Who Of You Guys Live In Thailand?

by Gerald Arno Banned
27 replies
  • OFF TOPIC
  • |
Hey fellow warriors,

hope that this is the right place to post my thread
about moving to a foreign country.

I´m contemplating moving to countries such as
Thailand, Malaysia etc..

Who of you guys live already there, and hows the
living, cost of living and more?

Want to have a lot of fun every day. Looking
for places for where the living is acceptable,
where you can find many girls, parties, like
minded people etc..

I appreciate every single comment!

Thanks,

Gerald
#malaysia #thailand
  • Profile picture of the author kangen
    I don't live in Thailand. But I've heard about the cheapest living rates in Thailand. So, if I get a chance, I'll definitely visit there. It's beautiful place to be there.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3311316].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author andymayhem
    There are A LOT of bloggers etc hanging in Chiang Mai right now. Checkout this post Living in Chiang Mai, Thailand | AlmostFearless.com it has a lot of info and also read the comments and visit the commenters sites for even more info.

    I'm planning on heading over there soon as well
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3311444].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Gerald Arno
      Banned
      Originally Posted by andymayhem View Post

      There are A LOT of bloggers etc hanging in Chiang Mai right now. Checkout this post Living in Chiang Mai, Thailand | AlmostFearless.com it has a lot of info and also read the comments and visit the commenters sites for even more info.

      I'm planning on heading over there soon as well

      Thanks buddy. Just had a look at this place, looks sweet. But it´s
      in the north and far away from beaches.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3311469].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
        Banned
        This place contains all the information/experiences about moving to Thailand that you can want, I think (you may have to join to see all the content) ...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3311494].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Gerald Arno
          Banned
          Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

          This place contains all the information/experiences about moving to Thailand that you can want, I think (you may have to join to see all the content) ...
          Thanks, are you currently in Thailand?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3311708].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Roaddog
          Thailand is a beautiful country. Very pretty to look at and as I remember, for the most part, very clean.

          I was there many times when I was in the military.
          I always looked forward to joint exercises with the Thai military

          The one thing to remember going to any country, is that you have to realize that you are a guest there. Have respect and you will get it.
          The Thais are very serious about their culture and customs.
          Things you may have never heard of. In most parts that I was in you don't touch people on the head in public, don't point your feet at people, and whatever you do don't make jokes about the Monarchy.
          It is not Europe and not the US.

          Take the time to learn about wherever you are, (there are a few different ancient tribes) and you will get that respect back, in most cases.

          Like anywhere, else there are the dregs of any society.

          Certain areas of Bangkok, along the Cambodian border,(when I was there)
          and I am sure a few more, that I forget.
          While there are no Nirvana's,
          I would go back in a heart beat if I could.
          Not for the parties and girls etc...( which there are plenty of too)
          Now that I have matured (slightly)
          But for the culture of strength and respect that I remember a lot of Thais having, and the sheer beauty of most of that country.



          Jim
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3311885].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Gerald Arno
            Banned
            Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post

            Thailand is a beautiful country. Very pretty to look at and as I remember, for the most part, very clean.

            I was there many times when I was in the military.
            I always looked forward to joint exercises with the Thai military

            The one thing to remember going to any country, is that you have to realize that you are a guest there. Have respect and you will get it.
            The Thais are very serious about their culture and customs.
            Things you may have never heard of. In most parts that I was in you don't touch people on the head in public, don't point your feet at people, and whatever you do don't make jokes about the Monarchy.
            It is not Europe and not the US.

            Take the time to learn about wherever you are, (there are a few different ancient tribes) and you will get that respect back, in most cases.

            Like anywhere, else there are the dregs of any society.

            Certain areas of Bangkok, along the Cambodian border,(when I was there)
            and I am sure a few more, that I forget.
            While there are no Nirvana's,
            I would go back in a heart beat if I could.
            Not for the parties and girls etc...( which there are plenty of too)
            Now that I have matured (slightly)
            But for the culture of strength and respect that I remember a lot of Thais having, and the sheer beauty of most of that country.



            Jim
            Hey Jim,

            thanks for the reply. Looks like you´re in love with the culture.

            Say, do you know how to connect with internet marketers who
            are living there?

            Thanks,

            Gerald
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3312383].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Roaddog
              Gerald,

              There are many on this forum, although I personally don't have contact with them.

              There is a marketer that lives in Thailand named Holly Mann

              That is a contact link.

              She lives in Chiang Mai, which is Northern Thailand if I remember right, away from the beach.

              She would know of plenty of IM type people there, would be my guess.

              She seems to answer some of her email personally. I have always been impressed by her style.

              While she may be a figment of a corporate imagination, (shows how jaded I have become), but if it's a ruse it's an elaborate one.

              Try emailing her, and tell her your plans. You never know till you try something. Holly also likes the Thai culture and from what I understand has been there quite awhile.


              Give it a shot, whats to lose?


              Jim

              There is also this part of the forum
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3312456].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Gerald Arno
    Banned
    Hey Jim,

    thanks for the great info post. That´s what I love and appreciate.

    Sure, going to shoot her a message right away. I´d love to stay
    somewhere down south by the beach. But we´ll see what it brings.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3312634].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Gerald Arno
    Banned
    That´s awesome. Pattaya is exactly what I explored today on the internet.
    I wonder if there´s another way to connect with Internet Marketers down
    there..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3312692].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KathyK
    I prefer Phuket to Pattaya - there's a bit TOO much tourism in Pattaya. There are still quiet, off-the-beaten track areas in Phuket where you can enjoy a beach without wall-to-wall people. OTOH, if you like wall-to-wall people, Pattaya is the place for you.

    Disclaimer: lived in Phuket for 2.5 years and loved the place.
    Signature

    Cheers,
    Kathy

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3346220].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Gerald Arno
      Banned
      Originally Posted by KathyK View Post

      I prefer Phuket to Pattaya - there's a bit TOO much tourism in Pattaya. There are still quiet, off-the-beaten track areas in Phuket where you can enjoy a beach without wall-to-wall people. OTOH, if you like wall-to-wall people, Pattaya is the place for you.

      Disclaimer: lived in Phuket for 2.5 years and loved the place.
      Hey Kathy,

      Phuket lies decent by the sea and is located down south.

      Say, how is there with internet connection, communities,
      restaurants, and also clubs? How are the beaches?

      Thanks,

      Gerald
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3346712].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author M Thompson
        Gerald, i looked at Thailand a few years back, but the need for trips out of the country to get visa's and the unstable political situation there made me decide against it,

        In the end i decided to move to Spain, it's got a good infrastructure for IM and quite a few IM'ers are based here
        Signature


        If you are serious about online marketing come and Join our free community The Foundation
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3346758].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author careygold
    Nope i don't live in Thailand i live in iowa
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3346264].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Gerald Arno
    Banned
    Hey Mark,

    I used to live in Spain (Malaga). Actually have been in Marbella last new years day.
    We could have met up!

    Everybody desires something different, but think that this place would be ideal to develop my skills and business.

    It really depends. If you´re young and don´t need regular medical help, think
    that these countries are worth a shot. Thing are different, if you have health
    problems.

    Gerald
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3346785].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bruce NewMedia
    Gerald, while I don't live there I have a friend/client who's been there for the last 3 years.

    He's originally from Canada and while in Thailand married a local girl and now they have a young son. Overall my friend loves it there, allowing for a few disappointments. The cost of living as many know, is cheap compared to places like the US. One thing he has stressed to me repeatedly is the vast difference in culture and how important it is to get off on the right foot when you first meet people.
    _____
    Bruce
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3350880].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Gerald Arno
      Banned
      Originally Posted by brucerby View Post

      Gerald, while I don't live there I have a friend/client who's been there for the last 3 years.

      He's originally from Canada and while in Thailand married a local girl and now they have a young son. Overall my friend loves it there, allowing for a few disappointments. The cost of living as many know, is cheap compared to places like the US. One thing he has stressed to me repeatedly is the vast difference in culture and how important it is to get off on the right foot when you first meet people.
      _____
      Bruce
      Sounds good!
      You also have to adjust well, especially in these countries. There´re always pros and cons.. If you are a big fan of beaches, traveling, than this is likely your deal!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3351288].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Diane S
    I spent a couple of weeks in Thailand and just loved it! You will, too. Just go! Travel around and you will find the beach of your dreams. I wonder, do the IMers of Thailand hang out in internet cafes on the beach? Go there and let us know! And send pictures!
    Signature
    KimW still needs our help DONATE DIRECTLY
    My First Kindle Book: Ten Days in the Land of Smile
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3350958].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Gerald Arno
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Diane S View Post

      I spent a couple of weeks in Thailand and just loved it! You will, too. Just go! Travel around and you will find the beach of your dreams. I wonder, do the IMers of Thailand hang out in internet cafes on the beach? Go there and let us know! And send pictures!
      Hey Diane,

      Sure, say where have you stayed in Thailand?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3351294].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jerome15
    Originally Posted by GeraldGigerl View Post

    Hey fellow warriors,

    hope that this is the right place to post my thread
    about moving to a foreign country.

    I´m contemplating moving to countries such as
    Thailand, Malaysia etc..

    Who of you guys live already there, and hows the
    living, cost of living and more?

    Want to have a lot of fun every day. Looking
    for places for where the living is acceptable,
    where you can find many girls, parties, like
    minded people etc..

    I appreciate every single comment!

    Thanks,

    Gerald
    Hi there, i live in Thailand for 10 years. in regard to your questions, the cost of living here is quite low. for normal apartment it will cost only 3000 baht - 5000 baht a month. food is cheap, one meal is like 30 baht. It also depends on the place where you plan to stay, at the center of bangkok where there are lots of westener, the accomodation is more expensive. about parties, there are many places to go where you can find girls but gotta be extra careful in meeting the girls.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3360317].message }}

Trending Topics