Popcorn Puts Thousands of Marketers out of work

by nicholasb 27 replies
Yep it's true, marketing is DEAD!

We must all go get jobs now

Chewing popcorn could block ads' influence in movies, new study finds

#off topic forum #marketers #opocorn #popcorn #puts #thousands #work
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author whland
    lol. That's funny.

    I still get the advertising message even when chewing popcorn or anything else.

    Chad
    Signature
    WebMasterBabble.com Webmaster Forum
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8606586].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bizgrower
    What did you say?
    (I'm a guy. Didn't listen.)

    Dan
    Signature

    "If you think you're the smartest person in the room, then you're probably in the wrong room."

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8606621].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MissTerraK
      Originally Posted by bizgrower View Post

      What did you say?
      (I'm a guy. Didn't listen.)

      Dan
      What did you say?

      (I'm a woman and didn't hear what you said because I was talking to the person next to me.)

      Terra
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8607263].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author David Maschke
        Originally Posted by MissTerraK View Post

        What did you say?

        (I'm a woman and didn't hear what you said because I was talking to the person next to me.)

        Terra
        I didn't listen because you're from Michigan.

        There's just nothing fun to argue about anymore around here
        Signature

        I

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8607430].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author MissTerraK
          Originally Posted by David Maschke View Post

          I didn't listen because you're from Michigan.

          There's just nothing fun to argue about anymore around here
          Haha!

          Only someone from Ohio could pull that one off and you should be proud you beat Riffle to it.

          Terra
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8607548].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Dan Riffle
            Originally Posted by MissTerraK View Post

            Haha!

            Only someone from Ohio could pull that one off and you should be proud you beat Riffle to it.

            Terra
            I've started shying away from Michigan jokes. These days, it's like beating a dead wolverine. (And the only good wolverine is a dead wolverine.)
            Signature

            "Arguing with...strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be, or to be indistinguishable from, self-righteous 16-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8612339].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author MissTerraK
              Originally Posted by Dan Riffle View Post

              (And the only good wolverine is a dead wolverine.)
              That's quite all right for you to say that Dan, cuz I'm alive and doing fine and everyone knows I am bad!

              Bad A$$ that is!

              Terra
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8613430].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author HeySal
              Originally Posted by Dan Riffle View Post

              I've started shying away from Michigan jokes. These days, it's like beating a dead wolverine. (And the only good wolverine is a dead wolverine.)
              LMAO - funny. That would be how a bobcat looks at Wolverines. Wolverines are the reason bobcats have no tail. Poor little guys. Meow!
              Signature

              Sal
              New PLR - Disaster prep duo report pkg: The Art of the Graceful Bug out, and Preparing Pets for a Disaster. - PM me for report details.
              Quality PLR Ebooks and Reports:
              Mind/Language - Weight, - Pet/Dog - Disaster - 2011 Earthquake Report - Hair Care

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8613445].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author bizgrower
        Originally Posted by MissTerraK View Post

        What did you say?

        (I'm a woman and didn't hear what you said because I was talking to the person next to me.)

        Terra
        Could not hear you. I think my girlfriend was trying to say something.

        Dan
        Signature

        "If you think you're the smartest person in the room, then you're probably in the wrong room."

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8607918].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author MissTerraK
          Originally Posted by bizgrower View Post

          Could not hear you. I think my girlfriend was trying to say something.

          Dan
          Sorry, I didn't hear you because in actuality, your girlfriend was talking to me and I was listening to her.

          Terra
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8608721].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
            I listen to my MP3 player on my phone, while the ad's are playing and take them off for the movie, and any decent previews.

            So l am an advertisers worst nightmare!!! He, he! :p

            Shane
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8608754].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author bizgrower
            Originally Posted by MissTerraK View Post

            Sorry, I didn't hear you because in actuality, your girlfriend was talking to me and I was listening to her.

            Terra
            Ahhh. That phone call.
            Signature

            "If you think you're the smartest person in the room, then you're probably in the wrong room."

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8609411].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Horny Devil
    Banned
    Originally Posted by nicholasb View Post


    Chewing popcorn could block ads' influence in movies, new study finds
    Unless it's telling you to buy more popcorn that is . . .

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8606809].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HeySal
    Holy LMAO. Sad thing is that I can see how that would work, but not for the reason given. I'm not aware of physically trying to sound something out - but am familiar with hearing it in my "head". What if the "name" we hear isn't NEW and one we already can pronounce? Jiffy Pop. Don't need to sound it out.

    I would think this works more because the process of chewing would react more on the satiary responses so the viewer is already fairly "satisfied" when viewing and no point of urgency (extreme want) will be established by the ad. Gotta remember we're set up biologically to satisfy instincts. Imagine if you were were chewing something you didn't LIKE when viewing the ad. It might actually get cross-wired in your mind to make you dislike the product as well.
    Signature

    Sal
    New PLR - Disaster prep duo report pkg: The Art of the Graceful Bug out, and Preparing Pets for a Disaster. - PM me for report details.
    Quality PLR Ebooks and Reports:
    Mind/Language - Weight, - Pet/Dog - Disaster - 2011 Earthquake Report - Hair Care

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8606908].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Horny Devil
      Banned
      Originally Posted by HeySal View Post

      Holy LMAO. Sad thing is that I can see how that would work, but not for the reason given. I'm not aware of physically trying to sound something out - but am familiar with hearing it in my "head". What if the "name" we hear isn't NEW and one we already can pronounce? Jiffy Pop. Don't need to sound it out.

      I would think this works more because the process of chewing would react more on the satiary responses so the viewer is already fairly "satisfied" when viewing and no point of urgency (extreme want) will be established by the ad. Gotta remember we're set up biologically to satisfy instincts. Imagine if you were were chewing something you didn't LIKE when viewing the ad. It might actually get cross-wired in your mind to make you dislike the product as well.
      Aka as your minds not on it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8607186].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Popcorn has the highest profit margin of any snack food sold at a movie theater.
    Signature
    Be your best self. - Darryl Philbin
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8607649].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bizgrower
      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

      Popcorn has the highest profit margin of any snack food sold at a movie theater.
      I don't know what they use now, but way back in high school I worked at a movie theater and we used pure coconut oil. That's why it tasted so much better than any other popcorn.
      Signature

      "If you think you're the smartest person in the room, then you're probably in the wrong room."

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8607912].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HeySal
    Can ya hear me now?

    Bizgrower. Big wet old lady lips kiss. I have organic coconut oil. I'm gonna get me some organic popcorn, pop it up in coconut oil and drench it in organic butter. And I'm gonna eat the WHOLE bowl all by myself.

    Merci beaucoup for that info!
    Signature

    Sal
    New PLR - Disaster prep duo report pkg: The Art of the Graceful Bug out, and Preparing Pets for a Disaster. - PM me for report details.
    Quality PLR Ebooks and Reports:
    Mind/Language - Weight, - Pet/Dog - Disaster - 2011 Earthquake Report - Hair Care

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8608585].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bizgrower
      Originally Posted by HeySal View Post

      Can ya hear me now?

      Bizgrower. Big wet old lady lips kiss. I have organic coconut oil. I'm gonna get me some organic popcorn, pop it up in coconut oil and drench it in organic butter. And I'm gonna eat the WHOLE bowl all by myself.

      Merci beaucoup for that info!
      You only have a few years on me, so you're not old 'cause
      the older I get, the older old is.

      Dan
      Signature

      "If you think you're the smartest person in the room, then you're probably in the wrong room."

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8612324].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author thunderbird
    Of course! You eat popcorn, you forget. Popcorn is linked to Alzheimer's Disease:
    Buttered Popcorn Flavoring Linked to Alzheimer's
    Signature

    Project HERE.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8609348].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Originally Posted by thunderbird View Post

      Of course! You eat popcorn, you forget. Popcorn is linked to Alzheimer's Disease:
      Buttered Popcorn Flavoring Linked to Alzheimer's
      That article doesn't say popcorn is linked to Alzheimer's, it says the imitation butter flavoring might be linked to Alzheimer's.
      Signature
      Be your best self. - Darryl Philbin
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8610085].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author thunderbird
        Originally Posted by yukon View Post

        That article doesn't say popcorn is linked to Alzheimer's, it says the imitation butter flavoring might be linked to Alzheimer's.
        That was meant humorously.

        (might be is disturbing enough)
        Signature

        Project HERE.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8610156].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author HeySal
        Originally Posted by yukon View Post

        That article doesn't say popcorn is linked to Alzheimer's, it says the imitation butter flavoring might be linked to Alzheimer's.
        Don't want to know what "artificial butter flavoring" is even made from. You can't fake the flavor of real organic butter. Yum. And it won't hurt your neurons. If it's not good enough at that point - add REAL Parmesan cheese.

        "Artificial" is not a food group - it's a chemical cocktail.
        Signature

        Sal
        New PLR - Disaster prep duo report pkg: The Art of the Graceful Bug out, and Preparing Pets for a Disaster. - PM me for report details.
        Quality PLR Ebooks and Reports:
        Mind/Language - Weight, - Pet/Dog - Disaster - 2011 Earthquake Report - Hair Care

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8611689].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author MissTerraK
          Originally Posted by HeySal View Post

          Don't want to know what "artificial butter flavoring" is even made from. You can't fake the flavor of real organic butter. Yum. And it won't hurt your neurons. If it's not good enough at that point - add REAL Parmesan cheese.

          "Artificial" is not a food group - it's a chemical cocktail.
          Exactly!

          I always say, er, sing, Ain't nothin' like the real thing, Baby!

          Terra
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8611760].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bizgrower
    No artificial flavoring for me, please.
    Signature

    "If you think you're the smartest person in the room, then you're probably in the wrong room."

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8610133].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Stefan Shields
    I would rather destroy AdBlock than popcorn.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8610204].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bizgrower
    Now thousands of marketers can market healthy popcorn.
    And stuffed wolverines.
    Signature

    "If you think you're the smartest person in the room, then you're probably in the wrong room."

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8615673].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics