How to get the business owner's address ?

by ylian
17 replies
I have to send 10 letters to 10 hotel/restaurant owners.

What are free and fast ways to get the business owner's address ?
#address #business #owner
  • Profile picture of the author animal44
    Look on their website...?
    Signature

    People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
    What I do for a living

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10125811].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author laurencewins
    Ask them. Simple enough.
    Signature

    Cheers, Laurence. Writer/Editor/Proofreader.
    Visit my site for more info

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10125890].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10125897].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ylian
      I am asking this because in my country ( italy ), most businesses don't have mailboxes.
      I know the addresses but I need to know the owner's name too.

      Originally Posted by animal44 View Post

      Look on their website...?
      Only 2 have a website and there is not the owner's name.

      Originally Posted by laurencewins View Post

      Ask them. Simple enough.
      It sounds unprofessional to say: "Hello, can I know the business owner's name because I have to send a letter to him ?

      Originally Posted by iAmNameLess View Post

      Google it.
      Googled but I have not found the name of the owner.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10125928].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author BigFrank
        Banned
        Originally Posted by ylian View Post

        It sounds unprofessional to say: "Hello, can I know the business owner's name because I have to send a letter to him ?
        I have probably done this very thing a thousand times in my career, long before there was an Internet.

        It only sounds unprofessional it you make it sound that way. Presentation is everything in life.

        Cheers. - Frank
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10126140].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SashaLee
    Hi there,

    Go to your local library and find the Kompass directory. It lists (almost) all businesses with director names etc.

    You might want to find a library that has access to the online version - it will be more up to date.

    All the best,

    Sasha.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10125957].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Barry Unruh
    You could just say, "I need to send some documents to the owner, can you please tell me the correct postal address?"

    I suspect you are making this harder than it is.
    Signature
    Brain Drained...Signature Coming Soon!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10127271].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ylian
      Originally Posted by Barry Unruh View Post

      You could just say, "I need to send some documents to the owner, can you please tell me the correct postal address?"

      I suspect you are making this harder than it is.
      If they say "Who are you?", How Could I answer ?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10127349].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Barry Unruh
        Originally Posted by ylian View Post

        If they say "Who are you?", How Could I answer?
        Honesty is usually the best policy.

        I don't know the reason you are calling them. Are you trying to sell them something? Are you needing to contact them for a class you are taking? Are you trying to get a job with their company?

        Instead of debating all the possible objections, just pickup the phone, call them, and try.

        Most of them will give you the postal address without even asking. The few that ask will give it to you when you explain your reason. 1 or 2 might give you an objection.

        If they object, just tell them "Thank You" and move on....or post the objections back here, and ask us how we'd deal with that particular objection.

        I still believe the odds are you will get all 10 without any issues. You are not asking to speak to the business owner at this point, you are just wanting a postal address to send him something.
        Signature
        Brain Drained...Signature Coming Soon!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10128535].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author st0nec0ld
    I think the best thing you can do is to contact them.
    It is hard to get their personal info for security purposes but if you ask them politely than you might get it.
    Signature

    12BET | Live Casino Malaysia

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10128678].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Barry Unruh
      Originally Posted by st0nec0ld View Post

      I think the best thing you can do is to contact them.
      It is hard to get their personal info for security purposes but if you ask them politely than you might get it.
      I did not get the impression he needed their home address, just an address to send something to their business office.

      I have called plenty of businesses as a customer and asked for an address for a particular department. I've never had anyone hesitate.

      Now, if he needs to get the business owner's home address...Probably not going to happen, that's why they have a business address.
      Signature
      Brain Drained...Signature Coming Soon!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10128749].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author ylian
        Originally Posted by Barry Unruh View Post

        I did not get the impression he needed their home address, just an address to send something to their business office.

        I have called plenty of businesses as a customer and asked for an address for a particular department. I've never had anyone hesitate.

        Now, if he needs to get the business owner's home address...Probably not going to happen, that's why they have a business address.
        And didn't they asked you why you want that address ?
        What would you say ?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10129615].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Barry Unruh
    They might ask questions like:

    "For what department, sir?"

    "For which city?"

    Those are the only kinds of questions I encountered when asking for an address.

    Yilian, In the time you have spent asking these questions, you could have already called all 10 of those businesses and discovered if there were going to be objections or questions.

    You would no longer be speculating, you would have an answer.
    Signature
    Brain Drained...Signature Coming Soon!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10130290].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BigFrank
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Barry Unruh View Post

      Yilian, In the time you have spent asking these questions, you could have already called all 10 of those businesses and discovered if there were going to be objections or questions.

      You would no longer be speculating, you would have an answer.
      Seriously. Pick up the phone, already. They don't bite and neither do the people you will be calling.

      Cheers. - Frank
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10130299].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ylian
      Originally Posted by Barry Unruh View Post

      They might ask questions like:

      "For what department, sir?"

      "For which city?"

      Those are the only kinds of questions I encountered when asking for an address.

      Yilian, In the time you have spent asking these questions, you could have already called all 10 of those businesses and discovered if there were going to be objections or questions.

      You would no longer be speculating, you would have an answer.
      I have already called them and they said: "Why do you want it ? You can ask us anything via phone"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10130832].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author savidge4
        Originally Posted by ylian View Post

        I have already called them and they said: "Why do you want it ? You can ask us anything via phone"

        then ask to talk to the guy and get it over with.... for the love of pete man.. silver plater and you still wont eat!
        Signature
        Success is an ACT not an idea
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10130997].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Barry Unruh
    Still you fail to state the purpose of sending the letters.

    Just tell them WHY....

    It sounds like you are trying to trick them, instead of help them.

    Do you have no reason?

    Write down your reason you need the address, so you don't hesitate on the phone, and just tell them.

    As Savidge says, you could just ask to speak to the owner/manager, and ask them directly.

    Is it a specific 10 businesses, or any 10 businesses?
    Signature
    Brain Drained...Signature Coming Soon!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10132721].message }}

Trending Topics