Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty

by abednego 6 replies
Anyone picking up the game tonight?

If so, who wants to be schooled?
#off topic forum
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
    You know what's funny? Just about a week ago, I came here asking for
    game suggestions and in my searching came across the original Starcraft.

    Well, I ordered it and it just came in the mail yesterday. I had NO idea there
    was a Starcraft 2 release until I saw the Google Trends this morning and
    saw it was number 7 on the hit parade.

    How is that for co-inky-dink?

    Oh, and Starcraft looks like a really cool game.

    For you old time gamers who may not have tried it, think the original Doom.
    It's that kind of game.

    I've always loved those games.

    Another great one, if you're interested, is Space Colony. It's a little more
    light hearted and even funny at times, but make no mistake about it, it's
    a tough game.

    And, like Starcraft, you can customize your own worlds and missions.

    I've been playing Space Colony on and off for some time now. Probably
    close to a year.

    Anyway, have fun with Starcraft 2. I'm sure it will keep you busy for hours.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2394235].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mainstreetcm
    I have been waiting for SC2 since I was 13 years old. So I can't wait to pick it up tonight! I just hope my freaking local walmart has it. They have a tendency to not get anything when it first comes out. (I live in a pretty small town).

    Not too excited about spending $60 for it, but feel it will be worth it. My productivity is going to decrease this week haha!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2395020].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ~kev~
    SC2 = took too long to develop, it should have been released 5 - 8 years ago, not today.

    I'am going to pass SC2 up and keep on waiting for diablo III.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2395570].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mainstreetcm
      Originally Posted by ~kev~ View Post

      SC2 = took too long to develop, it should have been released 5 - 8 years ago, not today.

      I'am going to pass SC2 up and keep on waiting for diablo III.
      Yeah I never got into Diablo, Star Craft and Fallout were my homebase games when I was a kid. Just bought the game, can't wait for it to finish installing
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2397217].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author abednego
    Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post

    You know what's funny? Just about a week ago, I came here asking for
    game suggestions and in my searching came across the original Starcraft.

    Well, I ordered it and it just came in the mail yesterday. I had NO idea there
    was a Starcraft 2 release until I saw the Google Trends this morning and
    saw it was number 7 on the hit parade.

    How is that for co-inky-dink?

    Oh, and Starcraft looks like a really cool game.

    For you old time gamers who may not have tried it, think the original Doom.
    It's that kind of game.

    I've always loved those games.

    Another great one, if you're interested, is Space Colony. It's a little more
    light hearted and even funny at times, but make no mistake about it, it's
    a tough game.

    And, like Starcraft, you can customize your own worlds and missions.

    I've been playing Space Colony on and off for some time now. Probably
    close to a year.

    Anyway, have fun with Starcraft 2. I'm sure it will keep you busy for hours.
    I'll be sure to check out Space Colony once I'm done with Starcraft II! Have you played the original yet? Its a classic, in my opinion

    Originally Posted by blueboy9 View Post

    I'll be playing SC2 for sure, picking up a copy today. I just hope it doesn't fail me out of University just like the first one did haha!
    Originally Posted by mainstreetcm View Post

    I have been waiting for SC2 since I was 13 years old. So I can't wait to pick it up tonight! I just hope my freaking local walmart has it. They have a tendency to not get anything when it first comes out. (I live in a pretty small town).

    Not too excited about spending $60 for it, but feel it will be worth it. My productivity is going to decrease this week haha!
    What do you guys think of the game?
    I think its really good. Love the cinematics.

    A lot of people are really harping on the game for having only one campaign... but I don't blame Blizzard for wanting to make more money off additional add ons....

    Plus, I'd much rather have a single 30 hour human campaign... than 3 x 10 hour campaigns...

    ---

    .... so you guys wanna play online sometime?

    Originally Posted by Ken_Caudill View Post

    Starcraft is the best computer game ever. I will buy Starcraft 2 eventually. It is the only computer game I play.
    haha - thats how most people feel about World of Warcraft.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2431612].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics