Melbourne International....Flower thingy...

14 replies
  • OFF TOPIC
  • |
Yep, roped into it again, took my Mother down, eventhough l am not a plant person, so for people that are, here are some smelly, colorful things l took shots off, (don't ask me the names, l have no idea).





The Exhibition building was the highlight, at least for me, built in 1880 l think.

But l promised smelly plants so....







Ok they are tulips...



Ummm orange things or orchids.

The highlight was seeing a few from Gardening Australia, (best guess, but my Mother believes so) walking through some arch things in the building discussing, Tessla cars as far as l know, while a film crew were walking backwards with 200k of camera equipment.

So the scoop is this Friday someone wearing a black and red striped shirt and a blonde with a Survivor scarf in her hair, will be in GA for Aussies this week,...l know exciting and you heard it here, lol.

Give me a starving Triffod, some safety goggles and a machete anytime, over a plant.

Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Dan Riffle
    Nice pics, Shane. But seriously, not one kangaroo?
    Signature

    If you want me to go on arguing, you'll have to pay for another five minutes.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11498447].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kurt
    Originally Posted by tagiscom View Post




    I see fossils of a platypus, a bowel of corn flakes and a couple of fluffy bunnies.
    Signature
    Discover the fastest and easiest ways to create your own valuable products.
    Tons of FREE Public Domain content you can use to make your own content, PLR, digital and POD products.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11498657].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author palmtreelife
    How is this "off topic"? You're using the internet and marketing Melbourne International to the world. All of us are now much more excited to go visit! A successful free ad campaign.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11498960].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author lanfear63
      Originally Posted by palmtreelife View Post

      How is this "off topic"? You're using the internet and marketing Melbourne International to the world. All of us are now much more excited to go visit! A successful free ad campaign.
      Yes, that would be true if the OP had any affiliation with it at all, which he does not. Just a tourist taking pictures.
      Signature

      Marriage, For The Best Arguments

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11498986].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author DWolfe
        Originally Posted by lanfear63 View Post

        Just a tourist taking pictures.
        Because his mom wanted to visit a tourist trap.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11499001].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
    Originally Posted by palmtreelife View Post

    How is this "off topic"? You're using the internet and marketing Melbourne International to the world. All of us are now much more excited to go visit! A successful free ad campaign.
    Gee and l thought that l was rubbishing the event?

    Here is a list of the nasty stuff.

    • No moterised mobility at all, (and most of the stuff outside is on a hill).
    • They close the Exhib, buildings doors at 5.20 so anyone in the garden areas has to walk around the building to get to IMAX or the only coffee area that is available.
    • The coffees there are $5 each, and the only snacks available are oversized hamburgers, fish and chips, etc at $14 upwards, (just the thing when you are running out of time, and have to overspend on some giant meal).
    • Too many wombats, (tripping hazard).
    • I went there on a weekday and it was packed, so the weekend would or will be insane.
    • The only parking is at Museum parking and that was $30 bucks all up.
    • $30 to get in,...umm, smelly plants everywhere, and well Melbourne is a speed camera farm.
    • And you pay extra for the twilight one, (we considered that two years ago, and after seeing others sitting on bales of hay in torrential rain eating a hot dog, decided against it). The next day the radio announcer said that the twilight, (dark) was a huge success, (so lying their ar***s off also occurs).
    • And they let Claude Whittaker in the front gate, (never forgive them for that slipup).
    • And IMAX isn't much better, $7 for a Twix bar, (there where three, but still frickin expensive) and they still have the stupid, backless upside down, cork seats there.
    • But no Destroy Australia 2030 posters about so that was one plus.

    Originally Posted by lanfear63 View Post

    Yes, that would be true if the OP had any affiliation with it at all, which he does not. Just a tourist taking pictures.
    Tourist, nah, more like a taxi service and pack mule.

    But l would never endorse something there especially when the show is still on, so for example mentioning that l walked past a Mr Fusion stand there, which allows a weeks worth of household power for a couple of bananas and a coke can, is just a coincidence.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11499030].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kurt
      Originally Posted by tagiscom View Post

      Gee and l thought that l was rubbishing the event?

      Here is a list of the nasty stuff.

      • No moterised mobility at all, (and most of the stuff outside is on a hill).
      • They close the Exhib, buildings doors at 5.20 so anyone in the garden areas has to walk around the building to get to IMAX or the only coffee area that is available.
      • The coffees there are $5 each, and the only snacks available are oversized hamburgers, fish and chips, etc at $14 upwards, (just the thing when you are running out of time, and have to overspend on some giant meal).
      • Too many wombats, (tripping hazard).
      • I went there on a weekday and it was packed, so the weekend would or will be insane.
      • The only parking is at Museum parking and that was $30 bucks all up.
      • $30 to get in,...umm, smelly plants everywhere, and well Melbourne is a speed camera farm.
      • And you pay extra for the twilight one, (we considered that two years ago, and after seeing others sitting on bales of hay in torrential rain eating a hot dog, decided against it). The next day the radio announcer said that the twilight, (dark) was a huge success, (so lying their ar***s off also occurs).
      • And they let Claude Whittaker in the front gate, (never forgive them for that slipup).
      • And IMAX isn't much better, $7 for a Twix bar, (there where three, but still frickin expensive) and they still have the stupid, backless upside down, cork seats there.



      Tourist, nah, more like a taxi service and pack mule.

      But l would never endorse something there especially when the show is still on, so for example mentioning that l walked past a Mr Fusion stand there, which allows a weeks worth of household power for a couple of bananas and a coke can, is just a coincidence.

      Cork seats Down Under? That sounds really uncomfortable, although Claude would pay extra and consider it an upgrade.
      Signature
      Discover the fastest and easiest ways to create your own valuable products.
      Tons of FREE Public Domain content you can use to make your own content, PLR, digital and POD products.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11499044].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
        Originally Posted by Kurt View Post

        Cork seats Down Under? That sounds really uncomfortable, although Claude would pay extra and consider it an upgrade.
        Tree stump seats, with padding?

        Just the thing when you want to relax, and have nothing to rest your back on, (there are booths there, but l gave that up to my Mother, who was exhausted after the Exhib, building walkaround marathon.

        The whole flower show must have been sold off some time ago, and it has been sc**w the customer and threat the elderly like s***t ever since.

        Usually every year we go and every year, l say, (thank goodness that is over with) and my Mother says, l am getting too old for this.

        Years ago, it was open til 9pm for one standard ticket price, and we could take our time, now you pay twice for that, and the Exhibition part is closed at 5pm, instead of being open, as it used to be, (look at the art work, have a decent meal at the restaurant instead of outside with the wind, rain, and who knows).

        It is still good, but greed and stupidity has wrecked it.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11499053].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GodInyou
    OMG I am in love with the tulips, Don't know why but those flowers are so beautiful, I am buying them every time I saw them, and the most beautiful are the yellow one's, you take 15 flowers and put them in the paper, That look so handsome
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11567949].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics