Your Not A Success And Here's Why.

32 replies
  • OFF TOPIC
  • |
You know what Grinds my gears, the assumption that money is automatically printed via Autoblogging, Auto Article Writing, AutoFriend, Autotweet etc, etc.


Small Note: "You" as I will say a lot below is only a representation of my opinion.

You as the consumer should know by now that nothing is ever free. There is no free lunch, and likewise there is no free money. If you want the truth here is the truth, the people that sell these so called "bots" end up making more money off you then you could make with a said bot.

The common problem you face right now that when you go and look at whats being offered your expectations become unrealistic. Chances are you won't make 1000$'s of dollars per day, you won't become Google #1 just because you bought something that claims you can with the click of a button.

And thats when you come here asking what you did wrong to not make 100thousand dollars like the guy on the AD said you were going to.

So all in all, you put in work to get work back. You want something done? Do it yourself. The only automated system around here is YOU bringing out your wallet every time.

Right now your expectations are Bill Gates Status, bring yourself down closer to earth. You don't start out as a CEO of a major company you work yourself up and IM is the same as any other job. Working yourself up.

Tell you what, if you put in work and you don't see any returns, I will eat my shorts and eat your shorts, deepfried, stirfried, blended into a shake, whatever.

Take content creation:
Step 1. Do it yourself. Whore yourself out as the top quality content producer and show them what your made of.
Step 2. Now its time to scale up! By yourself hire some quality producing writers who are stuck like you and bring them onto your team.
Step 3. Set up a payment/gateway with ease of use for people to place orders
Step 4. Sit back now your the boss of a team of writers.
While the above was a simplified version you can see where I'm going with this. Starting out as yourself allows you to get to know the business.

Experience IS KING

See you think just because you purchased that 1000$ product on telling you how to blog that your automatically a guru/expert because of what you read? I'm sorry but thats also what the thousands of other people who bought the same product is thinking right now.

Blogging:
Step 1. Start 1 yourself. A blog nowadays costs less then a dollar to start up for the first month.
Step 2. Concentrate on how you want to make money. Adsense, Affiliate, LEads, Etc, Etc
Step 3. Quality > Quantity
Step 4. Stick with it
Step 5. However small your profit is, it could be 10$ you just multiplied your net profit by over 900%.
Step 6. Repeat but don't Rinse
Now heres another thing.

CONCENTRATION
ON ONE THING

You wanna know why your pals are in the dust? Because their mindset is "I can make more money if I had Adsense, Affiliate links, and Leads all in one blog."

*BUZZER SOUND* WRONG, the thing is that by seperating all your profits into 10different sources you end up not making much from any of them.
You could make 50cents from Adsense, 1$ from Affiliate links.

Put 100% of your work into one thing.


START OUT FREE


You don't need that thousand dollar website making machine to make money. Explore your options before you invest. Many of us started out as BUM Marketers, using whats already free to bring in the money then investing it back into the business.

Wanna start a blog try wordpress.com or blogger
Wanna start creating content and selling it? Try Ffiver.com or Advertise on your Signature.
Wanna build a website, there are free website builders out there to start out with.

The resources are out there. Challenge yourself not to get tempted by the attractive WSO's until you know what you want and only use the money you made.

Final Thoughts: Most WSO's will work but maybe not for you. Try following what I wrote above, see what you like to do then start from there. Treat IM like a business not a hobby.
And remember there is no such thing as a free lunch.

Until Later Warriors,

Latez
#automated #bad #profits
  • Profile picture of the author Roy Carter
    Pretty wise words I'd say, for 'Just A Kid'.
    Signature
    "How To Hang Out On Various Exotic Islands
    Whilst Still Making Shed Loads Of Money...and stuff!"


    Get your FREE ISSUE entitled...'A Quick, Easy $2,000 In Your Pocket By This Weekend!'
    >> ---> http://LettersFromASmallIsland.com/sq1.html <--- < <
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3339239].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JHC81
    Good advice I also agree that those software that are being created will not make you rich, but the product owner will in some cases even over night
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3339248].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JustKid
      Exactly, they rely on hype and you not realizing what they are trying to do.
      Looking out for #1 this is a dog eat dog business and you just happen to be at the bottom of the food chain
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3343355].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Andyhenry
        Originally Posted by JustKid View Post

        this is a dog eat dog business and you just happen to be at the bottom of the food chain
        That's a very limited mindset.

        You can easily be at the top of the food chain - it is a choice.

        Your business shouldn't be some hard struggle - it should be something you love and are passionate about.

        There are lots of tools to help and people to work with - it's not dog eat dog, or at least doesn't have to be.
        Signature

        nothing to see here.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3343491].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author JustKid
          Originally Posted by Andyhenry View Post

          That's a very limited mindset.

          You can easily be at the top of the food chain - it is a choice.

          Your business shouldn't be some hard struggle - it should be something you love and are passionate about.

          There are lots of tools to help and people to work with - it's not dog eat dog, or at least doesn't have to be.
          While that maybe true, I explain in my Original Post that people assume that they can log in and click a few buttons and the money starts rolling in. The mindset that has been perverted by the sheer number of Hyped up false promises

          You gotta work your way up from the bottom to the top. You don't wake up one day and say you know what? I'm the best IM guru in the world, it could happen but it does not get handed to you on a silver platter.

          You sell something because you want to make money for yourself, If it ends up helping someone else then thats another bonus for you.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3343770].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Andyhenry
            Originally Posted by JustKid View Post

            You sell something because you want to make money for yourself, If it ends up helping someone else then thats another bonus for you.
            See - this is where we don't agree.

            I think you're confusing YOUR approach with everyone else's. May YOU wanted a one-click get rich solution and thought spam blogs were the answer.

            Some of us are NOT all about the money.

            I only ever create an IM product with the primary focus of helping people - making money is secondary. The truth that I have found is that when you focus on helping people first - the money comes in better anyway.

            So, again - may for YOU helping someone is just another bonus after you've made money, but for some of us it is the primary reason for creating and selling products.

            I used to think that because I was just looking to help people it's much better to give the products away for free (and I've done that many times), but after many years of testing these things I've found that putting a price on good quality, useful products actually makes them more powerful because people don't treat them as free stuff that must have low/no value.

            So often the best reason for charging people is because they're more likely to respond to your help when they've paid.

            So - Helping is the main focus - getting paid is a nice bonus.

            We seem to have completely opposite views on this.

            Although I do find your statements a little offensive ("You think this....." and "You think that...." when you clearly don't know what we all think) - The world is a better place for having diversity

            Andy
            Signature

            nothing to see here.

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3345559].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author JustKid
              Originally Posted by Andyhenry View Post

              See - this is where we don't agree.

              I think you're confusing YOUR approach with everyone else's. May YOU wanted a one-click get rich solution and thought spam blogs were the answer.

              Some of us are NOT all about the money.

              I only ever create an IM product with the primary focus of helping people - making money is secondary. The truth that I have found is that when you focus on helping people first - the money comes in better anyway.

              So, again - may for YOU helping someone is just another bonus after you've made money, but for some of us it is the primary reason for creating and selling products.

              I used to think that because I was just looking to help people it's much better to give the products away for free (and I've done that many times), but after many years of testing these things I've found that putting a price on good quality, useful products actually makes them more powerful because people don't treat them as free stuff that must have low/no value.

              So often the best reason for charging people is because they're more likely to respond to your help when they've paid.

              So - Helping is the main focus - getting paid is a nice bonus.

              We seem to have completely opposite views on this.

              Although I do find your statements a little offensive ("You think this....." and "You think that...." when you clearly don't know what we all think) - The world is a better place for having diversity

              Andy
              Well the problem lies within the fact that clearly YOU *Andy* know what your doing since you have a clear path and already well versed within this business. But, if you think back to when you started what was more important, you or someone else.

              Its a rare person that might work their butt off in a new industry just to help someone else but I believe that most people who just started out in the business is only out to make money for themselves.

              And my original post is about the state of mind as a consumer that just joined us. Aka, "This looks interesting wonder what it could be"

              and.. WHAMO you get hit by hundreds of ads claiming you can make money if you do this, or buy this now to make money. Hence the YOU think this and You think that because honestly its the exact same thing I thought when I first joined and I'm sure most of us had that overwhelmed feeling of awe and unlimited riches only to end up a bit poorer and more tougher.

              Now I could be wrong but this is just my opinion.

              ================================
              Edit: On the other hand I do agree with your perceptive on the prices of products. Most of the time if the author claims your going to make hundreds and thousands of dollars selling such a miracle book for say 5$-10$ is likely to make anyone wary.

              Then again we do have to think about the newcomer, wary of things he/she does not know. This person is not about to spend 100$ on something she has no idea about. This is where we get the chain started from my first paragraph where the starter consumer is more likely to buy the same hyped up product for 5$ to start with rather then the same hype a 500$ product has even if the $500 product quality is better the PROBLEM is that both are equally hyped.

              Which then human nature states you are more likely to be wary of any other product because you got ripped from the first one.

              But.... we are getting off topic on the subject so i digress but thank you for your informative post, opened my eyes a bit more.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3345588].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author paul wolfe
              Originally Posted by Andyhenry View Post


              I used to think that because I was just looking to help people it's much better to give the products away for free (and I've done that many times), but after many years of testing these things I've found that putting a price on good quality, useful products actually makes them more powerful because people don't treat them as free stuff that must have low/no value.
              There's gold to be mined from this paragraph. People are far more likely to consume your information - and if it's good and it helps them you get the chance to make them a repeat client - if it's priced than if you give it away.

              So many marketers just focus on the actual selling and don't seem to care about their clients actually using the information - if they don't use the information you are losing the chance to make them a repeat client. The stats of these things tell us that a client who has bought from you before is 8 to 10 times more likely to buy from you than someone who has never bought from you before.

              Good point Andy.



              paul

              PS - (hijack alert) what kind of drum kit have you got - and who are your drumming idols?
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3345591].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Andyhenry
                Originally Posted by paul wolfe View Post

                PS - (hijack alert) what kind of drum kit have you got - and who are your drumming idols?
                I have several from Tama, Roland and Yamaha. My drumming Idols are Steve White (Paul Weller's drummer and a friend), Gregg Bisonnette (used to drum for Van Halen - brilliant bloke, very funny and humble), Dave Grohl (just a musical legend) then the classics like Buddy Rich, Dave Weckl, Billy Cobham, Dennis Chambers, Keith Moon etc..

                My profile pic is a big mix of Mapex kit and Roland Octapads.
                Signature

                nothing to see here.

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3346414].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author iAmNameLess
              Originally Posted by Andyhenry View Post


              Some of us are NOT all about the money.
              Really? Now... I know that you need to believe in what you're selling or marketing, but do you really do things that won't bring you money?
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3345665].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kom
    Originally Posted by JustKid View Post


    You don't need that thousand dollar website making machine to make
    Final Thoughts: Most WSO's will work but maybe not for you. Try following what I wrote above, see what you like to do then start from there. Treat IM like a business not a hobby.
    And remember there is no such thing as a free lunch.

    Until Later Warriors,

    Latez
    Thank JustKid

    That is best advise ever
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3343646].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DannyUK
      Interesting OP.

      I totally agree with the idea of keeping your money in your pocket rather than buying up every automated tool in sight. I'd also agree you have to put value in to any venture to get money out and that requires effort, laziness won't do it. Any success gained trying to shortcut this principle will be fleeting.

      However I can't agree with the suggestion a new marketer should do go it alone, even as an experiment. Time is valuable, no point wasting it. Unless you get really lucky you'll probably end up staring at a dead traffic chart and a zero sales balance after a ton of effort. You could blog for the next twenty years but without the basics on how to monetise the effort nothing is going to happen for you.

      Internet marketing requires skills and unless you know these before you get in the game then you have to learn them from somewhere. Some people can hunt around a forum like this and piece things together for themselves but others need a more structured learning process.

      My advice for newcomers or people who haven't made the breakthrough yet is to do their THOROUGH research here on this forum, find a good product recommendation (preferably old school - which is as good today as it ever was and will be making a comeback, wait and see) and, as the OP suggests, stick to it and see it through.

      Stay off the mailing lists and out of the review forums, you don't need the distractions if you are really focusing and you can't buy anything if you don't know about it.

      Don't try to go it alone though, there are sub-$100 products out there that can teach you all you need to know in a quarter of the time (or less) than it would take to figure it out yourself.

      Once you're making money then set a percentage of it aside each month and use it as a fund to further your IM education. Never stop learning but make sure your learning leads to action every time.

      Don't kill yourself from the get go by picking a dead niche. Pick a niche with buyers - no really. Nobody cares about what you love they only care if you can give them what they need and do it at a price that delivers more value than the money they are parting with. If you're lucky enough to be an expert or enthusiast in a profitable niche then great, go for it but otherwise go where the market already is, don't try to bring it to you.

      You might also want to bear in mind the search engines and advertising networks are getting harder and harder to game, if that's the game you are thinking of playing. Give it a couple more years and a lot of these automated tools will be ineffective. When the bomb drops you want to have a business that doesn't rely entirely on these products.

      Finally, the OP talks about these atrocious "magic button", "do no work" to "make a million" type "tools" that are out there now, a new one seems to get launched every week. It's easy to avoid these even if you don't follow the advice to stay off the lists. If it's a blind sell (if they don't demonstrate the product working and show you the results it produces right in the sales video) then the software doesn't work or at least it won't work for you. It stands to reason, anyone who could really demonstrate a great piece of software would be eager to do it and would have no need to run through a list of what there product isn't! Avoid the blind sale and you can't get "mislead" (insert stronger word as required) by these products.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3343843].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JustKid
    You also make a good point about new marketers. But my post comes from personal experience where I have also started out trying to do everything and anything all at once, and from people telling me they had no idea what affiliating is and tried to do it because a product told them to.

    I made the note that Experience is King, if your first blog fails, then try another one using the experience you got from the first one to build your 2nd one better
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3344657].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jglopez
    This is great advice! I'm also just starting out. Currently focusing on content creation.. Kinda accepted more orders than I can easily handle, but that's a good thing!

    Thanks!
    Signature
    I'm a Professional Writer. I also do high-quality spins. I won't stop until you get the quality that you deserve. PM me or Email me at juliusglopez@gmail.com for samples of my work or for orders. I look forward to long-term business relationships with you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3345107].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JustKid
      Originally Posted by jglopez View Post

      This is great advice! I'm also just starting out. Currently focusing on content creation.. Kinda accepted more orders than I can easily handle, but that's a good thing!

      Thanks!
      I can see your already putting in the hours. Believe me as time goes on and you get a steady customer base its time for you to get together a team of writers.

      I already operate a content creation site where all I had to do was write for about the first two months alone and then got together a buncha people, taught them a bit and now I'm the boss.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3345513].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author paul wolfe
    OP - perceptive post. The phrase that quality is greater than quantity should be everybody's mantra - precisely because most people will go for quantity. Quality wins on so many levels....

    One other thing - in your signature you've got 'Your Not' meaning you are not. It should be spelled 'you're not.' It might sound anal but there are certain common words like this that you must use right - everytime you use your when you mean you're - and vice versa - you dent your credibility. (Not criticizing - trying to help )
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3345561].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JustKid
      Originally Posted by paul wolfe View Post

      OP - perceptive post. The phrase that quality is greater than quantity should be everybody's mantra - precisely because most people will go for quantity. Quality wins on so many levels....

      One other thing - in your signature you've got 'Your Not' meaning you are not. It should be spelled 'you're not.' It might sound anal but there are certain common words like this that you must use right - everytime you use your when you mean you're - and vice versa - you dent your credibility. (Not criticizing - trying to help )
      Thanks mate, fixed up the sig.
      Staying up past 2:00 Am does things to you.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3345567].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Andyhenry
      Originally Posted by paul wolfe View Post

      One other thing - in your signature you've got 'Your Not' meaning you are not. It should be spelled 'you're not.' It might sound anal but there are certain common words like this that you must use right - everytime you use your when you mean you're - and vice versa - you dent your credibility. (Not criticizing - trying to help )
      Agreed - that rubs me the wrong way too. I should've said something also so thanks for highlighting it. Poor use of language looks lazy and unprofessional, which is fine if you're on a social site with your friends, just not when you're trying to show yourself as some sort of business expert.
      Signature

      nothing to see here.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3345571].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author JustKid
        Originally Posted by Andyhenry View Post

        Agreed - that rubs me the wrong way too. I should've said something also so thanks for highlighting it. Poor use of language looks lazy and unprofessional, which is fine if you're on a social site with your friends, just not when you're trying to show yourself as some sort of business expert.
        Funny thing is that I didn't even link anything from my sig. Link must have broke somewhere along the line and I just noticed it right now, so double thanks.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3345583].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Richnana
      Thanks Paul for adding the spelling lesson. It was killing me! This spelling error is so common online that I can't believe people don't catch it. But I did not want to interfere with his valuable content. But thanks
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3357358].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chris Dolan
    Engaging clients, and listening to them, and showing them you care is the way to build something long term. Unfortunately there are alot of people who don't want to do that, but want to exploit, and take as much cash, but without delivering ....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3345604].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JustKid
      Originally Posted by Chris Egan View Post

      Engaging clients, and listening to them, and showing them you care is the way to build something long term. Unfortunately there are alot of people who don't want to do that, but want to exploit, and take as much cash, but without delivering ....
      Agreed, I just had the unfortunate experience of seeing this first hand. Literally the WSO I paid good money for basically told me to resell the exact same WSO, reword it a bit and jack up the price.

      Quite frankly it sorta disgusted me because this same WSO has many people claiming it was a good idea.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3345623].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DIGITALCHAMELEON
    Nice to hear that words from the expert. Thank you for a pretty advice.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3345672].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author David Bryant
    CONCENTRATION ON ONE THING

    You wanna know why your pals are in the dust? Because their mindset is "I can make more money if I had Adsense, Affiliate links, and Leads all in one blog."

    *BUZZER SOUND* WRONG, the thing is that by seperating all your profits into 10different sources you end up not making much from any of them.
    You could make 50cents from Adsense, 1$ from Affiliate links.

    Put 100% of your work into one thing.
    I would like to address this because it is this type of information that severely limits a marketer's perspective on how they can conduct business online through a niche website/blog.

    Focusing on a single income stream is a perfectly valid and profitable approach. As a matter of fact, it is derived from a more diverse way of site building. However, maximizing your income potential by diversifying your affiliate promotions on a website is also extremely profitable.

    If you are building your sites to their maximum potential, then you would be targeting keywords individually on each page of a site (focusing on more than one on a page is also a good strategy sometimes). Each page of a site is its own sales page, so to speak, because that is the page that your visitor/customer landed on. Every keyword that you are targeting will attract a different demographic, and therefore the information and offer must be tailored to that visitor on that particular page.

    That page could best convert with a CPA offer within that niche, or an informational product from Clickbank. It could do well with Adsense, promoting your own product, or generating leads for your list. Using all of these strategies on the same page of a site would be counterproductive, but it's important to know that you can be flexible on individual pages throughout a site, so that you can effectively test the type of product, or affiliate promotion, that converts the best.

    Having many different sources of income from different types of affiliate networks is important because it works to diversify your income streams, and to maximize your conversions and overall EPC. You don't have to build just Adsense sites, or just Clickbank sites. That is only one very concise strategy in the scheme of things as it pertains to site building.
    Signature
    What have you accomplished today that benefits your business in some way?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3345763].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JustKid
    Understandably so David but I was referring to a new person who just started in the business as it would be more of a hindrance just due to the sheer fact of how much you need to know just to get one working. Its just simply easier for a starter to concentrate on 1 thing and then move on from there.

    Excellent post however going into actual site detail which should help someone out if they decided to ever start up a site. I didn't go into it just because it would confuse the reader more if I started going off topic on the explicit details of site building.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3345805].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author David Bryant
      Originally Posted by JustKid View Post

      Understandably so David but I was referring to a new person who just started in the business as it would be more of a hindrance just due to the sheer fact of how much you need to know just to get one working. Its just simply easier for a starter to concentrate on 1 thing and then move on from there.

      Excellent post however going into actual site detail which should help someone out if they decided to ever start up a site. I didn't go into it just because it would confuse the reader more if I started going off topic on the explicit details of site building.
      Thank you, and do know that I wasn't trying to call you out on this, so much as I think it is important to provide the most accurate information possible...especially to new marketers. I pointed out your comments because they are wrote in absolutes, all-caps, and asterisked to draw importance and attention to them.

      It's usually best to suggest a strategy when offering information, than it is to imply that a way is the only way; especially when you may be in a position of authority to others, such as starting a thread to teach people why they may be failing in their business.

      I understand your sentiment on not overwhelming new marketers with information. Perhaps you should help guide them with a less restrictive and finite approach, especially if you know there is more to learn about the subject. That was the real intention of my post... to help you grow (as at the time, I didn't know you knew more about site building), as well as to clear up those statements for others.

      To your success JustKid
      Signature
      What have you accomplished today that benefits your business in some way?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3345909].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IMSubmit
    Well said OP.

    These words come out from JustKid, a member who by this post has disproved that his id is something which contradicts his thoughts.

    I am starting out in IM business. I had been part of a team who assisted IMers. So, recently I have set up a system which will assist marketers at a totally different level. I am trying to be a good service provider. I provide my customers what they are looking for.

    As you well put, Repeat but do not rinse. Had to totally agree with that.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3345975].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Xavier Tan
    I agree that when starting out as a beginner, one should stay focus on one method of earning income as there are 101 ways of earning money from the internet. You just got to be faithful to one method and have faith in yourself. Give yourself time and don't expect overnight miracles. Be patient and consistent with your effort and one will definitely see results.
    Signature
    Are you a newbie who wants to kickstart your sales ASAP?
    Do you have a killer product but lack the cash to hire a top-notch copywriter to help you rake in the profits you deserve?

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3346274].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gemscreen
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3346310].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mrmanpower
      I believe in buying stuff that i would need or use. I also believe in selling the same. So i'm focusing on those areas for whatever i'm selling later on and it's true to some degree what you say about people buying product after product.

      I was one of them. But again, buying crappy stuff also teaches you. It gives you EXPERIENCE. Theoretically I had it. I had read thousands of pages. Watched long videos and listened to audios.

      When i finally had the focus and (wits) to just do it. then all my stupid ideas and uncompleted methods became handy.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3346361].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HeySal
    JustKid - good post. And good luck with it. There are beaucoup Warriors that have been trying to get this through people's heads as long as this forum has existed. Yet every year there are more and more coming into the forum wanting to learn how to do it without work involved. When it comes to greed, I don't think anyone will ever be able to say anything that will get some people's heads straight.
    Signature

    Sal
    When the Roads and Paths end, learn to guide yourself through the wilderness
    Beyond the Path

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3357711].message }}

Trending Topics