Nigerians Are At It Again! Please Learn From This!

35 replies
  • OFF TOPIC
  • |
So, I'm a Nigerian. Born and bred. I lived outside Nigeria for about 10 years and started my web marketing career outside Nigeria (in Moscow, Russia in 1997 to be precise). I am one of the first Nigerian warrior marketers anywhere and I am very proud indeed of my achievements over the years as a warrior and as a marketer in my own rights.

I have directly or indirectly coached so many of the people many of you refer to as "gurus" a term I feel is so miused because franky ANYONE who teaches for a living is a guru. But the way it is used in IM is to refer to an "elite" group of marketers who are more celebrities than just marketing coaches. These guys should be called "Celeb markters" because that IS what they are and what causes so much rife for some marketers. The majority of IMers and many non-IMers are in fact ALL GURUS because they TEACh others for a living.

I would like to see the term used in the right way eventually but that's up to you IMers.

But I digress. Like I was saying... I was at the start of IM before all the rules and strategies you know and follow today were perfected, I helped to discover and perfect many of them.While I have made my share of mistakes in online marketing (everyone has, everyone, it's part of the learning process for all of us), I am also one of the most successful and widely respected IMers from the old school group many of you newer marketers may not even know.

There are top level senior warriors that will easily back that up, just ask them.

Now, don't for a minute think that any of it was easy. It was hard work from the first day. Some of it had to do with fighting to make a name for myself even though I had one of the so called weirdest sounding names online at the time. Some of it was tough because I had to fight with less than perfect technologies, outdated banking systems and many other roadblocks that IMers in the USA were immune from. When I eventually moved to the UK some of that changed and I'm grateful. But despite all the stress and work involved, I loved IM and led by example as best I could.

So, it makes me cringe whenever I hear IMers make DOWNRIGHT prejudiced, biased statemets against people from Nigeria believing them to be scammers before they have even related to them. This is esepcially painful when those statements are made WITHOUT ever being qualified and making it clear it can't possibly be ALL nigerians that are scammers.

Listen, there are MANY people who read and take on everything they read without questioning it depending on the source. This forum is one of the most trusted sources of content in IM so it hurts business when people post up "Nigerian Scam Alerts" that have NOTHING to do with IM but which eventually end up in battles against nigerian IMers as well.

What makes it MOST annoying is when these newer Nigerian warriors usually so desperate to be accepted here start to follow the same trend and post up Nigerian Scam Alerts which from my investigations are not even justified based on total lack of evidence, and which have NOTHING to do with IM, but which eventually end up giving a bad name even to honest Nigerian IMers.

These posts are ALLOWED to stay up and even allowed to go nuts. So, I got tired of it. And decided I would speak my mind in my own thread.

The fact is when I started IM in 1997 I made it clear I was Nigerian because I wanted to make it clear to Americans, Europeans, Brits, Asians and Australians that there are Nigerians who are ethical business owners. I was tempted to hide myself behind a pen name in 1997 because I was sure no one would want to deal with me and I would suffer from the prejudice.

But thankfully, a Polish friend of mine warned me against that stupid move and convinced me that if I came out as who I really am I would be respected and remembered if I did well. I took that advice and worked hard.

Nigerians became trusted. So many non-Nigerians became my customers, friends and students. It was a job well done and the door was open (I felt permanently) for my ethical Nigerian brothers and sisters to make it in IM due to what I and other well known Nigerians had achieved on everyone's behalf.

So, imagine my disappointment when I see newer warriors spewing all these prejudiced comments that affect business for me and other well meaning Nigerian warriors and IMers in general.

Please guys, stop the prejudice. If you have facts, state them otherwise you're just hurting others for no reason.

This post was inspired by many of the Nigerian Scam alert posts right here in the forum and especially by a post made my one very misguided newer Nigerian warrior marketer who posted a totally ridiculous Nigerian Scam alert that had NO CONNECTION to Nigerians even by his own admission in his OP.

I started to realize that if no one did anything it could easily only get worse.

So, I wanted to make it obvious to all who are prejudiced, there are more ethical Nigerians out there than you can shake a stick at. Many of these foolish Nigerians and non-Nigerians who send scam emails to unsuspecting people world wide have nothing to do with us or many of the people who run ethical local businesses too. Please STOP painting us with the same brush.

We hate these guys as much as you do and we fight it in numerous ways. It doesn't help if while we're fighting it, you're attacking us too from all sides.

I started this post with the headline "Nigerians are at it again" because I knew that would catch the attention of some if not all those who are eager to dump on Nigerians as well as those who thankfully argue in our favor even if they are not Nigerians themselves. But really that headline refers to the following story on Oprah... Author Uwem Akpan's Biography - Oprah.com

The Nigerian based priest that wrote a book and was found by Oprah's team (he didn't from what I understand market himself to them), and then invited to appear on the Oprah show because his book was added to Oprah's book club list is just ONE of the Nigerians I refer to as ethical business and non-business people. There are MILLIONS of people like him you will probably NEVER hear about.

However, please take the time to investigate what you are talking about and avoid prejudiced comments they will eventually reflect poorly on you anyway as prejudice always does. But even ignoring the bad karma that is likely, consider that there are fellow warriors like you who just happen to be from Nigeria who are ethical and just want to make a living like you.

Stop making it unduly hard on these guys. It's just a heart felt request from a warrior who has more than paid his dues. You may do with that what you will.

Take care folks and thanks for reading,

Kunle Olomofe
#learn #nigerians
  • Profile picture of the author King Shiloh
    Banned
    There are many unsung heroes in my country, Nigeria but I believe that one day the whole world will sing our good song.

    And tell our good stories too.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1913547].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Monika Mundell
      Hello Kunle,

      Thank you for sharing your inspirational story with us. I think you are right to take a stance. Unfortunately many people are prejudiced because they fail to use their own braincells and just copy babble-talk they hear elsewhere.

      It's good to see that you are making a difference in people's lives and I respect you for this. I love a multi-national society because I grew up in Europe where country borders where within easy reach and we often traveled to France, Italy, the UK or elsewhere to spend the weekend.

      The problem I'm afraid lies much deeper, it's in the grassroots of many nations and if we'd all respect each other for what we are and where we come from, War would be a thing of the past.

      I'm actually in the process of hiring a new writer in Namibia which isn't quite in your neck of the woods but still in your quasi neighborhood.

      I hope that your statement will help to make a difference in some people's lives.

      All the best
      Monika
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1913775].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tony M.
    I must admit you got me with that title
    Point proven.

    Tony
    Signature

    Mass Control users might want to read this :
    How you can multiply the results of the 4 day Cash Machine

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1958341].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Segedoo
    Hi Kunle,

    I have been trying to catch up with you online since i saw an article written about you in an old IM book along with Yanik Silver, the late Cory Rudl, Dan Kennedy and co.

    You headline got me so hard that i was thinking "Not a stab from someone i respect" but alas. I guess it was a great IM tactic and i must say i do not feel manipulated after reading the content.

    I hope to meet you in Lagos soon. WHY HAVE YOU BEEN ABSENT FOR SO LONG?

    Cheers
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1979359].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jlxsolutions
    Well i did a quick check on my scams email collection only a few hundred was nigeria based but damm they were the best ones.
    what needs to be done is weed out thoose few nigerian masterminds of these scams they appear to come from same region. once its whacked the proud honest nigerian business ppl will have a chance to excel whit out a ton of scams shadowing their business.
    (note to self moar beer)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1980404].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jlxsolutions
    Instead of editing my previuos post i decided to make a new one.
    Due to having a "shifty" past my self e-mail scams have always intregued me to see how they plan it what they say and how well their done.
    Its almost a hobby ofmine to study scams and play along till the very punchline of them and then tell them how well they did.And i must admit nigerians scam have been highly developed. i am unsure why the higher developed scams come from there maybe somone teaches these methods or something but compared to russians they kick azz
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1980427].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HeySal
    Hi Kunle,

    Um...I understand where you are coming from with your statements, but you need to understand, too - this is really a bad time to pull the "prejudice card" out of the hat. America is a a racial turmoil right now. For the first time in my life I am being called prejudice regularly just because the person I disagree with is not "white like me". So lets take a deeper and more logical approach to this problem.

    I'm sure there isn't a Warrior online that doesn't know that scammers come from everywhere on the globe, as do some really awesome people.

    Now - the "Nigerian scams" might be an unfortunate label, but truth be told, that is where this particular scam originated, hence the label. Now we see the same scams coming from other parts of the world, and it might rightly be high time to change the name of the scam to reflect the more apropos situation of being a global fraud.

    At the root of the problem - no matter which part of the globe from which a scam is activated, is that there were problems getting officials to rectify the problem. Servers felt no responsibility to shut them down, officials did not (or seemingly did not) bother to hunt down the perpetrators. It became widely recognized, rightly or wrongly, that if you got caught in such a scam, you had zero hope of seeing justice done.

    I would not hesitate to say there are many more scammers in the US than in Nigeria - but when it comes to banks, servers, officials, etc. here - if you are scammed, you can take action against the scammer. They won't always be caught, but servers here will shut them down fast. FBI will be on their trail.
    We might not recover losses, but there is action to keep these villians out of practice here.

    As for other countries - many times, servers won't even acknowledge that they have received your email, and think about how likely it is for someone to reach a concerned official. I'm thinking right now there are a lot of Russians thinking and feeling the same way you do.

    But all in all - you can't expect people not to be very hesitant to deal with a country reputed to not take action against this type of scamming. What is our fate if we JV with someone from a country which will do nothing to rectify a problem with a crook if we encounter one? What you are feeling is prejudice, may be a wholly different concern completely.

    Instead of accusing us of prejudice, you might better show us how your officials and server owners are now tackling such problems and attempting to halt crooks in their tracks. Give us information about who to contact over there if we encounter a fraud so we can feel a bit of security in dealing internationally. I think if we all knew what actions to take and where there were people to contact in fraudulent circumstances who would actually do what they can to stop the criminals that much of what you are feeling would be adjusted accordingly.

    Fair or not, if a Country's officials, banks, and servers allow for rampant fraud, the people of that country will suffer a bit as others will not be willing to take undue risks and it is not fair to blame people for that.

    So for the record - can you give us some solid information about how fraud is being handled in Nigeria so we can make correctly informed choices instead of just be seen as self-righteous people?
    Signature

    Sal
    When the Roads and Paths end, learn to guide yourself through the wilderness
    Beyond the Path

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1980555].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seasoned
    What heysal said is certainly right. I don't know if you mean prejudice as in racism but, if you do, that is a loaded, dangerous, and downright STUPID way to mean it, ESPECIALLY now in the US, and ESPECIALLY if you are from nigeria.

    I get letters from PROCESSORS saying that I should not do business with nigerians! GRANTED, nigeria is one of perhaps 20 countries, but it is HIGH on the list. You might be the most ethical person on the planet, but it means little if you are surrounded by CORRUPTION!

    Paypal says they support Niger, and niue, but not nigeria. Interesting that two countries so close to one another have such similar names(niger and nigeria).

    So, as I said before, complain to your COUNTRY and COUNTRYMEN, NOT to everyone else. HEY, there aren't THAT many processors in the US. If all rejected nigeria 100%, you would have *****NO***** simple way of getting money out of the US. Paypal and clickbank, digital river, etc... would stop supporting you, assuming they do now(apparently paypal DOESN'T). AND, almost no other US person/company would either.

    IMAGINE NEEDING a money order, western union, or check!

    APPARENTLY, my processor would allow it, but it would be a bad move on my part. After all, they basically told me not to.

    Steve
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1980851].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TimPhelan
      It seems pretty clear he is talking about prejudice towards Nigerians not racial prejudice per se, but why is it especially "loaded, dangerous" in the US now?

      Originally Posted by seasoned View Post

      I don't know if you mean prejudice as in racism but, if you do, that is a loaded, dangerous, and downright STUPID way to mean it, ESPECIALLY now in the US, and ESPECIALLY if you are from nigeria.


      Steve
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1980962].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HeySal
    Tim -- um........you haven't seen the blow about people being sick of being called bigots because they don't go along with Obama? Every time I disagree with that guy I get called every bigoted name in the book. There's quite a brewhaha going on with it right now.

    And for the record, I didn't think that Kunle was calling any of us racially bigoted - I think he is frustrated about how people feel about doing business with Nigeria - and I feel bad that he, our other warrior friends, and any other good people there suffer for the insanity -- but if we are not able to assure the safety of our money and dealings there - what do we do? I just wanted some answers about what we can do and I think that saying people are prejudiced against Nigerian business people isn't a valid argument. Calling people bigoted against something when the root of the problem goes to security of transactions does not address the actual issue. However, I will give him credit for the validity of his feelings that we might just consider people there corrupt in general. I just felt it was a very bad approach to answering the problem is all.
    Signature

    Sal
    When the Roads and Paths end, learn to guide yourself through the wilderness
    Beyond the Path

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1981004].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jlxsolutions
      Heysal i love your posts.
      but umm Obama is the first president you got in years whit actual braincells.
      sure he aint perfect but your system is flawed BIG time
      We dont have home less
      Everyone has healthcare
      and ppl still can get rich.....
      Wait a sec ooh yes one or few shoud be rich were living the american dream work hard **** the rest and voila... wait voila what oh yeah i got a ferrari yeey
      Hmm did i forget something naaah i can speed.. (while the rest of the us fights to survive)
      Honestly you have the most retarted ****ed up system in the world even the commy *******s in russia have it better at least they get to que for food
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1981060].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author TimPhelan
        Sal, I've heard you say this many times but have never seen anyone here call you a racist for criticizing Obama. Where does it happen? I hear many conservatives make the same claim over and over. I don't see it as being as widespread as you and Steve make it out to be. I remember Jimmy Carter saying many people who criticize Obama are racist but besides that I can't think of anyone else who has said this.

        Also, I don't see Obama or his friends ever playing the race card. Interestingly enough GOP Chairman Steele said he was tired of seeing the race card played and just last week he blamed the problems he is having, including Lesbian-Gate or whatever they are calling it, on his race. The White House made a comment about this saying Steele doesn't have a problem "with the race card, he has a problem with the credit card". Ha!
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1981132].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author seasoned
          Originally Posted by TimPhelan View Post

          Sal, I've heard you say this many times but have never seen anyone here call you a racist for criticizing Obama. Where does it happen? I hear many conservatives make the same claim over and over. I don't see it as being as widespread as you and Steve make it out to be. I remember Jimmy Carter saying many people who criticize Obama are racist but besides that I can't think of anyone else who has said this.

          Also, I don't see Obama or his friends ever playing the race card. Interestingly enough GOP Chairman Steele said he was tired of seeing the race card played and just last week he blamed the problems he is having, including Lesbian-Gate or whatever they are calling it, on his race. The White House made a comment about this saying Steele doesn't have a problem "with the race card, he has a problem with the credit card". Ha!
          Tim,

          You simply haven't been listening. MANY senators and "representatives", and OBAMA have said it! HECK, the head of the RNC, who happens to be BLACK, even as much as said it, BEFORE anyone accused HIM of any wrong doing, etc...! AND, as you said, CARTER did! I could say why that is so incredibly hypocritical that HE, of all people should, but Paul would probably go nuts. HEY, you asked, I replied. I can't believe that YOU haven't heard it. I have heard them talk about it on CNN! Of course, people like rangle, pelosi, etc... say it also, and THAT is EVERYWHERE. Maybe the crocodile tears cover it up too much, in pelosi's case.

          BTW I didn't see heysals response until AFTER I gave mine. Interesting that we said much the same thing. WHY? Because it was the TRUTH!

          Steve
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1981723].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author TimPhelan
            Please show me where ANY Senators, Reps or Obama said anyone who criticizes him is a racist. I mean there ARE racists who criticize him, but I haven't heard anyone say anyone who criticizes Obama is a racist. That just hasn't happened. It's not the truth. It's pretty much BS.

            By the way, I think Carter had a point but he just didn't say it very well.

            Originally Posted by seasoned View Post

            MANY senators and "representatives", and OBAMA have said it!

            Steve
            Signature
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1981929].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author seasoned
              Originally Posted by TimPhelan View Post

              Please show me where ANY Senators, Reps or Obama said anyone who criticizes him is a racist. I mean there ARE racists who criticize him, but I haven't heard anyone say anyone who criticizes Obama is a racist. That just hasn't happened. It's not the truth. It's pretty much BS.

              By the way, I think Carter had a point but he just didn't say it very well.
              I already told you a few actual people. It isn't my fault you decide to just IGNORE it. And carter DID have a point. HE'S RACIST! But I don't see why he felt SO guilty that he had to say everyone else was. OK, I've said my piece.

              Steve
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1982093].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author TLTheLiberator
                Originally Posted by seasoned View Post

                I already told you a few actual people. It isn't my fault you decide to just IGNORE it. And carter DID have a point. HE'S RACIST! But I don't see why he felt SO guilty that he had to say everyone else was. OK, I've said my piece.

                Steve


                Steve & Hey Sal:

                I believe the original post mentioned prejudice but not the r word.

                so...

                I also don't understand why racism was brought into the discussion.


                Racism and prejudice are two different things.



                There are many reasons a person could be prejudiced but only one reason for racism.

                And...

                IMHO, the prejudice is some-what well deserved.

                Lots of scams have originated with the Nigerians and enforcement back in Nigeria is not all that tough.

                There's a lot of smoke there.

                For the record...

                Hey Sal,

                people that try to use the race card on you or anyone else because of your/their opposition to Obama are idiots.

                And...

                There are just as many racist statements all over the internet just because the dude is black.

                So, you're right, there's a lot of ignorance flying around these days.

                But... ( Steve )

                Please pull up the statements by democratic people ( officials etc. ) that claim all/most of the opposition to Obama is racist or that he should be given a pass etc., because he's black.

                I personally think that sentiment began with none other that the Rusher.

                As soon as Obama became president he started pontificating about how he doesn't have to bow down and grab his ankles and be without criticism of Obama just because he's black etc.



                And then others started echoing it.





                - Jimmy Carter was right.

                If anyone knows the people of the south it's him - he's one of them.


                The firestorm ensued because he said it publicly what people talk about privately.

                Anyone...

                ...pretending that there isn't a big pool of resentment because the dude is Black is silly.

                Look at the history of this country.

                It makes a lot of sense that some people would have a problem with his blackness.

                Why???

                Most/all of them believed this country was theirs and theirs alone and the election of Obama gave them a very rude awakening that perhaps they weren't all that special after all.

                - a few got over it.

                - Most joined the birthers and the opposition to Obama.

                - Many pretend that they're opposed to Obama's so-called socialist program for the country and his supposed government takeover stuff.

                - Some even pretend they're opposed to his so-called big spending programs.

                They are heavily concentrated in two groups of Americans:

                I'm talking in the high 70%'s at the very least.

                Those two groups are...

                - The people of the south.


                And ...

                older European Americans.














                Hey, don't kill the messenger.

                I'm not going to be silly enough to say that all of his opposition is because of race but a very healthy portion of the people whom are opposed to him are opposed to him because of race.

                Is it 10%, 20%, 33%, higher?


                My estimation is a healthy 30%.



                But most Americans don't care since they've seen blacks doing almost everything under the sun, so a black president isn't really that big of a deal.


                TL


                Ps. Please will someone pull up statements by dem officals etc. using the race card etc. to defend Obama etc.


                ( I'm asking for it )



                ( oh Prez Carter, but he was right, it just wasn't a nice thing to say publicly )
                Signature

                "It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. -- Mark Twain

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1984098].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author TimPhelan
                  It seems to be a knee jerk reaction. Just like saying Obama is a socialist, communist, traitor, Nazi, fascist etc... Gee, if you go around the internet making these over the top statements then of course you are going to have knee jerk reactions from the other side.

                  Originally Posted by TLTheLiberator View Post


                  I also don't understand why racism was brought into the discussion.

                  Signature
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1984265].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author TLTheLiberator
                    Originally Posted by TimPhelan View Post

                    It seems to be a knee jerk reaction. Just like saying Obama is a socialist, communist, traitor, Nazi, fascist etc... Gee, if you go around the internet making these over the top statements then of course you are going to have knee jerk reactions from the other side.


                    I didn't want to say that Tim, but since we're being real and facing up to facts...


                    TL
                    Signature

                    "It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. -- Mark Twain

                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1984324].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Michael Motley
              Originally Posted by TimPhelan View Post

              Please show me where ANY Senators, Reps or Obama said anyone who criticizes him is a racist. I mean there ARE racists who criticize him, but I haven't heard anyone say anyone who criticizes Obama is a racist. That just hasn't happened. It's not the truth. It's pretty much BS.

              By the way, I think Carter had a point but he just didn't say it very well.
              There have been many such blurbs in the news, from lots of people. But that was at the beginning of obamas term. now even some of his cheerleaders are starting to defect.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1984279].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author TLTheLiberator
                Originally Posted by Michael Motley View Post

                There have been many such blurbs in the news, from lots of people. But that was at the beginning of obamas term. now even some of his cheerleaders are starting to defect.

                Even his some of his cheerleaders are defecting.



                Funny!


                What's funny is that almost every American feels the president, any president is theirs to say whatever they want about him - and it's true.



                Because of the cable age, he's got to be the most covered president in history.

                also...

                I say to you and Steve and Hey Sal,

                If it's all over the place...

                show me a blurb from a democratic official, consultant, someone on TV or even a left wing radio talk show host that has said that...


                - all his opposition is because Obama is black:


                and/or...


                - We should give the dude a break because he's black:


                I want someone to give it to me.


                TL


                Ps. There are at least 10 pages of Google results for "obama because he's black" LOL!

                What a country!
                Signature

                "It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. -- Mark Twain

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1984382].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author HeySal
          Uh....Tim........If we were allowed to talk about politics in here again you'd hear it plenty. I have been called racist both offline and online at times I've disagreed with Obama. If you have missed the race card being played I think you should start looking around. And here's something really different about it this time - both whites and blacks are screaming racism when you don't agree with the admin. That's not a normal racial situation in any way, shape, or form. On the other side of the fence there are blacks as well as whites that will have your back if you are in decent from the admin. All in all one side is yelling racist and the other side is saying "no she's not", It's racism being called out - yet it's not racism behind it. It's all down to who wants socialism and who doesn't. Racism is a good means by which propaganda can be spread and fractionalize the population in times of a coup.

          I thought you were in the military and that this would have been apparent to you. Check around. You'll see it.



          Originally Posted by TimPhelan View Post

          Sal, I've heard you say this many times but have never seen anyone here call you a racist for criticizing Obama. Where does it happen? I hear many conservatives make the same claim over and over. I don't see it as being as widespread as you and Steve make it out to be. I remember Jimmy Carter saying many people who criticize Obama are racist but besides that I can't think of anyone else who has said this.

          Also, I don't see Obama or his friends ever playing the race card. Interestingly enough GOP Chairman Steele said he was tired of seeing the race card played and just last week he blamed the problems he is having, including Lesbian-Gate or whatever they are calling it, on his race. The White House made a comment about this saying Steele doesn't have a problem "with the race card, he has a problem with the credit card". Ha!
          Signature

          Sal
          When the Roads and Paths end, learn to guide yourself through the wilderness
          Beyond the Path

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1981777].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author HeySal
        Originally Posted by jlxsolutions View Post

        Heysal i love your posts.
        but umm Obama is the first president you got in years whit actual braincells.
        sure he aint perfect but your system is flawed BIG time
        We dont have home less
        Everyone has healthcare
        and ppl still can get rich.....
        Wait a sec ooh yes one or few shoud be rich were living the american dream work hard **** the rest and voila... wait voila what oh yeah i got a ferrari yeey
        Hmm did i forget something naaah i can speed.. (while the rest of the us fights to survive)
        Honestly you have the most retarted ****ed up system in the world even the commy *******s in russia have it better at least they get to que for food
        Never said he didn't have brain cells -- just can't stomach what he is trying to do with them. As for how well off you're country is - Congratulations. I'm glad you enjoy it. We have a constitution and I expect my leaders to support it - because I enjoy free enterprise and personal freedoms such as autonomy, too. I'm not interested in how well anyone else's system works for them. I am interested in seeing people at the top leaving their hands off ours so it can work for us.

        Enjoy your system and if I ever become interested in living under your system, I will probably end up being your neighbor. Until then - I have good faith that there are still enough of us lucid enough to care about our freedoms to defend them and return our system to a functioning republic. We'll see eh?
        Signature

        Sal
        When the Roads and Paths end, learn to guide yourself through the wilderness
        Beyond the Path

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1981176].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seasoned
    Tim,

    Well, these days we have a black president and he and his friends figure they can just pull out the race card any old time they feel like it. SOME people liked the idea of his being black because they figured it would END such claims. Gee, even some BLACKS don't like his position, but race doesn't have to be a part of it AT ALL!

    I brought up race in the last post ONLY because heysal did. niger, like nigeria, is in africa, and probably has plenty of blacks, so THAT is obviously NOT a racial issue. Could it be considered prejudice? YEP! Skunks can stink, burglars can steal, countries that tend to have a lot of crime may have a lot of criminals. PREJUDICED? YEP! UNWARRANTED? NO WAY! ESPECIALLY when an intermediary says ******WATCH OUT******!

    As for THIS post, you asked, I answered. I am not trying to start a racial or political discussion. My point is that it is NEITHER! Disagreeing, or anger, doesn't have to be rooted in race. The RACIST part is assuming it always must be.

    Steve
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1981028].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jlxsolutions
    Ah i forgot obmama is semi color something.
    Note to previuos posts all over i dont give a FU** what cpolor amy one is what a person does is what matters
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1981164].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fvrnow
    Yeah he got me too with that title. Thks for the info.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1981803].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sundrop881
    Originally Posted by Kunle Olomofe View Post

    So, I'm a Nigerian. Born and bred. I lived outside Nigeria for about 10 years and started my web marketing career outside Nigeria (in Moscow, Russia in 1997 to be precise). I am one of the first Nigerian warrior marketers anywhere and I am very proud indeed of my achievements over the years as a warrior and as a marketer in my own rights.

    I have directly or indirectly coached so many of the people many of you refer to as "gurus" a term I feel is so miused because franky ANYONE who teaches for a living is a guru. But the way it is used in IM is to refer to an "elite" group of marketers who are more celebrities than just marketing coaches. These guys should be called "Celeb markters" because that IS what they are and what causes so much rife for some marketers. The majority of IMers and many non-IMers are in fact ALL GURUS because they TEACh others for a living.

    I would like to see the term used in the right way eventually but that's up to you IMers.

    But I digress. Like I was saying... I was at the start of IM before all the rules and strategies you know and follow today were perfected, I helped to discover and perfect many of them.While I have made my share of mistakes in online marketing (everyone has, everyone, it's part of the learning process for all of us), I am also one of the most successful and widely respected IMers from the old school group many of you newer marketers may not even know.

    There are top level senior warriors that will easily back that up, just ask them.

    Now, don't for a minute think that any of it was easy. It was hard work from the first day. Some of it had to do with fighting to make a name for myself even though I had one of the so called weirdest sounding names online at the time. Some of it was tough because I had to fight with less than perfect technologies, outdated banking systems and many other roadblocks that IMers in the USA were immune from. When I eventually moved to the UK some of that changed and I'm grateful. But despite all the stress and work involved, I loved IM and led by example as best I could.

    So, it makes me cringe whenever I hear IMers make DOWNRIGHT prejudiced, biased statemets against people from Nigeria believing them to be scammers before they have even related to them. This is esepcially painful when those statements are made WITHOUT ever being qualified and making it clear it can't possibly be ALL nigerians that are scammers.

    Listen, there are MANY people who read and take on everything they read without questioning it depending on the source. This forum is one of the most trusted sources of content in IM so it hurts business when people post up "Nigerian Scam Alerts" that have NOTHING to do with IM but which eventually end up in battles against nigerian IMers as well.

    What makes it MOST annoying is when these newer Nigerian warriors usually so desperate to be accepted here start to follow the same trend and post up Nigerian Scam Alerts which from my investigations are not even justified based on total lack of evidence, and which have NOTHING to do with IM, but which eventually end up giving a bad name even to honest Nigerian IMers.

    These posts are ALLOWED to stay up and even allowed to go nuts. So, I got tired of it. And decided I would speak my mind in my own thread.

    The fact is when I started IM in 1997 I made it clear I was Nigerian because I wanted to make it clear to Americans, Europeans, Brits, Asians and Australians that there are Nigerians who are ethical business owners. I was tempted to hide myself behind a pen name in 1997 because I was sure no one would want to deal with me and I would suffer from the prejudice.

    But thankfully, a Polish friend of mine warned me against that stupid move and convinced me that if I came out as who I really am I would be respected and remembered if I did well. I took that advice and worked hard.

    Nigerians became trusted. So many non-Nigerians became my customers, friends and students. It was a job well done and the door was open (I felt permanently) for my ethical Nigerian brothers and sisters to make it in IM due to what I and other well known Nigerians had achieved on everyone's behalf.

    So, imagine my disappointment when I see newer warriors spewing all these prejudiced comments that affect business for me and other well meaning Nigerian warriors and IMers in general.

    Please guys, stop the prejudice. If you have facts, state them otherwise you're just hurting others for no reason.

    This post was inspired by many of the Nigerian Scam alert posts right here in the forum and especially by a post made my one very misguided newer Nigerian warrior marketer who posted a totally ridiculous Nigerian Scam alert that had NO CONNECTION to Nigerians even by his own admission in his OP.

    I started to realize that if no one did anything it could easily only get worse.

    So, I wanted to make it obvious to all who are prejudiced, there are more ethical Nigerians out there than you can shake a stick at. Many of these foolish Nigerians and non-Nigerians who send scam emails to unsuspecting people world wide have nothing to do with us or many of the people who run ethical local businesses too. Please STOP painting us with the same brush.

    We hate these guys as much as you do and we fight it in numerous ways. It doesn't help if while we're fighting it, you're attacking us too from all sides.

    I started this post with the headline "Nigerians are at it again" because I knew that would catch the attention of some if not all those who are eager to dump on Nigerians as well as those who thankfully argue in our favor even if they are not Nigerians themselves. But really that headline refers to the following story on Oprah... Author Uwem Akpan's Biography - Oprah.com

    The Nigerian based priest that wrote a book and was found by Oprah's team (he didn't from what I understand market himself to them), and then invited to appear on the Oprah show because his book was added to Oprah's book club list is just ONE of the Nigerians I refer to as ethical business and non-business people. There are MILLIONS of people like him you will probably NEVER hear about.

    However, please take the time to investigate what you are talking about and avoid prejudiced comments they will eventually reflect poorly on you anyway as prejudice always does. But even ignoring the bad karma that is likely, consider that there are fellow warriors like you who just happen to be from Nigeria who are ethical and just want to make a living like you.

    Stop making it unduly hard on these guys. It's just a heart felt request from a warrior who has more than paid his dues. You may do with that what you will.

    Take care folks and thanks for reading,

    Kunle Olomofe
    I have some good friends that are Nigerians; met them years ago while they were getting advanced degrees in this country. One --I call Uncle Joe, is Dr Joe Omojola who was nominated for and received one of the few United States teaching awards for superiority in teaching methods. He is a professor of Nuclear Engineering and Mathematics and I am proud to call him my friend.

    I liken the African spammers to spam telemarketers. There are spammers in most of the countries of the world and yet we do not label those countries spammers!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1981992].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HeySal
    You are serious? What's the catch, every time we pull more links you will say they aren't qualified sources? Steve is right - it's being said right amongst Congress, how is it you have missed it? You don't listen to C-Span. Check it out - there are plenty of archives that have both racial statements being made by Barry, and of other Congress reps slinging racism -- and there are plenty of comments on plenty of social media, blogs, and so forth that show public reaction - you don't need a reliable source to look at comments - what the people think, or what they think they are supposed to think, is what they say. You want resources. They have just been given to you -- it's on you to look them up via those sources. Just remember what I said in the other post and look at the structure of what is going on. Social Engineering at its finest, all over for anyone to study if they so choose. It's not a matter of a few links Tim.......it's a matter of clicking and reading. Look at what is and then form your opinion don't discount and cop it off that nobody is pointing you to it. It's a whole societal backlash and you need to see it and understand it. Look at posts on Digg -- and read the comments on posts, not just the posts - you will see the articles accusing bigotry and you will see the comments (i.e. opinions of the people, too) Ever just pull up a topic and watch the post roll on it on twitter? check out #gop #tlot #tcot #p2 and so forth.... You can use search as easily as the rest of us. I've seen you thrown hundreds of links and discount every one of them for one reason or another - you have the sources go spend a couple of days in the reality of what is happening live and leave your news channels to sit.
    Signature

    Sal
    When the Roads and Paths end, learn to guide yourself through the wilderness
    Beyond the Path

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1982006].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TimPhelan
      BS. I read as much as you Sal. I know what is going on out on the internet. I see down right disgusting racist pieces of garbage and also those on the other side who are easily offended and play the race card. I don't have to read Digg posts and comments. I asked Steve to point to some of the "many" Senators and Reps who apparently have said anyone who criticizes Obama is racist.

      Originally Posted by HeySal View Post

      You are serious? What's the catch, every time we pull more links you will say they aren't qualified sources? Steve is right - it's being said right amongst Congress, how is it you have missed it? You don't listen to C-Span. Check it out - there are plenty of archives that have both racial statements being made by Barry, and of other Congress reps slinging racism -- and there are plenty of comments on plenty of social media, blogs, and so forth that show public reaction - you don't need a reliable source to look at comments - what the people think, or what they think they are supposed to think, is what they say. You want resources. They have just been given to you -- it's on you to look them up via those sources. Just remember what I said in the other post and look at the structure of what is going on. Social Engineering at its finest, all over for anyone to study if they so choose. It's not a matter of a few links Tim.......it's a matter of clicking and reading. Look at what is and then form your opinion don't discount and cop it off that nobody is pointing you to it. It's a whole societal backlash and you need to see it and understand it. Look at posts on Digg -- and read the comments on posts, not just the posts - you will see the articles accusing bigotry and you will see the comments (i.e. opinions of the people, too) Ever just pull up a topic and watch the post roll on it on twitter? check out #gop #tlot #tcot #p2 and so forth.... You can use search as easily as the rest of us. I've seen you thrown hundreds of links and discount every one of them for one reason or another - you have the sources go spend a couple of days in the reality of what is happening live and leave your news channels to sit.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1982036].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seasoned
    TL,

    Pretend to believe what you will. I'm not going to get tied up in such a discussion here.

    It really IS incredible that people would feign such a belief though. How do you even know who the president is without reading any of the papers, the magazines, etc... One "representative" even went on record as saying that the teaparty was the KKK without hoods or robes.

    What the heck, I'll throw you a bone, just don't bury it HERE http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&r...=&oq=&gs_rfai=


    Steve
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1984419].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TLTheLiberator
      Originally Posted by seasoned View Post

      TL,

      Pretend to believe what you will. I'm not going to get tied up in such a discussion here.

      It really IS incredible that people would feign such a belief though. How do you even know who the president is without reading any of the papers, the magazines, etc... One "representative" even went on record as saying that the teaparty was the KKK without hoods or robes.

      What the heck, I'll throw you a bone, just don't bury it HERE +"tea party" +cohen +robes - Google Search


      Steve

      That's a good one, any more or is that it and that's very recent.

      So the dem congressman is saying the Tea Party people are racist right?

      Keith Obermann called them the confederacy reborn.

      Maybe there's a new propaganda thrust by democratic forces to isolate the Tea Party and all it stands for.

      I'm not saying all of them are racist but I will say that racism is the glue that brought them together and now it holds them together.

      The concerns about...

      ... taxes ( really stupid cause taxes on regular Americans have gone down )

      ... National debt: ( not a peep out of those people about the previous admin )

      ... Health Care: ( go figure? )

      ... Birtherism: ( please stop )

      ... Stop the spending: ( against the stimulus plan etc. )

      ( sorry but we need to invest our way out of this mess and the previous admin left town with a lot of obligations already on the books and a mess of an economy )

      ... The march to socialism/gov takeover:

      Do those people really know what they're talking about?


      90% of those folks voted against change (Obama) when it was pretty clear for any Jr. American historian that more of the same ( the party in power ) is not what the Dr. ordered for this nation.

      Why couldn't they get it?

      I wonder why??


      It's an ugly truth about many of the Tea Party people but it needs to be brought to light.


      I bet if truth serum was injected into all of them, more than half to 75% would admit it.


      I bet a full 25%-50% are birthers - a sure sign of the big R.


      ( why would anyone allow themselves to believe that in the first place? )


      With most Tea Party people, their probs with the prez revolve around race and most/all of their so-called concerns are just window dressing supplied by the professionals.


      TL
      Signature

      "It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. -- Mark Twain

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1984593].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tony M.
    Hey am I the only one to be annoyed by American people hijacking this thread with politics ?
    lol

    I just find it awesome that some guy is posting a legitimate request to give his fellow Nigerian businessmen the benefit of the doubt...
    and you guys found a way to make this about black people, then black people in America, then American headlines and American politics.

    I understand that this is a US-based forum, but come on....
    If there's such a thing as off-topic, we're beyond it.

    Tony
    Signature

    Mass Control users might want to read this :
    How you can multiply the results of the 4 day Cash Machine

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1988075].message }}

Trending Topics