Rank and Rent Vs. Selling Leads

6 replies
Hello everyone. I am a web designer with a small office in town and I want to start building my business. I had thought about cold calling but I really do not want to be chasing small sales for years so I want to get recurring revenue. I have read quite a bit on this website about lead generation. For those of you that do this do you find rank and rent the website out is better than selling the leads for a fee per lead?

I would think you could make more money with selling leads one by one instead of just renting it but of course there is more work involved. If you think selling the leads one by one is better do you find many clients only want to pay for leads that they convert into a sale? If that is the case is that a good option like doing a % commission or something like that?

Thanks in advance for your help!
#leads #rank #rent #selling
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Peter Lessard
    You would think, and we would think, and everybody will think.. and have opinions.

    The only way you will make money doing this is if someone with that money agrees to give you some.

    That persons reasons will have nothing to do with common sense, just what they are willing to pay for what they believe they are going to get and what they believe they are going to do with it.

    Their willingness to keep paying will have less to do with your ability, just what they can do with what you gave them.

    Find someone that wants to grow their business and agrees to pay for a result BEFORE you bother investing in actually getting that result, or you will just be on out of 100k guys that know how to generate leads, shaking your head in disbelief at what YOU will perceive to be stupid business owners that don't get it.
    Signature
    Ready to generate the next million in sales? The Next Million Agency
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11401146].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TheTwoPointZero
      Originally Posted by Peter Lessard View Post

      You would think, and we would think, and everybody will think.. and have opinions.

      The only way you will make money doing this is if someone with that money agrees to give you some.

      That persons reasons will have nothing to do with common sense, just what they are willing to pay for what they believe they are going to get and what they believe they are going to do with it.

      Their willingness to keep paying will have less to do with your ability, just what they can do with what you gave them.

      Find someone that wants to grow their business and agrees to pay for a result BEFORE you bother investing in actually getting that result, or you will just be on out of 100k guys that know how to generate leads, shaking your head in disbelief at what YOU will perceive to be stupid business owners that don't get it.
      Thank you for your reply. This is a good idea. My worry is without knowing a local business owner personally or having done business with them before how would I approach someone about selling them leads or renting them a website if I do not even know if I can rank for that type of business yet? Doesn't it take at least a few weeks or even months to rank a website like that to start getting leads?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11401282].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Carrrr
        Originally Posted by TheTwoPointZero View Post

        Doesn't it take at least a few weeks or even months to rank a website like that to start getting leads?

        Excellent points from @Peter Lessard - yes it does takes weeks for the site to rank but have you considered other fast paid traffic methods ? Google adwords? Fb Ads ?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11447421].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
    Last post over 3 months, ago!
    Signature

    "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11447544].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DABK
      I guess you never heard of Better late than never, huh?


      Originally Posted by OptedIn View Post

      Last post over 3 months, ago!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11451647].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
        Originally Posted by DABK View Post

        I guess you never heard of Better late than never, huh?
        I've heard of it, but it only applies to people that believe that missing the boat will still get you to your destination. Sometimes, "late," is never! :-)
        Signature

        "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11451657].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics