Was not sure where to post this, so I decided to start in the off topic forum. If anyone has a better suggestion, let me know. If you don't mind, click the link in my signature after reading this post. Before any of you dismiss this as spam, scam, trash, etc. Please think about the following:
- You logged into a hosting account to work on new sites you had installed to find out all the directory passwords had been changed?
- You contacted online chat support and they acted as if they had no clue as to what a website was?
- You started noticing that passwords that had been the same for years did not work anymore?
- You were prompted to change a username for an account that had been open for quite awhile?
- You found that you were logged into a remote server and could not get out of it?
- Your anti virus program stated that it needed to update when you went to run it and it opened a nasty virus?
- You watched files transfer out of your computer at amazing rates, to be replaced by useless crap?
- You watched your computer and network melt down in front of your eyes and there was nothing you could do to stop it.
- You did a system recovery to find out that your backup files had been replaced with crap?
- You had to basically start over?
So what do you do to protect you assets and livelihood? I can't blame that stuff on anyone but myself, as I pretty much allowed it to happen.
So please, pass this post along to our fellow warriors, and visit the link in my signature. I will be checking back for updates. Feel free to PM if you would like.