Product/Service: Organic Lead Generation aka SEO.
Hey guys, so i feel pretty good that i actually had a productive week, i did not make a sale. However i feel confident in my script which i rewrote about 5 times, i have a good opener that works and i have memorized. Despite not making a sale i feel qualified to speak about my experience so far, it still can be helpful.
So im going to share what i learned thus far, by no means am i throwing in the towel.
What i learned
- Come up with a decent opener, the way you do this is experiment with what gets you the best response. Memorize it and implement on your prospects without looking at the script.
- Don't worry about trying to be Confident, i am naturally an introverted nerd, competence gives you confidence naturally so don't beat yourself up on trying to act confident. If you can memorize your opener/script this will give you the competence thus confidence in keep calling and not freaking out like i was when i started.
- Just cold call, and the energy to call more will follow.
Things that i need to improve
- Control the conversation.
- Sound less robotic( i have naturally a very deep voice)
- Use more tie downs.
- Find better leads.
- Not being afraid to fail/rejected.
Out of the things that i need to improve, i would say controlling the conversation is a big one for me.
I am reading "Power Phone Scripts: 500 Word-for-Word Questions, Phrases, and Conversations to Open and Close More Sales" and it briefly mentions how to control the conversation by using tie downs after answering a question from the prospect.
What i ran into my cold calling adventure, was responses that went like this.
What's organic lead generation, whats this or that, where do you get the leads from, etc.
What do you do ? or What are you selling ?
This was all at the beginning of the call before i ask permission to ask questions.
Today for example,
I was hit with "what do you do"?
I answer with
I understand you probably have questions regarding that, but do you mine if i ask a couple quick questions so i don't waste your time(this was my attempt to control the conversation but it didn't work)
DM:I'm getting ready to hang up, if you don't tell me what it is.
I caved(not knowing how to respond)
ME:I do _______, how would that work ?
DM:No im not interested, click
What i realized is that the prospect was trying to take control of the conversation. This was something that i didn't pick up on before.
So i need a way to recenter the call back to my script, so i can regain control of the conversation to pitch my offer and ask for the sale.
Also any tips for sounding less robotic. Thanks guys. Hearing the success of iamnameless, and a few others is what keeps me enthusiastic as h**** about cold calling. I am imagining wealth, and a great lifestyle. I'm extremely optimistic about what im doing. I just have to pass these hurtles.