Why do I have a button that says I can add infractions to other members?

by Seven3
20 replies
  • OFF TOPIC
  • |
I wasn't sure where to put this.

I just thought it was weird, does everyone get a button that lets them add infractions to other users? I thought that would be something for just the mods.

Is it some kind of bug? did I unknowingly sign up with the same user name as a mod?

Lol not sure what to make of it, not gonna test it though.
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4798090].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Seven3
      Ok thanks, I just did a search and found that, first forum I have ever been on where a new member can hand out infractions. Strange but if thats how they choose to run their forum who am I to complain.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4798099].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ronaldmd
      Originally Posted by Whos That Guru View Post

      Everyone here can infract people who break the rules.
      Hopefully the system won't be abused.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4805275].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hardraysnight
    So you can infarct, or is that in infract?, certainly not in fact, with others
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4804223].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Robert Michael
    I doubt it will.

    Someone infracts you for no reason, you infract them back.. simple. lol
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4806356].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vok
    Plus, this isn't the type of place you want to become unpopular with WF being such a close community of IM'ers. The only people who stand to abuse it are the trolls, but they never last long anyway.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4806425].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Antonios
      Well members:

      I just received an infraction for being rude with a WSO GOD Seller!

      I bought a WSO from this seller, couldn't access the download link, requested through a PM to have it sent immediately to start it using his system right away.

      Received an answer: that if I was so "Stupid" and such an "idiot" to be unable to access his product I shouldn't deserve his product, and to request a refund.

      And that I was an "ignoramus!".

      He gave me an infraction because I dare to have been rude to a WSO Seller.

      And he deleted my post from his thread because it was rude.

      I had posted that some WSO sellers advertised as "newbies friendly", but in reality, they weren't, they left out in their systems steps that newbies didn't know.

      Can a WSO seller call a WSO Buyer a stupid, idiot ignoramus?

      Am I so mentally retarded for requesting access to a down load link?

      You be the judge.

      Sincerely,

      Antonios


      Signature
      Want to build your list...but have no money, website or technical skills? Learn to build your list with ease and virtually at zero cost! Free report.
      Click the link below now to start today:
      http://cash4yes.com/build-your-list-with-ease/
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5002901].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KimW
    "And he deleted my post from his thread because it was rude."

    No,he did not. He may have asked that a Mod delete it,but unless something has changed,you can only delete your own posts (and Mods,of course).

    The number one rule here is if two people have a problem,its between them and nobody else.
    However,if you can back up with proof what you claim,and this is only my opinion, you should contact the Help desk,

    However,I am suspect that even after being here a year,you do not know the rules,because if you did,you would not have made this post and the a Mod would not have changed your sig.
    Signature

    Read A Post.
    Subscribe to a Newsletter
    KimWinfrey.Com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5003019].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Thomas Wilkinson
    Kim, you forgot to tell Seven3 he needs to activate the button before it will work. Seven3, scroll around the forum until you see a post by Paul Myers and hit that button about ten or twelve times. Then it will work just fine.

    Thomas
    Signature
    When you hear someone telling you what YOU can't do, they are usually talking about what THEY can't do.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5003063].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Antonios
      :rolleyes::rolleyes:

      Thank you for your observations, Kim.

      Sometimes I forget the rules.

      I had just changed the sig. and forgot that although it has my domain name it is a redirect to an affiliate program. Now corrected.

      It is correct that differences between two members should be worked privately. I sent the WSO Seller a PM on this issue. And as you can observe up to where I know no hint has been given as to who the seller is.

      I posted in this thread just as a contribution to the theme. Similarities with what has been experienced by other members as I have read.

      As a forum member of this Forum and of other forums I try to use "Family friendly language". I am a member of another marketers forum where four letter words are acceptable, but I don't use them there.

      To avoid members using the "Infraction button" with my posts, and because my life phylosophy is that you don't have to offend others to express yourself.

      And as I have learned in this thread, an infraction here could be like a speed or parking ticket, something that doesn't affect the driver's license.

      And like it happens in my job, I receive about three verbal warnings per year, for things that I do that I shouldn't have done, and I receive each year the highest employee achievement reward: a certificate and cash. From 300 employees only 10 receive them, and I am one of them.

      Just my opinion.

      Sincerely,

      Antonios
      Signature
      Want to build your list...but have no money, website or technical skills? Learn to build your list with ease and virtually at zero cost! Free report.
      Click the link below now to start today:
      http://cash4yes.com/build-your-list-with-ease/
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5003278].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KimW
    Ha Ha Thomas.


    As for the OP, I think of the infraction button like a gun,just cause you have one doesn't mean you have to pull the trigger.
    Signature

    Read A Post.
    Subscribe to a Newsletter
    KimWinfrey.Com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5003307].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dave Patterson
      Originally Posted by KimW View Post

      Ha Ha Thomas.


      As for the OP, I think of the infraction button like a gun,just cause you have one doesn't mean you have to pull the trigger.
      I've noticed that mine, especially when tired or grumpy (or both) seems to be loaded with sarcasm...
      Signature
      Professional Googler
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5003337].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Thomas Wilkinson
    I don't think I've ever infracted, refracted or otherwise fracted anybody on here.
    Signature
    When you hear someone telling you what YOU can't do, they are usually talking about what THEY can't do.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5003895].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author HeySal
      Originally Posted by Thomas Wilkinson View Post

      I don't think I've ever infracted, refracted or otherwise fracted anybody on here.
      I have (been infracted). There have been some people who just prefer to pm me and tell me what a horrible person I am. Serious. Oh well, can't please everyone eh? I actually did feel bad once though - a guy pm'd me and I took an honest request for a JV to be spam and railed him for it. He railed me back and I really felt bad for mistaking his request and apologized. Glad I didn't report it. LMAO.

      Actually - I can't see a point to an infraction button. If I say something I actually think and feel, I'm not going to change my mind because someone tries to force me by infracting me. I'd rather communicate with someone directly about things. If someone is just being purposely cruel to someone - I'd rather report it and get it deleted. If it's me they are being cruel to, I'd rather just get to post my answer to it. For some reason that usually ends up with several posts deleted though. LOL.
      Signature

      Sal
      When the Roads and Paths end, learn to guide yourself through the wilderness
      Beyond the Path

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5024456].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MaggieMay
    And I seem to be missing one!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5023947].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Thomas Wilkinson
      Originally Posted by MaggieMay View Post

      And I seem to be missing one!!
      Over on the left under thanks xx. Looks like a little triangle. Hover your mouse over it and it will show what its for (report the post). Next to that are two little cards yellow/red. That one is for infractions. Use it only in the most extreme circumstance (like never).
      Signature
      When you hear someone telling you what YOU can't do, they are usually talking about what THEY can't do.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5024132].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Baker
      Originally Posted by MaggieMay View Post

      And I seem to be missing one!!
      You don't see your own, only that of other members.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5043977].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Thomas Wilkinson
    I have reported posts, particularly when somebody starts a thread which attacks people with disabilities. I just can't stand that.

    Thomas
    Signature
    When you hear someone telling you what YOU can't do, they are usually talking about what THEY can't do.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5024509].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KimW
    I have been infracted for insulting a fellow member.
    I PMed him and explained what I said was a joke and not an insult,I also explained how an imtelligent person should see the humour.
    Later that day he reversed it.
    Signature

    Read A Post.
    Subscribe to a Newsletter
    KimWinfrey.Com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5025557].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
      Thomas,
      I have reported posts, particularly when somebody starts a thread which attacks people with disabilities.
      And we thank you for that. Some things have no business here, even in the offtopic section.

      Seven3,

      If you use the infraction button on anyone but me, you'd better have a good reason for it.

      An infraction is a member's way to nudge someone and let them know that what they're doing may be against the rules. It has no power beyond that.

      Yes, it does occasionally get abused. People will get into feuds, and start PMing each other rude comments, ping-ponging infractions, etc. Folks should be aware that the mods see every infraction and every warning sent. Abuse that function, and you tend to get the virtual Gibb-smack yourself.

      Abusing people via the PM system is an excellent way to get a vacation from the forum. If someone sends you a PM that really is abusive, use the Report PM button to forward it to the moderators. That's the little red triangle with the exclamation point in it that appears at the upper right corner of the private message screen.


      Paul
      Signature
      .
      Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5025779].message }}

Trending Topics