51 replies
  • OFF TOPIC
  • |
Is there a way to have more than one forum signature?

For example I may have 2 different business, business A and business B.

So ... if I reply to a thread which relates to my business A and then reply to a different thread relating to my business B, is is possible to have 2 different, separate signatures so that I can ensure the appropriate signature is shown with the relevant reply?
#forum #signatures
  • Profile picture of the author Lazy
    I don't think that's possible. But it's a cool idea!
    Signature
    WARRIORS ONLY: Get up to 100,000 verified high PR backlinks as soon as tomorrow! RAVE REVIEWS!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3150018].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Bingo123
      I was thinking about that the other day for my signature. It would be nice but I don't think it's possible on this forum
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3150509].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
        Banned
        It's certainly possible to exclude your sig-file from any posts you wish, but not to have different ones concurrently, I think.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3150695].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author HollyStar
          Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

          It's certainly possible to exclude your sig-file from any posts you wish, but not to have different ones concurrently, I think.
          Concurrently. Nice word!
          Signature
          IF YOU NEED A VOICE OVER FOR YOUR PROJECTS AND WEBSITES I'M YOUR GIRL! SPECIAL TO WARRIORS >>>> http://www.needavoiceover.com

          LEARN TO BE A SUCCESSFUL VOICE OVER ARTIST
          http://www.mouthymoney.com
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3151934].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author tpw
            Originally Posted by HollyStar View Post

            Concurrently. Nice word!

            You will learn to expect that from Alexa. She is pedantic.
            Signature
            Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
            Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3151942].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Ken Strong
              Originally Posted by tpw View Post

              You will learn to expect that from Alexa. She is pedantic.
              Why is Alexa pedantic? Doesn't she have a driver's license?
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3151996].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author oneplusone
              Originally Posted by tpw View Post

              You will learn to expect that from Alexa. She is pedantic.
              I'm always impressed by Alexa's use of colons and semi-colons.

              I've: tried; using them, before: and; it ends up; a, complete mess.

              It's hard enough as it is, trying to figure out where to put all the commas and dots
              Signature
              'If you hear a voice within you say "you cannot paint," then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.' Vincent Van Gogh.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3152557].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
              Bill,
              She is pedantic.
              Yet not quite sesquipedalian.


              Paul
              Signature
              .
              Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3158141].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author myob
                Yet not quite sesquipedalian.
                Originally Posted by Michael Oksa View Post

                Huh?

                I know what pedantic means.
                I don't get it. A little help, Michael? :confused:
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3158255].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
                  Paul,
                  I don't get it.
                  That, sir, was what we in the trade call a "triple play."


                  Paul
                  Signature
                  .
                  Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3159506].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author whateverpedia
            Originally Posted by HollyStar View Post

            Concurrently. Nice word!
            Alexa is extraordinarily erudite with a voluminous pantheon of words and phrases at her disposal. She inspires us all to write more eloquently than we would normally do so.

            Alexa = A lexicon
            Signature
            Why do garden gnomes smell so bad?
            So that blind people can hate them as well.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3153941].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author HollyStar
              Originally Posted by whateverpedia View Post

              Alexa is extraordinarily erudite with a voluminous pantheon of words and phrases at her disposal. She inspires us all to write more eloquently than we would normally do so.

              Alexa = A lexicon
              It's kind of cute, you guys competing with these fancy big words..each trying to one-up the other in your Alexa compliments.

              She's definately a girl who knows her stuff, which is awesome, and to be a female with as much influence on this forum as she has, (which I am assuming is mostly men, I don't know) is very admirable. I love it!
              Signature
              IF YOU NEED A VOICE OVER FOR YOUR PROJECTS AND WEBSITES I'M YOUR GIRL! SPECIAL TO WARRIORS >>>> http://www.needavoiceover.com

              LEARN TO BE A SUCCESSFUL VOICE OVER ARTIST
              http://www.mouthymoney.com
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3154081].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author whateverpedia
                Originally Posted by HollyStar View Post

                It's kind of cute, you guys competing with these fancy big words..each trying to one-up the other in your Alexa compliments.

                She's definately a girl who knows her stuff, which is awesome, and to be a female with as much influence on this forum as she has, (which I am assuming is mostly men, I don't know) is very admirable. I love it!
                Unless it was a tongue in cheek response to your post, with no disrespect intended to either yourself or Alexa of course.

                You're fairly new here, but you'll soon get used to the OT forum "sense of humour".

                All the best.
                Signature
                Why do garden gnomes smell so bad?
                So that blind people can hate them as well.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3154152].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Social Experts
    No thats not possible
    Signature

    Chill.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3150711].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Andrew Rodney
    Just differentiate both of your signatures so people will know this relates to business A and the other to a business B.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3150883].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author valdanylchuk
    Does the signature change in all your posts when you change it, or can you set a new one every once in a while? That could be a solution for Internet_Corporation. Set sig A, reply to related threads, set sig B, and so on.
    Signature
    iPhone app for your ebook - Promote your book to millions of AppStore users!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3151000].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
    The fact that you ask this question suggests you're thinking too much of participation as advertising, rather than discussion.

    That's consistent with your posting habits.


    Paul
    Signature
    .
    Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3151091].message }}
    • Originally Posted by valdanylchuk View Post

      Does the signature change in all your posts when you change it, or can you set a new one every once in a while? That could be a solution for Internet_Corporation. Set sig A, reply to related threads, set sig B, and so on.
      If you change your signature it will be updated to reflect this across all your posts and threads.

      Originally Posted by Paul Myers View Post

      The fact that you ask this question suggests you're thinking too much of participation as advertising, rather than discussion.

      That's consistent with your posting habits.


      Paul
      Point taken Paul, and I have taken this on board, but given I paid for a signature image I felt the need to know.

      Looks like its generated a reasonable discussion even if some of it is a bit off topic.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3154131].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author tryinhere
        Originally Posted by Internet_Corporation View Post

        , but given I paid for a signature image I felt the need to know..
        if your talking about the Sig picture, then you could load a .gif that rotated say on a 24 hour based with 2 ads ( at a blind mans guess ) and if so you ad would be correct 50% of the time based on the op request.

        (provided that was in the rules / terms of play)
        Signature
        | > Choosing to go off the grid for a while to focus on family, work and life in general. Have a great 2020 < |
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3156620].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Patrician
        chronic and habitual in the Off Topic Worrier Forum

        even off-topic can go off-topic - hijack free zone

        "but don't put on any airs when you are down on Rumarque Avenue"

        (no hijack no crime -- but only to a degree)

        Originally Posted by Internet_Corporation View Post


        Looks like its generated a reasonable discussion even if some of it is a bit off topic.
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3159574].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mandark
    I suggest you put links to both sites in your signature, with each one clearly stating what the site is and what it does. That way someone might glaze over one, but still see the other one which is theoretically relevant to them.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3151273].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gvannorman
    Not possible but a very interesting idea. I am sure now that you posted it, maybe the powers that be at WF are looking into it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3151923].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tpw
      Originally Posted by x3xsolxdierx3x View Post

      Ask not what the forum can give to you, ask what you can give to the forum.

      Great response.


      Originally Posted by gvannorman View Post

      Not possible but a very interesting idea. I am sure now that you posted it, maybe the powers that be at WF are looking into it.

      Nope. Would not count on that.

      As a programmer, this would be difficult at best to construct. And I am certain that it would break the forum more frequently, rather than improve it.
      Signature
      Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
      Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3151938].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Oksa
    Some people truly, truly just don't get it, do they?

    Wow.

    I know I shouldn't be surprised, but...wow.

    All the best,
    Michael
    Signature

    "Ich bin en fuego!"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3152013].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author myob
      Originally Posted by Michael Oksa View Post

      Some people truly, truly just don't get it, do they?

      Wow.

      I know I shouldn't be surprised, but...wow.

      All the best,
      Michael
      I got it. A person who is pedantic is a person who is overly concerned with formalism and precision, not necesarily meant to be pejorative.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3152036].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Michael Oksa
        Originally Posted by myob View Post

        I got it. A person who is pedantic is a person who is overly concerned with formalism and precision, not necesarily meant to be pejorative.
        Huh?

        Paul, I know what pedantic means. I was referring to a MUCH earlier post.

        All the best,
        Michael
        Signature

        "Ich bin en fuego!"
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3152046].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author myob
          Oh, I thought you were referring to Ken's post. Of what precisely were you then referring?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3152058].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Latsyrc
            Originally Posted by myob View Post

            Oh, I thought you were referring to Ken's post. Of what precisely were you then referring?
            Not to answer for him but to me it seems apparent that he is referring to the op.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3152578].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RaptorGabe
    HAHAHAHAHA this post I think just might be separating from the original topic . And a Signature is your signature, you only have one
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3152074].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HollyStar
    Originally Posted by iAdvertise4You View Post

    Forums aren't really about promotion, it is about giving back.

    Sounds like an after school special.
    Signature
    IF YOU NEED A VOICE OVER FOR YOUR PROJECTS AND WEBSITES I'M YOUR GIRL! SPECIAL TO WARRIORS >>>> http://www.needavoiceover.com

    LEARN TO BE A SUCCESSFUL VOICE OVER ARTIST
    http://www.mouthymoney.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3152107].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author myob
      Originally Posted by iAdvertise4You View Post

      However, I can suggest you put both A and B into one signature and test your luck.
      That would appear a bit too pendantic.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3152123].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chrismarcans
    It is best you will create another account for that. But what you think is a great idea.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3152767].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tpw
      Originally Posted by chrismarcans View Post

      It is best you will create another account for that. But what you think is a great idea.

      Don't take advice from newbies.... LOL

      Of course, it could be spammer bait too... You never know...
      Signature
      Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
      Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3152791].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author bisma anwar
        Some Forum have the allow to use two signatures at a time...Writ your two signatures...Reader will see the relevant one and may be he visit your site
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3153167].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author bradlean
          Can I ask?

          I remember I've put a signature link on my warrior forum.

          Then I realized someone hacked my warriorforum account and try to remove my signature link.

          I wonder why... Anyway, I just have to put it again.

          Any idea what the hell is going on?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3153263].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Michael Oksa
            Originally Posted by bradlean View Post

            Can I ask?

            I remember I've put a signature link on my warrior forum.

            Then I realized someone hacked my warriorforum account and try to remove my signature link.

            I wonder why... Anyway, I just have to put it again.

            Any idea what the hell is going on?
            Nobody hacked your account.

            Your sig was most likely removed by a moderator because it violates signature rules.

            They are posted in a thread at the top of the main discussion board.

            All the best,
            Michael
            Signature

            "Ich bin en fuego!"
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3153280].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author bradlean
              Hi can I ask again!
              What about your signature?
              Why they never mind it? Can you help me!

              Originally Posted by Michael Oksa View Post

              Nobody hacked your account.

              Your sig was most likely removed by a moderator because it violates signature rules.

              They are posted in a thread at the top of the main discussion board.

              All the best,
              Michael
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3153439].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Ken Strong
                Originally Posted by bradlean View Post

                Hi can I ask again!
                What about your signature?
                Why they never mind it? Can you help me!
                What's your question? He has links to two of his own WSOs -- the rules explicitly say that's allowed.

                Before, you had an affiliate link to a sales page for someone else's product -- that's clearly against the rules. What you have there now appears to be fine, though.

                EDIT: Did you actually go read the rules as Michael suggested? It's a good idea...
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3153449].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author bradlean
                  I thought they are trying to discriminate just because Im using a free warrior forum compared to you w/c is premium...

                  Anyway, thanks...

                  Can you check my signature link right now if it's applicable already.

                  That link is not an affiliate.
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3153495].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bobster0007
    I was going to add my sig but i dont think my link would be live. Do i need more posts first or what? I cant seem to find the answer.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3156296].message }}
    • Hi Bobster, I think you have enough posts but it may need 50, it's not that long since I aded mine but I can't quite remember. Best thing is to give it a try. It will either let you or it won't.

      To add an image will cost $60 per year but adding text and a link is free.

      Originally Posted by Bobster0007 View Post

      I was going to add my sig but i dont think my link would be live. Do i need more posts first or what? I cant seem to find the answer.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3156351].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author myob
        Originally Posted by whateverpedia View Post

        Alexa is extraordinarily erudite with a voluminous pantheon of words and phrases at her disposal. She inspires us all to write more eloquently than we would normally do so.

        Alexa = A lexicon
        At great risk of sounding pedantic, or as regards to my sig, an emblazoned unabashed pendantic promotion; a ponderable etymological interpretation has elicited these as yet unanswered questions posed by a moderator:

        Originally Posted by Ken Strong View Post

        Why is Alexa pedantic? Doesn't she have a driver's license?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3156531].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Michael Oksa
          Originally Posted by myob View Post

          At great risk of sounding pedantic, or as regards to my sig, an emblazoned unabashed pendantic promotion; a ponderable etymological interpretation has elicited these as yet unanswered questions posed by a moderator:
          I believe Ken was using a malpropism as his source of humor. Using the apparent root of the word pedantic and "accidentally" confusing it with the root in the word pedestrian.

          BUT, we all know the proper word would be pedestrianic.

          That being said, I would never assume to know what goes on in Ken's head, so it's only a guess.

          ~M~
          Signature

          "Ich bin en fuego!"
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3156831].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author alfieclinton
    It is not possible at all to apply two different signatures for different topic. But It is possible to apply a two signatures in a one topic.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3156739].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chiwawa
    I don't think its possible because you are entitled to one signature only. Its a really cool idea though.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3158964].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Michael Oksa
      Originally Posted by Paul Myers View Post

      Bill,Yet not quite sesquipedalian.


      Paul
      Originally Posted by myob View Post

      I don't get it. A little help, Michael? :confused:
      Paul's word also has a 'ped' in it, bit his was a very clever answer. Once you look up sesquipedalian, I think you'll get it.

      I have been accused of sesquipedalianism by some of my friends in the past, but I've never engaged in such activity purposely.

      All the best,
      Michael
      Signature

      "Ich bin en fuego!"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3159172].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author myob
        Originally Posted by Michael Oksa View Post

        Paul's word also has a 'ped' in it, bit his was a very clever answer. Once you look up sesquipedalian, I think you'll get it.

        I have been accused of sesquipedalianism by some of my friends in the past, but I've never engaged in such activity purposely.

        All the best,
        Michael
        Sesquipedalianism sounds rather kinky, and quite some very obscure action (perhaps even dangerous) to be accused of doing to oneself. The word sesquipedalian to me conjured a most vexing image of exotic species of the caterpillar genre (ie centipede, but on the order of magnitude with sesquipzillion legs). I think I got it now, and thanks for your perspicacious, pensive, sapient, and most consummate insights.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3162307].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Michael Oksa
          Originally Posted by myob View Post

          Sesquipedalianism sounds rather kinky, and quite some very obscure action (perhaps even dangerous) to be accused of doing to oneself. The word sesquipedalian to me conjured a most vexing image of exotic species of the caterpillar genre (ie centipede, but on the order of magnitude with sesquipzillion legs). I think I got it now, and thanks for your perspicacious, pensive, sapient, and most consummate insights.
          Yep.

          . . . . . . . . .
          Signature

          "Ich bin en fuego!"
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3162633].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author myob
            Originally Posted by Michael Oksa View Post

            Yep.

            . . . . . . . . .
            Are you suffering from hippopotomonstrosequipedaliophobia?

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3229979].message }}

Trending Topics