Charlie Sheen Self Destructs

85 replies
  • OFF TOPIC
  • |
Well, I guess you've all heard the latest. Charlie Sheen has made an ass of
himself, yet again, and 2 1/2 Men has been shut down for the remainder of
the season and they're not sure if they're coming back for season 9.

Way to go Charlie.

You sure know how to turn a great career into trash.
  • Profile picture of the author thunderbird
    Fame, alcohol. and cocaine might do funny things to the brain.
    Signature

    Project HERE.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3426632].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Slickest
    and byebye 2 million per episode too - what an idiot
    not only destroying HIS life - but taking down others as he goes - all the cast and crew are shut down too..
    Signature
    Slickest.com selling and brokering domain names since 1998!
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Need Adult Writing done? Contact me! Custom from PG to XX
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3426674].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jimmy Reilly
    In the infamous words of Rick James:

    "cocaine's a hell of a drug!"

    - Reilly
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3426686].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jeff Casmer
    Hi,

    2 1/2 Men is my favorite show and its just amazing. All he had to do was shut up and return to work on Monday but nope...egos get in the way...

    Sad..

    Jeff Casmer
    Signature
    Why Dont You Join My Inner Circle?

    IMPho

    30DTS Challenge | IM Training | IM Community | AFF Program
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3426860].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author adeleadams
    That was one awesome show. All i have to say to Charlie Sheen is screw you
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3427269].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HeySal
    Damn. There was one show that I watch on tv. 2 and 1/2 men.

    I'm gonna go with he was mentally unstable from the get and actually started to think he was his character. That way I don't want to hurt him real bad.
    Signature

    Sal
    When the Roads and Paths end, learn to guide yourself through the wilderness
    Beyond the Path

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3427298].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Sheryl Polomka
      Originally Posted by HeySal View Post

      Damn. There was one show that I watch on tv. 2 and 1/2 men.

      I'm gonna go with he was mentally unstable from the get and actually started to think he was his character. That way I don't want to hurt him real bad.
      His real life certainly seems to mirror the character - but to a much more destructive level! Silly boy!
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3427326].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gareth
    ... and from this day forward he was known as "Mad Sheen"

    .
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3427500].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dennis Gaskill
    He's been walking on the wrong side of the idiot line for quite a while.
    Signature

    Just when you think you've got it all figured out, someone changes the rules.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3427784].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seasoned
    ADMIT IT! Most people HATE and LOATH the type of person he played. And that IS how many stars actually think, etc... HECK, I LIKED dana plato on "different strokes". She played a very different character. STILL, it turns out that she was much like charlie, although perhaps not so rich. When she needed money, the facade came off!

    SURE there are exceptions. There are also people that never get that big. There are people that seem EVIL in the movies, and are nice in real life. My mother even worked with a guy that always played a bad gangster in films. Of course, though he was popular, I guess he couldn't have been too rich working a moderate paying job in LA. And his was always a supporting role. I never saw him in a leading role. I forget his name, and you probably don't know it anyway. He was big, and didn't look great, so he was basically typecast as a goon type. A henchman type.

    There are ALSO people that HIDE it! I worked with a person that used to be a telephone operator. One day there was a problem, that affected EVERYONE in the area, and a jerk called her wanting to be helped NOW! He said "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM!?!?". She calming replied YES, you're "William shatner". Apparently he is pretty arrogant and not as easy going as he appears publically.

    But the REALLY stupid ones were the producers. They didn't include a morality clause!

    Charlie Sheen imbroglio is no morality play - Los Angeles Times

    They should have tried to get a person that WASN'T like that in real life.

    "I haven't read it," the wayward star of CBS' hit sitcom "Two and a Half Men" told radio host Dan Patrick last week, but "I don't think it covers, 'Let me totally dominate and interfere with your personal life.'"
    That statement is a dead giveaway to his personality. A morals clause is NOTHING of the sort. What it REALLY says is "DON'T do STUPID/EMBARASSING THINGS so you dominate and interfere with everyone ELSE'S life!" Well, he did it, and the viewers, writers, and other actors pay for it. HECK, that kid grew up on that show. Before that, he got little kid parts. He may be typecast, and this could destroy his CAREER!

    Steve
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3428273].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kurt
    The guy has a serious illness with a high degree of fatality. And when you have an addiction to coke, the worst thing you can have is a lot of money.

    The more I read about addiction and brain function, the more I believe we have less control over our choices than we think we do.
    Signature
    Serious about Print on Demand? Discover how YOU can join my FREE exclusive secret alliance
    Plus how to get my Print on Demand Treasure Maps for FREE
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3428425].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sloanjim
    WHAT A LEGEND!!!!

    Living the dream..way to go Charlie we are all jealous of ya!

    Checks out of sex re-hab with his young sexy nurse. ROFL!
    Signature

    15 Minute Forex Bar Trading System Free at
    http://www.fxscalpingmethod.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3428981].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sloanjim
    like he needs it!

    and byebye 2 million per episode too - what an idiot
    Signature

    15 Minute Forex Bar Trading System Free at
    http://www.fxscalpingmethod.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3428994].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jonathan 2.0
    We all "screw up" sometimes. Hopefully everything with himself (and the show) will be good soon.
    Signature
    "Each problem has hidden in it an opportunity so powerful that it literally dwarfs the problem. The greatest success stories were created by people who recognized a problem and turned it into an opportunity."―Joseph Sugarman
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3429858].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Patrician
    What this brings to mind are possibilities that would explain his bad behavior.

    #1 Wrong Career: He is really not doing what HE wants to do - maybe he didn't even want to be an actor but his father pressured him or made it seem like he should carry on 'the family legacy'. Maybe he wanted to be a rock star or an accountant?

    #2 Money Demon: Like a Richy Rich Kid, he never really had to work for anything, and had too much time on his hands - just as so often rich kids become substance abusers, gamblers, etc., they have no real purpose to their day like surviving (and behaving so that is possible).

    #3 Spoiled: He could do no wrong - and no matter what he did it was going to be okay. Kids like this actually can act out (bad behavior) on purpose to get some actual emotion from someone. There is some reason this man craves negative attention.

    #4 Who knows what the family dynamic was? Father always working - not there for his family. Who knows maybe even Father disrespectful to mother and/or broken home. May be why he gravitates toward sluts and acts like one himself.

    Who knows what makes people vulnerable to demons like addiction?

    Lighten up on Charlie - I like him because he speaks his mind - he is no dimwit ass kisser.

    Right On Charlie
    Just don't die.
    Or get AIDS
    Or have a stroke from the coke
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3430008].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author seasoned
      Originally Posted by Patrician View Post

      What this brings to mind are possibilities that would explain his bad behavior.

      #1 Wrong Career: He is really not doing what HE wants to do - maybe he didn't even want to be an actor but his father pressured him or made it seem like he should carry on 'the family legacy'. Maybe he wanted to be a rock star or an accountant?
      He claimed he succeeded in like 100% of what he tried. I think he WANTED to be where he is.

      #2 Money Demon: Like a Richy Rich Kid, he never really had to work for anything, and had too much time on his hands - just as so often rich kids become substance abusers, gamblers, etc., they have no real purpose to their day like surviving (and behaving so that is possible).

      #3 Spoiled: He could do no wrong - and no matter what he did it was going to be okay. Kids like this actually can act out (bad behavior) on purpose to get some actual emotion from someone. There is some reason this man craves negative attention.
      He had an interview on Alex jones, of ALL places! I know this because I saw it, and part of the interview, on the news. He is CLEARLY a spoiled brat that wants things HIS OWN WAY, no matter what, and will call me a P>>>>, JUST because he figures I am saying this because I am jealous of him. HECK NO! If he were a nice guy, and someone tried to pull him trough the mud, I might actually come to his DEFENSE! HECK, I am not crazy about Mell Gibsons personal life, feel he is too arrogant, etc.... Yet when oxana(sp?) did that stuff with Mel, I tried to get people to realize that it wasn't 100% true, and could have been 100% FALSE! BTW I never met EITHER of them.

      #4 Who knows what the family dynamic was? Father always working - not there for his family. Who knows maybe even Father disrespectful to mother and/or broken home. May be why he gravitates toward sluts and acts like one himself.
      MAYBE! Then again, it DOES fit with the REST of his personality.

      Who knows what makes people vulnerable to demons like addiction?

      Lighten up on Charlie - I like him because he speaks his mind - he is no dimwit ass kisser.

      Right On Charlie
      Just don't die.
      Or get AIDS
      Or have a stroke from the coke
      He speaks his mind all right. As for an "ass kisser"? WHO KNOWS? NOW it really won't change his life in a meaningful way. So this does NOT prove anything. If a person NEVER stole, it doesn't PROVE they are honest. Maybe someone was always watching. MAYBE they were just never caught. If a person is invulnerable, and saves people from burning buildings, etc.... it doesn't mean they are brave. Bravery is doing something that could help another KNOWING IT COULD HURT YOU!

      Steve
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3430418].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rajupp
    so sad this is, I used to love two and a half men
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3430076].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author David Maschke
    Charlie is still VERY marketable! The only question is if there is anyone out there who will pick him up.

    Of course two and a half men is gone, but he can still come back. If someone picks him up NOW, they can ride the wave of PUBLICITY and really CASH IN!

    trying to write like steve I like reading his opinions, I don't know why.
    Signature

    I

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3430513].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TimPhelan
      How did this happen? Here's a time line of incidents that led him to this point:

      A Troubled Sheen | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

      * 1980: Befriends Rob and Chad Lowe
      * 1986: Stars in Platoon and begins lifelong practice of smoking hash out of an M-16 rifle barrel
      * 1991: In a missed sign that something might be wrong, an especially frenetic Sheen films all of his scenes for Hot Shots! in one night
      * 1995–1998:  Sheen accepts a series of roles indicative of someone whose judgment has been severely impaired
      * 2003–2010: Sheen somehow wears cargo shorts for the better part of a decade without anyone even once checking the pockets
      * 2006: Becomes advocate for 9/11 truth movement and is forced to take more and more drugs to keep up with those weirdos
      * 2007: Realizes he hates self
      * 2009: A physically exhausted Sheen turns to stimulants to cope with the grueling number of double takes and eyebrow raises required for his role in Two And A Half Men
      * 2010: CBS implores Sheen to keep doing whatever the hell he wants, but with at least the tiniest goddamn bit of discretion

      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3430600].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author thunderbird
    The way I feel is I don't personally know Charlie Sheen and he never wronged me in any way, so I have nothing personally against him whatsoever. Spoiled brats per se don't bother me. People who actually wrong me do. There is something almost Communist about publicly lashing celebrities, like attacking the landlords, intellectuals, etc. in a public square in Red China or Communist Cambodia. Lots of unspoiled broke-ass folks who I know have given me more trouble than Charlie Sheen, lol.
    Signature

    Project HERE.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3430582].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author seasoned
      Originally Posted by thunderbird View Post

      The way I feel is I don't personally know Charlie Sheen and he never wronged me in any way, so I have nothing personally against him whatsoever. Spoiled brats per se don't bother me. People who actually wrong me do. There is something almost Communist about publicly lashing celebrities, like attacking the landlords, intellectuals, etc. in a public square in Red China or Communist Cambodia. Lots of unspoiled broke-ass folks who I know have given me more trouble than Charlie Sheen, lol.
      Certainly true. I guess if I were addicted to drugs/sex and were filthy rich, I might act the same way. Luckily, I'm not, and I don't.

      And I won't boycott something just because he is in it. His character DOES add something to 2 1/2 men. HECK, he is the one that makes fun of the father, and tries to corrupt the kid. It is just a shame that he really isn't acting. He seems VERY much like that in real life.

      Can he REALLY then be called an actor? 8-?

      Steve
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3430885].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dennis Gaskill
      Originally Posted by thunderbird View Post

      The way I feel is I don't personally know Charlie Sheen and he never wronged me in any way, so I have nothing personally against him whatsoever. Spoiled brats per se don't bother me. People who actually wrong me do. There is something almost Communist about publicly lashing celebrities, like attacking the landlords, intellectuals, etc. in a public square in Red China or Communist Cambodia. Lots of unspoiled broke-ass folks who I know have given me more trouble than Charlie Sheen, lol.
      That seems like a helluva stretch.

      I have nothing against him either, but at the same I don't have much sympathy for him as an actor or for his job loss. He made the choices that resulted in him becoming the Charlie Sheen of today. One might say addiction has taken over, but he made the choice to take drugs in the first place. He made the choice again and again, ignoring every warning sign, until he became addicted.

      Perhaps the "lashing out" is because people don't like to see people throw their lives away. Or they don't want impressionable minds to think certain behaviors should be condoned or emulated. There are probably as many reasons as there are people who do it. I wouldn't call my previous comment lashing out, but I did make a negative comment about him.

      In that particular case, it was merely a commentary that he's been behaving badly for a long time so his latest escapade shouldn't come as much of a surprise to people. I've never watched his show, in fact, if you take away NFL games I probably don't watch more than 10 hours of TV a year. So if someone as out of touch with television and "stars" as I am knows about Sheen and his downward spiral, I reckon nearly everyone does.

      To talk about it hardly makes one a communist. That the comments are negative is largely fueled by his behavior. Besides, most actors crave the limelight, don't you think? That's why they become actors. If they want people talking about them when they do good, they have to accept people talking about them when they do bad. It goes with the territory.
      Signature

      Just when you think you've got it all figured out, someone changes the rules.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3431162].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author thunderbird
        Originally Posted by Dennis Gaskill View Post

        That seems like a helluva stretch.
        Perhaps a little bit...

        (blame HeySal. She writes the dialog for us)
        Signature

        Project HERE.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3431200].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author QuickSurf
          WOW, apparently HBO has offered him a half hour special, that would reportedly pay him 5 million per episode
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3431231].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Dennis Gaskill
          Originally Posted by thunderbird View Post

          Perhaps a little bit...

          (blame HeySal. She writes the dialog for us)
          I know...she's carrying on a dialog with herself using us as her pseudonymous characters. As far as I'm concerned she owes us lunch for all she puts us through.
          Signature

          Just when you think you've got it all figured out, someone changes the rules.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3431274].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jonathan 2.0
        Dennis,

        Sometimes I wonder if people that are “hating/gossiping/whatever” are doing it just for the sake of it. Not too long ago people would turn up to watch a hanging or execution. Sometimes I wonder if this isn't so different.
        Signature
        "Each problem has hidden in it an opportunity so powerful that it literally dwarfs the problem. The greatest success stories were created by people who recognized a problem and turned it into an opportunity."―Joseph Sugarman
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3434772].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kurt
        Originally Posted by Dennis Gaskill View Post

        That seems like a helluva stretch.

        I have nothing against him either, but at the same I don't have much sympathy for him as an actor or for his job loss. He made the choices that resulted in him becoming the Charlie Sheen of today. One might say addiction has taken over, but he made the choice to take drugs in the first place. He made the choice again and again, ignoring every warning sign, until he became addicted.
        So what?

        He's addicted NOW, regardless of any choices made before. And his addiction affects his father, his brother, his daughters and co-workers.

        Plus, what if a fat person has diabetes or a heart attack? Or a smoker is dying of cancer? Does that mean we can't feel sympathy for their situation, despite their earlier choices?

        A person can have sympathy for another and still hold them accountable...Caring about someone isn't a weakness.

        And since you haven't seen the show, much of the humor is about Charlie drinking too much and being a womanizer, basically he plays himself. The producers didn't have a problem as long as they were making money.

        But the show really only reinforces Charlie's bad habits and only when it affected the producers making a buck did they have a problem. Even when Charlie was totally wasted, he'd show up for work. The only times he missed work was when he was in recovery, trying to get well and NOT do the stuff he does on the show.

        On a more positive note, I think they can save the show until Charlie returns...I say hire Emillio to play Charlie's long-lost evil twin that Mom gave up for adoption at birth.

        But don't have him do what Charlie does...Maybe make him a two-bit con artist in the mold of Eddie Haskell. "Hi Mrs. Cleaver, that's a pretty dress you're wearing".
        Signature
        Serious about Print on Demand? Discover how YOU can join my FREE exclusive secret alliance
        Plus how to get my Print on Demand Treasure Maps for FREE
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3434986].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
          Banned
          Originally Posted by Kurt View Post

          He's addicted NOW, regardless of any choices made before.
          Does that exonerate him for all the choices he so repeatedly made before?

          Originally Posted by Kurt View Post

          A person can have sympathy for another and still hold them accountable
          I agree with that. But when you say "The more I read about addiction and brain function, the more I believe we have less control over our choices than we think we do", one could perhaps be forgiven for getting the impression that you're actually trying not to hold him accountable for being a violent delinquent? :confused:
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3435949].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Kurt
            Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

            Does that exonerate him for all the choices he so repeatedly made before?



            I agree with that. But when you say "The more I read about addiction and brain function, the more I believe we have less control over our choices than we think we do", one could perhaps be forgiven for getting the impression that you're actually trying not to hold him accountable for being a violent delinquent? :confused:
            His personal choices that don't hurt others are nobody's business. If he wants to do coke every day and have a hooker in every closet, so be it. And he doesn't need my "exhoneration" for his personal choices.

            And I said I have a problem with his violent acts and hold him accountable for those. He went to court over one of them here in Colorado, and I agree with him being prosecuted for his acts that hurt others.

            But there's a difference between punishment and treatment. Hopefully, punishment convinces some to get treatment. Our legal system is NOT qualified to treat addiction, our medical system is. But obvioiusly, the court didn't help, did it?

            BTW, my quote said "the more" and "the more", which is a relative term, in relation to my own thoughts. I never defined how much "more" or what that means, only that I believe that we have LESS control than I did before, after reading and watching a number of studies on the brain and behavior. And you don't know what this means, since I haven't told you. I NEVER said "no control", which is what you seem to be implying.
            Signature
            Serious about Print on Demand? Discover how YOU can join my FREE exclusive secret alliance
            Plus how to get my Print on Demand Treasure Maps for FREE
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3436548].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author seasoned
              Originally Posted by Kurt View Post

              His personal choices that don't hurt others are nobody's business. If he wants to do coke every day and have a hooker in every closet, so be it. And he doesn't need my "exhoneration" for his personal choices.

              And I said I have a problem with his violent acts and hold him accountable for those. He went to court over one of them here in Colorado, and I agree with him being prosecuted for his acts that hurt others.

              But there's a difference between punishment and treatment. Hopefully, punishment convinces some to get treatment. Our legal system is NOT qualified to treat addiction, our medical system is. But obvioiusly, the court didn't help, did it?

              BTW, my quote said "the more" and "the more", which is a relative term, in relation to my own thoughts. I never defined how much "more" or what that means, only that I believe that we have LESS control than I did before, after reading and watching a number of studies on the brain and behavior. And you don't know what this means, since I haven't told you. I NEVER said "no control", which is what you seem to be implying.
              Well, he DID hurt others, even if it were just the actors, producers, stage workers, etc.... around the show.

              But I think Alexa just wants to air how she feels about all this and doesn't actually expect anyone here to do anything meaningful.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3436610].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Dennis Gaskill
          Originally Posted by Kurt View Post

          So what?

          He's addicted NOW, regardless of any choices made before. And his addiction affects his father, his brother, his daughters and co-workers.

          Plus, what if a fat person has diabetes or a heart attack? Or a smoker is dying of cancer? Does that mean we can't feel sympathy for their situation, despite their earlier choices?

          A person can have sympathy for another and still hold them accountable...Caring about someone isn't a weakness.

          And since you haven't seen the show, blah blah blah....
          Interesting how you selectively highlighted part of my post so you could have your say, while ignoring a very key sentence and phrase within that sentence. I've posted it below so you can't miss it this time:

          I don't have much sympathy for him as an actor or for his job loss.

          See that? I worded it that particular way for a reason.

          The person, the real Charlie Sheen, is not the actor nor the job. In another post you wrote: "Long ago I learned to seperate art from the artist."

          Don't you see that's what I was doing? Think about it.
          Signature

          Just when you think you've got it all figured out, someone changes the rules.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3469641].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kurt
    Long ago I learned to seperate art from the artist. One of my very favorite artists is Leadbelly. He killed two people and had a number of other violent events. He was released from prison only because of his talent and not for "good behavior", and committed a couple of more violent acts after, that we know of.

    I don't support killing people and I would never claim Leadbelly was a good person. But I still love his music. Half the people I like as artists/actors/athletes are probably jerks in person.

    I also really enjoy watching 2 1/2 Men...It doesn't mean I support what Charlie does, or that he has to be a great guy to be a good entertainer. If he wants a porn star in every closet and do lines all nite long, that's his business.

    On the other hand, his violence in recent years is a problem, IMO. He can do whatever he wants to himself and with consenting adults, but the violence is troubling to me.
    Signature
    Serious about Print on Demand? Discover how YOU can join my FREE exclusive secret alliance
    Plus how to get my Print on Demand Treasure Maps for FREE
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3430647].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Algorithms
    He was being paid two million per/episode, and it was the most popular sitcom for the past several years. There is a market for him, and all the major networks, including CBS know it. Big Ratings = Big Money, and at the end of the day, that's all that really matters.

    With that said, he is destroying himself with the drugs and alcohol. His income from the show is enabling the lifestyle, and until he hits rock bottom, I do not see him turning his life around. Perhaps CBS could come up with a compromise. Spend a year away from the show, get clean, stay clean, and we will renew your contract for another season. But I don't see him going for that, and even if he did, old habits die strong.

    I still watch the show from time to time, and I always suspected his real life was very similar to the show. It never seemed like acting to me. His writers probably watched his day to day life and put it into the script.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3431059].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alex Barboza
    I feel very bad for Charlie Sheen. You won't believe how popular 2 and 1/2 men is here in Colombia. My wife and I love it. My friends and brothers love it too. Hope he comes back
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3431178].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Fernando Veloso
    Poor Charlie, he's losing it real fast.

    Signature
    People make good money selling to the rich. But the rich got rich selling to the masses.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3434807].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jonathan 2.0
      Originally Posted by Fernando Veloso View Post

      Poor Charlie, he's losing it real fast.
      See I don't understand the point of that. (Generally, I'd rather see people succeed rather than revel in their failure.)
      Signature
      "Each problem has hidden in it an opportunity so powerful that it literally dwarfs the problem. The greatest success stories were created by people who recognized a problem and turned it into an opportunity."―Joseph Sugarman
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3434818].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jasonthewebmaster
    Banned
    Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post

    Well, I guess you've all heard the latest. Charlie Sheen has made an ass of
    himself, yet again, and 2 1/2 Men has been shut down for the remainder of
    the season and they're not sure if they're coming back for season 9.

    Way to go Charlie.

    You sure know how to turn a great career into trash.

    HAHA! Does anyone have any video? LOL
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3434859].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jasonthewebmaster
    Banned
    AHH Watch this:
    Charlie Sheen's rant


    I don't really see anything wrong with what he said.

    and I doubt his career is in jeopardy... i mean it's Charlie Sheen! SOMEONE will want to hire him.. if not CBS... and you know HE KNOWS THAT.. so he is just telling them to KICK ROCKS... which they deserve to hear if they actually did stop doing their job writing for the show!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3434871].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jonathan 2.0
      Originally Posted by jasonthewebmaster View Post

      I don't really see anything wrong with what he said.
      All I see is a decent man who's gone off the rails.
      Signature
      "Each problem has hidden in it an opportunity so powerful that it literally dwarfs the problem. The greatest success stories were created by people who recognized a problem and turned it into an opportunity."―Joseph Sugarman
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3434907].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author seasoned
      Originally Posted by jasonthewebmaster View Post

      AHH Watch this:
      Charlie Sheen's rant


      I don't really see anything wrong with what he said.

      and I doubt his career is in jeopardy... i mean it's Charlie Sheen! SOMEONE will want to hire him.. if not CBS... and you know HE KNOWS THAT.. so he is just telling them to KICK ROCKS... which they deserve to hear if they actually did stop doing their job writing for the show!
      You SERIOUSLY don't see ANYTHING wrong with that? He said ALL OTHERS were IDIOTS, and would have NOTHING if it weren't for him. He said he was a magic F18 that could either give them everything or destroy them.

      Sharon Waxman said this was designed to break a contract! So charlie sheen WANTED this result. Of course, NOW people know they can't trust him, which means most value he had/has is TAINTED!!!!!

      Steve
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3436425].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jasonthewebmaster
        Banned
        Originally Posted by seasoned View Post

        You SERIOUSLY don't see ANYTHING wrong with that? He said ALL OTHERS were IDIOTS, and would have NOTHING if it weren't for him. He said he was a magic F18 that could either give them everything or destroy them.

        Sharon Waxman said this was designed to break a contract! So charlie sheen WANTED this result. Of course, NOW people know they can't trust him, which means most value he had/has is TAINTED!!!!!

        Steve

        Well, aside from the fact that he obviously has addiction issues... no i don't see anything wrong with calling some people idiots.. I mean, sometimes people need to be called idiots.

        LOL now i guess i didnt hear the part about him being an F-18 but of course that is a simple metaphor. I hate when people take everything literal and call a person crazy for it.

        But yes, he does have issues and that is proven.. however I don't think he actually said much wrong... in fact he talks like a... like a WINNER who is used to WINNING LOL and DESTROYING people (figuratively of course)

        now that being said... he definitely does NOT sound like he is sober... and sounds like he has a LOT of hate inside and needs to forgive the people he is upset with.

        Now, despite all of this being potentially bad for his career (that is yet to be proven) we have evidence to the contrary...

        He actually joined Twitter and had over 1 million followers within the next day!! Could you guys imagine getting followers that fast!? Wow, he could make a career just from tweeting, I sear!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3472995].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author seasoned
          Originally Posted by jasonthewebmaster View Post

          Well, aside from the fact that he obviously has addiction issues... no i don't see anything wrong with calling some people idiots.. I mean, sometimes people need to be called idiots.
          WOW, so many lock onto ONE statement I made that led into what I was basically saying.

          LOL now i guess i didnt hear the part about him being an F-18 but of course that is a simple metaphor. I hate when people take everything literal and call a person crazy for it.
          The F18 part was only PART of it! AGAIN, I was NOT talking about what he SAID. You are right, it is a metaphor. I was talking about what was MEANT, that he was FANTASTIC, ALWAYS a success, all others were stupid vermin, and he would destroy them. DESTROY obviously meaning to make everything they have WORTHLESS!

          But yes, he does have issues and that is proven.. however I don't think he actually said much wrong... in fact he talks like a... like a WINNER who is used to WINNING LOL and DESTROYING people (figuratively of course)

          now that being said... he definitely does NOT sound like he is sober... and sounds like he has a LOT of hate inside and needs to forgive the people he is upset with.

          Now, despite all of this being potentially bad for his career (that is yet to be proven) we have evidence to the contrary...

          He actually joined Twitter and had over 1 million followers within the next day!! Could you guys imagine getting followers that fast!? Wow, he could make a career just from tweeting, I sear!
          MANY people have done such things and gotten a huge following, or at least many talking to them, and trying to see what they are doing/saying. FEW are real successes. A large list does NOT make you a success. In fact, some may BOYCOTT what he supports!

          Steve
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3473381].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ernie Lo
      Originally Posted by jasonthewebmaster View Post

      AHH Watch this:
      Charlie Sheen's rant
      That was from the Alex Jones interview....funny how they just say "radio Interview" and don't mention anything about Alex Jones....we cant have the sheep waking up can we
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3436871].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author thunderbird
        Originally Posted by Ernie Lonardo View Post

        That was from the Alex Jones interview....funny how they just say "radio Interview" and don't mention anything about Alex Jones....we cant have the sheep waking up can we
        The mainstream media tends to shun bloggers, since the only actual independent investigative journalists nowadays are bloggers (eg Brad Friedman who has broken several stories but is almost never credited by the New York Times, Fox, and other trashy news tabloids).
        Signature

        Project HERE.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3436881].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author dftrus
          Let's hope these latest developments are the wake-up call that Charlie needs to finally get his life back on track. He will need a lot of help. I wish him well.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3436923].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Doug
    Makes one wonder... say just 5 short years from now, Charlie Sheen has cleaned up both addiction and lifestyle... would those in the industry around him still be willing to pay upwards of $2 (or more) million per episode for his talent?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3435730].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Oksa
    I only wish the show would have been put on indefinite hiatus for different reasons.

    It's sad that the other people involved in the show suddenly don't have a job, but I believe with the (mystifying) popularity of the show, the principals will have no problem getting new gigs.

    My other thought is that, lately, Charlie has been saying he can keep doing all the partying and drugs because it doesn't affect his work on the show. Well now it HAS affected his work on the show. Hopefully this will be his rock bottom and he will get the help he needs.

    All the best,
    Michael
    Signature

    "Ich bin en fuego!"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3435835].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author seasoned
      Originally Posted by Michael Oksa View Post

      I only wish the show would have been put on indefinite hiatus for different reasons.

      It's sad that the other people involved in the show suddenly don't have a job, but I believe with the (mystifying) popularity of the show, the principals will have no problem getting new gigs.

      My other thought is that, lately, Charlie has been saying he can keep doing all the partying and drugs because it doesn't affect his work on the show. Well now it HAS affected his work on the show. Hopefully this will be his rock bottom and he will get the help he needs.

      All the best,
      Michael
      I agree. And I see *****NO***** reason why they can't make an episode where charlie sheens character somehow or other can't pay for the place, and ends up selling it to a brother or cousin, that is SIMILAR, and takes over. MANY series have done such things, and some even PLAN for it. There may EVEN be a clause in the contract to use public footage. HECK, the footage is copyright, etc.. the original people that have a BLANKET release, so the studio needs NO prior agreement, etc... Oh there are SO many ways to play this! And IMAGINE how such a scheme as I laid out could affect the industry! USUALLY they do one of like 4 things.

      1. Use prior footage, and have a hole.
      2. Leave a hole with no explanation.
      3. Try to switch with NO explanation, like on bewitched.
      4. Have the character film final sequences, like they did on three's company.

      Steve
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3436452].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Patrician
    To take a line from a book that I can't mention, in so many words it says:

    You can always see the speck in your brother's eye but you can't see the plank in your own.

    I guess it is just evil human nature to pass judgement on others - especially if they are rich and successful...
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3436671].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Michael Oksa
      Originally Posted by Patrician View Post

      To take a line from a book that I can't mention, in so many words it says:

      You can always see the speck in your brother's eye but you can't see the plank in your own.

      I guess it is just evil human nature to pass judgement on others - especially if they are rich and successful...
      Amen to that Patricia! Amen!

      All the best,
      Michael
      Signature

      "Ich bin en fuego!"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3437035].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jonathan 2.0
      Originally Posted by Patrician View Post

      You can always see the speck in your brother's eye but you can't see the plank in your own.
      Good observation Patrician. Reminds me of this one (which I practice) from H. Jackson Brown Jr. ("Life's Little Instruction Book.")

      "Let the refining and improving of your own life keep you so busy that you have little time to criticize others."
      Signature
      "Each problem has hidden in it an opportunity so powerful that it literally dwarfs the problem. The greatest success stories were created by people who recognized a problem and turned it into an opportunity."―Joseph Sugarman
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3440137].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chris Worner
    So of all the armchair psychologists on Warrior Forum, who here actually has a psychology degree?

    Sadly, the real victms here are the children who have to watch this all play out on TV and in the media.

    Chris

    P.S. Mix in some pornstars and a crazy ex wife and he has even bigger issues.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3437156].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Michael Oksa
      Originally Posted by Chris Worner View Post

      So of all the armchair psychologists on Warrior Forum, who here actually has a psychology degree?

      Sadly, the real victms here are the children who have to watch this all play out on TV and in the media.

      Chris

      P.S. Mix in some pornstars and a crazy ex wife and he has even bigger issues.
      No, the real victims were all of the people who watched the show.



      But I fully admit that's just my opinion.

      I really hope Charlie gets the help he needs.

      All the best,
      Michael
      Signature

      "Ich bin en fuego!"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3437620].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author virtuose1
      They don't Knows the chance They are.
      Win Money too easily and we will become crazy.
      They are really too money.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3495639].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author scrofford
    Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post

    Well, I guess you've all heard the latest. Charlie Sheen has made an ass of
    himself, yet again, and 2 1/2 Men has been shut down for the remainder of
    the season and they're not sure if they're coming back for season 9.

    Way to go Charlie.

    You sure know how to turn a great career into trash.
    Well I don't know if he really made an ass of himself. I also don't think he ruined his career. I think he stood up for something he believed in this time. And whether we are pissed that the show got cancelled or not, the point is that Charlie has every right to give his opinion about his life and his feelings.

    Just because he's a movie star, why should he keep his mouth shut? He obviously felt like he needed to tell the world how he felt. Why is that so wrong? He's may have problems, but I think it's cool that he stood up for what he believed. So yeah, way to go Charlie! More power to ya!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3437384].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bravo75
    The only role I ever liked Charlie in was in Ferris Bueller's (spelling) day off. When he played the spaced out druggie.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3437648].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Ten
    self destruct? what? he has like 1.5 million twitter followers in 24 hours. he is only good at winning. not losing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3469473].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bertyounger
    Frankly if isn't Charlie Sheen it's another celebrity. I kind of think he should hook up with Lindsay Lohan and they can sponsor male and female version of a perfume called "Rehab". Think of the commercial possibilities! Add an Amy Winehouse vocal and it's gold I tell you!

    Out of curiosity has anybody managed to take advantage of the "Sheen" Internet trend?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3472224].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Oksa
    Originally Posted by Ken_Caudill View Post

    Charlie Sheen owes you nothing. He owes the media nothing. In fact, he should charge the media for using him to attract readers and sell ads.
    Who says he isn't?

    LOL

    But you know he'll get paid a ton of money in one way or another. So, he may or may not be charging them directly (and he certainly could be getting hefty appearance fees), but he's going to cash in on this big time. Well, hopefully him, and not his estate.

    All the best,
    Michael
    Signature

    "Ich bin en fuego!"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3472526].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Roaddog
      Originally Posted by Michael Oksa View Post

      Who says he isn't?

      LOL

      But you know he'll get paid a ton of money in one way or another. So, he may or may not be charging them directly (and he certainly could be getting hefty appearance fees), but he's going to cash in on this big time. Well, hopefully him, and not his estate.

      All the best,
      Michael
      From what I read he's preparing to sign a contract to Tweet some products for a million dollars a year. I'm sure that's not nearly the end of it. That may not be two mill an episode...but I think I could 'struggle' by on a million a year.

      I just picture all the producers and ad men (who REALLY have the money in Hollyweird) rubbing their greedy little hands together, over the million plus followers on Twitter.

      Kim Kardashian already makes up to 25,000 to tweet a product.

      Jim
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3472686].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Karen Blundell
        I think it's awful how a lot of people seem to take immense pleasure in seeing a celebrity fall from grace. It's just a horrible thing to witness.

        Imho, what that man does in his private life is his business. Like Kurt posted, as long as Charlie Sheen doesn't hurt anyone else, then what's the fuss? Sometimes I think this kind of media attention is deliberate so as to distract all of us from what is really going on - the important stuff.

        sheesh...
        Signature
        ---------------
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3472967].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author carlo99
    I used to watch the show, and it was fun. Well, at this point, he should have learned, loosing his career is one reason for him to get over with his addiction. Good luck Charlie.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3473411].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author thunderbird
    A number of posters have a point here. Getting over a million followers on Twitter within 24 hours (landing in the Guiness Book of World Records) and being paid 10K or more per tweet that merely mentions a product seems like a nice way to self-destruct.
    Signature

    Project HERE.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3474702].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MikeAmbrosio
      Originally Posted by Karen Blundell View Post

      I think it's awful how a lot of people seem to take immense pleasure in seeing a celebrity fall from grace. It's just a horrible thing to witness.

      Imho, what that man does in his private life is his business. Like Kurt posted, as long as Charlie Sheen doesn't hurt anyone else, then what's the fuss? Sometimes I think this kind of media attention is deliberate so as to distract all of us from what is really going on - the important stuff.

      sheesh...
      Well, there's a difference between "falling from grace" and shooting oneself in the foot. I never had sympathy for self-inflicted (and totally avoidable) wounds.

      As for not hurting others, well, he ain't hurting me, but he sure as heck is hurting others. Addicts do that. I know this from family experience. People tend to ignore this when the person with the problem has money or is famous. Which in the end, hurts THEM more.

      Seeing him in his interviews without all the studio makeup tells me everything I need to know about his self-medication (ha) problem.


      Originally Posted by thunderbird View Post

      A number of posters have a point here. Getting over a million followers on Twitter within 24 hours (landing in the Guiness Book of World Records) and being paid 10K or more per tweet that merely mentions a product seems like a nice way to self-destruct.
      A coke-head is a coke-head. Whether they have untold millions or live on the streets. The difference is, when you have untold millions, people call you "eccentric", giggle and say "oh well"
      Signature

      Are you protecting your on line business? If you have a website, blog, ecommerce store you NEED to back it up regularly. Your webhost will only protect you so much. Check out Quirkel. Protect yourself.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3475016].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Sam England
        I'm not jumping on the Sheen Train just yet, because that motherfu$$er is heading straight to Wrecksville...

        ~Sam
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3475032].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author thunderbird
        Originally Posted by MikeAmbrosio View Post

        <snip>

        A coke-head is a coke-head. Whether they have untold millions or live on the streets. The difference is, when you have untold millions, people call you "eccentric", giggle and say "oh well"
        Yes. It is about whether someone is at the mercy of other people's judgments. The more money one has, the less they depend on others perceptions and definitions.
        Signature

        Project HERE.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3475093].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Roaddog
        Originally Posted by MikeAmbrosio View Post

        Well, there's a difference between "falling from grace" and shooting oneself in the foot. I never had sympathy for self-inflicted (and totally avoidable) wounds.

        As for not hurting others, well, he ain't hurting me, but he sure as heck is hurting others. Addicts do that. I know this from family experience. People tend to ignore this when the person with the problem has money or is famous. Which in the end, hurts THEM more.

        Seeing him in his interviews without all the studio makeup tells me everything I need to know about his self-medication (ha) problem.

        A coke-head is a coke-head. Whether they have untold millions or live on the streets. The difference is, when you have untold millions, people call you "eccentric", giggle and say "oh well"

        Mike, I see you as one of the 'level heads" on the forum and all kidding aside...where I bolded...I can't agree more.

        The way I see it..(thru experienced eyes on the drugs and alcohol and a few other things I am sure Charlie has never sweated) is that yes he has had a serious addiction to fame, money, drugs and alcohol, etc...

        IMO he's in a manic phase, now....Coming down... Personally I think it's come to a head (as it always seems too, one way or another) for him. In front of the world.

        The true test is going to be seeing if he can take care of his kids. If a man brings a child into this world and doesn't fight tooth and nail for them...then he's a scumbag and I for one will be the first to denounce him. Drunk or sober.

        Until then I'm going to root for his recovery, and watch the Charlie show.
        He hasn't said anything that proves he's a complete loon yet. I've heard crazier things out of a lot more important people than him.

        How you treat the young and the elderly in this life is what you should be measured by.

        So far I give Charlie the benefit of the doubt.


        Hope he doesn't f up



        Jim
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3475153].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Algorithms
          Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post


          The true test is going to be seeing if he can take care of his kids. If a man brings a child into this world and doesn't fight tooth and nail for them...then he's a scumbag and I for one will be the first to denounce him. Drunk or sober.

          Jim
          I have long felt he needs to hit rock bottom before anything will change. Has that happened? Well, he lost his kids and a high paying job, and for most that would be the bottom.

          I still have my doubts on whether or not he's ready to change. If you read some of his tweets, it sounds like his priorities are shifting in the right direction. But actions speak louder than words, and I will wait to see it before I believe it.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3477231].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author MikeAmbrosio
            Originally Posted by Algorithms View Post

            I have long felt he needs to hit rock bottom before anything will change. Has that happened? Well, he lost his kids and a high paying job, and for most that would be the bottom.

            I still have my doubts on whether or not he's ready to change. If you read some of his tweets, it sounds like his priorities are shifting in the right direction. But actions speak louder than words, and I will wait to see it before I believe it.

            Rock bottom is different for all addicts, but I can tell you from the people I know who are addicts say the same thing...

            Rock bottom for them was when they could no longer GET their drugs. Everything dried up. No money, no job, no one to give it to them, no one to steal from and nothing left to sell to get money.

            That's why it's so tough for many "rich" addicts to quit and why guys like Sheen brush it all away as "self-medicating". They keep themselves in the dark about their own addictions.
            Signature

            Are you protecting your on line business? If you have a website, blog, ecommerce store you NEED to back it up regularly. Your webhost will only protect you so much. Check out Quirkel. Protect yourself.

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3477349].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author thunderbird
          Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post

          <snip>

          The true test is going to be seeing if he can take care of his kids. If a man brings a child into this world and doesn't fight tooth and nail for them...then he's a scumbag and I for one will be the first to denounce him. Drunk or sober.
          <snip>
          My brother's a more serious polyamorous playboy than Charlie Sheen and to outsiders and some insiders alike would appear to be the living definition of irresponsibility. His daughter is a nice well-adjusted girl who passed a highly competitive university entrance exam and got 2,400 on her SAT. Intelligence and success is about adaptability, not conformity.

          (I don't live like that myself, and raise my son in a quite traditional family setting. I am just suggesting that reality isn't as cut and dried as some people may imagine)
          Signature

          Project HERE.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3477370].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Ten
    can't you recognize winning when you see it???????
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3475409].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dgridley
    I believe I saw a Wordpress plugin today that posts random Charlie Sheen quotes to your blog..
    Signature
    davew3b tumblr blog | davew3b posterous blog | God Bless You (Facebook)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3476259].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3476571].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dagaul101
    Last I heard he passed a drugs test, I wish him the best, he is a fine actor
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3487273].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author I4Visual
    It was a shame yes, personally I stopped watching Two and a Half men after the first 2 series, as it just went on too long for my liking.
    I've seen his interviews, they were quite funny.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3487307].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author writetale
    charlie is mentally ill. period. could have been the coke, the hash, prescribed pills...who knows.

    just as we break our limbs, get cuts, bruises, whatever, the brain CAN get injured. charlie's brain has sustained a SEVERE injury. yes, he walks, he talks, he eats---and it may look "normal"---but he is severely injured, nonetheless.

    he's an addict. (and he might also be bipolar...they go hand in hand). as are many, MANY people out there. there are a staggering (no pun intended) amount of people who are self-medicating. including that driver in the car next to you....or that co-worker in the next cubicle who talks a little too loud or binges just a little too long on the weekend.

    it's a complicated and complex problem. so many factors involved. and so, so much unhappiness--all around. and it's getting worse.

    how much more depressing s**t do you have to hear/witness/be involved in before YOU go over the deep end???
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3495533].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Slickest
    The Clickerazzi are ready to hop on the Charlie train

    GoDaddy Reports Nearly 1000 Charlie Sheen-Related Domain Registrations
    Signature
    Slickest.com selling and brokering domain names since 1998!
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Need Adult Writing done? Contact me! Custom from PG to XX
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3495559].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Algorithms
    Well, someone finally "songified" the interview.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3496167].message }}

Trending Topics