17 replies
  • OFF TOPIC
  • |
Ahh .... I understand why posts don't count in this forum, I guess I also understand why no "Thanks" but I often see so many great comments on this forum that desrve a Thank you .

Yesterday I could still give a thank you today nothing, any insights as to why. (not critisizing the decision as i said i kind of see why just wondering.)

EDIT: I thought we were not allowed to thank on the off topic forum but it was just because my quota had run out.... I was just so thankfull for all the help
  • Profile picture of the author KenThompson
    Is that what you're talking about?

    Ken
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2431803].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lawrh
    You have a limited quota of "Thanks" in a given 24 hour period. Wait a day and you can "thank again".
    Signature

    “Strategy without action is a day-dream; action without strategy is a nightmare.” – Old Japanese proverb -

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2431807].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author KenThompson
      Originally Posted by Lawrh View Post

      You have a limited quota of "Thanks" in a given 24 hour period. Wait a day and you can "thank again".
      Is there a difference between limited and unlimited quotas?

      Just curious, Lawrence, or am I just being a smartass?

      Ken
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2431811].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Lawrh
        Originally Posted by KenThompson View Post

        Is there a difference between limited and unlimited quotas?

        Just curious, Lawrence, or am I just being a smartass?

        Ken
        You're the one with the gluteous maximus intellegentis, don't you know?

        L.
        Signature

        “Strategy without action is a day-dream; action without strategy is a nightmare.” – Old Japanese proverb -

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2431824].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author KenThompson
          Originally Posted by Lawrh View Post

          You're the one with the gluteous maximus intellegentis, don't you know?

          L.
          About time, sir rocket scientist. I was waiting almost 10 minutes
          for **********SOMETHING************ lol

          Ken
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2431827].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alfred Shelver
      Now i feel so stupid ... I tried to thank and its because my personal quota ran out and it just so happened I saw it while on the off topic forum.

      Okay I understand.

      Thanks for the thanks (I PROMISE I WAS NOT FISHING FOR THANKS....I must admit though if that was on purpose that was genius )

      Originally Posted by Lawrh View Post

      You have a limited quota of "Thanks" in a given 24 hour period. Wait a day and you can "thank again".
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2431833].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KenThompson
    Hey Cathy...

    Naww... you're not stupid. New members pull this one all the time
    so they can score more 'thanks.'

    We saw ya comin' two counties away.

    Ken
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2431830].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lawrh
    Lack of knowledge is NOT stupid. It would only be stupid if you bashed your forehead on the keyboard in frustration and called Paul Meyers obscene names. You were just puzzled why something wasn't working anymore.

    Unless I missed something...
    Signature

    “Strategy without action is a day-dream; action without strategy is a nightmare.” – Old Japanese proverb -

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2431862].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author KenThompson
      Originally Posted by Lawrh View Post

      Unless I missed something...



      Ken
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2431867].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alfred Shelver
      Yes you are right, but I should have known better well now I do ... And if i had any left I would have thanked you

      Originally Posted by Lawrh View Post

      Lack of knowledge is NOT stupid. It would only be stupid if you bashed your forehead on the keyboard in frustration and called Paul Meyers obscene names. You were just puzzled why something wasn't working anymore.

      Unless I missed something...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2431872].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author KenThompson
        Originally Posted by Cathy Shelver View Post

        And if i had any left I would have thanked you
        Oh geez... ok, ok... I'll help you out. Just this once.

        You can paypal me $20, later.

        Ken
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2431877].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Alfred Shelver
          LOL -Be careful you might start people selling WF Thank you's on other not so reputable places.

          Originally Posted by KenThompson View Post

          Oh geez... ok, ok... I'll help you out. Just this once.

          You can paypal me $20, later.

          Ken
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2431898].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author KenThompson
            Originally Posted by Cathy Shelver View Post

            LOL -Be careful you might start people selling WF Thank you's on other not so reputable places.
            Are you kidding me?

            Lawrence has been pimping his 'thank you's' all over BC
            for months. Seriously. LOL


            Ken
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2431906].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lawrh
    BC? I'm in Alberta...
    Signature

    “Strategy without action is a day-dream; action without strategy is a nightmare.” – Old Japanese proverb -

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2431934].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author KenThompson
      Originally Posted by Lawrh View Post

      BC? I'm in Alberta...
      Oh... it's all... up there. All the same thang.


      Ken
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2432027].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nigrilaforever
    You guys loled me, I fell I became stupid
    Signature

    My blog

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2432041].message }}

Trending Topics