21 replies
  • OFF TOPIC
  • |
Is there a forum here where we can expose SCAMMERS, or scam services?

Is it against forum rules to start one?

I want to expose a few scammers but don't want my WF account shut down if it is against forum rules.
#scam #scam services #withmarketplace.com
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    You've been here since 2009- and haven't read the rules? I find that hard to believe.

    MAIN FORUM RULE

    If you have a problem with another Warrior, a Guru, or God, take it up with them directly. Not here. No exceptions.
    Not here. No exceptions. If you want to be internet police - do it on your own site or on one of the spammy scammer sites out there.
    Signature
    Saving one dog will not change the world -
    but the world will be forever changed for that one dog.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9502398].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ExceedStandard
      Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

      You've been here since 2009- and haven't read the rules? I find that hard to believe.



      Not here. No exceptions. If you want to be internet police - do it on your own site or on one of the spammy scammer sites out there.
      This isn't anyone that is using Warrior Forum...
      So per WF Rules, it does not matter whether it is a product or service with no relation to WF, I still can't mention it in any manner?

      If this is the case, can everyone please provide me with, as many URLs to sites where I can put Scammers on blast, as possible?

      I am just wanting to warn people so that they do not get ripped off by these clowns.
      Signature

      For A Limited Time Only - Download Hundreds Of Brand New PLR and Resell Rights Products 100% FREE..
      Hurry Up And Get to PLR Products before it's too late!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9502638].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
        Banned
        Originally Posted by ExceedStandard View Post

        This isn't anyone that is using Warrior Forum...
        So per WF Rules, it does not matter whether it is a product or service with no relation to WF, I still can't mention it in any manner?
        You can put it in Reviews and Ratings, but how you post it will determine whether or not a mod deletes it.

        Originally Posted by ExceedStandard View Post

        If this is the case, can everyone please provide me with, as many URLs to sites where I can put Scammers on blast, as possible?
        I'm sure you've heard of Google. You don't need others to send you lists.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9502853].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Kay King
          I'm surprised to see people suggesting you post in the "reviews" section. You aren't talking about a review - but a rant. You want to hurt someone's business or out a scammer by name....and this is NOT the place to do that.

          Just because someone WANTS to do something here - doesn't mean we try to get around the rules and find a way for them to do it.

          I don't trust anything I read on the ripoffreport or similar sites because it's one side and often the very rant indicates the person bought or used something they didn't understand to begin with.

          Looking for multiple places to post negative comments is seldom a productive use of time.

          "Not here. No exceptions" I don't see how that could be any more clear.

          kay
          Signature
          Saving one dog will not change the world -
          but the world will be forever changed for that one dog.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9502862].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author ExceedStandard
            Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

            I'm surprised to see people suggesting you post in the "reviews" section. You aren't talking about a review - but a rant. You want to hurt someone's business or out a scammer by name....and this is NOT the place to do that.

            Just because someone WANTS to do something here - doesn't mean we try to get around the rules and find a way for them to do it.

            I don't trust anything I read on the ripoffreport or similar sites because it's one side and often the very rant indicates the person bought or used something they didn't understand to begin with.

            Looking for multiple places to post negative comments is seldom a productive use of time.

            "Not here. No exceptions" I don't see how that could be any more clear.

            kay
            Hi Kay,

            I see where you are coming from, but my intention is not to leave a one-sided rant to hurt someone's reputation or business.
            I can assure you that I have a clear understanding of what I was purchasing and exactly how to use it. This was 100% a scam... As I said in my other posts, I have known several other people that have been ripped off by the same person. The person contacts members of forums, and service sites offering a service. Unfortunately, when the report is delivered, you realize that everything on the report is fake. He simply delivers it for the sake of covering his butt so that the buyer can't be covered by PayPal protection. PayPal policy dictates that buyers are not covered while purchasing digital goods. So all he has to do is send you anything and he wins.

            I'm not the type to complain and I am very reasonable. I did attempt to resolve this with him but he just did not care at all. He kept lying to my face and failed to deliver another report which would prove that the order delivered was good. I asked for this report over and over because I knew that he could not deliver it. At that point he just stopped responding. Yes, I am upset and you would be too if you were in my shoes.

            Would you not want to warn others so that they did not fall victim to the same scammer, or do you feel that you should keep it to yourself and let this guy pull the same thing on everyone else?

            I hate a thief and I hate scams... I certainly don't appreciate being a victim. Sure, it is my fault for trusting the guy and not doing thorough research prior to buying, but I wasn't worried about getting ripped off at the time because I thought that I would be covered under PayPal protection.

            What would you do if you were in my shoes right now? I'm curious to see how you would handle getting ripped off.
            Signature

            For A Limited Time Only - Download Hundreds Of Brand New PLR and Resell Rights Products 100% FREE..
            Hurry Up And Get to PLR Products before it's too late!

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9502910].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Kay King
              Would you not want to warn others so that they did not fall victim to the same scammer, or do you feel that you should keep it to yourself and let this guy pull the same thing on everyone else?
              I'm not the internet police and not qualified or interested in issuing "buying alerts" to others.

              If I made a bad buying decision or believed a story/promise that was of the "too good to be true" variety, I'd bite the bullet and move on. If I was outright scammed or lied to I'd try I try to get the money back but I'd recognize the potential of that might be low.

              When you've done everything you can to make it right and nothing has changed...it's good to know when to let it go. As long as you are focused on what happened and your anger - the scammer is still taking advantage of you.

              kay
              Signature
              Saving one dog will not change the world -
              but the world will be forever changed for that one dog.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9502943].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
    Banned
    Originally Posted by ExceedStandard View Post

    I want to expose a few scammers but don't want my WF account shut down if it is against forum rules.
    The nearest you can get to that is to post a negative review here: Internet Marketing Product Reviews & Ratings

    Best to keep it factual and objective, though, and to avoid inflammatory language, if you can. (It has much more credibility, that way, too).

    .
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9502479].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ExceedStandard
      Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

      The nearest you can get to that is to post a negative review here: Internet Marketing Product Reviews & Ratings

      Best to keep it factual and objective, though, and to avoid inflammatory language, if you can. (It has much more credibility, that way, too).

      .
      Thanks for this!!! If you know of any more, please send me a list... I would greatly appreciate it!
      Signature

      For A Limited Time Only - Download Hundreds Of Brand New PLR and Resell Rights Products 100% FREE..
      Hurry Up And Get to PLR Products before it's too late!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9502642].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
        Banned
        Originally Posted by ExceedStandard View Post

        If you know of any more, please send me a list...
        I don't know them ... but, in any case, I think there's a very big difference between being a member of a forum and posting a legitimate review of your experiences there, and joining a forum for the sole purpose of giving someone adverse publicity.

        I appreciate your dissatisfaction over whatever-it-was that happened, and I do see the value of warning fellow-members about something you think they should avoid (which is the "legitimate" side of it, of course), but that's very different from "revenge posting", which is actually a form of trespass, really: it's abusing other forums' hospitality for your own agenda, in a sense, isn't it?

        I know that isn't welcome here, and I must say that if I had an IM forum myself, I wouldn't allow it, either.

        You can perhaps see what I mean, if you think it through dispassionately?

        .
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9502721].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author ExceedStandard
          Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

          I don't know them ... but, in any case, I think there's a very big difference between being a member of a forum and posting a legitimate review of your experiences there, and joining a forum for the sole purpose of giving someone adverse publicity.

          I appreciate your dissatisfaction over whatever-it-was that happened, and I do see the value of warning fellow-members about something you think they should avoid (which is the "legitimate" side of it, of course), but that's very different from "revenge posting", which is actually a form of trespass, really: it's abusing other forums' hospitality for your own agenda, in a sense, isn't it?

          I know that isn't welcome here, and I must say that if I had an IM forum myself, I wouldn't allow it, either.

          You can perhaps see what I mean, if you think it through dispassionately?

          .
          Yes, of course... I understand exactly what you mean. This was just a very bad experience for me and others that I know.
          This person purposely sells bad digital goods knowing that PayPal protection will not rule in the buyers favor as long as he delivers something. I personally tried to reason with this person but he didn't care and acted like I didn't know what I was talking about. After talking to other people I found out that he has also pulled the same stunt on them. In my case, he lured me away from a site where services are sold. He told me that he didn't want to complete our transaction there because the service site takes too long to release a seller's funds. I felt comfortable with using PayPal because I thought that I was covered under buyer protection.

          I then tried to go through my bank to get a refund but unfortunately, my bank couldn't help because I made another mistake (using PayPal credit)...

          Had I just paid with a card through PayPal, I could have avoided being ripped off.
          Signature

          For A Limited Time Only - Download Hundreds Of Brand New PLR and Resell Rights Products 100% FREE..
          Hurry Up And Get to PLR Products before it's too late!

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9502887].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Glenda from OZ
    ripoffreport dot com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9502731].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author johnben1444
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9502750].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ExceedStandard
    Thank you for all of your answers everyone! I really appreciate that all of you have taken the time to help a fellow warrior.
    Signature

    For A Limited Time Only - Download Hundreds Of Brand New PLR and Resell Rights Products 100% FREE..
    Hurry Up And Get to PLR Products before it's too late!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9502891].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kay King
      I sympathize because there are scammers out there just waiting for the next "customer". It's why you have to due diligence before you buy - it's why you can't believe the glowing promises some sellers make.

      Paypal doesn't guarantee digital goods and they are clear about that. However, if you pay through paypal with a credit card AND you are scammed, you have another layer of protection via a chargeback through the credit card company. It's a harsh lesson - but you learned it.
      Signature
      Saving one dog will not change the world -
      but the world will be forever changed for that one dog.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9502895].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Patrician
    This is a site that allows just about anything - they love a scam -

    http://scam.com/

    (you may wish to use a proxy server like http://anonymouse.org/ so that you can't be traced by the perp).

    We actually exposed some big time scammers there and people came out of the woodwork and we found the people to be much more big time fraudsters than we knew. Even a bigamist! LOL!

    Also if you have documentation you can always file a complaint with the IC3
    Better than just a rant, you can report them to the FBI if they committed a CRIME.
    http://www.ic3.gov/

    You do need to be careful what you say publicly, however as unless someone has actually been CONVICTED,
    no matter how much documentation you have, if not CONVICTED in a court of law, what you say
    may be interpreted as slander or libel (and no doubt the perp will try to silence you with the threat of
    an action against you for exposing them).



    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9502965].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ExceedStandard
      Originally Posted by Patrician View Post

      This is a site that allows just about anything - they love a scam -

      http://scam.com/

      (you may wish to use a proxy server like Anonymouse.org so that you can't be traced by the perp).

      We actually exposed some big time scammers there and people came out of the woodwork and we found the people to be much more big time fraudsters than we knew. Even a bigamist! LOL!

      Also if you have documentation you can always file a complaint with the IC3
      Better than just a rant, you can report them to the FBI if they committed a CRIME.
      Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) | Home

      You do need to be careful what you say publicly, however as unless someone has actually been CONVICTED,
      no matter how much documentation you have, if not CONVICTED in a court of law, what you say
      may be interpreted as slander or libel (and no doubt the perp will try to silence you with the threat of
      an action against you for exposing them).



      Excellent information!!! Thank you!
      Signature

      For A Limited Time Only - Download Hundreds Of Brand New PLR and Resell Rights Products 100% FREE..
      Hurry Up And Get to PLR Products before it's too late!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9503039].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mikaedi
    Originally Posted by ExceedStandard View Post

    Is there a forum here where we can expose SCAMMERS, or scam services?

    Is it against forum rules to start one?

    I want to expose a few scammers but don't want my WF account shut down if it is against forum rules.
    You would be better off setting up a blog exposing scam sites/scammers


    Mikaedi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9503418].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ExceedStandard
      Originally Posted by Mikaedi View Post

      You would be better off setting up a blog exposing scam sites/scammers


      Mikaedi
      try scam.com Excellent place as someone suggested it earlier... I have been using for a couple of days now and it is really nice.
      Signature

      For A Limited Time Only - Download Hundreds Of Brand New PLR and Resell Rights Products 100% FREE..
      Hurry Up And Get to PLR Products before it's too late!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9507603].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Mikaedi
        Originally Posted by ExceedStandard View Post

        try scam.com Excellent place as someone suggested it earlier... I have been using for a couple of days now and it is really nice.
        Huh, are you talking to yourself as you are the OP..I don't visit scam review sites personally. I suggested setting up a scammer blog!!!

        Mikaedi
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9507956].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Kay King
          It is a bit funny you are now recommending scam sites....but...

          I have been using for a couple of days now and it is really nice.
          Why would you spend "days" on a scam site and describe it as "nice"?

          What's the payoff for you?
          Signature
          Saving one dog will not change the world -
          but the world will be forever changed for that one dog.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9507998].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
        Banned
        Originally Posted by ExceedStandard View Post

        try scam.com Excellent place as someone suggested it earlier... I have been using for a couple of days now and it is really nice.
        Nice? It's a site for scams. Why would anyone think it is either nice or spend a couple of days there? Got better things to do.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9508017].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Patrician
    I have gotten lost there for hours and hours.

    They have scams by category and scams by individual names.
    I enjoy seeing them exposed and whenever possible prosecuted.
    It is also nice if by exposing them you can save someone from being ripped off.

    What's not to enjoy? Getting ripped off and nothing you can do about it?
    I don't think so...

    I am also sick of being 'politically correct' where the truth is frowned upon - I love the idea that there is somewhere we can 'call a spade a spade' without being censored.

    Further it is the top of the line @ scam.com when you learn that so-called BBB and Ripoff reports allow people to buy out of negative information. Now THAT is a scam if I ever heard of one.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9508053].message }}

Trending Topics