I deliver flyers door to door as a job. What could I market on top of this?

15 replies
I work for a company and deliver flyers door to door for them. In the average month, I deliver to 5000 houses. I was thinking that I might as well take advantage of this and print some of my own flyers and deliver them as well. What affiliate programs or products or services could you recommend that would convert well?
#deliver #door #flyers #job #market #top
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author umc
    I may be wrong here, but if you value this job you might want to make sure it is okay to dilute the delivered product with your own. You could lose the job if caught. Maybe I'm just being overly cautious, or maybe you already deliver multiple flyers each time you hit a house, but if I'm paying you to deliver my flyer exclusively and you put something else in there it might not make me happy.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11302913].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
      Originally Posted by umc View Post

      I may be wrong here, but if you value this job you might want to make sure it is okay to dilute the delivered product with your own. You could lose the job if caught. Maybe I'm just being overly cautious, or maybe you already deliver multiple flyers each time you hit a house, but if I'm paying you to deliver my flyer exclusively and you put something else in there it might not make me happy.
      This.

      I once had to fire a guy who thought it would be clever to slip a flyer for his MLM in with our monthly invoices.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11303224].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author DABK
        I would have fired him, his mother, his father, his brother, his future kids. Am I mean or are you kind?

        Originally Posted by JohnMcCabe View Post

        This.

        I once had to fire a guy who thought it would be clever to slip a flyer for his MLM in with our monthly invoices.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11303813].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
          Originally Posted by DABK View Post

          I would have fired him, his mother, his father, his brother, his future kids. Am I mean or are you kind?
          Both, maybe?

          Nah, I just had bigger fish to fry, like answering the phone and trying to explain why there was an MLM flyer with their invoice, and writing an apology.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11304559].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jresidual
      Of course I would ask him if it's ok. It would only be one flyer so I'm sure he'd be ok with it.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11304624].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
        Originally Posted by jresidual View Post

        Of course I would ask him if it's ok.
        Good move.

        Originally Posted by jresidual View Post

        It would only be one flyer so I'm sure he'd be ok with it.
        Objection - calls for speculation on the part of the witness...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11305293].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ron Lafuddy
    Sometimes the solution is to change things up.

    Some years ago, I helped a guy who is considered to be mentally challenged, start a business delivering flyers to local businesses. He loves what he's doing and the business owners are always happy to see him. Over time, his consistency and dependability have been well rewarded by the business community. Turns out that business owners love to help someone who shows the slightest bit of enthusiasm and hustle in their work.

    Don't know how much you're currently making, but my little buddy makes about $1,000 a week and works when he wants to, part time. Best of luck to you.

    Ron
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11303099].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Prakash Dayani
    insert your own flyer as well and tell them that you have a concierge service, and then you know what to do.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11303523].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author northwish
    Go to local businesses and make them an offer for 5000 flyers distributed in that area. They could pay you for example $200, you pay $100 for the flyers and $100 is profit. These are examples, I don't know the actual prices you have.

    The good part is that you can set like 10 deals like these monthly and you can profit some cash from them
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11304955].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author taffie
    I always see this as a great opportunity to combine your own flyers and those of your employer. It shouldn't really be an issue in my opinion for as long as you don't make it appear as if it's coming from your employer and for as long as it's something people would appreciate.

    I once worked as a courier, which also presents a similar opportunity. Key is to make sure you seek for permission where possible, like in my case I had specific houses to deliver so I would write a letter advising them of my intentions. I developed a newsletter, I just wasn't consistent but it's a brilliant strategy.

    I however made a mistake and slipped my newsletter in one of the houses where they clearly had a notice to say they did not want any unsolicited mail etc who then went and reported me to my employers. My managed then brought it to my attention and told me it was okay for me to do my own thing as long as I don't involve the company.

    If your buss is a smart one and approachable I would introduce the network marketing concept to him and some many other ideas that he could incorporate to his business, there is actually a lot you could do with this. You can get in touch if you like and we can talk some more because it's something that I am really passionate about and think know how to work.

    You got the potential of building a solid relationship with these people because you see some of them and they get to know you. List building couldn't be more targeted if you ask me!
    Signature
    Key Techniques On Developing Verbal Communication Skills www.eddingtonpindura.com Join others on the same mission as you
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11305008].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jlwilliams
    At the risk of making a suggestion that sounds like a dog chasing his tail; how about fliers offering to deliver fliers. That may be better suited to delivering to businesses, but business owners have homes and home businesses are at homes...(as the dog spins after his tail)... you get the point.

    You deliver fliers. That is at this time your service. What I'm suggesting is the equivalent of the "place holder" on billboards that reads to the effect of "Your business could be on this billboard. Contact..."

    Why over complicate it? You are looking for another product/service to promote with your current hustle. Use your current hustle to promote your current hustle. Line up more fliers to deliver, hire people to deliver them, rinse and repeat.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11305850].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cherrybowl
      Very good idea. You could deliver your clients flyers going up the street, finish, then deliver another clients flyers going down or in a different neighborhood. Still make sure it's okay.




      Originally Posted by jlwilliams View Post

      At the risk of making a suggestion that sounds like a dog chasing his tail; how about fliers offering to deliver fliers. That may be better suited to delivering to businesses, but business owners have homes and home businesses are at homes...(as the dog spins after his tail)... you get the point.

      You deliver fliers. That is at this time your service. What I'm suggesting is the equivalent of the "place holder" on billboards that reads to the effect of "Your business could be on this billboard. Contact..."

      Why over complicate it? You are looking for another product/service to promote with your current hustle. Use your current hustle to promote your current hustle. Line up more fliers to deliver, hire people to deliver them, rinse and repeat.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11326690].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author moneymax
    Fire your boss...Then come back as your own boss. For a fee you will deliver his flyers. You deliver your flyers and contact other businesses and deliver their flyers. Your business would be delivering flyers for all sorts of business. I would make sure that none of the businesses compete with each other.

    As far as your flyer, I would make it a curb painting flyer because you can make way more money painting curbs or installing address signs than you would by just passing out flyers for someone.

    Al
    Signature

    Online Marketing Competition SUCKS! No Cost eBook eliminates that problem. No Opt In .pdf eBook. Click Here

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11324109].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    Charge $1 to opt out of future flyers.

    That's what, $5,000 a month?
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11330693].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MartinBuckley
    jresidual,

    Here are a few links to past posts I made here on the Warrior Forum that might help you out with your question and with delivering flyer and or starting your own distribution business.

    https://www.warriorforum.com/offline...pon-flyer.html


    https://www.warriorforum.com/best-on...n-service.html


    https://www.warriorforum.com/offline...ng-flyers.html

    I hope they help and I wish you much success!

    Marty Buckley
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11332279].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics