I've recently left a marketing agency to go freelance to pursue content marketing for small businesses. I have a couple of clients but I don't currently have a consistent plan for charging new clients and I wanted to get some feedback.
Essentially my plan is:
• Initial consultation 5 - 30 min Skype chat. (Free).
• From here I put together a written proposal for all the marketing work I plan to do relevant to that company and why. I'd charge $1500 for this. Next, they can sign up to work with me for three months, if they do that, they don't have to pay the $1,500. If not they can pay and we part ways.
• From here the client can either sign up for a minimum 3 month session at a cost of $3000 - $5000 a month for complete content management e.g. video content, gifs, memes, blog writing, backlinks, ppc, SEO etc. This cost would be for my services only.
My question is twofold:
1) Do these prices seem too high for someone starting out?
2) How much do you think I should recommend the client put aside to spend exclusively on paid promotion? Obviously it's very much horses for courses, but I was thinking of recommending small business put $1000 - $2000 aside per month.
Any thoughts would be much appreciated.