Irony: I am about to become homeless

9 replies
  • OFF TOPIC
  • |
The other day, I made a thread about hiring homeless people, and I think maybe a few people thought it was something it was not really.

To be honest, what sparked me to write that thread, is that I am a part of a depression forum elsewhere, and recently have been spending my time talking to people who have nowhere else to turn.

I couldn't help but notice many were capable, but just needed a break, and some were in crisis situations. Some just needed the ability to work at home, for various reasons. It just crossed my mind to wonder if anyone would even bother with someone like that, or think to hire them, or what have you?

So I posted here, wondering about it. There were some valid points made... is that person even going to be reliable? If they don't know what they are doing when I hire them, then is that even a wise decision etc...?

Well the intense irony in all of this, is that after posting this, and a few days later, I am personally about to become homeless. Shock to me. I lost my real life job a few weeks ago; and have done marketing work in the past.

Zero dollars to my name now. I cannot believe I am writing this, and saying this now either. I feel very stupid. In the past I had spoken to someone on this forum too, who also was homeless.

I imagine there are others from here too who have been where I am about to go. The sad thing is, even if I get my old offline job back, it just won't give me anything in time, because pay periods run 2 weeks later, 3 depending on if I can't even get in till next week.

There's a chance that might not even happen either. Life is a scary thing sometimes, even when we do our best; sometimes it just likes to throw curve balls at speeds we just can't hit, even when aiming right at it.
  • Profile picture of the author HeySal
    Sorry to hear this. I'm single and on my own and it's tough. Any little thing that happens can sway the boat.
    I've been on a several year roller coaster myself. Always manage to get by somehow but have had to completely revise my online business plans and goals. I'm almost ready to head off in the new online direction now and am looking forward to a little less turbidity. The learning curve kinda knocked me out of the water for awhile.

    Meanwhile the offline jobs just keep getting more pathetic. It's extremely hard for a single person to not get capsized by the next wave - but it sounds like you might have what it takes to get back in there. If I can avoid total obliteration (and I've been close a few times) I'm sure you can do it, too. Hang in there and here's a hope for some good things in your future.
    Signature

    Sal
    When the Roads and Paths end, learn to guide yourself through the wilderness
    Beyond the Path

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6788547].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dominican
      Originally Posted by HeySal View Post

      Sorry to hear this. I'm single and on my own and it's tough. Any little thing that happens can sway the boat.
      I've been on a several year roller coaster myself. Always manage to get by somehow but have had to completely revise my online business plans and goals. I'm almost ready to head off in the new online direction now and am looking forward to a little less turbidity. The learning curve kinda knocked me out of the water for awhile.

      Meanwhile the offline jobs just keep getting more pathetic. It's extremely hard for a single person to not get capsized by the next wave - but it sounds like you might have what it takes to get back in there. If I can avoid total obliteration (and I've been close a few times) I'm sure you can do it, too. Hang in there and here's a hope for some good things in your future.
      I am going back to my old job tomorrow, but it still doesn't immediately fix the other housing issue I am about to face, because I need at least 3 works worth of pay to even begin getting myself a new place.

      I guess it's going to be a really rough next few weeks for me. Thankyou for your support.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6791504].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author tryinhere
        Originally Posted by Dominican View Post

        I guess it's going to be a really rough next few weeks for me. Thankyou for your support.
        You can always live on less today, If you have more to live for tomorrow. Good Wishes.
        Signature
        | > Choosing to go off the grid for a while to focus on family, work and life in general. Have a great 2020 < |
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6793153].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JustinDupre
    Sorry to hear about your situation. Hoping you get a good break soon.
    Signature
    I offer CPA coaching and investment opportunities for those SERIOUSLY interested in making money directly or indirectly with affiliate marketing. PM me for details.


    Read More about CPA/Affiliate Marketing on my Blog
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6790748].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author A.Green
    Oh man, I hope you can keep your place. If not, maybe you can room with someone or trade services (legal ones, I mean) for a place to stay. Better than being on the streets or in a shelter. Glad to hear you can get your old job back at least. Hang in there!
    Signature
    WritingThatPaysYou.com: specializing in health and home improvement.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6792671].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author davidfrankk
    All the best for whatever you're trying to man.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6792815].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Baadier Sydow
    Good luck mate, have you tried offering your services on the WF? There must be something you can do that will get some cash in?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6792874].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ninja Ana
    May your dreams come true and all the best of luck in your endeavor
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6793189].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bsbear
      Originally Posted by Ninja Ana View Post

      May your dreams come true and all the best of luck in your endeavor
      Yeah, I think a lot of people end up on WF and even internet marketing in general because of these problems. Wish there was a better way to help him, but the truth is that you are 50% of the way there once you find WF.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6793529].message }}

Trending Topics