A quick lesson in Selling 9x12 Post cards

5 replies
I saw this video last night... The main card looks to be a 9x12 maybe a bit larger... A cornerstone ad on the front side and then the standard ads on the back. Towards the end of the video where Gary starts talking how this could be a profit center, and how to SCALE the concept gets super interesting. LEVERAGING BRAND. Basically find cornerstone advertisers that have BRAND to leverage.

https://youtu.be/u1jcO9XMIO0

What gets interesting in this is the guy actually says its $2100 per 5000 cards and usually we talk about to get to cost plus profit, but this concept is cost PLUS profit on a whole other level. a win win for both sides.

Well worth the watch
#9x12 #cards #lesson #post #quick #selling
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Originally Posted by savidge4 View Post

    I saw this video last night... The main card looks to be a 9x12 maybe a bit larger... A cornerstone ad on the front side and then the standard ads on the back. Towards the end of the video where Gary starts talking how this could be a profit center, and how to SCALE the concept gets super interesting. LEVERAGING BRAND. Basically find cornerstone advertisers that have BRAND to leverage.

    https://youtu.be/u1jcO9XMIO0

    What gets interesting in this is the guy actually says its $2100 per 5000 cards and usually we talk about to get to cost plus profit, but this concept is cost PLUS profit on a whole other level. a win win for both sides.

    Well worth the watch
    I've been following Gary for about a year now. I just watched that video last night and you're right, towards the end is the best part.

    Did note that Gary does like direct mail but favors FB. But interesting enough that he mentions the post office is fixed but FB is broken and content on that platform needs the direct response touch. For me it gave me some ideas for my tech clients.

    Chinchilla
    Signature
    Looking For A Classic Copywriting Book? I'm Selling My Copywriting Book Library.

    Many hard to find books available. If interested send me the title you're looking for in a P.M.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11468199].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author savidge4
      Originally Posted by ThePromotionalGuy View Post

      I've been following Gary for about a year now. I just watched that video last night and you're right, towards the end is the best part.

      Did note that Gary does like direct mail but favors FB. But interesting enough that he mentions the post office is fixed but FB is broken and content on that platform needs the direct response touch. For me it gave me some ideas for my tech clients.

      Chinchilla
      After watching this video last night I text someone I know that is going to be running for a local position in Govt... basically a local influencer.. we met today and I laid out the pitch.. Hi im a local boy running for office X and the flip side of this card is some business' within our community #1 I frequesnt and #2 I am more than comfortable sending you too, for the same experience.

      We are working a bit with the overall concept but "Stay Local" seems to be the overall direction. This piece will be a profit center for his campaign. ill make $2400 per 5k and he will probably make about 7.6 which is obviously a win win, but the business' on the flip side are going to get a personalized who rah rah lets be patriotic referal - and they will win as well.

      And FB... IF you understand the targeting ability, and the NEED to tailor content to each target OH MY GOODNESS.

      My business in 2018 made more money in content creation than all of the past 7 years combined. Gone are the days of a single piece of content to reach consumers ( IE TV commercial mentality ) and in its place is 20 to 40 pieces of creative that target specific demographics / psychographics. Obviously this creates a scenario where revenue is way up, but the best part is COVERSIONS are through the roof.
      Signature
      Success is an ACT not an idea
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11468211].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author max5ty
        I like GaryVee, but to be honest there are others that have been a lot more successful that I listen to.

        Not trying to take anything away from him...I think it's the volume of content he puts out that gets his fan base.

        To me, his advice is more generic and more on the motivational level. Each their own I guess.

        I don't think anyone can argue though that he hasn't been successful.

        Think about this...

        I know the 9x12 thing has been a craze for a while now. A lot of people have tried it, a few with success and others with little success...as with most things.

        I think the biggest hurdle for most was coming from a background with no business experience and trying to convince business owners they knew what they were talking about when they enticed the business owner with more customers...when they've never gotten a real customer in their life other than trying to tell others how they could get customers.

        It happens daily and I'm sure will continue. Some are better at BS than others, so they eek out a modest income. The odds are that most will fail.

        Personally, I think someone trying to break into the market in their local community takes a two-pronged approach.

        The first approach I believe is not acting like you're the know it all on everything.

        The second approach I believe is offering to give back to the community. A feel-good approach offered to local businesses where they sign up because it not only helps bring in some customers but also causes customers to view them as giving back to the community...

        plus, it lets the salesperson be viewed as someone coming up with an idea to support their local community. A goodwill effort if you choose to think in those terms...a great way to get your foot in the door in your local community.

        Anyways...

        I think door hangers (5.5 x 17) do a better job.

        You can have 5000 printed for under $500...plus put a ton of ads on them.

        The second part is you pay local homeless or needy, or poor, or boy scouts, etc. to hang them.

        It can be turned into a..."lets feel good by giving back thing".

        Nobody overlooks a door hanger on their front door.

        Now, before you think I've gone off my rocker, let me tell you about a company doing this. They're not only successful but are selling franchises.

        https://www.localdoorcoupons.com/

        You don't need a franchise to start one of these in your community...just a little hustle.

        Something to consider.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11468788].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Ron Lafuddy
          Originally Posted by max5ty View Post

          I think door hangers (5.5 x 17) do a better job.

          You can have 5000 printed for under $500...plus put a ton of ads on them.

          The second part is you pay local homeless or needy, or poor, or boy scouts, etc. to hang them.

          It can be turned into a..."lets feel good by giving back thing".

          Nobody overlooks a door hanger on their front door.

          Now, before you think I've gone off my rocker, let me tell you about a company doing this. They're not only successful but are selling franchises.

          https://www.localdoorcoupons.com/

          You don't need a franchise to start one of these in your community...just a little hustle.

          Something to consider.

          I like ads on business cards. Cost me less than $100 for 5000, including design work. Because of their unique (no cost) delivery system, you can hyper-target your market, in ways other printed media cannot.


          "Yes", to HUSTLE. The amount of hustle you apply...and keep applying, while pushing through the obstacles and barriers to success, makes all the difference.


          Ron
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11469778].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fredm
    I'm going to try this with the local businesses in my community. I'm hoping I can be of service to them.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11472431].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics