by ep2002
23 replies
  • OFF TOPIC
  • |
Hi,

Something is wrong with the site. I assume it's due to all of Chrome's updates recently.

I mouse over the top nav like my user name, forums & it flickers a million times & won't stay open.

Please fix.

Thanks

And why do all of your support forums NOT let me post???

Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

I'm having no problems with this site but techs have been working on it so sometimes it may have a glitch.


If you click on 'help desk' in the toolbar it will take you to the help section and you can post in it as far as I know. If you go directly the help section, yo may be getting a 403 error. There's a reason techs are working on the forum this week...
Oh, you mean the top nav. Ok, thanks.

And it's working NOW.

I still don't know why I'm not allowed to post in those other 2 forums.

What's the reason they are working on the forum? LOL

Originally Posted by Frank Donovan View Post

How come this thread is split over two sections?

https://www.warriorforum.com/main-in...t-working.html
LOL, I guess this is one reason. How did you find it in the IM forum? LOL
#site #working
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    I'm having no problems with this site but techs have been working on it so sometimes it may have a glitch.


    If you click on 'help desk' in the toolbar it will take you to the help section and you can post in it as far as I know. If you go directly the help section, yo may be getting a 403 error. There's a reason techs are working on the forum this week...
    Signature

    Saving one dog will not change the world - but forever changes the world for one dog.
    ***
    Sometimes people come into your life and they need to stop doing that...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11495922].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
      Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

      I'm having no problems with this site but techs have been working on it so sometimes it may have a glitch.

      If you click on 'help desk' in the toolbar it will take you to the help section and you can post in it as far as I know. If you go directly the help section, yo may be getting a 403 error. There's a reason techs are working on the forum this week...
      Just tried going there Kay and posting, and it is purring, (clicked on my nickname up the top then the Help Section dropdown) so problem fixed.

      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11495930].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Frank Donovan
      How come this thread is split over two sections?

      https://www.warriorforum.com/main-in...t-working.html
      Signature
      TOP TIP: To browse the forum like a Pro, select "View Classic" from the drop-down menu under your user name.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11495935].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kay King
      shane did it for some reason -

      I think I've put humpty back together again. Moving on...
      Signature

      Saving one dog will not change the world - but forever changes the world for one dog.
      ***
      Sometimes people come into your life and they need to stop doing that...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11495953].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
    Originally Posted by ep2002 View Post

    Hi,

    Something is wrong with the site. I assume it's due to all of Chrome's updates recently.

    I mouse over the top nav like my user name, forums & it flickers a million times & won't stay open.

    Please fix.

    Thanks

    And why do all of your support forums NOT let me post???
    I would suggest finding tools or something similar in CHrome, (Youtube that) and wiping away the cookies, then scanning and defrag, your computer, then when restarting it is still there try updating your browser.

    Then use another browser until it does.

    Not sure about the last part, but the question above is fine.

    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11495925].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ep2002
    Oh, & one more issue. I never got an e-mail notice for a PM. If I hadn't remembered someone PMed me yesterday, I never would have known he wrote me back.
    Signature

    ***Professional Merchant Services Agent at your service. If you are a professional legit company, I'd like to help you get the best merchant account for your company. Please contact me for more details.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11495962].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mark Singletary
      Originally Posted by ep2002 View Post

      Oh, & one more issue. I never got an e-mail notice for a PM. If I hadn't remembered someone PMed me yesterday, I never would have known he wrote me back.
      Today I received two PMs and two email notices so it seems to be working at least for me. Try this:

      1. Check your spam folder to see if the notification went there.

      2. Go to the dropdown menu under your name in the black navigation bar at the top of your screen.

      Go to Settings and then click on Edit Options in the vertical menu at the left of your screen, go to Messaging Options and make sure that "Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages" is checked. And hit the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page if you changed anything.

      See if that works.

      Mark
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11496077].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Robertlopez
    There may be some technical issues.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11495965].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author harryking1
    yeah may be true try to open in some other browser your problem may get fixed
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11496073].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    I don't get email notices for PM's - don't want them. The forum popup works most of the time for me - but it's not a big task to simply check for PMs when you log in.


    Be proactive with your own forum acct - check for PM's - check to see if posts you've made have had responses.
    Signature

    Saving one dog will not change the world - but forever changes the world for one dog.
    ***
    Sometimes people come into your life and they need to stop doing that...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11496139].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ep2002
    Originally Posted by Mark Singletary View Post

    Today I received two PMs and two email notices so it seems to be working at least for me. Try this:

    1. Check your spam folder to see if the notification went there.

    2. Go to the dropdown menu under your name in the black navigation bar at the top of your screen.

    Go to Settings and then click on Edit Options in the vertical menu at the left of your screen, go to Messaging Options and make sure that "Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages" is checked. And hit the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page if you changed anything.

    See if that works.

    Mark
    It worked the day before, but not yesterday & I don't have a spam folder, I get everything in my inbox.

    Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

    I don't get email notices for PM's - don't want them. The forum popup works most of the time for me - but it's not a big task to simply check for PMs when you log in.


    Be proactive with your own forum acct - check for PM's - check to see if posts you've made have had responses.
    Please don't talk down to me as if I'm a child, I feel that's very rude.

    I do NOT come onto this forum every day like you do & I expect the forum/site to be working b/c I won't remember to check my PM folder I don't get tons of PMs.

    Thank you
    Signature

    ***Professional Merchant Services Agent at your service. If you are a professional legit company, I'd like to help you get the best merchant account for your company. Please contact me for more details.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11496158].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    If I hadn't remembered someone PMed me yesterday, I never would have known he wrote me back.

    Don't mean to talk down - but that would not be true unless you choose not to monitor your own account on this free forum.



    I expect the forum/site to be working

    We've mentioned tech problems here for several weeks - so not surprising notifications might be affected. If you feel answers are rude it may be that your requests seem demanding rather than questioning.
    Signature

    Saving one dog will not change the world - but forever changes the world for one dog.
    ***
    Sometimes people come into your life and they need to stop doing that...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11496167].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Daniel Evans
    If you don't want to be spoken to in such a way, quit demanding your milk, you cheeky little bleeder.

    You need to wait until the bottle is sterilized! (There's work being done here).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11496183].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ep2002
    Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

    Don't mean to talk down - but that would not be true unless you choose not to monitor your own account on this free forum.






    We've mentioned tech problems here for several weeks - so not surprising notifications might be affected. If you feel answers are rude it may be that your requests seem demanding rather than questioning.
    Obviously I did NOT know there was work being done on the site. I don't LIVE on this forum like you do & I never got any e-mail stating there was working being done on the site.

    I come on here when I have a question or someone contacts me.

    Now I know.

    Demanding?

    I tried to help the site by pointing out an issue & TWICE I was blocked from posting. I have every right to be surprised & upset about that. That's NOT a demand.

    I NEVER demanded they fix the site in 2 seconds flat, but I was trying to check WHY I never got the PM e-mail & then I was stopped from going into my settings.

    I've NEVER had these issues in all the years I've been dealing with forums, so it was a surprise, but then the fact that I was prevented from posting was a further surprise.

    The minute you told me that there was work being done on the site I was cool. That is clearly reflected in my next comment.


    Originally Posted by Daniel Evans View Post

    If you don't want to be spoken to in such a way, quit demanding your milk, you cheeky little bleeder.

    You need to wait until the bottle is sterilized! (There's work being done here).
    NEVER demanded milk daddy, but now that you mention it, can you feed me daddy?

    Baby is hungry for your MILK!!!

    My wicked daddy with his HUGE temper.

    Wahhhhhhh
    Signature

    ***Professional Merchant Services Agent at your service. If you are a professional legit company, I'd like to help you get the best merchant account for your company. Please contact me for more details.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11496249].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Daniel Evans
      Originally Posted by ep2002 View Post

      I have every right to be surprised & upset about that.
      You do sound very upset.

      Baby is hungry for your MILK!!!
      We know.

      I'll chuck in a Rusk if you resist doing a protest in your Hello Kitty onesie.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11496250].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
      Originally Posted by ep2002 View Post

      Obviously I did NOT know there was work being done on the site. I don't LIVE on this forum like you do & I never got any e-mail stating there was working being done on the site.

      I come on here when I have a question or someone contacts me.

      Now I know.

      Demanding?

      I tried to help the site by pointing out an issue & TWICE I was blocked from posting. I have every right to be surprised & upset about that. That's NOT a demand.
      It is commendable that you sign up to a new forum and point out its issues, although risky if those issue are being addressed.

      First question l asked here was, "How Do l Make Money" and got several less than illuminating reply's, but l did get some that were useful.

      I almost spit the dummy and left, but each forum has its rules and how they do things, so kept on, and later realized that that is a cliche question or it has been asked countless times.

      You seem to know your way around here pretty well, or most newbies just don't get the classic view, quote button idea.

      Here are a few more you may not be aware of, when in the main index listings, scroll down for tally's of visitors, guests and totals down the bottom of the page, and in the Off Topic listings down the bottom of the page there is some more..

      Best to let sleeping dogs lie on this thread, and welcome.

      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11496300].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author DWolfe
        Originally Posted by tagiscom View Post

        It is commendable that you sign up to a new forum and point out its issues, although risky if those issue are being addressed.

        You seem to know your way around here pretty well, or most newbies just don't get the classic view, quote button idea.
        Hate to tell you this The Original Poster should know his way around here. His Joined date is 2007
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11496594].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Daniel Evans
          Originally Posted by DWolfe View Post

          Hate to tell you this The Original Poster should know his way around here. His Joined date is 2007
          Hate to tell you this, but that won't go down well with her...
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11496597].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author DWolfe
            Originally Posted by Daniel Evans View Post

            Hate to tell you this, but that won't go down well with her...
            I thought it might be a Eric, Eddy when I see the name EP on the post and nothing in the profile. Than again it could be a She - Erin or another name. Unless you saw something I didn't. Than again the OP could be Transgender and where both ahh never mind
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11496815].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
          Originally Posted by DWolfe View Post

          Hate to tell you this The Original Poster should know his way around here. His Joined date is 2007
          Yeees, but 200 posts, (l havn't seen her in the OT, and l have been lurking down there for 9 years) so a sign up and disappear or post on rare occasions perhaps?

          But l agree l put the newbie label on a bit too thick.

          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11496620].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DURABLEOILCOM
    Nvm sometimes it does glitch out
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11496631].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mckinley55
    I have no problem with the site too, I think they repaired it

    Mini Militia App Lock 7Zip
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11496771].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics