Obama Would Be Most Anti-Gun President In History If Elected...

by TE2
30 replies
  • OFF TOPIC
  • |
On the Second Amendment, Don't Believe Obama!

"On the campaign trail, Senator Obama hides behind carefully chosen words and vague statements of support for sportsmen and gun rights to sidestep and camouflage the truth. But even he can't hide from the truth forever... his voting record, political associations, and long standing positions make it clear that, if elected, Barack Obama would be the most anti-gun president in American history. The facts speak for themselves. This election day, vote to defend freedom...because if Obama wins, you lose."

See video and voting record at: Gun BaN Obama

Regards,

John
  • Profile picture of the author espacecadet
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[216854].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KimW
    Most democrats I have known are against guns NO ONE needs.
    I've seen plenty of bills to ban handguns,which you don't need to shoot game,and to ban the average citizen to ban AK47s and semi automatic machine guns, which again, the average citicen has no legitimate need for,
    Signature

    Read A Post.
    Subscribe to a Newsletter
    KimWinfrey.Com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[217097].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Wakunahum
      Originally Posted by KimW View Post

      Most democrats I have known are against guns NO ONE needs.
      I've seen plenty of bills to ban handguns,which you don't need to shoot game,and to ban the average citizen to ban AK47s and semi automatic machine guns, which again, the average citicen has no legitimate need for,
      There are many things we don't NEED that we have the freedom to purchase and use.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[217115].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author KimW
        Originally Posted by Wakunahum View Post

        There are many things we don't NEED that we have the freedom to purchase and use.
        Such as? And of course I'm talking about things that are used for crime and/or killing other
        human beings.

        Don't get me wrong, I do believe that American citizens have the right to own guns,but you tell me ,what circumstances do you need to own an AK47 or an automatic machine gun?
        Signature

        Read A Post.
        Subscribe to a Newsletter
        KimWinfrey.Com

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[217185].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Wakunahum
          Originally Posted by KimW View Post

          Such as? And of course I'm talking about things that are used for crime and/or killing other human beings.
          Alcohol
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[217214].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author KimW
            Originally Posted by Wakunahum View Post

            Alcohol
            can't argue with that.
            Signature

            Read A Post.
            Subscribe to a Newsletter
            KimWinfrey.Com

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[217222].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Barry Davis
          Originally Posted by KimW View Post

          Don't get me wrong, I do believe that American citizens have the right to own guns,but you tell me ,what circumstances do you need to own an AK47 or an automatic machine gun?
          For when Obama's SS troops kick down my door because I don't agree with him on some issue.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[217238].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author KimW
            Originally Posted by Barry Davis View Post

            For when Obama's SS troops kick down my door because I don't agree with him on some issue.
            Considering how bush ignored our constitution and actually named something The Patriot Act, which was wholy anti American, this statement really borders on the absurd, even for you.
            Signature

            Read A Post.
            Subscribe to a Newsletter
            KimWinfrey.Com

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[217272].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author TE2
          Originally Posted by KimW View Post

          Most democrats I have known are against guns NO ONE needs.
          I've seen plenty of bills to ban handguns,which you don't need to shoot game,and to ban the average citizen to ban AK47s and semi automatic machine guns, which again, the average citicen has no legitimate need for,
          And of course, Democrats desire to decide which ones you don't need.

          And how do you know you don't need a handgun to shoot game? I can think of a few reasons to have one when shooting game. I can also see need for self-defense.

          Semi automatic and machine gun are mutually exclusive terms. Machine guns are not available to the general public. You have to be military or possess a hard to get class III FFL.

          Originally Posted by KimW View Post

          Such as? And of course I'm talking about things that are used for crime and/or killing other human beings.
          So by that logic, anything that kills a human being should be banned. Like:

          1. Knives
          2. Crow bars
          3. Beer bottles
          4. Pillows
          5. Shovels
          6. And on...
          The bottom line is... People kill people!

          I have yet to see a gun levitate and shoot someone. I have never seen a knife rise unassisted and stab anyone. And so...

          People kill people. Period - end of story.

          We have plenty of gun laws already, too many IMHO. What we don't always have is complete enforcement or proper sentencing of those who would kill.

          Like the late Charleton Heston said; "You can have my gun when you can pry it from my cold dead fingers".

          John
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[217359].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Barry Davis
            This is the gun I'm planning on getting. My buddy has one and it is awesome!

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[217364].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author KimW
            Originally Posted by TE2 View Post

            And of course, Democrats desire to decide which ones you don't need.

            No,the elected representatives that represent the public should.

            And how do you know you don't need a handgun to shoot game? I can think of a few reasons to have one when shooting game. I can also see need for self-defense.

            You are right, the one time I can see you needing a handgun to shoot game is when you have wounded it and need to put it out of it's misery.

            Semi automatic and machine gun are mutually exclusive terms. Machine guns are not available to the general public. You have to be military or possess a hard to get class III FFL.

            No, you don't have to be military or posess a class III FFL. That may be the law , but it's not the truth.



            So by that logic, anything that kills a human being should be banned. Like:

            1. Knives
            2. Crow bars
            3. Beer bottles
            4. Pillows
            5. Shovels
            6. And on...
            No, you're being rediculous and you know it.

            The bottom line is... People kill people!
            Yes,people kill people.


            I have yet to see a gun levitate and shoot someone. I have never seen a knife rise unassisted and stab anyone. And so...

            I have, but I can't remember what movie I saw it in!

            People kill people. Period - end of story.

            True, but we don't have to make it easy for them to do so.


            We have plenty of gun laws already, too many IMHO. What we don't always have is complete enforcement or proper sentencing of those who would kill.

            The first part I disagree with, the second part I do agree with.

            Like the late Charleton Heston said; "You can have my gun when you can pry it from my cold dead fingers".

            And where is he now?

            John
            (I'm adding this because for some reason it's saying my message is too short?)
            Signature

            Read A Post.
            Subscribe to a Newsletter
            KimWinfrey.Com

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[217382].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author TE2
              Originally Posted by KimW View Post

              (I'm adding this because for some reason it's saying my message is too short?)

              Kim,

              That's because you replied within the quote box and it did not see your text.

              Also - I am glad to see we do have some common ground. You just mighht be salvageable

              John
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[217402].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author KimW
                Originally Posted by TE2 View Post

                Kim,

                That's because you replied within the quote box and it did not see your text.

                Also - I am glad to see we do have some common ground. You just mighht be salvageable

                John
                John,
                I actually like playing the devil's advocate, so sometimes what I say is more what I believe in the very broadest terms, such as what is written in our constitution and our bill of rights more than my own personal feelings
                Signature

                Read A Post.
                Subscribe to a Newsletter
                KimWinfrey.Com

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[217426].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author TE2
                  Originally Posted by KimW View Post

                  John,
                  I actually like playing the devil's advocate, so sometimes what I say is more what I believe in the very broadest terms, such as what is written in our constitution and our bill of rights more than my own personal feelings
                  There you go again - I agree with you.

                  Thanks for keeping it lively.

                  I'm heading to the weekend now.

                  Later,

                  John
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[217436].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Mike Wright
        Surely, the Constitution only gives Americans the right
        to BEAR arms ..... not to fire them at anybody else.

        Wave a gun at anybody in the UK and refuse to put it down
        when ordered to, then the cops nowadays will swiftly ensure
        that the weapon is removed from your cold dead hand

        When ordinary private citizens feel the need to carry firearms
        to protect themselves against fellow citizens .... then that
        society and Law and Order has failed badly. Change is needed!

        I and many others including Americans remain unconvinced by
        the arguments of the gun lobbies or NRA.

        As the old adage says...
        "There is no reason where there is no sense."

        Trick or Treat anyone?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[217288].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Barry Davis
          Originally Posted by Mike Wright View Post

          When ordinary private citizens feel the need to carry firearms
          to protect themselves against fellow citizens .... then that
          society and Law and Order has failed badly. Change is needed!

          I and many others including Americans remain unconvinced by
          the arguments of the gun lobbies or NRA.
          Well, you wouldn't like living here then. 48 States have some time of conceal and carry law here in the USA.

          Here are the rules in my State:
          http://www.kentuckystatepolice.org/conceal.htm
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[217306].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Mike Wright
            Originally Posted by Barry Davis View Post

            Well, you wouldn't like living here then. 48 States have some time of conceal and carry law here in the USA.

            Here are the rules in my State:
            Kentucky State Police: Concealed Deadly Weapons
            Thats even more stupid ...especially as they probably hand out the
            licences to anyone who can sign an "x".

            Keep it all in your own homeland, things will be fine and dandy.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[217393].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Barry Davis
              Originally Posted by Mike Wright View Post

              Keep it all in your own homeland, things will be fine and dandy.
              Back at ya!
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[217403].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Mike Wright
                Originally Posted by Barry Davis View Post

                Back at ya!
                I am proxy batting on behalf of my American Aunt who is
                over 90 years of age, frail and losing her sight. Countless times over recent years she tells me how she detests what Bush and the GOP
                have done to her country. She bought a couple of huge screen TVs
                so she can just about see whats going on on TV, but has no
                interest in these new-fangled computer things.

                I don't like what Bush & Blair did to my own country either.

                SO, double back at ya ... my Aunt has already voted for Obama
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[218631].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KimW
    Sorry, I did edit my post. I don't own a gun right now,but I have in the past, and I possibly will again in the future. I am NOT for the government taking away our rights to own guns, but I do believe that we need better control over who gets them. I'm sick of reading about some 15 years old that takes daddy's gun to school and pops a cap into his teacher because he could'nt answer a question in class and therefore ,in the kid's mind, the teacher has disrepected him :rolleyes:
    Signature

    Read A Post.
    Subscribe to a Newsletter
    KimWinfrey.Com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[217198].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Barry Davis
    I'm not sure what adsurb means?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[217278].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author KimW
      Originally Posted by Barry Davis View Post

      I'm not sure what adsurb means?
      Me either!
      Signature

      Read A Post.
      Subscribe to a Newsletter
      KimWinfrey.Com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[217297].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KimW
    Well, according to you,that would change if Obama wins.
    Now, in fours years let's revisit this subject and see how much it really has changed.
    Signature

    Read A Post.
    Subscribe to a Newsletter
    KimWinfrey.Com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[217333].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Shane Bryan
    I enjoyed reading through this thread. As an Alaskan I am very much pro-gun. Guns are part of our life up here. Go Sarah!

    Also just posted this on Digg.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[219313].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alex Sol
    Guns are still easily available in the USA?
    Wow... welcome to 1900's...
    Signature
    Alex Sol, Full time online marketer since 2007
    The Extra Paycheck Blog | Extra Paycheck Podcast
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[220389].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author pcalvert
      A recent e-mail from a friend of mine:

      The four wannabe tyrants who voted against individual rights in the Heller decision cited scholarship claiming guns rights are state rights, not individual rights. That scholarship was faked by in effect passing bogus articles back and forth from law review citation to law review citation. This made it look like there was or is a considerable body of academic work coming up with the states' rights conclusion.

      The outfit responsible for faking the academic work: The Joyce Foundation.

      Care to guess who was involved with the Joyce Foundation at the time?

      Every time you turn over one of this guy's rocks slimy bugs crawl out.
      Signature

      "If a cat sits on a hot stove, that cat won't sit on a hot stove again.
      That cat won't sit on a cold stove either." - Mark Twain

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[220456].message }}

Trending Topics