The world's most powerful MRI machine

48 replies
  • OFF TOPIC
  • |
BBC - Future - The world's most powerful MRI machine

Video plays after, .....ad.

The magnet is more powerful than the ones used in Cern, and can lift 60 tonnes, and its affects on us is unknown.

So we risk this thing screwing us up long term, to advance medical science?

Unfortunately nothing new, in medicine.

Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Odahh
    Originally Posted by tagiscom View Post

    BBC - Future - The world's most powerful MRI machine

    Video plays after, .....ad.

    The magnet is more powerful than the ones used in Cern, and can lift 60 tonnes, and its affects on us is unknown.

    So we risk this thing screwing us up long term, to advance medical science?

    Unfortunately nothing new, in medicine.

    well considering the first people going in will probably already have nuro degenerative diseases ...i doubt this will actually hurt anyone unless they have hidden microchip implants that get ripped out of their bodies from the magnetic field

    you are so anti tech i am surprised you ever got online
    Signature

    "I just wanted a good job ,but i could not find a good job, So i do it myself"-Jack Ma

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11464841].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
      Originally Posted by Odahh View Post

      you are so anti tech i am surprised you ever got online
      How else could he piss and moan about all the future impending doom. Smoke signals???

      AU is not a very forward thinking country, as a whole. Do you know that when a chunk of Skylab crashed in the Outback, the AU government sent NASA a $400 ticket for littering?

      Look it up. lol
      Signature

      "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11464880].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Odahh
        Originally Posted by OptedIn View Post

        How else could he piss and moan about all the future impending doom. Smoke signals???

        AU is not a very forward thinking country, as a whole. Do you know that when a chunk of Skylab crashed in the Outback, the AU government sent NASA a $400 ticket for littering?

        Look it up. lol
        i have a mixed view ..i think the tech will work just fine ..it will just allow hummans to do a range of dumber and smarter stuf that was not available before.. but the dumb stuff just replaces the dub stuf people are doing now ..
        Signature

        "I just wanted a good job ,but i could not find a good job, So i do it myself"-Jack Ma

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11464888].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author whateverpedia
        Originally Posted by OptedIn View Post

        AU is not a very forward thinking country, as a whole.
        We used to be world leaders. Here's some of the things the world can think Australia for:

        The first jurisdiction to mandate an 8 hour working day/40 hour week;
        Secret ballot voting at elections (still referred to in some parts of the world as the Australian system);
        The first jurisdiction to allow women to vote (South Australia state elections);
        The BlackBox in planes;
        WiFi,
        and more.
        Signature
        Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon.
        It'll just knock over all the pieces, poop on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11464983].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author lanfear63
          Originally Posted by whateverpedia View Post

          We used to be world leaders. Here's some of the things the world can think Australia for:

          The first jurisdiction to mandate an 8 hour working day/40 hour week;
          Secret ballot voting at elections (still referred to in some parts of the world as the Australian system);
          The first jurisdiction to allow women to vote (South Australia state elections);
          The BlackBox in planes;
          WiFi,
          and more.
          More.. Not so good ones...

          Fosters Lager
          Vegemite
          Tagiscom
          Paul Hogan
          Skippy The Bush Kangaroo
          The Flying Doctor
          Neighbours
          Home & Away
          The Whatty's
          Kyle Minogue & Jason Donovan
          The Didgeridoo
          Brisbane
          Drop Bears

          And More...

          Photo changed due to divorce
          Signature

          Where ever you go, there you are.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11465016].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author whateverpedia
            Originally Posted by lanfear63 View Post

            More.. Not so good ones...

