Billery for Secretary of State? Nooooooooooo!

42 replies
  • OFF TOPIC
  • |
Please keep the oily Clinton clan out of my face. I can't stand them.

Secretary of State is a highly visible post. Obama don't make your first mistake already.

There was so much smoke and mirrors with both Clintons during his administration - so many shady deals and sure they were cleared but soooo much - where there is smoke there is usually always fire, whether it is swept under the rug or not.

Is this the best we can do?

Reinstate the 'ANYBODY but Hitlery' campaign.
  • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
    I'm going to email Andrew Cavanagh and ask him if he has a spare room
    for rent.

    I might even contact Kevin Riley to see what HE has available.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[253482].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dave Patterson
      Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post


      I might even contact Kevin Riley to see what HE has available.
      Ummm...I think you have to be approved by the medical staff before you can be placed on his visitors list.
      Signature
      Professional Googler
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[253516].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gareth
    Yes we can thank clinty boy for internet kiddie porn.
    Signature

    Gareth M Thomas
    Serial Entrepreneur
    Auckland, New Zealand

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[253526].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Wright
      Originally Posted by gareth View Post

      Yes we can thank clinty boy for internet kiddie porn.
      Is that what passes for Kiwi entertainment when
      Billy Connoly is not touring there ...and the sheep
      are getting a good night's sleep for once ?

      Only about 6 weeks until Baaather Xmas inserts
      himself iinto your chimney ....mwuhahahaaaaaa
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[253589].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author myob
        Actually I think that offering Hillary Clinton the position of Secretary of State would be a brilliant tactical maneuver by Obama. He is a masterful strategist and tactician; these kind of things are well thought out. Obama really does not like the Clintons either, and offering her that position would at least get her and maybe even hubby out of the country for long stretches. I feel bad for the other countries where she gets sent to, though
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[253811].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author whoops
          Not that I really care but I think it could be worse......he could be considering Sarah Palin
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[253845].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Gary Mader
            This may not be a bad thing. I heard that if she is put into this position and Obama doesn't like her he can fire her and her political days are over. Hilary and Mr. C are history, there may be a method to his madness.
            Signature

            http://www.YourHomeBizSolution.com Proven Home Business and Work at Home Ideas and Opportunities

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[260307].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author ThomM
              She hasn't messed up New York yet :p

              Oh wait a minute, you can't mess up a mess
              Signature

              Life: Nature's way of keeping meat fresh
              Getting old ain't for sissy's
              As you are I was, as I am you will be
              You can't fix stupid, but you can always out smart it.

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[260897].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Rob Perks
                It would be anovel idea if Obama made any real decision worth swat?

                Go the International Banksters.

                You`re all welcome in the land of Ozz though.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[262169].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author ThomM
                  Originally Posted by smartcookie View Post

                  It would be anovel idea if Obama made any real decision worth swat?

                  Go the International Banksters.

                  You`re all welcome in the land of Ozz though
                  .
                  You say that now, wait till we get there:rolleyes:
                  Signature

                  Life: Nature's way of keeping meat fresh
                  Getting old ain't for sissy's
                  As you are I was, as I am you will be
                  You can't fix stupid, but you can always out smart it.

                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[262307].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author gareth
          Originally Posted by myob View Post

          Actually I think that offering Hillary Clinton the position of Secretary of State would be a brilliant tactical maneuver by Obama. He is a masterful strategist and tactician; these kind of things are well thought out. Obama really does not like the Clintons either, and offering her that position would at least get her and maybe even hubby out of the country for long stretches. I feel bad for the other countries where she gets sent to, though

          Hell yeah she can spent her time at spy training school in China
          Signature

          Gareth M Thomas
          Serial Entrepreneur
          Auckland, New Zealand

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[269045].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Patrician
    Smarmy Bill - hmmm - I saw a clip where he said he never would have been president if he hadn't been in to music?

    huh?
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[262896].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dave Patterson
      Originally Posted by Patrician View Post

      Smarmy Bill - hmmm - I saw a clip where he said he never would have been president if he hadn't been in to music?

      huh?
      He was at a concert where he smoked the weed he didn't inhale where he met the chicken feed salsemans daughter who he didn't marry who later introduced him to Hillary.

      And that's how he got to be president.
      Signature
      Professional Googler
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[262934].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Patrician
    ...and went on to not have sex with the intern on the hill, in the oval office, while Hitlery never stayed home baking cookies.

    Play it WillieC...
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[263319].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author derekwong28
    "Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer."

    Sun-tzu
    Chinese general & military strategist (~400 BC)
    Signature

    Do not get between a wombat and a chocolate biscuit; you will regret it dearly!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[263925].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tgr
    I thought we were through with Billary? What happened? I've been in the White House, what's the big deal to live there? Oh, sorry I forgot that someone else pay's the bills. I just thought it was tooo drafty! Bye Now!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[264001].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Patrician
    LOL. Billary. (gag me with a spoon)

    Well now the word is Slick Willy is willing to make 'considerable concessions' to enable the little lady to be vetted.

    The thing is somebody better hold him to it and keep a close watch on his slithering ways after the fact. (just based on his past 'performance' in regard to the truth).

    This is crazy. I am really afraid they are going to weezle their way back in to 'the limelight'. DRAT!
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[264591].message }}
  • Originally Posted by Patrician View Post


    There was so much smoke and mirrors with both Clintons during his administration - so many shady deals and sure they were cleared but soooo much - where there is smoke there is usually always fire, whether it is swept under the rug or not.
    .
    To be fair that despite the best efforts of their detractors in Washington nothing other the Bill's affair with Lewinsky was found to be true.

    The "Whitewater scandal" was nothing more than a property deal they lost money on.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[264641].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Patrician
    To be fair that despite the best efforts of their detractors in Washington nothing other the Bill's affair with Lewinsky was found to be true.
    That we know of. With all due respect, who really knows what gets 'swept under the rug' there on 'the hill'? I find myself saying over and over it's all 'smoke and mirrors' and 'where there is smoke there is fire.'

    It just seemed like one thing after the other and my memory is not perfect so it may be that it was all related to 'Whitewater' or 'whitewash'.

    I find it very odd that they say Vince Foster committed suicide - you wonder what he knew (was that his name?) and why he would do that? OR was it staged to look like suicide?

    Don't mind me, I have a general distrust for the whole dog and pony show whether starring left or right - and if my facts are wrong, I apologize, and I know you won't hesitate to correct me (I just really started paying attention).

    ...however, would it be true to say that he was dead wrong in shutting down most of the military bases in California, (within missile firing range of North Korea), weakening our defense nationally, and leaving our military in shambles to the extent that many killed at the outset of the Iraq war were due to insufficient protective gear and equipment - (but hey he boasts a budget surplus. Wonder if there is any connection, duh),

    - yeh I know it was Bush/Rumsfeld equally to blame for not doing something about that - I have never, ever before in my lifetime worried about our defense being vulnerable - now it sounds like we are stretched so thin and our military are suffering while serving - not just in the usual sense but we are weakened.

    Slick Willy's other 'claim to fame' is NAFTA, one of the most harmful ploys that has ever decimated our citizens and our economy - that and the NAFTA highway will be the final nail in the coffin.

    Oh, and don't forget sub-prime mortgages started with his admin and that 14 million illegal aliens did not just suddenly show up on Bush's watch, hello? (again, I realize he did little to stop it either)

    So if this is 'found to be true'. Who needs sex scandals? By the way on that, the fact it was done on the premises of the nations executive offices was really really sleezy. Get a room, Willie.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[264714].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author myob
      Obama is expected to nominate Hilary Clinton as Secretary of State just after Thanksgiving.
      The turkey is in the oven.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[266743].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Patrician
    eeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[269105].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ThomM
      Just to start an argument.
      What exactly has Hillary done to any of you to make you think she isn't right for the job?
      Signature

      Life: Nature's way of keeping meat fresh
      Getting old ain't for sissy's
      As you are I was, as I am you will be
      You can't fix stupid, but you can always out smart it.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[269132].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Patrician
        #1 - Married Bill Clinton

        (Refer to my post above, #20 for Y that)

        #2 - Her attitude

        #3 - Her remark as 1st lady about she is "no 'Stand by Your Man' little lady that stays home and bakes cookies".

        Then in typical Clinton-Version-of-Bent-Truth, she frickin stood by her man when he committed adultury in front of the whole nation, when most of us cookie bakers would have walked.

        Paradoxically, that was the same thing that gave me a little new respect for her because she totally held her composure through what must have been humiliating.

        #4 Maybe just a rumor, (OP caved, deleted comment)

        Makes ya want to barf,

        Originally Posted by ThomM View Post

        Just to start an argument.
        What exactly has Hillary done to any of you to make you think she isn't right for the job?
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[269533].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author ThomM
          Lets see the republicans spend 8 years trying to find something to impeach BC on and ended up with nothing but him telling a lie about an affair.
          Sure she stayed by him, they have been married for ever and are truly best friends.
          Illegals where coming here long before he took office.
          The improperly equipped military was more bushes fault, he had the time and money to get them what they needed and blew it.
          NAFTA is almost a thing of the past as Mexico, Canada, and the US don't want to renew it.
          So basically your judging Hillary on her husband and most of those assumptions are wrong.
          He shut down military bases that weren't needed. He closed some in NY also big deal.
          Signature

          Life: Nature's way of keeping meat fresh
          Getting old ain't for sissy's
          As you are I was, as I am you will be
          You can't fix stupid, but you can always out smart it.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[269561].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Patrician
            :p

            You say tomatoes and I say to-mah-tos.

            I hope you are right about NAFTA.

            I still think he is an oily sleeze and it has to rub off on yur 'best friend'.

            naaahhh.


            Originally Posted by ThomM View Post

            Lets see the republicans spend 8 years trying to find something to impeach BC on and ended up with nothing but him telling a lie about an affair.
            Sure she stayed by him, they have been married for ever and are truly best friends.
            Illegals where coming here long before he took office.
            The improperly equipped military was more bushes fault, he had the time and money to get them what they needed and blew it.
            NAFTA is almost a thing of the past as Mexico, Canada, and the US don't want to renew it.
            So basically your judging Hillary on her husband and most of those assumptions are wrong.
            He shut down military bases that weren't needed. He closed some in NY also big deal.
            Signature
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[269576].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author ThomM
              Originally Posted by Patrician View Post

              :p

              You say tomatoes and I say to-mah-tos.

              I hope you are right about NAFTA.

              I still think he is an oily sleeze and it has to rub off on yur 'best friend'.

              naaahhh.
              Just because I'm playing the devils advocate doesn't make anyone my best friend Pat.
              We still have at least two criminals that may slip through the cracks here and get away with what they have done in the last 8 years because now the focus is on O and H instead of on GW and Chaney.
              You all are saying Bill was a sleaze yet compared to Bush he doesn't look so bad to me.
              Now O is creating his administration in the same vain as Lincoln(sp),
              who was also elected with no real experience yet was one of our greatest presidents.

              Watch what the O administration does and if it screws up then we should yell, scream, protest, and do anything else we can to stop it.
              But until then we should still be focused on putting at least GW and Chaney behind bars for a very long time if not executed.
              Signature

              Life: Nature's way of keeping meat fresh
              Getting old ain't for sissy's
              As you are I was, as I am you will be
              You can't fix stupid, but you can always out smart it.

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[270246].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author gareth
        Originally Posted by ThomM View Post

        Just to start an argument.
        What exactly has Hillary done to make you think she isn't right for the job?
        Married Bill.
        Signature

        Gareth M Thomas
        Serial Entrepreneur
        Auckland, New Zealand

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[269710].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author David Maschke
    Nobody so far has noticed what is going on.

    Clinton is going to dept of state
    Daschle, I believe, is going to dept of health
    A Fed guy is going to treasury.

    Power from the different branches are being consolidated, and
    we'll see the greatest wealth robbery history has ever seen.
    Signature

    I

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[269151].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Rob Perks
      Originally Posted by David Maschke View Post

      Nobody so far has noticed what is going on.

      Clinton is going to dept of state
      Daschle, I believe, is going to dept of health
      A Fed guy is going to treasury.

      Power from the different branches are being consolidated, and
      we'll see the greatest wealth robbery history has ever seen.

      Well said.

      And the robbery is only in it's first stage.

      Wait until it hits the 2nd stage...

      Wowwa. I wouldn't want to be living in the US in these times.

      -Rob
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[269299].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Andy Money
        /me has never heard a single compelling reason for trashing Hillary. Seems to be a pretty fashionable thing to do though.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[269406].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author TimPhelan
          I watched her in a campaign appearance in New Hampshire take 3 or 4 questions from the audience at once, remember each one, then spend the next thirty minutes answering them in detail. I can't imagine too many people who could do that without making a fool of themselves. Very intelligent and capable. I didn't like what she said a lot of the time though. In fact I hated her campaigning for a few months.

          Originally Posted by mrsleep99 View Post

          /me has never heard a single compelling reason for trashing Hillary. Seems to be a pretty fashionable thing to do though.
          Signature
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[269485].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Ellis
    This doesn't jibe so well with the "let's get away from the 20+ years of dealing with either a Clinton or Bush..." talk. However, assuming she does take the job, it's probably safe to say she wouldn't challenge him in 4 years... Maybe that's a part of the thinking.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[269759].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author derekwong28
    Why wasn't she offered secretary of heatlh instead? This is an issue close to her heart. Like Obama, she would have wanted to concentrate on domestic rather than international issues. I say that this is a ploy to get her out of the way.
    Signature

    Do not get between a wombat and a chocolate biscuit; you will regret it dearly!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[269826].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Patrician
    Well sorry Thom, but I couldn't agree more (how are we going to argue).

    I didn't mean to imply she was YOUR best friend, but you said of course H stands by HER BF.

    My thing is if you 'lie down with dogs you get fleas' (all apologies to actual canine BFs). Or 'birds of a feather'. She is up to her ears in anything he is up to.

    You won't get any party animal arguments from me, I don't trust any of them, Dem or Rep. What I do resent is how the one will always try to hamper the efforts of the one in power. Essentially causing nothing to ever get done.

    I do understand the concept of 'checks and balances', however I don't believe our lives should be at the mercy of a pissing contest. If there is a good reason why something needs to be investigated or stopped, by all means go for it. However it is not a game.

    Honestly, I am not against O at all. I wasn't for him, but I wasn't for Mc either. I hope you are right and he turns out to be a Lincoln. There is no reason he couldn't be.

    I do know he is facing some huge challenges and I think he is up to it. I just pray that he is able to make big changes fast.

    I am very pleased at his choice for Home Land Security which is one of the paramount issues to me with regard to our so-called borders.

    As well, I have seen some good intentions with regard to stopping the bleeding of our jobs and industries to foreign countries. Let's hope he means it and he actually has the power to affect actual changes and not just lip service.

    Maybe Billery will even surprise me. At least she is not in a postion to touch certain areas like mandatory health insurance and a few of her other communist agendas.

    As for B & C in jail, I think that is not going to happen. If it does I think Paulson should be first to sit in 'the chair'.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[270535].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ThomM
      As for B & C in jail, I think that is not going to happen. If it does I think Paulson should be first to sit in 'the chair'.
      AFP: Texas jury indicts Cheney, Gonzalez in prison abuse case

      Looks like Cheney and Gonzalez may be first.
      Signature

      Life: Nature's way of keeping meat fresh
      Getting old ain't for sissy's
      As you are I was, as I am you will be
      You can't fix stupid, but you can always out smart it.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[270594].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kay King
        #4
        That's ridiculous - do you have to go that far to express dislike for a politician?

        I think Hillary would be an excellent choice - she knows many world leaders and is respected as someone who understands global politics and as someone who doesn't back down from their position.

        My own respect for Obama has grown with some of his decisions for various cabinet posts. He's been picking people with some great credentials and experience - instead of appointing cronies and groupies.

        The most used Bill Clinton plan is FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act) - and he seldom is given credit for it. He managed to get that act through a Republican Congress, which means that workers are now guaranteed their jobs remain after a maternity leave or medical time off.

        It's fine not to like a particular politician - but the anti-Clinton rhetoric year after year has reached ridiculous heights where stories are made up and passed on as fact.

        kay
        Signature
        Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world changes forever for that one dog
        ***
        It actually doesn't take much to be considered a 'difficult woman' -
        that's why there are so many of us.
        ...jane goodall
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[270641].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ecoverartist
      Originally Posted by Patrician View Post

      Well sorry Thom, but I couldn't agree more (how are we going to argue).
      As well, I have seen some good intentions with regard to stopping the bleeding of our jobs and industries to foreign countries. Let's hope he means it and he actually has the power to affect actual changes and not just lip service.....

      As for B & C in jail, I think that is not going to happen. If it does I think Paulson should be first to sit in 'the chair'.
      I wish I could give multiple thanks in a post for that one. Well said!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[270639].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Patrician
    Kay with all due respect, you do not know if it is true or not. Neither do I, AS I STATED, MAYBE JUST A RUMOR.

    Actually my mother, who is no conspiracy nut, is the one who insists this is true story. Albeit she is a Republican.

    It is not uncommon for politicians to pander to the Gay vote and they often participate in the parade.

    Edit - I removed the comment from my post and now when it shows up on Google it will only be because you quoted it Kay. If you want to remove the quote it would probably be best.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[270671].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kay King
      Pat -

      Some things that are said just defy logic. There would be photos (because there are photos wherever she goes) - and credible witnesses to anything like that.

      The problem for me with such rumors is that facts cannot be found - it assumes a very public figure did something outrageous in public that no one saw or reported but many "heard of".

      And always somewhere along the line things like that are read or heard by people who then pass it on as "fact".

      I've always wondered where health care would be now had Hillary's plan been given serious consideration - even if only as a starting point. Since that time (16 years ago now?) - our health care has become a monster overloaded with bureaucracy and paperwork that are concerned with increasing profit, not with affordable health care for everyone.

      I'm with you in that I don't trust any of them very far - but I do think this current crisis will shine a light on both the good and the bad (or just stupid) in Congress.

      kay
      Signature
      Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world changes forever for that one dog
      ***
      It actually doesn't take much to be considered a 'difficult woman' -
      that's why there are so many of us.
      ...jane goodall
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[271633].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Patrician
    Thanks, Kay. Yeh, I agree. I really think it is bad enough that something has to change radically. Almost afraid to say 'it could be worse' because it might be.

    I think many, many people who never in their wildest dreams had an 'unpatriotic' thought, are really waking up to the nightmare. Plunder their pockets if you want to get their attention.

    As for the rumor, the thing is this was years ago when Hilary really did come to SF to campaign for Bill and I do remember that.

    Granted, however it is a long stretch between Hilary comes to SF and well, the rumor.

    My mother, although she is a right winger, is not a homophobe - although definitely a demophobe, lol; she is a proper upper-middle class lady and I don't know where she got this story. Her Bridge club? Her Widows and Widowers club? Her church?

    In any case, 'a kiss is just a kiss', or is it? lol.

    I still don't like her, I'm sorry. I do like Obama, and I am heartened by many things I have read that the Dem party is leaning to the right. Funny they will be the new conservatives. That is what we need is a middle ground that both left and right can agree on. Maybe something will get done that way.

    Anyway, nice talking to you.

    Peace out.

    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[271703].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RickyLM
    Well ladies and gentlemen let the corruption begin. Or should I say continue after these commercial interruptions.
    http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...PartyClips.jpg
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[272511].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RickyLM
    Well ladies and gentlemen let the corruption begin. Or should I say continue after these commercial interruptions.
    http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...PartyClips.jpg

    Sorry for the duplicate post the Internet Explorer shut down as I was posting.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[272519].message }}

Trending Topics