Wanting to Start My Own Business - Ideas???

by bert81
39 replies
So, I'm an accomplished phone salesperson who is making about $100k/year, and expecting to bring in about twice that next year with an upcoming promotion (I'm very good); however, I am interested in working for myself and am would love some good ideas as to how I can do this on my own.

I'd love some ideas. Something with residual incomes would be ideal. Plus something I can outsource. And, I'd need someone who's good with doing all the stuff I can't stand, like building a website, doing graphics, content, etc.

Any input would be wonderful. Thank you for your time.
#business #ideas #start #wanting
  • Profile picture of the author laurencewins
    Hi Bert,

    Tell us what skills you have that you can bring to your own business. Sales isn't enough but, as you say, you can also outsource stuff. Once we know what's in your head, perhaps people can give you focused advice.
    Signature

    Cheers, Laurence. Writer/Editor/Proofreader.
    Visit my site for more info

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10198328].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bert81
    I'd like to do something over the phone and scale it down the road. I am experienced with leading, management, phone skills, and assisting in running the day-to-day operations of a multi-million dollar business.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10198517].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TrafficFlow
      seems pretty risky just to to go off and start a business when you have such great income from your existing job.

      why not start part time if it works then go full-time
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10198532].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author bert81
        Originally Posted by TrafficFlow View Post

        seems pretty risky just to to go off and start a business when you have such great income from your existing job.

        why not start part time if it works then go full-time
        That is the plan.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10198536].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jamesfreddyc
    Become a reseller for subscription-based services. Since you are an accomplished sales professional, you should be able to negotiate terms to pay a good chunk of the recurring fees of those subscriptions you sell.

    Specifically, find a SaaS product/service and demand that the recurring commissions last for the lives of the accounts you bring in.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10198537].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bert81
      Originally Posted by jamesfreddyc View Post

      Become a reseller for subscription-based services. Since you are an accomplished sales professional, you should be able to negotiate terms to pay a good chunk of the recurring fees of those subscriptions you sell.

      Specifically, find a SaaS product/service and demand that the recurring commissions last for the lives of the accounts you bring in.
      Huh...that is something new. Sounds interesting! I'm going to look into that further, thank you.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10198618].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jamesfreddyc
        Originally Posted by bert81 View Post

        Huh...that is something new. Sounds interesting! I'm going to look into that further, thank you.
        I sent you a PM with some SaaS marketplace websites that have the providers listed and you can contact.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10198623].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author David Rosa
    You are good in sales, so teach your strength, sales.

    It could be on a monthly basis for a high fee - 5k - 10k (if you could help make someone 100k or more extra 5k would be a joke)

    Or some other kind of sales training.

    Also you could train a couple folks to get as good as you are and create an outsourced sales force for high commissions. Sales Badasses for hire (only whales need apply)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10198614].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author RTSteam
      Originally Posted by David Rosa View Post

      You are good in sales, so teach your strength, sales.

      It could be on a monthly basis for a high fee - 5k - 10k (if you could help make someone 100k or more extra 5k would be a joke)

      Or some other kind of sales training.

      Also you could train a couple folks to get as good as you are and create an outsourced sales force for high commissions. Sales Badasses for hire (only whales need apply)
      I sort of agree with his idea. A lot of people have become successful entrepreneurs by selling their techniques and knowledge just like a coaching professional. Since you are a successful sales guy, you could perhaps consider this. I am not saying you should focus on this side but try to weigh in this option. This might work for you.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10201046].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Freebiequeen1999
    Well with all your skills surely you can search this and other forums to get some basic ideas?

    Then with all that money surely you can pay pros to help you?

    Seriously this stuff of a huge general question, so generic, is getting ridiculous

    Could I go to a forum for doctors and say "I think I might like to get into this medical stuff"...and hope for everyone to drop everything and answer all the most basic stuff....ie, start majoring in biology, take the test to get into med school etc etc?

    No...and IMHO people should do a little searching, and ask some reasonable questions

    No one knows what kind of a business you should start, what is needed or salable where you live, what your skills are, what your interests are

    Most of the time all these helpful henry threads end up the "asker" never even comes back or updates

    Hey I am bored so I think I will go over to a forum for professional ballet dancers and say "Hey I might want to get into this stuff....what ya think?"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10198633].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bert81
      Originally Posted by Freebiequeen1999 View Post

      Well with all your skills surely you can search this and other forums to get some basic ideas?

      Then with all that money surely you can pay pros to help you?

      Seriously this stuff of a huge general question, so generic, is getting ridiculous

      Could I go to a forum for doctors and say "I think I might like to get into this medical stuff"...and hope for everyone to drop everything and answer all the most basic stuff....ie, start majoring in biology, take the test to get into med school etc etc?

      No...and IMHO people should do a little searching, and ask some reasonable questions

      No one knows what kind of a business you should start, what is needed or salable where you live, what your skills are, what your interests are

      Most of the time all these helpful henry threads end up the "asker" never even comes back or updates

      Hey I am bored so I think I will go over to a forum for professional ballet dancers and say "Hey I might want to get into this stuff....what ya think?"

      You are the type of Negative Nancy that I don't allow in the company I work for. You don't have time to discuss ideas (that anybody reading this can do too), but you do have the time to "drop everything" to input your own negative spin on things.

      If you're too busy to contribute, you're too busy to be a downer. I'll ignore your future posts. You won't drag me down too.

      And, if you haven't noticed, there are already a couple of good ideas here.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10199437].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Freebiequeen1999
        Originally Posted by bert81 View Post

        You are the type of Negative Nancy that I don't allow in the company I work for. You don't have time to discuss ideas (that anybody reading this can do too), but you do have the time to "drop everything" to input your own negative spin on things.

        If you're too busy to contribute, you're too busy to be a downer. I'll ignore your future posts. You won't drag me down too.

        And, if you haven't noticed, there are already a couple of good ideas here.
        No I am just realistic. If you had the common courtesy to do a search you would have found many answers.

        I don't want to work in a company...been there..done that....LOL

        Oh hey...there are tons of posts here from people who are scared to sell, unsure, afraid to pick up a phone

        Let's see how much time YOU spend giving free training here. Should be interesting to watch
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10200477].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Gotowebguy
      Originally Posted by Freebiequeen1999 View Post

      Hey I am bored so I think I will go over to a forum for professional ballet dancers and say "Hey I might want to get into this stuff....what ya think?"
      I think you should be very careful ballet is very bad for your toes. They get crushed...
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10211233].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bert81
    Thank you, jamesfreddyc for you idea! I'll check that out. I very much appreciate your time!

    Also, to David Rosa, I have thought about doing some consulting work. I like the idea as I have trained people who are currently making about $100k. Thank you too for your input.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10199430].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JaySG
    If you are an accomplished salesperson you have a big advantage. You have one of the most important skills to start any business. If you can sell premium services and if you can focus on a service that has recurring fees then you are golden because you are going to earn from that client for many years to come. So think about a business that can be premium fee + recurring revenue. Hope that helps.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10199482].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bert81
      Originally Posted by JaySG View Post

      If you are an accomplished salesperson you have a big advantage. You have one of the most important skills to start any business. If you can sell premium services and if you can focus on a service that has recurring fees then you are golden because you are going to earn from that client for many years to come. So think about a business that can be premium fee + recurring revenue. Hope that helps.
      That's what I'm thinking. Premium charge with recurring. I'm leaning I think towards online reputation management. Maybe I should be looking for a coach for that?

      Thank you for your input.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10200128].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Chris Grable
        bert81,

        Look at the numbers before you do or decide anything. Are you going to sell your own product/service or someone elses? What is the revenue generated from one sale? Is there a residual component? If so, how long can you expect folks to stay with the program? Expenses? How many sales... total and per month do you need to meet your income expectations?

        You get the idea... Run the numbers.

        Best of Luck!
        Chris
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10200682].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author digichik
    You have a huge advantage over most, you already know how to sell. However, if you are planning to keep your job, I don't think Reputation Management is a good place to start. Rep Mgt. will require more of your attention than you think, even outsourcing most of the tasks required to do it. There are other services which will generate recurring income, but won't require as much of your attention. Yeah, I'm speaking from experience.
    Signature



    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10200532].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bert81
      Originally Posted by digichik View Post

      You have a huge advantage over most, you already know how to sell. However, if you are planning to keep your job, I don't think Reputation Management is a good place to start. Rep Mgt. will require more of your attention than you think, even outsourcing most of the tasks required to do it. There are other services which will generate recurring income, but won't require as much of your attention. Yeah, I'm speaking from experience.
      Are you referring to SEO?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10200684].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Freebiequeen1999
      Originally Posted by digichik View Post

      You have a huge advantage over most, you already know how to sell. However, if you are planning to keep your job, I don't think Reputation Management is a good place to start. Rep Mgt. will require more of your attention than you think, even outsourcing most of the tasks required to do it. There are other services which will generate recurring income, but won't require as much of your attention. Yeah, I'm speaking from experience.
      Thanks maybe we can start a new thread on that. I think it would be good if people on here came back and shared what happened, what worked and what didn't work
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10200790].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kuku
    I suggest you check on businesses for sale.
    There should be many marketplaces, with all types and scales of businesses.
    Look for online marketplaces, so that you can move quickly.

    The advantage of this approach is that the seller gives you most of the vital information regarding that line of business, whatever it is, because they want to sell that business!

    Make sure you do additional research once you've found a business, because as said, the seller wants to sell - and you need to find out the disadvantages
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10200922].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bert81
      Originally Posted by kuku View Post

      I suggest you check on businesses for sale.
      There should be many marketplaces, with all types and scales of businesses.
      Look for online marketplaces, so that you can move quickly.

      The advantage of this approach is that the seller gives you most of the vital information regarding that line of business, whatever it is, because they want to sell that business!

      Make sure you do additional research once you've found a business, because as said, the seller wants to sell - and you need to find out the disadvantages
      That is something I have entertained, but I'm so hesitant in believing some of the claims that some of those businesses make. I do like the idea of having everything already set up though.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10202501].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author LogoDesignerz
    I always say that do work what you like and love. Also prefer you skills when you go for your own business or self work.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10201860].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tiffanymika
    Here is a suggestion... why don't you get involved with an online company who is looking for someone who has the skills you have. For example your sales experience and phone sales.

    Work for that company for a while so you can see how to online business side of things work... you can get a better understanding of how to build your client base, how to put your own training programs together, how to put your marketing and sales funnels together etc.

    Or invest part time into a business venture online and learn to leverage that business system and the inner workings of that system... so you can generate an income from it with the plan to create your own courses and training programs etc.

    Just something for you to think about.

    Just send me a message if you want to discuss further your ideas.

    Cheers

    Tiff
    Signature

    Tiffany Mika

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10202580].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Freebiequeen1999
    Blah blah...create your own courses and training....right...yeah - get into "offline" marketing with the idea to sell courses online?

    now there are recent sales idea threads here - maybe the OP can give back before he asks for all this help...let's see you teach this kid "how to sell"..show us what you can do before you hack together a course?

    http://www.warriorforum.com/offline-...new-sales.html

    http://www.warriorforum.com/offline-...rejection.html
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10202700].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author savidge4
    Originally Posted by bert81 View Post

    So, I'm an accomplished phone salesperson who is making about $100k/year, and expecting to bring in about twice that next year with an upcoming promotion (I'm very good); however, I am interested in working for myself and am would love some good ideas as to how I can do this on my own.

    I'd love some ideas. Something with residual incomes would be ideal. Plus something I can outsource. And, I'd need someone who's good with doing all the stuff I can't stand, like building a website, doing graphics, content, etc.

    Any input would be wonderful. Thank you for your time.
    If we take the known variable here, you are good at phone sales. You don't like the online development process. you DO want something that is residual in nature. You do not want to be involved in the fulfillment end.

    Immediately there are a few options:

    • Get licensed and sell Business based insurance ( life insurance )
    • Jv with someone and sell online service ( web dev, SEO, PPC, etc )
    • get into lead development with residual possibilities
    • self develop an online community ( outsource the building )
    I think the key here is you are not alone in this endeavour. I know there are more than a few of the "regulars" in this sub section of the forum alone that are headed in this direction. I believe that the options above are a few that many of s are taking.

    The method I did not mention above is finding the start-up business that is in need of a person with your experience. This is more about being a piece of potential growth and a percentage of the whole picture. I can say personally this is the avenue I have been looking at. Well.. not looking, I am participating.

    I would say equity share partnerships would probably be the route for you to go, it is simply a matter of finding the opportunity that would best suit your strengths and their weaknesses. Everyone then has some "skin in the game".

    The issue then becomes with your strengths.. can you step into a gamble.. and have the time to maintain your current cash flow and give everything that may be needed towards the new potential cash flow opportunity?

    What really needs to be looked at is how much time are you able to commit? the answer to this question then dictates the types of opportunities you are looking for. You can then categorize the types of business' that you may be able to participate in based on this. and from this, then your choices and options become more obvious.


    Hope that Helps!
    Signature
    Success is an ACT not an idea
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10203765].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bert81
      Originally Posted by savidge4 View Post

      If we take the known variable here, you are good at phone sales. You don't like the online development process. you DO want something that is residual in nature. You do not want to be involved in the fulfillment end.

      Immediately there are a few options:

      • Get licensed and sell Business based insurance ( life insurance )
      • Jv with someone and sell online service ( web dev, SEO, PPC, etc )
      • get into lead development with residual possibilities
      • self develop an online community ( outsource the building )
      I think the key here is you are not alone in this endeavour. I know there are more than a few of the "regulars" in this sub section of the forum alone that are headed in this direction. I believe that the options above are a few that many of s are taking.

      The method I did not mention above is finding the start-up business that is in need of a person with your experience. This is more about being a piece of potential growth and a percentage of the whole picture. I can say personally this is the avenue I have been looking at. Well.. not looking, I am participating.

      I would say equity share partnerships would probably be the route for you to go, it is simply a matter of finding the opportunity that would best suit your strengths and their weaknesses. Everyone then has some "skin in the game".

      The issue then becomes with your strengths.. can you step into a gamble.. and have the time to maintain your current cash flow and give everything that may be needed towards the new potential cash flow opportunity?

      What really needs to be looked at is how much time are you able to commit? the answer to this question then dictates the types of opportunities you are looking for. You can then categorize the types of business' that you may be able to participate in based on this. and from this, then your choices and options become more obvious.


      Hope that Helps!

      Yes it does. Thank you so much for your insight. That does provide me some things to think about. I have been considering insurance, and if I could get in on a company, or even find a business partner to help me take care of the tedious tasks involved, I would be grateful.

      Thanks again!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10211045].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author workbyinternet
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10203816].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Freebiequeen1999
      Originally Posted by workbyinternet View Post

      Just believe in yourself and start something today. Don't wait for tomorrow. There are many ideas out there but some works better. One of the best ideas is building useful websites in these areas: dating, real estate, micro jobs, video sharing, online store, car dealer. Try more and work hard to add value to the Internet and it will definitely gives you a reward.

      Good gravy...and you just happen to have some sites like that in your sig?

      This place is like a snakepit
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10203862].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author savidge4
        Originally Posted by Freebiequeen1999 View Post

        Good gravy...and you just happen to have some sites like that in your sig?

        This place is like a snakepit
        STOP COMPLAINING and start taking action. The post is without question self serving and not adding any value. hit the red triangle and report the post and move on. Less yacking at the mouth and more action. it not that hard.
        Signature
        Success is an ACT not an idea
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10203976].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Freebiequeen1999
          Originally Posted by savidge4 View Post

          STOP COMPLAINING and start taking action. The post is without question self serving and not adding any value. hit the red triangle and report the post and move on. Less yacking at the mouth and more action. it not that hard.
          I already do that...I want others to do the same

          I have never seen a forum like this with so many people pushing junk and so many threads started by drive bys who post a generic question then the spammer move in
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10204247].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author bert81
          Originally Posted by savidge4 View Post

          STOP COMPLAINING and start taking action. The post is without question self serving and not adding any value. hit the red triangle and report the post and move on. Less yacking at the mouth and more action. it not that hard.
          It's pointless talking to her. She has that negative mindset that is incapable of jiving with the real world and prefers to spend her time bringing others down while justifying her negative actions at the same time. She's a child. At this point, she's just trolling.

          Thank you for your input, and I agree, if there was more action put into place, and more hard work, she would find better things to do than crap all over a thread that has just as much potential to help people get ideas as almost any other thread on this forum.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10211042].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Underground
            Originally Posted by bert81 View Post

            It's pointless talking to her. She has that negative mindset that is incapable of jiving with the real world and prefers to spend her time bringing others down while justifying her negative actions at the same time. She's a child. At this point, she's just trolling. https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...hs-and-sadists

            Thank you for your input, and I agree, if there was more action put into place, and more hard work, she would find better things to do than crap all over a thread that has just as much potential to help people get ideas as almost any other thread on this forum.


            Reading that article and seeing the implied implication that Freebiequeen is some kind of sadist is ludicrous.

            What is it, is that people don't like the truth, or people who don't sugar coat it. Whenever someone speaks the truth on a place when most people desperately want to ignore it, they get outcast and the ''group'' likes to join it and get their own abuse in.

            What Freebie is rallying against is true. I did read this thread and thought she'd made a mistake in this case assuming your post was the same as the other threads full of idiots coming along and wanting people to spoon feed-them a ready made business idea instead of doing the proper market research themselves, which is the case for most of these threads.

            This one was the exception, but you're going too far with the insinuation and people shouldn't get that idea in their heads. She's just trying to implore people to get real on a place where most people truly live in the land of the delusional.

            She's fighting a losing battle here though, because most people want to reside in the land of delusion rather than getting it together.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10211076].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author bert81
              Originally Posted by Underground View Post

              Reading that article and seeing the implied implication that Freebiequeen is some kind of sadist is ludicrous.

              What is it, is that people don't like the truth, or people who don't sugar coat it. Whenever someone speaks the truth on a place when most people desperately want to ignore it, they get outcast and the ''group'' likes to join it and get their own abuse in.

              What Freebie is rallying against is true. I did read this thread and thought she'd made a mistake in this case assuming your post was the same as the other threads full of idiots coming along and wanting people to spoon feed-them a ready made business idea instead of doing the proper market research themselves, which is the case for most of these threads.

              This one was the exception, but you're going too far with the insinuation and people shouldn't get that idea in their heads. She's just trying to implore people to get real on a place where most people truly live in the land of the delusional.

              She's fighting a losing battle here though, because most people want to reside in the land of delusion rather than getting it together.
              I've removed the link. My intent was to demonstrate that she is enjoying this contention as opposed to wanting to get her ideas across, not that it was necessarily sadism; although I can see where that would obviously be perceived.

              Thanks for putting that into perspective.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10211216].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Underground
                Originally Posted by bert81 View Post

                I've removed the link. My intent was to demonstrate that she is enjoying this contention as opposed to wanting to get her ideas across, not that it was necessarily sadism; although I can see where that would obviously be perceived.

                Thanks for putting that into perspective.
                I was being overly-literal to press home a point. If I was on the receiving end of a comment like that I'd see it the same way. But a lot of people would do well to listen to what she says, which if people start to actual believe all she is doing is trolling and I'm sure there are few people with axes to grind willing to step in and add their weight to that suggestion, they won't take on-board something that would help them in the long run.

                There's plenty of people where the sentiments she did share should be listened for their own benefit. It was a case of mistaken identity in this case.

                Back on the theme of this thread, it is surprisingly hard to find the right thing to start your business, unless you already have a desire to build something that's more than just about making money but a brand and name for yourself as a real expert and authority in something. After years, I'm really only really getting clarity on the right to use my skills and the right products and services to sell. It's not as easy as it seems.

                And on this place it's most the same old services attempting to be sold in a very crowded market that is increasing sophisticated and where the competition much stronger than many of the people here.

                If I were you I'd become a business development consultant. That is, finding great joint ventures, jv's, partnerships, sponsors for business, and setting them up on their behalf. This is what lean start ups do in the tech-world to form mutually-beneficially relations that sky rocket their growth.

                I need people like that myself like. I'd much rather hire a person to try to set up 10 ongoing alliances with big, complementary with major resources, lists and databases to tap into for massive growth, from 100 calls then hire someone to make a hundred straight sales calls.

                Offer that to people looking for sales people, who are everywhere, and many people would be interested in someone who can help them find, approach, negotiate and execute a good partnership, but may not have considered it.

                It's a growth hacking strategy, like the influencer strategy in social media, that makes perfect sense, gets way more exposure than the 1 to 1 selling or ppc advertising, that you would think would be the norm, but most still do things the other way, do the familiar. If you could specialize in helping people get exceptional growth through business development, and had a few successful case studies behind you in an area that is understocked with competition but something businesses owners would bite your hand of if you could help them achieve that.


                Either way, I'd be thinking along the lines of what a potential customer would want most, and ways to come up with a way to get them that based on the skills you have.

                Little niche services that make you a big fish in a small pond, but bring far more results than just the same standard marketing services everyone else is offering that do little for the business.

                If you could become renowned for helping companies see spectacular growth and highly profitable partnerships by putting your existing skills to use in that way, which is as achievable as it is getting the customers you get now with the right proposition, you would have people falling over themselves do business with you.

                That's what I'd do anyway. Very profitable with the right companies who deal in big numbers.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10211261].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author animal44
                  Originally Posted by Underground View Post

                  If I were you I'd become a business development consultant. That is, finding great joint ventures, jv's, partnerships, sponsors for business, and setting them up on their behalf.
                  This is a large part of what I do and I can verify that it's great fun and very rewarding, not just financially...

                  And I'm not selling anything on here...!
                  Signature

                  People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
                  What I do for a living

                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10212962].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author Underground
                    Originally Posted by animal44 View Post

                    This is a large part of what I do and I can verify that it's great fun and very rewarding, not just financially...

                    And I'm not selling anything on here...!
                    Yeah, I read your great article on it. You definitely have the mindset that's been defined as the Growth Hacker mindset. I dislike the term and the buzz-word/jargon connotation but not the actually principles.

                    It's become clear to me many people don't have that. The standard traditional tools and techniques, and seeing ultra-conservative growth is something they are perfectly comfortable with.

                    It's unfathomable to me now that I'm not a beginner and have a good working understanding of marketing to resist being open to techniques that offer way more growth than the standard techniques for the same amount of work.

                    I think you either have the growth hacker mindset already, or the potential to operate in that way, or you don't. How to get the most out of everything you do. It's seems to be a natural way of looking at things differently then everyone else, and that's certainly not the case because most people follow the herd.

                    Here's a good overview of that mindset: The 5 Phases of Growth Hacking

                    It's similar to something Jay Abraham describes as geometric growth coming from having a mindset that can instantly analyse all the possible ways to take advantage of something, rather then get into a fixed, limiting mindset.

                    There is a major market for businesses (a lot of start-ups in particular) looking to hire people with the growth hacking mindset, skills and systems, and I've already found a few agencies in my city positioning themselves to that effect since I decided to base my company on researching, planning and offering implementation for things like contents, jv;s, viral campaigns, and other marketing services that can help them act on opportunities in their market, which could be described as growth marketing.

                    Many more businesses are going to want to start seeking out services, the more they hear about all these amazing growth stories.

                    For anyone interested, I'd recommend checking out these courses and then researching further: https://www.udemy.com/business-devel...tegy-startups/

                    Or seeing if you can track down the course Never Ending Clients by Kevin Wilkes and Joe Graziano, which I can vouch for as being one of the rare solid courses on how to set up referral partnerships that once set up and managed properly is liking having large teams of prospectors and lead generators working for you without having to hire teams to do that.

                    There's a big market for people interested in the growth hacking type marketing versus traditional stuff, waiting to be served.

                    [Edit]Reading mostly the same old, worn-out, mostly ineffectual tactics here advocated to new comers is a particular annoyance to me. That market is crowded and jaded. I just clicked on this link from the warrior forum to this page. Learning the expertise, skills and practices use by these companies and being able to create great marketing and and a sales process pitching businesses, you're going to be one of the few people doing so in your marketplace right now and you'll get much more interest than being another guy/gal in a thousand offering the same old basic services.

                    http://sydstart.com/?utm_source=warr...m_campaign=top
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10213341].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author James Henry
    It is very good on your part to start your own work. Being you are very sucessful salesperson,you should start this work on small scale without leaving your present job.It can be started part time in the name of the wife. If it appears to you that your business is flourishing in the small scale, you can hire more persons to control the work under your supervision. On sucessful progress of your business, you can create your own website, which should contain all the details of your business.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10212776].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ozonic
    Because you are looking for ideas I won't go in details but I will give you some general information:

    1. You can look for jobs in your area of expertise on freelancer sites like elance or freelancer , good thing about this sites is that pretty often people post same jobs so you can almost copy/paste already finished deals and make money more than once.

    2. Since you are salesperson you can try doing affiliate marketing and use your sales skills to your advantage, this type of business is really good if you want residual income. You can promote offers that people buy on monthly bases so you can receive commissions every month for every sale you make . You can register and find products to promote on sites like clickbank and JVZoo.

    3. You can resell stuff on ebay or some similar sites, you can also build your own site and make online store, you find a supplier, connect things together and you have automated turnkey business which you can later on even sell for a good money.

    If you don't know html and other stuff for website building I suggest you to look for sites like weebly (I use weebly). These sites work on drag and drop principle so you don't have to know anything about code and etc.
    Signature
    Free ebook "The Money Is In The List". This will help you a lot if you're struggling online. Download here.

    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10213034].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author joybanerjee
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10218170].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bizgrower
    You might look into becoming a manufacturers rep. I know someone who does it for ski clothing.
    She's taken on several different manufacturers.

    Boring, but lucrative: oil field supplies. Sand for lubricating the drilling. Equipment.
    Big ticket and repetitive.
    Signature

    "If you think you're the smartest person in the room, then you're probably in the wrong room."

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10219569].message }}

Trending Topics