where is the best place to buy gold and silver?

by BJ Min
15 replies
  • OFF TOPIC
  • |
hi,

i have been watching lots of gold & silver videos on youtube by a guy named mike maloney (one of robert kiyosaki's experts and he wrote the rich dad's guide to investing in gold & silver)...

he recommends investing in physical gold & silver...

anyone know a SPECIFIC place or website to buy physical gold & silver that is trustworthy?

also he says eft gld & slv are not good ways to buy gold or silver because they manipulate the prices...so physical is supposively the better way to go...

so anyone know this...i think this is very important info since the dollar is going down in value...

thanks
bj
#buy #gold #place #silver
  • Profile picture of the author pavionjsl
    Now we are a shopping network? Try Angies list.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3692000].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rezbi
    Feeling Lazy

    Check out the top left and right.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3692176].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seasoned
    Originally Posted by BJ Min View Post

    hi,

    i have been watching lots of gold & silver videos on youtube by a guy named mike maloney (one of robert kiyosaki's experts and he wrote the rich dad's guide to investing in gold & silver)...

    he recommends investing in physical gold & silver...

    anyone know a SPECIFIC place or website to buy physical gold & silver that is trustworthy?

    also he says eft gld & slv are not good ways to buy gold or silver because they manipulate the prices...so physical is supposively the better way to go...

    so anyone know this...i think this is very important info since the dollar is going down in value...

    thanks
    bj
    ETFs are subject to market perception of the market and the companies, and the companies policies. BTW they ALL manipulate prices! If you buy coins, there is the quality, rarity, and commission. If you buy bars/ingots they charge a percentage above a particular spot price, and a commission on that. So they pay LESS than spot when buying, and charge more than spot when selling.

    GLD, SLV, and SIVR haven't been bad but right now they seem to be down while gold is up. And silver is apparently down. 8-(

    Steve
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3692332].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Shane N
      Originally Posted by seasoned View Post

      And silver is apparently down. 8-(

      Steve
      Umm... Silver is up .02 cents from yesterday [http://www.monex.com/liveprices] and it is up to $40.17 per OUNCE as of this post. Just several months ago it was $20 per ounce, so if someone had purchased $2,000 worth of silver just months ago, it would be worth $4,000 now... (doubled obviously).

      Not too sure what you mean by silver being down... :confused:

      Best,
      Shane

      EDIT: It also goes up and down constantly during the day, just like stocks, however, Silver is still standing strong at ~$40/ounce, which is DOUBLE what it was just several months ago.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3692378].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author seasoned
        Originally Posted by Shane Natan View Post

        Umm... Silver is up .02 cents from yesterday [http://www.monex.com/liveprices] and it is up to $40.17 per OUNCE as of this post. Just several months ago it was $20 per ounce, so if someone had purchased $2,000 worth of silver just months ago, it would be worth $4,000 now... (doubled obviously).

        Not too sure what you mean by silver being down... :confused:

        Best,
        Shane

        EDIT: It also goes up and down constantly during the day, just like stocks, however, Silver is still standing strong at ~$40/ounce, which is DOUBLE what it was just several months ago.
        Admittedly, I went to oanda and compared against the dollar, and went by the stupid little graph. Hey, I didn't know a good site, and didn't want to take the time to check. I did think the trend was off. As for the ETFs, I used freerealtime where I have an account, so THAT assessment was accurate.

        Steve
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3692681].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sanamuskan
    Banned
    best place to buy gold and silver where you purchase in cheaper rate.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3693024].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author seasoned
      Originally Posted by sanamuskan View Post

      best place to buy gold and silver where you purchase in cheaper rate.
      Well, there are only TWO ways to really trade gold.

      1. Some ESTABLISHED object, like a goverment coin, or given antique. The PROBLEM is that if you don't account for the quality of the gold and object, you can't judge the value.

      2. Bars/ingots. Since trading RAW gold/silver is just *******DUMB********, you have to go to an assayer, etc... You know, like the old wild west shows where the prospector has to get it assayed, you generally get hallmarked bars/ingots. They are STAMPED with the weight and purity of the metal as well as the company's trademark. If it is a good hallmark, ANY company/investor will give you a good price right on the spot without bothering to have it assayed.

      So I don't know if you should just look for price.

      Steve
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3695986].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BJ Min
    so where is the places YOU guys buy physical silver?

    i checked out goldsilver.com which is owned by mike maloney (the author of the rich dad series on investing in gold & silver).

    i'm looking for better rates if possible...i found another place that was cheaper...but of course want to look for any other good sources...

    good to hear people discussing this because yes, the silver has gone up from 20 to 40 from beginning of this year up to now i heard...

    thanks
    bj

    ps...the cheaper place i found was apmex.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3695735].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fanimal
    I like the perth mint certificate program, they are cancelling the silver though
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3697245].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jerryj3433
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3702817].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author GAVROCHE
      MONEX is a serious company - see their webpage for details.
      I hope it helps.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3703029].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kenn Peterson
    Originally Posted by BJ Min View Post

    hi,

    i have been watching lots of gold & silver videos on youtube by a guy named mike maloney (one of robert kiyosaki's experts and he wrote the rich dad's guide to investing in gold & silver)...

    he recommends investing in physical gold & silver...

    anyone know a SPECIFIC place or website to buy physical gold & silver that is trustworthy?

    also he says eft gld & slv are not good ways to buy gold or silver because they manipulate the prices...so physical is supposively the better way to go...

    so anyone know this...i think this is very important info since the dollar is going down in value...

    thanks
    bj
    It must be Dubai because i heard about Dubai,Saudi Arabia that are place where you would get Cheapest,stylist ever and different designed jewelery.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3703127].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author comp123
    Banned
    Personally i wouldn't touch gold or silver right now with a 50ft pole. Take a look at some long term charts and will see why. Dont buy something thats already gone up expecting to make any money...and i take that from personal experience.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5385094].message }}

Trending Topics