Anyone Here Use Sizzle Calls with their Marketing?

15 replies
Here's my question for you. Do you currently, or have you in the past, used sizzle calls to help you sell your product or service? If so, what was your experience like and what tips for success can you recommend?
#calls #marketing #sizzle
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author laurencewins
    Can you explain what YOU mean by sizzle calls? I wouldn't want to give you any advice on something that's not what I mean it to be.
    Signature

    Cheers, Laurence. Writer/Editor/Proofreader.
    Website / Blog for more info.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11415779].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chuckholmes
      Originally Posted by laurencewins View Post

      Can you explain what YOU mean by sizzle calls? I wouldn't want to give you any advice on something that's not what I mean it to be.
      A sizzle call is a short 2-5 minute voicemail message that people can call 24/7 to learn more about a product, service or opportunity.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11415800].message }}
      • Originally Posted by chuckholmes View Post

        A sizzle call is a short 2-5 minute voicemail message that people can call 24/7 to learn more about a product, service or opportunity.
        I had several toll free numbers that I put in my ads and my websites..that would give a pre-recorded sales presentation. These were maybe 5-20 minutes in length. Mostly complete sales presentations to bring people in my store, ready to buy. They were profitable for years.

        Edited; Eventually we replaced them with videos. Much more effective, and free.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11432692].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author chuckholmes
          Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

          I had several toll free numbers that I put in my ads and my websites..that would give a pre-recorded sales presentation. These were maybe 5-20 minutes in length. Mostly complete sales presentations to bring people in my store, ready to buy. They were profitable for years.

          Edited; Eventually we replaced them with videos. Much more effective, and free.
          I use both videos and sizzle calls. Both work well for me. I only pay $4.95 per month for the sizzle call line, so I am happy with that.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11433186].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author laurencewins
    Thanks Chuck. That was not what I thought. I have never used such things but I'm sure others will have done so.
    Signature

    Cheers, Laurence. Writer/Editor/Proofreader.
    Website / Blog for more info.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11415826].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author myob
    I use sizzle calls extensively as a tool for my MLM downline. Some marketers may just advertise the phone number and collect contact information.

    However, what I have found to be quite effective is to have prospects call the phone number after a brief introduction. Even better is to do a three-way call into the recorded message.

    This method is easily duplicable for building downlines, and even my senior team members are taught to use this tool. Prospects see readily that they can do it, which results in quick conversions and higher retention.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11415833].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chuckholmes
      Originally Posted by myob View Post

      I use sizzle calls extensively as a tool for my MLM downline. Some marketers may just advertise the phone number and collect contact information.

      However, what I have found to be quite effective is to have prospects call the phone number after a brief introduction. Even better is to do a three-way call into the recorded message.

      This method is easily duplicable for building downlines, and even my senior team members are taught to use this tool. Prospects see readily that they can do it, which results in quick conversions and higher retention.
      Yes, keep things simple and making it so easy that anyone could do it is the way to go, especially in network marketing. I love sizzle calls and use them myself, and with my team, because it's something anyone can do.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11416815].message }}
  • and people still fall for MLM downlines even today?

    Wonders never cease.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11432516].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author myob
      Originally Posted by offmarketinvestor View Post

      and people still fall for MLM downlines even today?

      Wonders never cease.
      Now more than ever before. The last ten years in particular have been explosive with this proven product distribution business model.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11432602].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author eccj
    I've never heard of the term but I am familiar with free recorded messages. Those work pretty well if done right.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11432635].message }}
  • All I know is, sumtimes when ima fry a sausage, skin splits open an' I hear fleetin' *squee* like a baby dolphin singin' her first underwater song.

    Gotta wonder whether alla the sensory exotica arisin' from split sausages ain't mebbe like the selfish gene deal.

    We figure we fryin' sausages, but in reality the sizzle calls be controllin' circumstance so's they can proliferate.

    The sizzle call is the self-replicatin' meme, kinda thing.

    I realise this speculative sausage splittin' analogy prolly got nuthin' to do with marketin', but ima share anyways cos I takin' my meat that way these days steada fatty burgers an' beef pulled offa sum Ms High Cholesterol cow.

    Also plenty salad.
    Signature

    Lightin' fuses is for blowin' stuff together.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11432699].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author poweredspeaker
    I dont have any idea about about this post, can anyone explain it clearly !!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11432866].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author myob
      Originally Posted by poweredspeaker View Post

      I dont have any idea about about this post, can anyone explain it clearly !!!
      The sizzle of your sausage (message) generates leads to take a look at your salad (the offer).
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11433072].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author animal44
        Originally Posted by myob View Post

        The sizzle of your sausage (message) generates leads to take a look at your salad (the offer).
        A salad...? That'd be disappointing...
        Signature

        I stayed up all night trying to figure out where the Sun went.
        Then it dawned on me...
        What I do for a living

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11433173].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author myob
          Originally Posted by animal44 View Post

          A salad...? That'd be disappointing...
          Perhaps you misunderstand, grasshopper. This is the method for example all the heavy weight marketers use to sell their weight-loss, diet, health products, etc. "Lose weight while eating the foods you love", is a typical theme.

          The sausage grease sizzles and oozes into all the nooks and crannies of emotion-triggered senses which drive targeted audiences to the "salad". Generally, it's a pill, drink, or decadent edible decked with (healthy?) result-producing benefits.

          This "sizzle" step, which systematically takes prospects from the familiar to an emotional connection with a product or service, really does work to dramatically reduce sales resistance.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11433195].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics