Over 60,000 In Attendance Every Sunday--What Should I Sell Them?

17 replies
Hello Warriors,

I live close to a Church and also a member with a capacity well over 60,000 every Sunday with 3 services per Sunday.

What sort of service can sell to this traffic every sunday?

I am setting up an office soon.

My plan is to make handbills (fliers) and distribute them. What Internet based service or product can I sell to a traffic like this? Consulting is cool, what area of consulting?

If you had a Church with this capacity, what would you do?
#attendance #sell #sundaywhat
  • I would make them tell me. Make a simple landing page asking what they need help with in life. Money? Health? Business? Family? etc. If you're able to, break down the initial answer. For example, if they choose "Money" take them to the next set of questions asking: Are you behind on debt? Are you about to go into foreclosure? Are you needing a job?

    If they choose "Health", have follow up questions like: Do you need a fitness trainer? Do you need medical care? Do you need diet consultation?

    Give them the choice of entering their name and email, but do NOT make it mandatory. Get as many people to answer your questions so then you know what to sell them. It's hard to sell to people you have no idea how to help. So let them help you help them.
    Signature
    OutsourcingWizards.com - Giving you leverage, not excuses.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10813934].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author animal44
    You're a member of a church and you want to sell on a Sunday?
    Ever read your bible, specifically the cleansing of the temple?

    Maybe you could sell bibles...? Or tickets to heaven...?*Or forgiveness...?

    More seriously, I think you might get a backlash if you were to try and directly sell to a congregation. You could run an Ad in the parish magazine or some sort of JV with the church, but selling on a Sunday IMHO (and I'm not in any way religious) would be a bad idea.

    As for what to sell, well, what are the issues people in your community are facing. What products or services could help them...?
    Signature

    People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
    What I do for a living

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10814061].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author masterpeez4py
      Originally Posted by animal44 View Post

      You're a member of a church and you want to sell on a Sunday?
      Ever read your bible, specifically the cleansing of the temple?

      Maybe you could sell bibles...? Or tickets to heaven...?*Or forgiveness...?

      More seriously, I think you might get a backlash if you were to try and directly sell to a congregation. You could run an Ad in the parish magazine or some sort of JV with the church, but selling on a Sunday IMHO (and I'm not in any way religious) would be a bad idea.

      As for what to sell, well, what are the issues people in your community are facing. What products or services could help them...?
      Nope, not selling while INSIDE the church but when people are going out or coming in. My planner is to distribute fliers ONLY. Basically, I would like to do some consulting but what to teach in my consulting service that has much demand is where my problem lies lol.

      Will give it more thoughts
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10815363].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author DABK
        Why don't you hire yourself to consult you on this?

        You are going about things backwards. First, you're supposed to find a hungry crowd, then feed them what they're hungry for.

        You found a crowd.
        Find what they're hungry for. (Best source on this type of knowledge is the crowd itself.)

        Probably, you'll find different markets in this crowd.

        The biggest would have to do with food, like Gordon said.

        If you want to consult them: what's your area of expertise? Wouldn't that be your starting point?

        Are you a psychologist? Nutritionist? What?

        Originally Posted by masterpeez4py View Post

        Nope, not selling while INSIDE the church but when people are going out or coming in. My planner is to distribute fliers ONLY. Basically, I would like to do some consulting but what to teach in my consulting service that has much demand is where my problem lies lol.

        Will give it more thoughts
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10815902].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Richard Goldie
    Why don't you start a magazine?

    Base it around the church and religion.

    You would have a captive audience and advertisers would be easy to attract.

    You could also test your own products in magazine.
    Signature

    Create great looking word clouds for your website click on the link and enter warrior at checkout. Click here for word art for your website.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10814127].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GordonJ
    Originally Posted by masterpeez4py View Post

    Hello Warriors,

    I live close to a Church and also a member with a capacity well over 60,000 every Sunday with 3 services per Sunday.

    What sort of service can sell to this traffic every sunday?

    I am setting up an office soon.

    My plan is to make handbills (fliers) and distribute them. What Internet based service or product can I sell to a traffic like this? Consulting is cool, what area of consulting?

    If you had a Church with this capacity, what would you do?
    Two words. Food truck. (Or cart, or freezer).

    Fried chicken used to be a Sunday staple. Maybe, Rev. Sanders' Brimstone Cooked?

    In summer, after sitting through another service, sell them ice cream.

    BAM, you got a biz.

    GordonJ
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10814315].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author eccj
    Originally Posted by masterpeez4py View Post

    Hello Warriors,

    I live close to a Church and also a member with a capacity well over 60,000 every Sunday with 3 services per Sunday.

    What sort of service can sell to this traffic every sunday?

    I am setting up an office soon.

    My plan is to make handbills (fliers) and distribute them. What Internet based service or product can I sell to a traffic like this? Consulting is cool, what area of consulting?

    If you had a Church with this capacity, what would you do?
    You're kidding me right?

    Are you a member or do you live close by a member? A lot of big churches get people because they want to network so if the church is any good they will smell you from a mile away.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10814549].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Advanpro
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10814619].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ron Lafuddy
      Originally Posted by Advanpro View Post

      Offer them Redemption !!!
      Exactly!

      What does every community church need?

      Of course! The answer is right on the tip of your tongue...

      a sin-eater.

      It's a time honored tradition in the "classic" sense.

      Dining on Damnation: a Short History of the Sin Eaters – Week In Weird

      "The sin-eater was selected (or possibly self-appointed) from the most detestable in the community. An ugly, decrepit, wretch, this most base of humanity was often from society’s lowest class. Regardless of their outward appearance, the sin-eater performed a vital function. Theirs was an unholy task, the cause of horror for civilized society. Like so many others throughout the ages, the talents of damned are often times in high demand. Everyone is willing to pay for a service that in its very nature is unspeakable."

      Don't worry too much about that last part. People forget about sins pretty fast. Just look at Bill Clinton's many comebacks.

      As a sin-eater, you'll be a well recognized member of the community. You'll finally have the reputation so richly deserve.

      Isn't it time for You...to have your slice of the pie? Join the Select Group that everyone is talking about.

      As a way of giving back to the forum, for a small donation, you will receive my Blessing and Permission to announce your new profession, to the entire congregation. At the next church service.

      Don't be surprised if they start talking about you, right there on the spot.
      Nothing is more powerful than word of mouth to promote your new enterprise.

      Send that money..err...ah...donation to Ol' Ron TODAY, so you can get started right away!

      Ron
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10815674].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author professorrosado
    You say that "you're setting up an office soon" - what office and for what business model?

    It is easy to think that all or most of the 60,000 are of one mind but in truth they are not. They are all leaving in different directions to satisfy their remaining wants on a Sunday.

    So you have two ways to address this block: through the one or through the many.
    The pastor is the key person to "reach" if you want to get anything done in a major way.

    If you do not have ease of access (at least with your skill set or business model), then I wouldn't focus on the membership as a source of revenue, but I would look outside the church for other businesses that would like to get a portion of those 60M weekly hungry-after-church folks. I would make biz cards with that as the name:

    Do You Want up To 60,000 After Church To Your Business?

    Sell yourself as a marketing consultant - create ad venues, target influencers within that market block, promote sales and giveaways after church, etc.

    There are a few main clients that should pick you up immediately:
    - Used Car Dealers
    - Financial Services
    - Real Estate Broker
    - Funeral Pre-Planning
    - Life Insurance Brokers
    - Caterers
    - Shopping Mall
    - Retailers along the main strip.

    The rest of the story depends on your creativity and intelligence in crafting wanted services and connecting with the sub-groups within the 60M block.


    Slowly build some services through your influencers within the church group along the way.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10816220].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
    Originally Posted by masterpeez4py View Post

    Hello Warriors,

    I live close to a Church and also a member with a capacity well over 60,000 every Sunday with 3 services per Sunday.

    What sort of service can sell to this traffic every sunday?
    This isn't traffic. The only way you could call this a group, is if you pitched the entire congregation from the front of the room.

    All that these church goers have in common is that they go to church, and drive cars.

    They are no different from any other 60,000 people.

    Unless what you sell is directly related to this church (and then, you should be there speaking), you may as well put your fliers on any other car. It's just a parking lot full of cars, unless you are going inside.

    And putting fliers on people cars? There is almost no worse way to promote a business.

    Nothing screams "I'm a professional" like fliers on car windows. And nothing makes a church love you, like having to pick up thousands of fliers off the church parking lot.

    Your posts indicate that the entirety of your research into your best business model, consists of thinking "Consulting is cool".

    How do you know? Are church goers rabid buyers of consultancy services?
    Signature
    One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr

    "Those who know that they are profound strive for clarity. Those who would like to seem profound to the crowd strive for obscurity" Friedrich Nietzsche
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10816334].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author umc
    You could sell them workshops on critical thinking skills but your crowds would dwindle quickly.
    Signature

    Simple "pay what you want" life coaching services online.
    Get out of your own way in business. It's personal. Click Here

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10816431].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GordonJ
    HMM. Could I find four local businesses, probably restaurants, or whatever.

    To pay 99 bux to be on 2,000 fliers, along with 4-5 other
    Sunday specials unique to that church, and get the church involved by having the flyers in a holder near the bulletin board.

    Could I? Hmmmm

    GordonJ
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10816587].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
      Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post

      HMM. Could I find four local businesses, probably restaurants, or whatever.

      To pay 99 bux to be on 2,000 fliers, along with 4-5 other
      Sunday specials unique to that church, and get the church involved by having the flyers in a holder near the bulletin board.

      Could I? Hmmmm

      GordonJ

      Perhaps the most useful idea here.
      Signature
      One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr

      "Those who know that they are profound strive for clarity. Those who would like to seem profound to the crowd strive for obscurity" Friedrich Nietzsche
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10816589].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author james flynn
    Well you have a pretty nice audience to target which most of the time is family oriented.You can provide them real estate consultancy or may be offer them catering related services on weddings or birthday parties.

    James
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10826846].message }}
  • I can't speak for the US of A.

    But here in the UK Ads in Parish and Church magazines tend to get a consistently good response (with circulations a lot less than 60,000).

    I know of businesses who rarely advertise anywhere else - because they get most of the customers they need.

    Parishioners and congregations usually pay a yearly subscription (a low amount) for 12 editions and the readership is extremely high.

    If it hasn't been done I would help start or expand your church magazine, keep increasing the number of subscribers and sell more Ads.

    No harm in offering a copywriting and design service to bump up the Ad results - even further.


    Steve
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10826912].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Digital Traffic
    How about approaching the church to use their website to set up an affiliate website program run by you, where you split the profits with the church on a agreed upon schedule 50-50, 60-40 etc..

    Then search the businesses in your area, including the major online retailers, that offer affiliate programs and explain to the church members that every purchase run through the website, there is a donation made to the church.

    I set one up for a sportsman's club, and they all loved the idea, plus they promote the website themselves and to all of their friends.

    I'm sure the church would do the same.

    Win, Win.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10826936].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author masterpeez4py
      Originally Posted by Digital Traffic View Post

      How about approaching the church to use their website to set up an affiliate website program run by you, where you split the profits with the church on a agreed upon schedule 50-50, 60-40 etc..

      Then search the businesses in your area, including the major online retailers, that offer affiliate programs and explain to the church members that every purchase run through the website, there is a donation made to the church.

      I set one up for a sportsman's club, and they all loved the idea, plus they promote the website themselves and to all of their friends.

      I'm sure the church would do the same.

      Win, Win.
      This look good and I had not think in this area before now. The church is the richest and getting my proposal across to founder might be a bit difficult but I will give it short.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10828815].message }}

Trending Topics