INTELLIGENTLY MANAGE this place - it won't see 2020. If it does, it will be populated by the blind leading the blind. If that works for everyone - enjoy!

      Make me a mod and let me write a few rules. By New Year's Day I will completely turn this place around to a place you would want to be a major part of. How do I know this? Because I have done it, before. But, no! We're going to go with the status quo.

      Good luck, with that. lol

      P.S. The next time you see a new thread started by a new member, with the title - "How do I get traffic," remember this post. If you answer that posts you are actually a bigger problem that is helping to drag this place down, the the OP. Think about it.
      Signature

      "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11436399].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author tryinhere
        Originally Posted by OptedIn View Post

        Not even close. What makes the forum look unprofessional is an abundance of idiotic questions, met with even more idiotic answers and posts by people that know absolutely nothing about the topic being discussed, but somehow feel obligated to post their ridiculous comments that do nothing to help anyone, go a long way to display their ignorance - and worst of all - no one with real knowledge calls them out because they have learned that they are beating a dead horse.
        I have recently and on more than one accassion spotted what I call paid forum posters and or spammers first post in asking a stupid question, soon followed by the same person or their uncles auntie also on post one giving an equall stupid answer.

        On reporting these posts I had my post deleted by admin (that I had responded to their bullcrap / called them out) and their original is left standing by admin.


        I shake my head at the decisions being made, "lets leave the rubbish being called out but squash thise trying to make a difference"


        In short yes I now do not bother per say and gave up trying, so your reply is very much on the money.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11436411].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
          Originally Posted by tryinhere View Post

          so your reply is very much on the money.
          It's a gift - though not widely recognized or appreciated for the incredible insight it always provides. :-)
          Signature

          "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11436843].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Odahh
        Originally Posted by OptedIn View Post


        If management won't do anything to make things better - why should the members?

        Many of the questions posted should be deleted and should be referenced with a stickie. It's the same questions, over and over and over and over - usually by a first time poster. It is sucking the life out of this place. At least 50% of the "I agree with you, bro' and "Not work for me, this" and "Do social media," should immediately be deleted. Faster than immediately. Instantaneously!

        t.
        I've seen forum die slowly several times ... and there is no turning this around .. social media marketing ..or building you tube channels ..and face book marketing ,, or instagram .. or what ever the thing is in the last few years is what people are looking for .. or Crypto currency .

        you are write .. most of the question here have been asked and can be answered with stickies.. so what is the point of the forum .. outside the 10 regular posters and the other 10 semi regular posters talking about the same stuff over and over ..
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11436420].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
          Originally Posted by Odahh View Post

          I've seen forum die slowly several times ... and there is no turning this around .. social media marketing ..or building you tube channels ..and face book marketing ,, or instagram .. or what ever the thing is in the last few years is what people are looking for .. or Crypto currency .

          you are write .. most of the question here have been asked and can be answered with stickies.. so what is the point of the forum .. outside the 10 regular posters and the other 10 semi regular posters talking about the same stuff over and over ..
          That's easy to answer. After reviewing the stickies, compiled by the few people, here, that are actually capable of competently writing them (should they opt to do so), people can then ask more detailed and relevant questions based upon what they read, might not understand and possibly need clarified based upon their own unique situation.

          This is NOT rocket science, people. All it takes is desire, will and dedication to the task at hand. That said, very few people here can relate to that at any level. lol

          Careful - I had two beers with dinner. I'm ready for a one-man rampage. lol
          Signature

          "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11436430].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Odahh
            Originally Posted by OptedIn View Post

            That's easy to answer. After reviewing the stickies, compiled by the few people, here, that are actually capable of competently writing them (should they opt to do so), people can then ask more detailed and relevant questions based upon what they read, might not understand and possibly need clarified based upon their own unique situation.

            This is NOT rocket science, people. All it takes is desire, will and dedication to the task at hand. That said, very few people here can relate to that at any level. lol

            Careful - I had two beers with dinner. I'm ready for a one-man rampage. lol
            why even both with a sticky or having someone write a sticky.. i know if i have a real question i want answered about marketing online.. to go to the second largest search engine in the world.. aka youtube .. type in the subject i want to know about .. and get what answers i can .. by watching the videos from someone ..

            what is the point of a discussion forum .. when you are right .. about 80 percent of newb question can be answered with a sticky or a you tube search and hell you can probably get better answers in the comment sections of you tube video than here a lot of times..at least at this point ..

            i've seen forums die .. it generally happens because there is really nothing to discus on a discussion forum any more .. and at this point that is what is happen or has been happening here the last few years.. as the internet has shift to being social media ..and this forum is still about internet marketing as it was before 5 or so years ago ..
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11436831].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
              Originally Posted by Odahh View Post

              it generally happens because there is really nothing to discus on a discussion forum any more
              That's nothing more than a self-fulfilling prophecy. There are lots of things that can be discussed as to experiences of what individuals try, results achieved, ways to implement techniques and improve them, pros and cons of various aspects of implementation, ethics - and the list goes on.

              Unfortunately, in order to have a discussion you need a group of individuals that have the experience, knowledge, credibility and honesty to discuss relevant points in an intellectually meaningful way.

              I don't know what else I can say about that, but I was not attempting to cast aspersions. :-)
              Signature

              "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11436840].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author GordonJ
        Originally Posted by OptedIn View Post



        The past 6 months have been a steady slide into Internet oblivion. It wouldn't take much to turn this place around. The simple fact is, no one is interested in doing it.

        Make me a mod and let me write a few rules. By New Year's Day I will completely turn this place around to a place you would want to be a major part of. How do I know this? Because I have done it, before.

        .
        Maybe WF (Freelancer) board needs a business proposal, how would turning the place around be profitable for them? Which seems to be the real concern.

        How can you turn these nickles and dimes they currently get from WF into DOLLARS they can count on?

        Maybe, they have one (a plan)???? Last we heard, the great gurus of StartCon were going to get involved, so all we have to do is just wait and see.

        But, you get my vote (albeit, much like USA today, WF/Freelancer not much of a democracy) and support. Let Big Frank take over for Gab, who seems to have had his legs cut out from under him, he gave it a good shot, and is/was appreciated.

        So, yea. BF, turn this place around quickly. OR, grab a fishing pole and join me upstream where old folks go, or simply enjoy the OT forum, sure to be some laughs here.

        GordonJ
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11436717].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
          Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post

          So, yea. BF, turn this place around quickly. OR, grab a fishing pole and join me upstream where old folks go, or simply enjoy the OT forum, sure to be some laughs here.

          GordonJ
          Nah - that will never happen. People love to talk a good game, while they sit on their hands and watch their efforts (or lack thereof) go up in smoke.

          I can assure you that things will never change. They never do - unless it's for the worse. Be honest. How important is any forum to anyone's existence.? There isn't a single thing, here, that can't be found, anywhere else. If it disappeared, tomorrow, would your life be affected in any way? Of course, not.

          I was quite impressed with this place when I discovered it. That simple fact that I joined, proves that. I simply don't join forums as a rule. Very, very rarely. That said, I have been shocked, dismayed and surprised by how quickly this place had deteriorated to a barely recognizable shell of its former stature and even more surprised by the empty claims but forth by one 'new leader' after another that they were going to restore this place to its former luster and take it to new heights. Cut me a break. That's what people say to get the job and what they never do once they get the job.

          I'll probably die before this place does, but I promise you that my demise will be much more enjoyable. Recognizing that the end is near gives one a distinct advantage over those that are blind to the fact, or choosing to live out their final days in denial at what's facing them.

          One thing, though. I really don't look to the OT forum for pure amusement. I reserve my trips to the Mind Warriors forum for that express purpose. There's comedy gold in them thar hills!

          Cheers.
          Signature

          "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11436722].message }}
  • Aw, see -- ima in the tub rn, skimmin' WF on my tab alongside alla the fake nooz an' adorable kittens ...

    an' prolly I should feel inspired to leap outta the water like a summoned mermaid an' make with the rejoovenatory smarts.

    Thing is, I am a real stinky Princess today.

    So stinky, I feel like a horse.

    Gotta figure bein' more actschwly metaphorical in an equine capacity than a mermaid gal capacity means my potential for positive action in ANY context is kinda lame.

    So ima resoom chillin' out with my candles an' the weirdsy pineapple stuff I squirted in the water ... an' mebbe head over to my ereader for either bad boy romance or a popular science book I'll be sure to misunderstand.

    But, for sure -- we ain't seen too many humdinger posts in a while, an' the same questions an' ruses keep whirlin' around like detached eyeballs in a centrifuge.
    Signature

    Lightin' fuses is for blowin' stuff together.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11436383].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
    Originally Posted by Steve B View Post

    Or maybe people just don't like to come to forums like they used to?
    People like forums, just not this one.

    They have done everything they can to make it as user-unfriendly as possible. They don't follow through on anything.

    If the owners don't care about the place, and it is obvious they don't, why should anyone else?
    Signature
    SEO, AdWords Management, Social Media Marketing, and more.
    Get a FREE Quote.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11436385].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steve B
    Thanks for all the comments in this thread ladies and gents . . .


    To be honest, I almost expected that this thread would be nuked because nobody (in management) wants to talk openly about their role in the sinking of the once great Titanic.


    It hasn't completely submerged just yet and I thought it was worth, at least with some effort on my part, a little open discussion to try to plug the leaks.


    FL spent their money to buy this thing, but IMO, they are strangling the golden goose ... the one thing above all else that was enticing about this place when FL was contemplating their purchase ... the forum members that were faithfully coming here to sincerely learn about and teach about IM.


    That is not to say that the WF has not collected its share of riff-raff, fake personalities, spammers, scammers, and paid zombies here to post and push their agendas. Now more than ever, the minions are running wild!



    But as in all businesses, if you don't care about people (in this case "members") you are not going to last. To me, at least, FL has cast the good of WF members aside for a much more practical business goal ... MONEY, MONEY, MONEY! Certainly, I recognize it's their private ship now and they can steer it in any direction they like. What more evidence of this money grubbing do you need than the way the owners demand being partners in every WSO and in relegating everything else to the "underground"?



    IMO, the golden goose is on the brink of lifelessness and to me, it's sad that the worthwhile and often enlightening IM discussions of yesteryear are all but comatose!


    Who knows, maybe this juggernaut is simply meant to be a FL business tax write-off! Stranger things have happened in the name of the almighty dollar.


    I have made what I thought are good suggestions for this place. Not one of them has ever been implemented (or for all I know, even discussed). I have tried (with a few lame exceptions) to offer quality posts with practical advice for those asking for help.


    Here at the WF I have learned the truth of the idiom, "no go deed goes unpunished."


    My days here are numbered. I have better uses for my time. Above all, the best thing about this experience is all the nice and friendly members I have met here - even though the conversations have not been face-to-face.



    Steve
    Signature

    Steve Browne, online business strategies, tips, guidance, and resources
    SteveBrowneDirect

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11436802].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
      Originally Posted by Steve B View Post

      I have tried (with a few lame exceptions) to offer quality posts with practical advice for those asking for help.
      And, therein Steve, lies the rub. If you are going to continue to spend your time attempting to help others, without the WF so much as acknowledging your suggestions, let alone implementing any of them, why would they change a thing? Every time you do a 'good deed' you simply reaffirm the beliefs of the powers that be that there is no reason to change anything. Guys like you will put up with being treated like crap, seemingly, forever.

      There are less than a dozen members left, here, that are credible and knowledgeable to be of value to this place. That's slim pickins'. I'm amazed that they have such allegiance to this place that they continue to do all they can to be a positive force. For, what? I don't think they're ego driven - well, most of them, anyway. lol Unfathomably, I think they really care, but caring should be a two way street.

      It appears that there is no longer anyone at the wheel, here. The forum appears to be drifting, aimlessly.

      Also, I'm not opposed to anyone attempting to make money, but if you are going to be an IM forum, you should be using the best IM techniques to develop and grow your income stream. What's done here can be described as poorly thought out and ineffective, unless they are making much more money than appears to be the reality.

      Alienating members, both sellers and buyers and those only seeking information, through a steady stream of ill-conceived and seemingly desperate ploys, will not be fruitful. They will only hasten the demise of this forum. I guarantee you that the powers that be laugh at such a statement. They believe that something can go on forever. Possibly - we've all heard of the walking dead, but even a well-placed blow can put them down.

      Like I said, earlier. No great shakes as to what the outcome will be. It is what it is. Just as most of the people that made this place a valuable resource have drifted off, never to be heard fro, again - over time, one by one, the rest will follow, until one day, all that will be left are newbies asking the number one question posed on this forum - "How do I get traffic." lol

      The sun will continue to rise in the east, the earth will continue spinning and I will continue to be envious of those that have mastered the technique of vibing with the light-dark point. That is, oh, so heavy!

      Cheers.
      Signature

      "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11436826].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Odahh
        Originally Posted by OptedIn View Post



        Like I said, earlier. No great shakes as to what the outcome will be. It is what it is. Just as most of the people that made this place a valuable resource have drifted off, never to be heard fro, again - over time, one by one, the rest will follow, until one day, all that will be left are newbies asking the number one question posed on this forum - "How do I get traffic." lol

        The sun will continue to rise in the east, the earth will continue spinning and I will continue to be envious of those that have mastered the technique of vibing with the light-dark point. That is, oh, so heavy!

        Cheers.
        this illustrate my point .. now i don't claim to be a credible member of the bored so i stay out of the areas where people need credible advice and when people want real advice .. i put up some advice and mention i probably am just full of crap

        but my point which you so brilliantly and unexpectedly ..possibly accidently seemingly agreed with .. is the internet marketing or making money online .. is about traffic ...and getting traffic .. to a point it still is .. but with social media ..or with the internet becoming social media.. it is building that traffic into a real audian.. and somehow monetizing that audience without pissing the audience off ..

        which is what this thread is about.. because the audiance for this forum is rapidly shifting attention and effort elsewhere ..and those left tend to just be have chats with those they have been talking to here for years ..
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11436838].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    a credible member of the bored
    Ok, I like that line...
    Signature

    Saving one dog will not change the world - but forever changes the world of one dog.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11436861].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
      Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

      Ok, I like that line...
      If it's a club, where do I apply for membership???
      Signature

      "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11436867].message }}
  • Gotta figure any forum either rocks out or dies thanks to the inspirin' debate on offer.

    Which means quality persons an' qualityer interactions -- plus also (since all forums gotta take place sumplace) a diligently permissive arena.

    Way I see it, WF pulses on an' off -- sumtimes like a sick cat tryin' to stand, other times like a plummetin' angel tryin' to fit her halo all straight before she go SPLAT -- an' mebbe rn is a hiatus moment before max pulse tumescence.

    All I know is, plenty people here are lightnin' rods for my attention.

    F*ck alla the lame headlines whooshied up to begiuile the innocent -- I wanna know who said sumthin' smart.

    Likely plenty people stop by here for other reasons -- evrythin' from havin' no nipple on which to suck ... to squirtin' sensationalist drivel from orifices unknown -- but their actions an' motivations seem always like a clouda gnats buzzin' round at random.

    I would want always for discussion to go sumplace -- even if it trapdoors itself on an Off Topic tangent -- cos otherwise we jus' reinventin' the wheel for folks wanna stand still.

    Thing is, Steve B been around this place for way longer'n since A****e Moi showed, an' I have always found his contribution considered & generous -- in total contrast to the many zillions showin' here with nuthin' to offer other than SAVE ME! or EXALT ME AS AN ICON OF HUBRIS FOR A MERE $1000 PER SECOND.

    I would wanna conjecture from a purely long-time-devotee stance that if'n sumone like Steve is pitchin' a WTF?, WF gotta look in on its operation regardin' ultimate longevity.

    Less'n they prefer gnats.


    WARRIOR FORUM
    A Strike Force of Like-Minded Enthusiasts Rocking The Cloudscape
    Signature

    Lightin' fuses is for blowin' stuff together.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11436871].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dan Riffle
      Originally Posted by Princess Balestra View Post

      All I know is, plenty people here are lightnin' rods for my attention.
      Somebody page me?
      Signature

      Yes, I can hear you, Clem Fandango.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11436877].message }}
      • Originally Posted by Dan Riffle View Post

        Somebody page me?
        For sure, Sweetie, I would gladly clamp my hands on your conductor baton till my hair flew off on a Van der Graaf ticket.

        An' I say that as sumone got banned from here who figured ...

        *waitaminute*

        An' I say that as sumone got ...

        *omc, ima wellin' up here ... lemme try one las' time*

        An' I say that as sumone got banned from here who figured -- in the darkness -- she was mebbe cared for from afar.

        *sob*

        See, now ima blubbin' like I might stain the planet with liquid mascara.

        Luckily I threw a black outfit together today, so the long term consequences only gonna impact on my heart.

        But, hey, Rifflepops -- I am glad to take the hit.

        This sense of ... togetherness ... is what sets quality forums apart, I guess.
        Signature

        Lightin' fuses is for blowin' stuff together.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11436893].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Dan Riffle
          Originally Posted by Princess Balestra View Post

          For sure, Sweetie, I would gladly clamp my hands on your conductor baton till my hair flew off on a Van der Graaf ticket.

          An' I say that as sumone got banned from here who figured ...

          *waitaminute*

          An' I say that as sumone got ...

          *omc, ima wellin' up here ... lemme try one las' time*

          An' I say that as sumone got banned from here who figured -- in the darkness -- she was mebbe cared for from afar.

          *sob*

          See, now ima blubbin' like I might stain the planet with liquid mascara.

          Luckily I threw a black outfit together today, so the long term consequences only gonna impact on my heart.

          But, hey, Rifflepops -- I am glad to take the hit.

          This sense of ... togetherness ... is what sets quality forums apart, I guess.
          I think one of us - and I'm not sure which - misinterpreted the other.
          Signature

          Yes, I can hear you, Clem Fandango.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11436897].message }}
          • Originally Posted by Dan Riffle View Post

            I think one of us - and I'm not sure which - misinterpreted the other.

            Gonna hold up both hands as a default misinterpretationalist here.
            Signature

            Lightin' fuses is for blowin' stuff together.

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11436900].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
            Originally Posted by Dan Riffle View Post

            I think one of us - and I'm not sure which - misinterpreted the other.
            I wonder how many of us are going to be surprised when Princess confesses that she is actually Don and has been trolling all of us. :-)
            Signature

            "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11436903].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Odahh
              Originally Posted by OptedIn View Post

              I wonder how many of us are going to be surprised when Princess confesses that she is actually Don and has been trolling all of us. :-)
              Princess has raised trolling to an artform no other human can ever hope to .. from the former princess person which just had one trying to guess wrf princess was trying to say .. to the more recent emergence of the new persona .. that seems to be pushing just how "dirty" the context of a post can be without actually using foul language ..

              mastery
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11436915].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
                Originally Posted by Odahh View Post

                mastery
                Yes, on second thought, that's something Don never exhibited, in any way. :-)
                Signature

                "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11436920].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Odahh
                  Originally Posted by OptedIn View Post

                  Yes, on second thought, that's something Don never exhibited, in any way. :-)
                  well we can't talk about what Don actually exhibited when he sent his real pics to people ..i think he is in jail now for sending those to someone under 18 ..
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11436926].message }}
              • Originally Posted by Odahh View Post

                Princess has raised trolling to an artform no other human can ever hope to .. from the former princess person which just had one trying to guess wrf princess was trying to say .. to the more recent emergence of the new persona .. that seems to be pushing just how "dirty" the context of a post can be without actually using foul language ..

                mastery
                Seems the mods ate my dirt-free response to this baby.

                Kinda weird how a creature skulkin' around under the bridge can be shot from offa the parapet -- but that is bcs I ain't no troll.

                Jus' mebbe a little immodest on this occasion.

                What is intrestin' is how FORUM DOLDRUMS? been the most lively post in an age -- seasoned IMers poolin' together with enthoosiasm to voice their lacka enthoosiasm for WF's momentary stutter.

                Discourse in the void.

                Forum.
                Signature

                Lightin' fuses is for blowin' stuff together.

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11437071].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Steve B
                  Originally Posted by Princess Balestra View Post

                  Discourse in the void.



                  Princess, you've correctly defined social media!


                  Steve
                  Signature

                  Steve Browne, online business strategies, tips, guidance, and resources
                  SteveBrowneDirect

                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11437286].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Dan Riffle
              Originally Posted by OptedIn View Post

              I wonder how many of us are going to be surprised when Princess confesses that she is actually Don and has been trolling all of us. :-)
              There's a keen intellect behind Princess's persona. That alone tells me it's not Don.
              Signature

              Yes, I can hear you, Clem Fandango.

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11437151].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
      Originally Posted by Princess Balestra View Post

      to squirtin' sensationalist drivel from orifices unknown
      I can clearly define those for you, if need be.

      EXALT ME AS AN ICON OF HUBRIS FOR A MERE $1000 PER SECOND.
      I have no intention of lowering my rates - or my hubris.

      Optie
      Signature

      "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11436890].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanbiddulph
    I think it is a cycle Steve. Spammers and scammers finally realize they need to work to make money online, to offer something valuable, hit the road, and numbers drop. But a few wave of IMers hop on Warrior eventually, one by one, and the numbers rise.

    I do feel that IM and Warrior are both evolving for the better. I just spend 95% of my time on my blog and on other self-hosted blogs because me and my buddies own these pieces of cyber real estate, and set the rules.
    Signature
    Ryan Biddulph, Blogger, Author, World Traveling Digital Nomad
    If you want to become a full time blogger you can buy my eBook here
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11436934].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
      Originally Posted by ryanbiddulph View Post

      I think it is a cycle Steve. Spammers and scammers finally realize they need to work to make money online, to offer something valuable, hit the road, and numbers drop. But a few wave of IMers hop on Warrior eventually, one by one, and the numbers rise.

      I do feel that IM and Warrior are both evolving for the better. I just spend 95% of my time on my blog and on other self-hosted blogs because me and my buddies own these pieces of cyber real estate, and set the rules.
      Yep, Google recently updated their SEO algorithm, and the Stock market is getting clobbered, so naturally the rubbish bins get emptied.

      There are always opportunities in adversity.

      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11436986].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author youtube star
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11437004].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    Seems the mods ate my dirt-free response to this baby

    That would be me. There were complaints about denigrating/making fun of a particular religious belief - just as there would be if you were promoting the religion. Over the line, PB.



    Other than that - some interesting observations in this thread....
    Signature

    Saving one dog will not change the world - but forever changes the world of one dog.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11437223].message }}
  • Talkin' 'bout keen intellects (an' frankly, Danno, I am razor sharp as a cephalopod's wibbly parts most days, trust me) ... where in hell is Claude?

    No discussion of Forum Doldrums could ever be complete without the spin that comes from ... Circumference Doom.


    Meantime -- thanks, Kay. I see now how that one was potentially kinda offensive.
    Signature

    Lightin' fuses is for blowin' stuff together.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11437224].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dan Riffle
      Originally Posted by Princess Balestra View Post

      an' frankly, Danno, I am razor sharp as a cephalopod's wibbly parts most days, trust me
      There's a cuttlebone joke just waiting to be told, but I ain't making it.
      Signature

      Yes, I can hear you, Clem Fandango.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11437246].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
        Originally Posted by Dan Riffle View Post

        There's a cuttlebone joke just waiting to be told, but I ain't making it.
        Right. Leave the dirty work to Optie. He has no standards. :-(
        Signature

        "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11437276].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
      Originally Posted by Princess Balestra View Post

      Talkin' 'bout keen intellects (an' frankly, Danno, I am razor sharp as a cephalopod's wibbly parts most days, trust me) ... where in hell is Claude?
      Nonsense Princess, unless you do 1000 piece jigsaw puzzles in your mothers basement, (the Swish Alp image, not the dull Whistlers Mothers ones)?

      No discussion of Forum Doldrums could ever be complete without the spin that comes from ... Circumference Doom.
      Yes, l still have the original poster, Claude offered me a whole $2 bill recently, (and mentioned something about embarrassment, and a sacrificial fire) but l told him that a 30 year investment starting from $1 was too good to pass up.

      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11437278].message }}
    • Originally Posted by Princess Balestra View Post

      Talkin' 'bout keen intellects (an' frankly, Danno, I am razor sharp as a cephalopod's wibbly parts most days, trust me) ... where in hell is Claude?

      No discussion of Forum Doldrums could ever be complete without the spin that comes from ... Circumference Doom.
      It's nice to be thought of...nice to be loved.

      Two sensations that Dan Riffle has never felt.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11437801].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Dan Riffle
        Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

        It's nice to be thought of...nice to be loved.

        Two sensations that Dan Riffle has never felt.
        Two sensations you've never felt:

        A mother's love;

        A father's pride.
        Signature

        Yes, I can hear you, Clem Fandango.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11437804].message }}
        • Originally Posted by Dan Riffle View Post

          Two sensations you're never felt:

          A mother's love;

          A father's pride.
          You are wrong. I have felt your mother's love.


          By the way, "you're never felt"?
          Weird, I was sure that I would go senile before you.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11437807].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Dan Riffle
            Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

            By the way, "you're never felt"?
            Weird, I was sure that I would go senile before you.
            Autocorrect is the bane of my existence. Seriously, it's a significantly more competitive adversary than you.
            Signature

            Yes, I can hear you, Clem Fandango.

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11437989].message }}
            • Originally Posted by Dan Riffle View Post

              Autocorrect is the bane of my existence. Seriously, it's a significantly more competitive adversary than you.
              Autocorrect is the bane of your existence because when Autocorrect was invented, it took away your purpose for existence......

              "Correcting benign errors in spelling" has been your family's purpose for the last 400 years.
              And now you are aimless and useless.

              While we're at it......I am not your adversary. I am your owner.

              And I'm truly disappointed that you didn't like my "feeling your mother's love" bit. Seriously, I laughed out loud as I typed it.....partly because the set up was so perfectly matched to it.

              I'm taking you out of my Will.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11438034].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
                Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

                Autocorrect is the bane of your existence because when Autocorrect was invented, it took away your purpose for existence......
                It's too bad that Mother Nature wasn't employing autocorrect when approving your birth.
                Signature

                "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11438058].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Dan Riffle
                Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

                And I'm truly disappointed that you didn't like my "feeling your mother's love" bit. Seriously, I laughed out loud as I typed it.....partly because the set up was so perfectly matched to it.
                You were disappointed in the same way my mother was.
                Signature

                Yes, I can hear you, Clem Fandango.

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11438087].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Odahh
                  Originally Posted by Dan Riffle View Post

                  You were disappointed in the same way my mother was.
                  yeah she didn't thin the guy she loved would want claude to feel him that way
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11438093].message }}
                • Originally Posted by Dan Riffle View Post

                  You were disappointed in the same way my mother was.
                  And I know she was seriously disappointed again...9 months later.


                  Dan; I feel bad that only a few people are going to see these exchanges. Some of these insults are truly inspired...the way your Mother was inspired to get a Hysterectomy right after you were born.
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11438095].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author myob
    It is cyclical. Besides, there is actually much more traffic here than is apparent from what shows by logins. I know many (myself included) who often don't even bother logging in to read posts. The WF has always been not just a source for information and marketing, but (perhaps now more than ever) is also an extremely powerful tool by marketers here for traffic generation and exploitation. For example, forum titles and tags usually show up at the top of search engines almost immediately. A good post can reverberate across the internet into countless channels.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11437327].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
      Originally Posted by myob View Post

      It is cyclical. Besides, there is actually much more traffic here than is apparent from what shows by logins. I know many (myself included) who often don't even bother logging in to read posts. The WF has always been not just a source for information and marketing, but (perhaps now more than ever) is also an extremely powerful tool by marketers here for traffic generation and exploitation. For example, forum titles and tags usually show up at the top of search engines almost immediately. A good post can reverberate across the internet into countless channels.

      Two things. First, it's not cyclical. It's a downward spiral and has been for several years now.

      Second, posts do not show up in Google for anything competitive anymore.
      Signature
      SEO, AdWords Management, Social Media Marketing, and more.
      Get a FREE Quote.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11437345].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author whateverpedia
        Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

        Second, posts do not show up in Google for anything competitive anymore.
        I just checked to see if that was true, and sure enough, you're right.

        WF doesn't rank at all for the highly competitive phrase "cephalopod's wibbly parts".

        I'm not even going to bother checking "vibrator in anus occult tantra knowledge".
        Signature
        VOTE 1 FOR OPTEDIN AS WF MODERATOR - VOTE EARLY, VOTE OFTEN
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11437796].message }}
        • Originally Posted by whateverpedia View Post

          I just checked to see if that was true, and sure enough, you're right.

          WF doesn't rank at all for the highly competitive phrase "cephalopod's wibbly parts".

          I'm not even going to bother checking "vibrator in anus occult tantra knowledge".
          Let us first bypass the kinda bawdiness regularly gets me banned -- despite ima smirkin', lips to back passage, ON A PURELY METAPHORICAL TICKET.

          Thing is, Google is FRICKIN' STOOPID regardin' emergent novelty, far as Moi is concerned.

          Prolly they cool at seachin' stuff ... but FINDIN' is a whole buncha diffrent stuffs.

          Fore'n findin' ... sumthinstuffs gotta get laid.

          Plus also, las' time I had a vibrator in my anus is when my washer spun WAY OUTTA CONTROL an' I WAS FORCED ... bcs I AM A COOL NEIGHBOUR ... to sit myself down on the fkr till I could switch out the power an' soothe evrywan in my buildin' to sleep without

          GRRRRK

          GWAAAAAAK

          THUUUUM THUUUUM THUUUM

          an' all them other washer NOISES.

          Hey, but it is workin' now, an' nowan ain't complainin'.

          Meantime, anywan wantsta smack Google in the chops ... vacuous hole is on Moi.
          Signature

          Lightin' fuses is for blowin' stuff together.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11437800].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author myob
    Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

    Two things. First, it's not cyclical. It's a downward spiral and has been for several years now.
    Admittedly, over the last four years (since new owners took over), the content and overall ranking has taken a crap. The WF is now primarily an advertising platform. With rare exceptions, content is generally lean or just promotional hype.

    However, there is still a residual reputation of perceived value which is easily exploited, particularly in some of the specialized and paid advertising subforums. There seems to be people always viewing in almost every subforum.

    Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

    Second, posts do not show up in Google for anything competitive anymore.
    For new threads, try entering key words in the title and tags. Ranking in Google is actually nearly instantaneous on the Warrior Forum, although it often drops down fairly quickly.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11437803].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kohjihondrade
    People lose interest because of so many reasons. Well I just answered your question and I was able to give my 2 cents. But seriously, aside from "them" being in other forums, other reason I could think of is they lost interest without reason.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11437920].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
      Originally Posted by kohjihondrade View Post

      People lose interest because of so many reasons. Well I just answered your question and I was able to give my 2 cents. But seriously, aside from "them" being in other forums, other reason I could think of is they lost interest without reason.
      Do you mean the like the way I'm losing interest in this thread?
      Signature

      "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11437978].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics