How To Get Your Clients $.01 YouTube Clicks!

by Zach
27 replies
Ever since YT started offering their "Promoted Videos" service I've been testing different ways to use it for my offline clients. What I've learned is that YT promoted videos can be an excellent way to drive traffic to your clients websites. The problem was that the cost could add up just like Google AdWords. Clicks don't cost as much as AdWords but they can still add up!

I recently discovered a little trick that I could probably sell as a WSO but I've learned so much from the WF it's payback time! I haven't seen this technique mention here on the forum but that's no guarantee it hasn't been explained earlier.

Consider this...Did you know that you can get $.01 clicks when using YT promo program? I just discovered this last week and it works like a charm. Not only can you get $.01 clicks but you also get a CLICKABLE link to ANY URL directly on your YT video! Here's how it works.

Just set up a promo program on your clients video and set the daily budget to $.01 and the max cost per click to $.01. Here's the key...after their daily budget is exhausted after one click your ad REMAINS on your video but does not appear with other YT promoted videos. So you get $.01 clicks when someone clicks on the link in your ad on your YT video. And remember, this link can go anywhere, including affiliate links!

After you set up your clients promo, go to their Settings page and add a Call To Action Overlay. This overlay is the the key. It will appear directly on their video and it can have a CLICKABLE link to any URL, not just another YT video! THIS IS HUGE! Remember, your client will only pay $.01/click no matter how many clicks they get. I've set this up for some of my clients and directed the clicks to squeeze page. We're seeing more and more opt-ins every day! Just be sure to set up the Call To Action overlay or other YT ads will appear on your clients videos.

Hope this makes sense. If not feel free to ask questions and I'll do my best to help.
#$01 #clicks #clients #youtube #youtube promtion videos
  • Profile picture of the author Chad Heffelfinger
    Wow, thanks Zach. So, basicaly you have a clickable link on top of the videos whenever they are shown after you setup the promo and you only pay a penny for each click anytime after? I haven't used Youtube like I should, but that sounds pretty cool.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2748692].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Zach
      Hey Chad - ya, that's correct.

      After you set up the promo your clients ad will appear on the right side of the page with the other "Promoted Videos". At the same time the Call To Action overlay will appear about 8-10 seconds after your clients video starts. After he gets one click on his Promoted Ad it won't appear any longer with the other ads because you set the daily budget to $.01. Of course, your client could continue to display his ads simply by increasing his daily budget and/or his cost per click maximum for even more exposure. But the cool thing is that the Call To Action STAYS on his video even AFTER his daily budget has been exhausted!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2748718].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author theprofitguru
    Zach, thanks for this tip. I will giving it a try on one of my videos and a couple for my clients as well later today.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2749994].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dfinancialmkt
    Great tip Zach! I'll have to add it to my arsenal of traffic strategies.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2756942].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author premiumsource1
    I must be missing something, but why not just make an annotation where the usual ad goes and then you pay $0 a click.


    Originally Posted by Zach View Post

    Ever since YT started offering their "Promoted Videos" service I've been testing different ways to use it for my offline clients. What I've learned is that YT promoted videos can be an excellent way to drive traffic to your clients websites. The problem was that the cost could add up just like Google AdWords. Clicks don't cost as much as AdWords but they can still add up!

    I recently discovered a little trick that I could probably sell as a WSO but I've learned so much from the WF it's payback time! I haven't seen this technique mention here on the forum but that's no guarantee it hasn't been explained earlier.

    Consider this...Did you know that you can get $.01 clicks when using YT promo program? I just discovered this last week and it works like a charm. Not only can you get $.01 clicks but you also get a CLICKABLE link to ANY URL directly on your YT video! Here's how it works.

    Just set up a promo program on your clients video and set the daily budget to $.01 and the max cost per click to $.01. Here's the key...after their daily budget is exhausted after one click your ad REMAINS on your video but does not appear with other YT promoted videos. So you get $.01 clicks when someone clicks on the link in your ad on your YT video. And remember, this link can go anywhere, including affiliate links!

    After you set up your clients promo, go to their Settings page and add a Call To Action Overlay. This overlay is the the key. It will appear directly on their video and it can have a CLICKABLE link to any URL, not just another YT video! THIS IS HUGE! Remember, your client will only pay $.01/click no matter how many clicks they get. I've set this up for some of my clients and directed the clicks to squeeze page. We're seeing more and more opt-ins every day! Just be sure to set up the Call To Action overlay or other YT ads will appear on your clients videos.

    Hope this makes sense. If not feel free to ask questions and I'll do my best to help.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2757119].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JulioGarabot
      Originally Posted by premiumsource1 View Post

      I must be missing something, but why not just make an annotation where the usual ad goes and then you pay $0 a click.
      That's exactly what I was thinking
      Signature
      123 Happy
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2772507].message }}
  • Awesome Zach!

    Thanx
    Signature
    www.freeadverts.co.nz Listed # 1 on Google, Yahoo & Bing. For sale.

    250 Free Business Cards. Pay postage only. 42 designs to choose from.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2763020].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Simon74
    hello zac,

    thank you for your tip! Do you have any video I can see to get better idea?

    Simon
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2771829].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author redfoxseo
    I use the annotion idea but might look into this
    Signature

    A great place to get Coupon Inserts

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2772483].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Swon
    Great tip Zach,
    This opened a brand new youtube world for me ;-)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2772612].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Zach
      Annotations??? What's the primary limitation to annotations? The links you can create in annotations can ONLY link with YT videos, channels, etc.!!!!! Remember, with my technique you're creating a Call To Action directly on your OWN video with a link to ANY website!!!! You're not limited to YT links.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2775430].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Zach
        Ryan - there is no charge for clicks on a "Featured Video". Featured videos are randomly selected by YT based of the searched keywords. If you meant to say "Promoted Videos" then your are paying for clicks for your Promoted Video ad and your Call To Action on your video. However, if you set your daily budget to $.01 then your Promoted Video will no longer appear after someone clicks on it the first time BUT, and this is the COOL part, your Call To Action CONTINUES to appear on your video and clicks are only $.01 each assuming you set your maximum click cost at $.01!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2778773].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ray Valentine
    This is a great method to promote local business with video marketing. I'm going utilize in my client's campaigns. Thanks!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2779404].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author e30drifter
    I am testing it right now, but call to action didn't show up yet, does it take a little wild before it showsa? Also, I have 3 other ads on my video. They are not mine.Will my overlay cancel others out?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3908073].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author thomasmps
    how many clicks were you getting zack and did they opt-in to become subscribers?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3908817].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author danielkanuck
    Great ideas Zach. Just another way to get some productive advertising from a high traffic site. Thanks!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3909186].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author AgentHomes
      Great Tip. I'm going to put it to use.

      The only draw back to this I see is that somebody has to find your video in the first place. If the video isn't getting hits your link will not be useful. But I guess that is another issue to solve.
      Signature
      HyPRcast Get Paid to Play with Social Media!
      Looking to buy or sell your home you need London Ontario MLS real estate agents or check out my London Ontario Homes for Sale Blog
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3909260].message }}
      • Originally Posted by AgentHomes View Post

        Great Tip. I'm going to put it to use.

        The only draw back to this I see is that somebody has to find your video in the first place. If the video isn't getting hits your link will not be useful. But I guess that is another issue to solve.
        Video is one of the easiest ways to get onto Page 1 of Google. There are a ton of WSOs that show how to promote and optimise videos. Simon Greenhalgh's Video Hiest and Holly Cutter's Video Ranking system are particularly good so there is no reason for not getting your video seen.

        Great tip Zach... thanks for the share.

        Neil
        Signature

        Tap into the Video Gold Mine with my Free 4 Part Offline Cash Secrets video course.

        If you want to FINALLY start making money online then check out Instant Internet Lifestyle blog.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3911866].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author e30drifter
          Originally Posted by thesorcerersapprentice View Post

          Video is one of the easiest ways to get onto Page 1 of Google. There are a ton of WSOs that show how to promote and optimise videos. Simon Greenhalgh's Video Hiest and Holly Cutter's Video Ranking system are particularly good so there is no reason for not getting your video seen.

          Great tip Zach... thanks for the share.

          Neil
          And where to get these courses?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3913541].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3911610].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KateHunter
    thanks for sharing, I will add it to the new things to do list.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3911776].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kamalmix
    i didnt understand can you anyone explain it to me in a few words?
    and i cant watch step by step video...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3914241].message }}

Trending Topics