            Fosters Lager - Actually brewed/manufactured in the UK. No-one here drinks it
            Vegemite - Marmite anyone? Both of them disgusting substances.
            Tagiscom - No comment
            Paul Hogan - as opposed to Jimmy Saville? Don't bother mentioning Rolf Harris either. He's been a UK resident for almost as long as I've been alive.
            Skippy The Bush Kangaroo - you're showing your age.
            The Flying Doctor - if you're referring to the TV show, agreed, if the actual Royal Flying Doctor service, thoroughly disagree
            Neighbours - only watched in the UK, which says more about the UK than it does about Australia
            Home & Away - see Neighbours
            The Whatty's - them's fighting words boyo
            Kyle Minogue & Jason Donovan - only popular in the UK, which says more about that place than it does about Australia
            The Didgeridoo - let me think about that one
            Brisbane - on this we are in furious agreement. You might also add the entire state of Queensland (the Aussie equivalent of Alabama)
            Drop Bears - Loch Ness Monster anyone?
            Obligatory text to enable post.
            Signature
            Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon.
            It'll just knock over all the pieces, poop on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11465095].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
          Originally Posted by whateverpedia View Post

          We used to be world leaders.
          I used to be reasonably intelligent. What's your point???
          Signature

          "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11465168].message }}
        • Originally Posted by whateverpedia View Post

          We used to be world leaders. Here's some of the things the world can think Australia for:

          The first jurisdiction to mandate an 8 hour working day/40 hour week;
          Secret ballot voting at elections (still referred to in some parts of the world as the Australian system);
          The first jurisdiction to allow women to vote (South Australia state elections);
          The BlackBox in planes;
          WiFi,
          and more.

          No Marvel superheroes came out of Australia.

          And that is why you'll never conquer Merica, Bub.

          Of course, there are plenty of actors from Australia...taking jobs away from good old American actors.

          I can see Australia from my back door. Watch yourself.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11465173].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author whateverpedia
            Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

            I can see Australia from my back door.
            That's interesting given that you talk out of your back passage.
            Signature
            Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon.
            It'll just knock over all the pieces, poop on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11465175].message }}
            • Originally Posted by whateverpedia View Post

              That's interesting given that you talk out of your back passage.
              I don't get it. Which means it's a stupid insult.

              Stupid, stupid, stupid. And to combat your stupidity, we have decided to fight fire with fire.

              Only I have the best words, Only I can fix this. I know more about ISIS than the generals, believe me. i'm, like real smart. I have a big brain. I'm a very stable genius. SAD!
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11465188].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author lanfear63
                Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

                I don't get it. Which means it's a stupid insult.

                Stupid, stupid, stupid. And to combat your stupidity, we have decided to fight fire with fire.

                Only I have the best words, Only I can fix this. I know more about ISIS than the generals, believe me. i'm, like real smart. I have a big brain. I'm a very stable genius. SAD!
                I thought, well he has a big head, could he have a big (presidential) brain? So I ran my portable Drone mounted MRI Scanner over your location. It detected water. And you know what that means..life..but not as we know it.
                Signature

                Where ever you go, there you are.

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11465197].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author whateverpedia
                Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

                I don't get it.
                I've heard you get it several times a night at the Wooster Men's Bathhouse, Sauna and Feather Boa Emporium.

                Claude In The Barrel night is one of the most popular events there. So I was told by a garden gnome who wishes to remain anonymous.
                Signature
                Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon.
                It'll just knock over all the pieces, poop on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11465200].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
            Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

            No Marvel superheroes came out of Australia.

            And that is why you'll never conquer Merica, Bub.

            Of course, there are plenty of actors from Australia...taking jobs away from good old American actors.

            I can see Australia from my back door. Watch yourself.


            Australia has no superhero's, l knew that there was another one.

            Signature
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11465179].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jeffery
    It has been in the works since 2006. Hillary Clinton must be in charge.
    Signature

    Entrepreneurs starting out and small businesses without giant staffs and budgets.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11464897].message }}
  • Originally Posted by tagiscom View Post

    BBC - Future - The world's most powerful MRI machine

    Video plays after, .....ad.

    The magnet is more powerful than the ones used in Cern, and can lift 60 tonnes, and its affects on us is unknown.

    So we risk this thing screwing us up long term, to advance medical science?

    Unfortunately nothing new, in medicine.


    Well, magnets don't hurt us. Even the minuscule amount of iron in our blood is trapped in the molecules. Like hydrogen is trapped in water.

    The effect is known. Unless it drops 60 tons on our head, we'll be OK.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11464907].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lanfear63
    Originally Posted by tagiscom View Post

    BBC - Future - The world's most powerful MRI machine

    Video plays after, .....ad.

    The magnet is more powerful than the ones used in Cern, and can lift 60 tonnes, and its affects on us is unknown.

    So we risk this thing screwing us up long term, to advance medical science?

    Unfortunately nothing new, in medicine.

    So even that could not pick up Claude
    Signature

    Where ever you go, there you are.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11464922].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Odahh
      Originally Posted by lanfear63 View Post

      So even that could not pick up Claude
      he is full of hot air not any magnetic metal
      Signature

      "I just wanted a good job ,but i could not find a good job, So i do it myself"-Jack Ma

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11464927].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author lanfear63
        Originally Posted by Odahh View Post

        he is full of hot air not any magnetic metal
        Claude is so big he has a magnetic north and south pole

        No plane will ever fly directly overhead
        Signature

        Where ever you go, there you are.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11464933].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kurt
    Originally Posted by tagiscom View Post

    BBC - Future - The world's most powerful MRI machine

    Video plays after, .....ad.

    The magnet is more powerful than the ones used in Cern, and can lift 60 tonnes, and its affects on us is unknown.

    So we risk this thing screwing us up long term, to advance medical science?

    Unfortunately nothing new, in medicine.

    It would be really interesting to see the affect this would have on the metal plate in Claude's skull.
    Signature
    Serious about Print on Demand? Discover how YOU can join my FREE exclusive secret alliance
    Plus how to get my Print on Demand Treasure Maps for FREE
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11464934].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
    Originally Posted by Odahh View Post

    well considering the first people going in will probably already have nuro degenerative diseases ...i doubt this will actually hurt anyone unless they have hidden microchip implants that get ripped out of their bodies from the magnetic field

    you are so anti tech i am surprised you ever got online
    Let's hope so. And l am not anti-tech, just very suspicious of anything to do with medicine.

    Originally Posted by OptedIn View Post

    How else could he piss and moan about all the future impending doom. Smoke signals???

    Look it up. lol
    Lol, impending doom, no that is your department.

    Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

    Well, magnets don't hurt us. Even the minuscule amount of iron in our blood is trapped in the molecules. Like hydrogen is trapped in water.

    The effect is known. Unless it drops 60 tons on our head, we'll be OK.
    Ooook.

    Originally Posted by lanfear63 View Post

    So even that could not pick up Claude
    Can,t defy the laws of physics.

    Originally Posted by Kurt View Post

    It would be really interesting to see the affect this would have on the metal plate in Claude's skull.
    True.

    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11464959].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Odahh
      Originally Posted by tagiscom View Post

      Let's hope so. And l am not anti-tech, just very suspicious of anything to do with medicine.



      Lol, impending doom, no that is your department.



      True.

      i know you have an impeccable record ..but do you actually read your posts ..robots and skynet will eventually kill us all. you would never own a smart phone.. you believe automated cars and other automated stuff will just not work and be abandoned ..have no grasp of the development curve of solar it seems ..refer to bitcoins as shares ..

      hey I have my views i put here but i at least understand the view i have that i am trying to get across ..

      you honestly think you don't sound like a neo Luddite or at least someone who only sees the negative or scary potential developments of it seem all tech ..

      I'm just odd.. so i see the range of how humans have put technologies to use in the past..and more resently..so i will see both good and bad potentials ..

      that is of course unless the development of AI and robotics is really do to some Alien or Alien AI intelligence ..that is slowly taking The Planet over by convincing Humans we are developing the Tech and then handing more and more vital functions over to Advanced Ais .. With an eventual prospect of humans integrating with them to interface better ..

      a Slow Plot that turns billions of humanoids into cyborgs connect to Supper intelligent Ai computers over 100 years without military domination ..

      Thats the sign of intelligence .. not primate domination by brute force ..

      Ok read that but treat it like it wasn't written.. I don't want the Alians comming after me for exposing their secret plot
      Signature

      "I just wanted a good job ,but i could not find a good job, So i do it myself"-Jack Ma

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11465250].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
    Originally Posted by lanfear63 View Post

    More.. Not so good ones...

    Fosters Lager
    Vegemite
    Tagiscom
    Paul Hogan
    Skippy The Bush Kangaroo
    The Flying Doctor
    Neighbours
    Home & Away
    The Whatty's
    Kyle Minogue & Jason Donovan
    The Didgeridoo
    Brisbane
    Drop Bears

    And More...

    Photo changed due to divorce



    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11465100].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kurt
    The two best things about Australia: Elle MacPherson.
    Signature
    Serious about Print on Demand? Discover how YOU can join my FREE exclusive secret alliance
    Plus how to get my Print on Demand Treasure Maps for FREE
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11465156].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
      Originally Posted by Kurt View Post

      The two best things about Australia: Elle MacPherson.
      I thought that you where going to say, our two best assets.



      Disclaimer, this remark that could be construed as sexist, and racist and ummm, probably Pro-Vegan, (we can't use Dead Horse anymore and have to use, skinning a potato) is in no way referring to Elle Mc,...which is past it, and is too tall, and needs to stop having a bucket of water, filtered through 1000 pebbles, blessed by a Buddhist Monk, is,....what was l saying, never mind. But if she shows up on a commercial, pushing her latest range of Fly Sprays, l won't bother.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11465167].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
    Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

    I don't get it. Which means it's a stupid insult.

    Stupid, stupid, stupid. And to combat your stupidity, we have decided to fight fire with fire.

    Only I have the best words, Only I can fix this. I know more about ISIS than the generals, believe me. i'm, like real smart. I have a big brain. I'm a very stable genius. SAD!
    You are on Santa's naughty list, and this close to Xmas sigh.

    Originally Posted by lanfear63 View Post

    I thought, well he has a big head, could he have a big (presidential) brain? So I ran my portable Drone mounted MRI Scanner over your location. It detected water. And you know what that means..life..but not as we know it.
    Come in peace, shoot to kill.

    Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

    I wish he would remain anonymous.

    And....I don't hear much at the bathhouse. I spent most of my time underwater.
    True, jumbo sized toilets have a duel purpose.

    Originally Posted by Odahh View Post

    i know you have an impeccable record ..but do you actually read your posts ..robots and skynet will eventually kill us all. you would never own a smart phone.. you believe automated cars and other automated stuff will just not work and be abandoned ..have no grasp of the development curve of solar it seems ..refer to bitcoins as shares ..

    hey I have my views i put here but i at least understand the view i have that i am trying to get across ..

    you honestly think you don't sound like a neo Luddite or at least someone who only sees the negative or scary potential developments of it seem all tech ..

    Ok read that but treat it like it wasn't written.. I don't want the Alians comming after me for exposing their secret plot
    True, l know knocking this would get some flack and l agree this is revolutionary in the level of detail, but l always have a nagging suspicion that some cheap, quick and easy option is available.

    And l am sure that we will find a 100% cure for Cancer, but you will have to sell everything to get it.

    I don't think that drones will take over like in Terminator, since they would need a nuclear reactor for the power to be viable.

    Driverless cars will be good for drunks and other deadbeats, but scientists are putting safety ahead of advancement, and when driverless cars are presold, then legislation will need to be bought in.

    Solar, lol, when the sun goes down, it is useless. I recently read that in Germany even greenies are seeing no benefits with their solar panels and Tesla battery in their houses when it run's out of puff, (Germany doesn't get much sunlight).

    It helps but it is not the answer.

    And l don't refer to bitcoins are shares, anymore, junk is the word l would use now.

    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11465272].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author whateverpedia
      Originally Posted by tagiscom View Post

      I don't think that drones will take over like in Terminator, since they would need a nuclear reactor for the power to be viable.
      How exactly would the power get from the reactor to the drone? Ultra-long extension cord? Telepathy? Smoke signals? Semaphore?
      Signature
      Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon.
      It'll just knock over all the pieces, poop on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11465276].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
        Originally Posted by whateverpedia View Post

        How exactly would the power get from the reactor to the drone? Ultra-long extension cord? Telepathy? Smoke signals? Semaphore?
        https://www.technologyreview.com/s/4...-mars-mission/

        Might be a weight to scale issue, or limits to how small it could be, but a drone could stay airborne for a year or more, (barring tech, issues) instead of 25 minutes on batterys.

        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11465288].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Odahh
      Originally Posted by tagiscom View Post

      Y

      And l am sure that we will find a 100% cure for Cancer, but you will have to sell everything to get it.

      I don't think that drones will take over like in Terminator, since they would need a nuclear reactor for the power to be viable.

      Driverless cars will be good for drunks and other deadbeats, but scientists are putting safety ahead of advancement, and when driverless cars are presold, then legislation will need to be bought in.

      Solar, lol, when the sun goes down, it is useless. I recently read that in Germany even greenies are seeing no benefits with their solar panels and Tesla battery in their houses when it run's out of puff, (Germany doesn't get much sunlight).

      It helps but it is not the answer.

      And l don't refer to bitcoins are shares, anymore, junk is the word l would use now.

      ok you understand there a large number of different types of cancers that effect different parts or organs of the body.. which is why one cure for cancer probably would not work for all cancers . and with advancing tech and better understanding of diet and genetic risks.. there will be more options for prevention , and or very early detection with much less evasive treatments .

      safety ahead of advancement.. driver less cars are an advancement and it one tech that the legislation will effect how fast it gets adapted .. it will be good for a whole range of people .. poorer people who won't need to own their own cars ..or depend on time consuming unreliable and dangerous public transport systems

      when i build my house in Hawaii in a few years with a Tesla solar roof and battery system i will have a back up generator for the cloudy days or stormy weather ..andi have read the recent breakthrough will make fusion reactors viable in 10-15 years .. but there are options now ..

      I don't see the terminator sky net thing as a real possibility ..the idea that ai will wipe us out comes from the idea that humans must have wiped out all the predecessor species to homo sapiens .. which happened over a periods of 100,000 150,000 years and there are several choke point or point where humans almost went extinct to .. .

      it is technology.. if we a group of human chose to make it real good at killing humans and release it out to do such a thing.. thats the only real way robots will turn and kill us all
      Signature

      "I just wanted a good job ,but i could not find a good job, So i do it myself"-Jack Ma

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11465458].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
        Originally Posted by Odahh View Post

        ok you understand there a large number of different types of cancers that effect different parts or organs of the body.. which is why one cure for cancer probably would not work for all cancers . and with advancing tech and better understanding of diet and genetic risks.. there will be more options for prevention , and or very early detection with much less evasive treatments .
        Ok, several 100% cures for cancer that cost at least $250k up to a million a year. So unless you rob a bank or sell your house, car and anything else you own, or the gov, coughs up you can't get it.

        when i build my house in Hawaii in a few years with a Tesla solar roof and battery system i will have a back up generator for the cloudy days or stormy weather ..andi have read the recent breakthrough will make fusion reactors viable in 10-15 years .. but there are options now ..
        Yes, fussion, good that they figured out a way to disperse the heat, but still the research is centralized, profit driven.


        Most things these days are driven purely by profit, and peoples lives, bank accounts and access to cheap, affordable, Reliable power is second.

        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11465488].message }}
        • Originally Posted by tagiscom View Post

          Ok, several 100% cures for cancer that cost at least $250k up to a million a year. So unless you rob a bank or sell your house, car and anything else you own, or the gov, coughs up you can't get it.
          If there are 100% cures for cancer that cost at least $250,000 (a figure you just made up), why are there billionaires that still die from cancer?

          And based on your post, the government is somehow controlling who gets this cure? Or is it that they are controlling the money?

          And if it's a cure for cancer, why are they paying every year?

          When you make shit like this up, you should cover all your bases.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11465686].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author lanfear63
            Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

            If there are 100% cures for cancer that cost at least $250,000 (a figure you just made up), why are there billionaires that still die from cancer?

            And based on your post, the government is somehow controlling who gets this cure? Or is it that they are controlling the money?

            And if it's a cure for cancer, why are they paying every year?

            When you make shit like this up, you should cover all your bases.
            Billionaires got that way by not spending their money. Even at the expense of their health. How you did not know that leaves me...well..speechless
            Signature

            Where ever you go, there you are.

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11465689].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author whateverpedia
        Originally Posted by Odahh View Post

        andi have read the recent breakthrough will make fusion reactors viable in 10-15 years
        Fusion has been "10-15 years away" for the last 70 years.
        Signature
        Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon.
        It'll just knock over all the pieces, poop on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11465645].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author lanfear63
          Originally Posted by whateverpedia View Post

          Fusion has been "10-15 years away" for the last 70 years.
          They are building a fusion generating plant on the continent. They think they can hold the process in place with a containment field. You would only need to do short controlled bursts to generate a lot of energy. Worth pursuing as no radioactive pollution such as Fission is plagued with.

          Claude's demise was said to be only 10 to 15 years away for a long time. We are now a lot more hopeful on that one too.
          Signature

          Where ever you go, there you are.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11465677].message }}
    • Originally Posted by tagiscom View Post


      I don't think that drones will take over like in Terminator, since they would need a nuclear reactor for the power to be viable.
      Drones won't take over because they are drones, not living beings. They are mechanical.

      It's like saying that cars will take over.

      Of course, I did see the Autobot documentary this Sunday, Bumblebee. So that proves it's possible.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11465687].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author lanfear63
        Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

        Drones won't take over because they are drones, not living beings. They are mechanical.

        It's like saying that cars will take over.

        Of course, I did see the Autobot documentary this Sunday, Bumblebee. So that proves it's possible.
        Oh, so Bumblebee was a documentary? I thought it was a Transformers clone. Is this a trend I ask myself, Superman the psychopath and now this Transformers parody.

        I predict that you went to see Aquaman but it was full. I would bet on it.
        Signature

        Where ever you go, there you are.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11465688].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
    Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

    If there are 100% cures for cancer that cost at least $250,000 (a figure you just made up), why are there billionaires that still die from cancer?

    And based on your post, the government is somehow controlling who gets this cure? Or is it that they are controlling the money?

    And if it's a cure for cancer, why are they paying every year?

    When you make shit like this up, you should cover all your bases.
    I don't make it up, Cancer treatments that help or cure to a high degree are very expensive, typically ranging from 8k a month up to over a million a year, (that isn't made up).

    So 100% cure for one or all Cancers, would have a hideously high price tag, since you either trust the medical profession and the price tag, or possibly risk dying!

    And if a cheaper way is found, it won't be found.

    Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

    Drones won't take over because they are drones, not living beings. They are mechanical.

    It's like saying that cars will take over.

    Of course, I did see the Autobot documentary this Sunday, Bumblebee. So that proves it's possible.
    Geesh, Claude Xmas eve, and the Naughty list is getting a workout. The Terminator one was hypothetical, but even if it could be possible them dropping every 30 minutes is pretty useless.

    Bumblebee, lol, a Transformer rehash, comedy for the holiday season, (not on my list).

    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11465695].message }}
    • Originally Posted by tagiscom View Post

      I don't make it up, Cancer treatments that help or cure to a high degree are very expensive, typically ranging from 8k a month up to over a million a year, (that isn't made up).

      So 100% cure for one or all Cancers, would have a hideously high price tag, since you either trust the medical profession and the price tag, or possibly risk dying!

      And if a cheaper way is found, it won't be found.
      You said that there were several 100% cures for cancer, and that they cost between $250,000 and a million dollars a year.

      Here; "Ok, several 100% cures for cancer that cost at least $250k up to a million a year."
      You seem to change what you said when you get called out on it.

      I searched several medical websites and found no "100% cures" and no treatments that cost anywhere near a million a year.

      Could you cite the source?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11465709].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author lanfear63
        Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

        You said that there were several 100% cures for cancer, and that they cost between $250,000 and a million dollars a year.

        Here; "Ok, several 100% cures for cancer that cost at least $250k up to a million a year."
        You seem to change what you said when you get called out on it.

        I searched several medical websites and found no "100% cures" and no treatments that cost anywhere near a million a year.

        Could you cite the source?
        I pay $250.000 a year to someone who emailed me from Nigeria and I'm 100% cancer free..what more proof do you need?
        Signature

        Where ever you go, there you are.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11465721].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DWolfe
      Originally Posted by tagiscom View Post

      I don't make it up, Cancer treatments that help or cure to a high degree are very expensive, typically ranging from 8k a month up to over a million a year, (that isn't made up).

      So 100% cure for one or all Cancers, would have a hideously high price tag, since you either trust the medical profession and the price tag, or possibly risk dying!

      So let me get this straight Steve Jobs was to cheap to spend his money to pay for the cure......Good Grief Charlie Brown oops I ment Shane .
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11465751].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author lanfear63
        Originally Posted by DWolfe View Post

        So let me get this straight Steve Jobs was to cheap to spend his money to pay for the cure......Good Grief Charlie Brown oops I ment Shane .
        Steve jobs was a convert to using diet and alt remedies to control and cure his condition. He was offered a conventional medical procedure very early on that would have fixed it, but he turned it down. Not everything alt works, especially for what he had.

        He could have been alive today and stopped the Apple rot.
        Signature

        Where ever you go, there you are.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11465766].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Odahh
      Originally Posted by tagiscom View Post

      I don't make it up, Cancer treatments that help or cure to a high degree are very expensive, typically ranging from 8k a month up to over a million a year, (that isn't made up).

      So 100% cure for one or all Cancers, would have a hideously high price tag, since you either trust the medical profession and the price tag, or possibly risk dying!

      And if a cheaper way is found, it won't be found.



      because there are so many different types of cancers and lifestyle choice..the way someone eats , and other sources of toxins ..polution etc..

      there is no 100 percent cure for cancer and with more and more pollution it is getting more and more likely people will get cancer ..

      i don't see where you think one source has a cure for all cancers .. i guess it is the same group that is hiding or suppressing free energy .. and proof of aliens ..
      Signature

      "I just wanted a good job ,but i could not find a good job, So i do it myself"-Jack Ma

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11465752].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
    Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

    You said that there were several 100% cures for cancer, and that they cost between $250,000 and a million dollars a year.

    Here; "Ok, several 100% cures for cancer that cost at least $250k up to a million a year."
    You seem to change what you said when you get called out on it.

    I searched several medical websites and found no "100% cures" and no treatments that cost anywhere near a million a year.

    Could you cite the source?
    Originally Posted by DWolfe View Post

    So let me get this straight Steve Jobs was to cheap to spend his money to pay for the cure......Good Grief Charlie Brown oops I ment Shane .
    Originally Posted by Odahh View Post

    because there are so many different types of cancers and lifestyle choice..the way someone eats , and other sources of toxins ..polution etc..

    there is no 100 percent cure for cancer and with more and more pollution it is getting more and more likely people will get cancer ..

    i don't see where you think one source has a cure for all cancers .. i guess it is the same group that is hiding or suppressing free energy .. and proof of aliens ..
    Geesh, this time of the year makes everyone grumpy.

    And if you lot went to post #28 this is what l originally said.

    And l am sure that we will find a 100% cure for Cancer, but you will have to sell everything to get it.
    New years resolution, catch Shane out, lol, not likely

    I have to prepare myself for the Xmas dinner and pudding now.

    PS l know Claude is cranky since he is getting ready for the Xmas ghost image on onslaught,....and the rickody kids table, lol.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11465795].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jeffery
    I'm crossing my fingers the day will come when a brain can be transplanted to an android body. Not familiar with the correct terminology, so work with me please.

    Hopefully the entire process will be done with a PC. Then I can hack the PC and cause harmless, yet funny mischief.

    Little things like hack it to where a male body is substituted with a female body.

    Uncontrollable urges like:
    + Picking other people's nose.
    + In the absence of babies at Movie Premiers singing out loud at the top of your lungs.

    Jeffery 100%
    Signature

    Entrepreneurs starting out and small businesses without giant staffs and budgets.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11465802].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics