latest india cencus 2011 population 1210000000

20 replies
  • OFF TOPIC
  • |
latest india cencus 2011 population 1210000000 it is equal to united state , indonesia, brazil , pakistan, japan , bangladesh, .....utterpradesh and maharashtra two state population is equal to united state country..
  • Profile picture of the author sanamuskan
    Banned
    Congratulation to India.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3633467].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ameen01
    this population can be utilized in constructive way, we have a large manpower.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3633634].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HeySal
    That means that India is almost or as populated as China. Guess there's no education in those countries on what over-carrying capacity population can do. Maybe someone should get around to that before the famine, eh?
    Signature

    Sal
    When the Roads and Paths end, learn to guide yourself through the wilderness
    Beyond the Path

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3634123].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alex Barboza
      Originally Posted by HeySal View Post

      That means that India is almost or as populated as China. Guess there's no education in those countries on what over-carrying capacity population can do. Maybe someone should get around to that before the famine, eh?
      Agreed. The real problem is that in their culture having lots of kids means abundance. Here in my country having lots of kids means poverty.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3637312].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seasoned
    Actually, more people means MORE NEED! It does NOT generally mean more manpower. People in india and china range from rich to poor, satiated to very needy, etc.... And I bet MOST are poor and needy. Think of it! Last I heard there were MAYBE 7 billion people on the planet. In just the arab lands, india, and china, they have over half the worlds population.

    BTW china risked normal family lifes, freedom, and genetic diversity by limiting people to like one child. Because of the culture, tradition, and the stiff law, most females were KILLED or very impoverished, which obviously limits genetic diversity. But they did it because they knew things were getting OUT OF HAND! They had TOO MANY people.

    IN 1.2B over 3M sq km
    China 1.3B over 9.6M sq km
    US .3B over 9.2M sq km

    Approximations based on the CIA fact book. CHINA may think that is great becaause they can have a HUGE army, but that really is kind of ridiculous. And India has only 1/3 as much land per person as china has, and CHINA is concerned, about THEMSELVES!!!

    steve
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3634819].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Roaddog
      Originally Posted by seasoned View Post

      Think of it! Last I heard there were MAYBE 7 million people on the planet.
      steve

      Steve, you want to put those 6 billion people back, please?

      I mean April fools is cool....but....I had more people than that in my high school.

      C'mon now big guy, you can't keep em, put em back...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3635056].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Tashi Mortier
        If only manpower was everything that counted... It will be really hard to feed all those people!

        The problem is that there are so many huge families because they need enough children so that they can pay for their living.

        It shouldn't be that way, you should have as many children as you want to have, not need to have.

        edit: Just wanted to add: This is what I learned through various news channels etc. So please don't blame me, if this is incorrect information.
        Signature

        Want to read my personal blog? Tashi Mortier

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3635216].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author HeySal
          Originally Posted by Tashi Mortier View Post

          If only manpower was everything that counted... It will be really hard to feed all those people!

          The problem is that there are so many huge families because they need enough children so that they can pay for their living.

          It shouldn't be that way, you should have as many children as you want to have, not need to have.

          edit: Just wanted to add: This is what I learned through various news channels etc. So please don't blame me, if this is incorrect information.
          Tashi - if people don't give up personal freedom to have as many kids as they want and start limiting to 1/2 replacement numbers (1 per couple) - if we have ONE cold year can start some chain reactions that are going to kill over half of the population. Scientists are in a screaming rush trying to save ecosystems right now - it's getting colder. If they don't move fast enough a hell of a lot of people are going to die because others refused to stop reproducing. In the last couple thousand years the only famines were man made -- the one we are moving into right now is a NATURAL famine. That means major problems that we can't solve. Now what happens to China or India if we have a natural famine (which means not enough to go around period) and nobody else is going to give up resources for them? They die. Simply put. They die.

          Most of the countries that have severe population overages are not able to sustain themselves. They live solely because they get aid. That aid will not always be available. When the excrement hits the air conditioning, people will try to migrate - when they do this they push other areas over carrying capacity and destroy those people's living ability, too. So in a crisis, there won't be many countries saying "come on over, we can help" - they'll be saying "cross that border and we'll shoot your ass".

          Politicians and scientists have been trying to figure out how to reconcile personal freedom with population reduction now for half a decade. People aren't cooperating - they refuse to believe there's a problem. Within this decade, there's going to be billions of people getting a very huge surprise.
          Signature

          Sal
          When the Roads and Paths end, learn to guide yourself through the wilderness
          Beyond the Path

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3635684].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author seasoned
        Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post

        Steve, you want to put those 6 billion people back, please?

        I mean April fools is cool....but....I had more people than that in my high school.

        C'mon now big guy, you can't keep em, put em back...
        SORRY, I meant BILLION! OK, I slipped up!

        steve
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3637182].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Vijay M
    Whatever...the greatest match is about to happen in a few hours..

    India is going to win the world cup..too excited to sleep.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3635697].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seasoned
    OK, I don't know WHO did the age ranges for the cia fact book. The person must have been an idiot, because they are WORTHLESS! Some that are 0-14 may even work, just as some 65+ may. So what are the numbers good for?

    0-14 352,866,393
    15-64 771,476,710
    65+ 64,829,803

    If we used the 0-14 figure to mean 10-23, and only THEY each had ONE kid, that is 176,433,196 new kids! Obviously, even at 40 chances may be ok, which is 2 MORE decades, 3 times the number, or 529,299,589. That is almost TWICE the population of the US, in NINE MONTHS!

    BTW the CIA says the population is growing at around 15,982,484 people a year. About 1/20 the US population. It is the 87th fastest growing country. The US is the 120th. For ONCE I am happy to hear the US is so far down. China is now 153rd! Probably because of all the laws.

    Steve
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3637254].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HeySal
    That's part of the problem, Alex. Natural growth is taking place most rapidly in poor countries that can't sustain their population in the first place. Then these hordes of poor people have to strip resources for fuel because they can't afford oil. The result is devastating. In Haiti they have almost completely wiped out their forests - once they do that, not only will people die, but a chain reaction is started in the ecosystem that will have repercussions worldwide. Haitians have to boil their main food source or it is poisonous and the price of gas is rising. So what do we do? How many of these people can other places absorb as immigrants without damaging their own land and resources? How many of those people would actually have the means to get out of there in the first place?

    This type of thing is the whole reason for the Millennium Project (United Nations). By raising people's standard of living and educating them, they are able to use resources more wisely and also have fewer children, more well planned families. The only other recourse we have now is enforced population control. I have no problem with that - but most people have a BIG problem with it. How long can we allow individual freedom outweigh the freedom of all to live? Where are the lines drawn and how can control be enforced?

    We are inside of the 6th major extinction and are pulling out of the inter-glacial era. If someone doesn't figure it out real quick, humans could as easily be a victim this time as dinosaurs were in one of the previous mass extinctions. People need to quit worrying about their OWN rights if they want life on this planet to survive. We're over the tipping point already - science isn't moving fast enough, and no matter how fast they move, we might have reached a point that we are not going to be able to reverse it. Hell - most people don't even get the point of recycling yet.
    Signature

    Sal
    When the Roads and Paths end, learn to guide yourself through the wilderness
    Beyond the Path

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3638301].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kurt
      Originally Posted by HeySal View Post

      That's part of the problem, Alex. Natural growth is taking place most rapidly in poor countries that can't sustain their population in the first place. Then these hordes of poor people have to strip resources for fuel because they can't afford oil. The result is devastating. In Haiti they have almost completely wiped out their forests - once they do that, not only will people die, but a chain reaction is started in the ecosystem that will have repercussions worldwide. Haitians have to boil their main food source or it is poisonous and the price of gas is rising. So what do we do? How many of these people can other places absorb as immigrants without damaging their own land and resources? How many of those people would actually have the means to get out of there in the first place?

      .
      A big part of the solution is parabolic solar concentrators and this is my "pet topic" in life and my site www.shysky.com is dedicated to this topic.

      It's basically a satellite dish and a reflective surface, which can be foil or mylar, which is used in the video below. Notice how fast the wood starts to smoke:

      Other than the reflective surface, the dishes can be made out of just about anything. A group of nomadic Mongols use woven ox hair and foil to make super-light weight solar dishes they tie on their horses.

      The key is to teach them and give them access to a mold, which is basically a replica of a satellite dish and can be made from a variety of local materials.

      I can't remember where, but in some cold climate they're using solar dishes and some special type of ceramic "lump". The lump is heated by the dishes all day, absorbing the heat, then taken indoors at night and they give off heat throughout most of the night, saving a lot of fire wood.

      Parabolic solar dishes don't work at night or without sun and aren't perfect. But they are cheap, are easy to make and can make a huge difference in air and water quality, trees and local economies.

      There's a million ways to make parabolic dishes...Here's a great video showing the concept of using cob (dirt) to make molds for solar cookers:

      Signature
      Discover the fastest and easiest ways to create your own valuable products.
      Tons of FREE Public Domain content you can use to make your own content, PLR, digital and POD products.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3638852].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author HeySal
        Originally Posted by Kurt View Post

        A big part of the solution is parabolic solar concentrators and this is my "pet topic" in life and my site www.shysky.com is dedicated to this topic.

        It's basically a satellite dish and a reflective surface, which can be foil or mylar, which is used in the video below. Notice how fast the wood starts to smoke:
        YouTube - Parabolic dish burning some wood

        Other than the reflective surface, the dishes can be made out of just about anything. A group of nomadic Mongols use woven ox hair and foil to make super-light weight solar dishes they tie on their horses.

        The key is to teach them and give them access to a mold, which is basically a replica of a satellite dish and can be made from a variety of local materials.

        I can't remember where, but in some cold climate they're using solar dishes and some special type of ceramic "lump". The lump is heated by the dishes all day, absorbing the heat, then taken indoors at night and they give off heat throughout most of the night, saving a lot of fire wood.

        Parabolic solar dishes don't work at night or without sun and aren't perfect. But they are cheap, are easy to make and can make a huge difference in air and water quality, trees and local economies.

        There's a million ways to make parabolic dishes...Here's a great video showing the concept of using cob (dirt) to make molds for solar cookers:

        YouTube - Dome mould for compound parabolic solar cookers!
        Interesting - as always, Kurt. That sounds like a great temporary solution to the fuel problem and could save that ecosystem before complete irreversible chain reactions begin. The only long term answer though is population control. What is frightening is that every time a solution like this comes along, people take it to mean they can breed some more. There is just simply a population size that can't be sustained. Period. And we've hit it.

        We have to adopt negative growth measures and numbers. We might as well make a commitment to do it ourselves because Mom Nature is NOT gonna be gentle about slapping us for our stupidity and selfishness.
        Signature

        Sal
        When the Roads and Paths end, learn to guide yourself through the wilderness
        Beyond the Path

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3642879].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Kurt
          Originally Posted by HeySal View Post

          Interesting - as always, Kurt. That sounds like a great temporary solution to the fuel problem and could save that ecosystem before complete irreversible chain reactions begin. The only long term answer though is population control. What is frightening is that every time a solution like this comes along, people take it to mean they can breed some more. There is just simply a population size that can't be sustained. Period. And we've hit it.

          We have to adopt negative growth measures and numbers. We might as well make a commitment to do it ourselves because Mom Nature is NOT gonna be gentle about slapping us for our stupidity and selfishness.
          Parabolic dishes can have a big affect on the environment, but they can also influence culture and economies.

          One example, in many poor areas the job of collecting firewood is very time consuming and is left to young girls. These girls spend the day gathering firewood instead of going to school. And study after study shows that the more educated a culture is, the lower the population growth/birth rate.

          Parabolic dishes can and will put girls in school, where they will learn the importance of population growth, plus the other benefits of an education.

          There's no easy answer and parabolic dishes aren't the total solution. But they can be a big help and should be an important piece of the over-all puzzle.
          Signature
          Discover the fastest and easiest ways to create your own valuable products.
          Tons of FREE Public Domain content you can use to make your own content, PLR, digital and POD products.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3649330].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alam
    Its good for country if they use their people for good. More people means more industries and more industries means more economy for country.

    Originally Posted by samtwokids View Post

    a big populattion but its not good for the country
    Signature
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3638908].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gareth
    Why cant the female population of Russia or Sweden be overpopulated with billions.

    Imagine what a happy place the world would be.

    But no its the nightmare scenario instead - a billion yabbering smelly curry munchers.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3641389].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author seasoned
      Originally Posted by gareth View Post

      Why cant the female population of Russia or Sweden be overpopulated with billions.

      Imagine what a happy place the world would be.

      But no its the nightmare scenario instead - a billion yabbering smelly curry munchers.
      Well, interestingly, at least until old age, there aren't THAT many more females than males. Of course, CHINA changed that in China. Now THEY WANT WOMEN! I don't know if a non chinese woman would really be accepted there though.

      Steve
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3641905].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author staceybrown281
    Whoa! Rapid increasing of number of population sounds bad for me. It is bad for the country.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3642615].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gareth
    I think the Indians are hoping to overtake China in about 20 - 30 years time.

    Not just via population.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3643873].message }}

Trending Topics