The Largest Submarine in The U.S. Navy

12 replies
  • OFF TOPIC
  • |
I have only watched a small bit, but it looks interesting!




PS comforting to know that if we have a third world war, this thing can, (if they can find more food) can run around for 20 years, and destroy another continent.

We don't want those pesky domesticated Apes getting a foothold!
  • Profile picture of the author TLTheLiberator
    I heard the Israelis have at least 3 nuclear subs patrolling the worlds oceans also-- but I think they won't confirm it.

    Of course the Russians and Chinese have theirs.

    I'm not sure about France but I'm also wondering if the Brits have a few nuclear subs out there too.

    India is in the nuclear club but do they have any subs? And I doubt Pakistan has any subs.
    Signature

    "It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. -- Mark Twain

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9343752].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ken Leatherman
    The video is a great history lesson and it is extremely interesting to watch. OP thanks for posting it.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9349833].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
    Originally Posted by tagiscom View Post

    PS comforting to know that if we have a third world war, this thing can, (if they can find more food) can run around for 20 years, and destroy another continent.
    It is very comforting to know that there is a ship out there that can destroy a continent.

    First, I know that nothing can go wrong with that amount of power in one place...and I don't live on a continent...so I'm safe.
    Signature
    One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr

    "Be kind. For everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle".....Ian Maclaren
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9351567].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ken Leatherman
    tagiscom,

    Watched the 2nd video all the way through. Again what a history lesson.
    Also shows how some of the weapons and technology now are routine
    for our time period.

    Thanks again for posting both of the videos.

    Ken
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9351805].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
      Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

      It is very comforting to know that there is a ship out there that can destroy a continent.

      First, I know that nothing can go wrong with that amount of power in one place...and I don't live on a continent...so I'm safe.
      Hmmm, without going over to Wikipedia, l think that l live on a continent.


      Oh, well, at least we wouldn't have to live in radioactive citys, with smarta*** apes nibbling at our feet!


      Stinkin, apes!


      Originally Posted by Ken Leatherman View Post

      tagiscom,

      Watched the 2nd video all the way through. Again what a history lesson.
      Also shows how some of the weapons and technology now are routine
      for our time period.

      Thanks again for posting both of the videos.

      Ken
      Quite welcome Ken, yes, the v2 rocket propelled space plane was the scariest!

      If they had developed that one quickly enough, (basically a poor mans intercontinental, ballistic missile) they could have won the war.

      Especially if the launch platforms were mobile?


      And for the record they did fool around with antigravity, or a special rotating solid, liquid, that displayed weightless effects, but apart from giving everyone a splitting headache, not much else.

      A bit like super conducting material, opens the door, but not much else!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9352596].message }}

Trending Topics