21 replies
  • OFF TOPIC
  • |
I do really worry about what are we doing with all the information we share on the web. It's now completely unsecured time to use internet. Whether you just google something or communicate using the most encrypted email providers or messengers, you have risk to make all of this stolen and then used by Big Brother. I am really annoying to use vpn and proxies each time I want to connect internet. What should we do while web culture is becoming more and more ridiculous each day? How do you protect your privacy in internet? It would be great to read all your opinions.
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
    I can't think of anything I worry about less on a daily basis. Absolutely, nothing!
    Signature

    "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11457183].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
    Agreed, whenever the media get bored they dredge up the "Your Privacy is compromised", or something along similar lines.

    Unless your OS is secure, (nothing is sent to anyone) not sure if proxies will do you any good.

    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11457216].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
      Originally Posted by tagiscom View Post

      Agreed, whenever the media get bored they dredge up the "Your Privacy is compromised", or something along similar lines.
      Everyone's privacy was compromised, long, long ago! These same people who cry crocodile tears about their 'loss of privacy,' manage to spend half their waking hours on social media sites, spilling their guts to the world. lol
      Signature

      "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11457316].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Odahh
    Originally Posted by waitingforday View Post

    I do really worry about what are we doing with all the information we share on the web. It's now completely unsecured time to use internet. Whether you just google something or communicate using the most encrypted email providers or messengers, you have risk to make all of this stolen and then used by Big Brother. I am really annoying to use vpn and proxies each time I want to connect internet. What should we do while web culture is becoming more and more ridiculous each day? How do you protect your privacy in internet? It would be great to read all your opinions.
    my opinion doesn't matter much on this . what are you doing that is so bad you have to worry about big brother coming after you .now or in the future. if it is something your wife , significant other or ..divorce or leave you. or cause you to hide in shame from everyone you know ..

    remember for much of it's history bit coin was used by people to pay for pirated content and child porn and illicit activities ..on the dark web .. to hide from the government .

    here is how i keep things private on the web.. the stuff i don't want people knowing about..i don't talk about on the web or in public .. everything i have put on the web on dozens of different forums under many different screen names on many differnt genras ..in the last 20 years .. is compiled on at least 1000 different databases around the planet .. and because i have a speech pattern ..a good ai can pretty much put together all that it was me typing it..

    I have been aware that this was a possibility in the future almost from the start .

    and there are probably a hundred different files that have a better sense of my personality than i do ..

    so i chose what i talk about .. and instead of hiding what i am saying .. i avoid looking like a threat .. because that is what big brother is looking for .. your threat level
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11457329].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Daniel Evans
    Originally Posted by waitingforday View Post

    Whether you just google something...

    Big Brother.

    'Search' something.


    To adopt a brand name as part of a language is to establish Big Brother.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11457337].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author lanfear63
      Originally Posted by Daniel Evans View Post

      'Search' something.


      To adopt a brand name as part of a language is to establish Big Brother.
      Big Brother as an expression was used years before a lousy TV reality show used it.
      Signature

      Where ever you go, there you are.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11457581].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Daniel Evans
        Originally Posted by lanfear63 View Post

        Big Brother as an expression was used years before a lousy TV reality show used it.
        I think you've mistook, the brand name I refer to as 'Big Brother' - The show.

        The point was that companies such as 'Google' (the brand name), have their heels dug firmly in, if they have managed to reorchestrate language to associate an action (searching on the Internet) as a brand name - 'Google it / Googling it'.

        Naturally, social conformism has always been alive and kicking in different demographics - even before it was assigned a funky label in Orwells 1984.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11457607].message }}
  • tbh evry time I slip off my panties an' sneaksy my poor sweet ass off to sleep evry night, it is like I wish for nuthin' more than zero eyeballs squirmin' all over my flesh.

    Sweetest kinda privacy is so unexistible it is no wonder why it don't actschwlly persist as a pre-emptively inevitable kinda swattable freedom.

    Mebbe I should offer my bared buttocks up to a Cosmos promises Emily Dickinson anthologies gowin' THWAP THWAP THWAP from outta noplace till my smile's curvature defies all figurable math.

    Alternatively -- whereinno betwixt eyeball an' horizon does anywan wanna be bummed the f*ck out?
    Signature

    Lightin' fuses is for blowin' stuff together.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11457338].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
    Originally Posted by OptedIn View Post

    Everyone's privacy was compromised, long, long ago! These same people who cry crocodile tears about their 'loss of privacy,' manage to spend half their waking hours on social media sites, spilling their guts to the world. lol
    True, but l am talking more along the lines of a g....department accidentally throws a pile of paper into the bin, along with a half eaten torito, and the next day after a pack of starving dogs gets to it, a thousand odd peoples personal details are across the street.

    Then the media gives a song and dance about how a few bored drunks, and the odd school kid, can see your street address, associated with a tax file exemption.

    Hyping trivia is all too common in our society, free to air tries to do it regularly, but we are all so bored s****less that we don't really care anymore.

    I saw an ad for a cooking show recently and they crapped on about "this is our life" and "our lives depend on winning whatever" blah, blah. It sounded like a duel to the death, but ended up being a stupid cooking show.

    About as bad as one of many talent, (hate to use that word) shows. "I love to do this, so have to win it", (usually in tears) even thought l am total crap, but my Mother thinks otherwise.

    Ok, sorry about the rant, going to see First Man tonight at IMAX, (4k res, and full screen for the important stuff) so that should help.

    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11457364].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Odahh
      Originally Posted by tagiscom View Post

      True, but l am talking more along the lines of a g....department accidentally throws a pile of paper into the bin, along with a half eaten torito, and the next day after a pack of starving dogs gets to it, a thousand odd peoples personal details are across the street.




      in the past 100 years .. anytime there has been a big brother type government the privacy people worry about ..friends and family or wives and husband reported to the government on other behavior.. or wen needed just made stuff up.. so many just ended up in graves . to keep everyone else in line .

      people get drunk or through some lapse in judgement say some stupid crap on twitter and or other social media.. and have their carriers ruined .. not from anything the government does ..

      or they leave their Facebook account open and their friend posts something nasty..or their lover finds out about an affair ..

      the times we live in just accept that people can find out about pretty much everything you do

      also instead of trying to sneak around and not get found out.. expect that people can easily get their hands on your information and do damage ..so its better to work to keep yourself safe from hackers and pick pockets.. than big brother
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11457577].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jeffery
      Originally Posted by tagiscom View Post

      True, but l am talking more along the lines of a g....department accidentally throws a pile of paper into the bin, along with a half eaten torito, and the next day after a pack of starving dogs gets to it, a thousand odd peoples personal details are across the street.

      Not if I get to it first! Well, since they are starving I might share a ltttle. Are any of them cute?


      Originally Posted by tagiscom View Post

      Then the media gives a song and dance about how a few bored drunks, and the odd school kid, can see your street address, associated with a tax file exemption.

      Have you seen some of them? Easy to look at!


      Originally Posted by tagiscom View Post

      Hyping trivia is all too common in our society, free to air tries to do it regularly, but we are all so bored s****less that we don't really care anymore.

      There are worse things if life. Ever heard of STD?


      Originally Posted by tagiscom View Post

      I saw an ad for a cooking show recently and they crapped on about "this is our life" and "our lives depend on winning whatever" blah, blah. It sounded like a duel to the death, but ended up being a stupid cooking show.

      Really? Sorry you had to go through that. This may help..
      The Hottest Women of Food Network / Cooking Channel


      About as bad as one of many talent, (hate to use that word) shows. "I love to do this, so have to win it", (usually in tears) even thought l am total crap, but my Mother thinks otherwise.

      Ok, sorry about the rant, going to see First Man tonight at IMAX, (4k res, and full screen for the important stuff) so that should help.

      [/QUOTE]
      Signature
      A full Life Feels Good
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11457921].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
        Originally Posted by Jeffery View Post

        Not if I get to it first! Well, since they are starving I might share a ltttle. Are any of them cute?
        Not if it is in Ohio.

        There are worse things if life. Ever heard of STD?
        Yere, but l still watch it, (Star TRek Discovery).


        Really? Sorry you had to go through that. This may help..
        The Hottest Women of Food Network / Cooking Channel
        Arr, no!

        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11458068].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Jeffery
          Originally Posted by tagiscom View Post

          Yere, but l still watch it, (Star TRek Discovery).

          Love that show and can't wait for the next season. Until then I'm thinking about reruns of Battlestar Galactica. Don't tell Frank though.. he'll want pics of the "runs"
          Signature
          A full Life Feels Good
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11458080].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
            Originally Posted by Jeffery View Post

            Love that show and can't wait for the next season. Until then I'm thinking about reruns of Battlestar Galactica. Don't tell Frank though.. he'll want pics of the "runs"
            Yes, if they ever finish it???

            Battlestar, pffft, hmmm ok, the modern version did have a warming feeling, with the last of the humans trying to find Earth while the Cylons were picking them off. Figging Cylons, lol.

            Me myself l will stay with Star Gate Atlantis, l know energy sucking zombies are a bit on the negative side, but it is either that or Lost in Space reruns again.

            Oh, the pain.

            Certainly better than Little Big Shots Part 2, or The Secret Life of 4 Year olds, (adults obviously scripting childrens replys, or is it the other way around).

            Signature

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11458197].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DURABLEOILCOM
    Use Bitdefender the best Antivirus Security software and VPN service. Set it up and forget it
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11457447].message }}
  • Worrying is a choice. You can never be happy if you choose to worry. When you find yourself thinking about web security, or anything that worries you, find another happier thought. People who worry about getting sick are in poor health.

    Yes, it is a choice.
    Signature
    Don't let Internet Marketing overwhelm you... let's take the journey together! Build Money Machines!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11457579].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
      Originally Posted by Highest And Best View Post

      People who worry about getting sick are in poor health.
      Seriously? You can be in the best of health and worry about getting sick, Unless you live a life where you're never exposed to people that are suffering with severe illness, it makes perfect sense to worry about getting sick. THAT'S the motivation to work to stay healthy. lol

      Such Pollyanna.
      Signature

      "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11457591].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
    Originally Posted by Odahh View Post

    in the past 100 years .. anytime there has been a big brother type government the privacy people worry about ..friends and family or wives and husband reported to the government on other behavior.. or wen needed just made stuff up.. so many just ended up in graves . to keep everyone else in line .

    people get drunk or through some lapse in judgement say some stupid crap on twitter and or other social media.. and have their carriers ruined .. not from anything the government does ..

    or they leave their Facebook account open and their friend posts something nasty..or their lover finds out about an affair ..

    the times we live in just accept that people can find out about pretty much everything you do

    also instead of trying to sneak around and not get found out.. expect that people can easily get their hands on your information and do damage ..so its better to work to keep yourself safe from hackers and pick pockets.. than big brother
    True, but our mob is currently trying to push legislation through to allow spying of ALL encrypted phone conversations, before Christmas.

    Great to protect us against terrorist plans, but it sucks if you are into something that is buried and shouldn't be buried, (developing a quality tv station being one).

    Big brother doesn't know everything, that all depends on your OS, and settings, but put something online and it is possible.

    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11457616].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author whateverpedia
      Originally Posted by tagiscom View Post

      Great to protect us against terrorist plans,
      Utterly irrelevant in preventing terrorist plans that involve mass casualties, and completely useless in preventing lone wolf type attacks.

      Existing laws are more than adequate at preventing mass terrorist events, as has been the case(s) so far. Sadly, there is nothing that can prevent a lone wolf attack.

      It's just a power grab by an out of touch, on the nose government who will use it against their perceived enemies such as protesting school children and the likes.
      Signature
      Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11457664].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Odahh
        Originally Posted by whateverpedia View Post

        Utterly irrelevant in preventing terrorist plans that involve mass casualties, and completely useless in preventing lone wolf type attacks.

        Existing laws are more than adequate at preventing mass terrorist events, as has been the case(s) so far. Sadly, there is nothing that can prevent a lone wolf attack.

        It's just a power grab by an out of touch, on the nose government who will use it against their perceived enemies such as protesting school children and the likes.
        so they can track those school children phones to protect them from harm..and if the school children send each other nude selfies ..arrest those children and tag them with sex offender felonies for the rest of their lives and maybe put them in prison for 10 20 or 30 years ..

        all in the name of keeping them safe

        I saw how this cult of safety thing work and the terrorism thing worked .. when they used it to clear the strip of as many street performers as they could.. they started well before the guy shot up the concert with 25 ar15 in Oct 2017 .. but used that as more reason to go after the street performers left

        much of this is to protect or pad very well connect corporations earning

        the Us government and those that followed along ran out of freedoms they could take away in the war on drugs ..and the war on terrorism popped up and allowed the governments of the world to take away or impinge on new freedoms that the internet and tech revolution made possible..

        wait until the governments figure out how to filter out hate speech or make a war on that.. and figure out how to take more freedoms away .. with a fluid definition of hate speech
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11457887].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brent Stangel
    I heard about "privacy" once, a long time ago. I think it's a myth.

    Brent
    Signature
    Join Thousands of Entrepreneurs and Start Your Profitable and Sustainable Business Today!

    The Leveraged Affiliate System is more than a business-in-a-box, it's a proven solution for you to earn a solid and recurring income in one of the best niches by promoting a high-demand product offered at an irresistible price.

    Watch The Video Right Now! >>>
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11457833].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics