If you're struggling, read this!

50 replies
Hi guys, I just wanted to quickly post this before I go out this evening because I have had a fantastic week in the offline world. Well, some of you may not think it's that great but I'm quite pleased with myself. I guess this post will be more beneficial to those that are thinking about approaching offline businesses and haven't quite taken the steps in contacting them.

For what I'm about to share with you, not a great deal of technical skill is required, you don't even need to know SEO because its quite easy to rank high in the search engines for this market.

Okay, so here it is.

This is my business model and I've been tweaking it over the last few weeks but this week I really hit the jackpot.

I was inspired by John Durham's selling html websites post that I read a few weeks back.

So, I thought I would go down this road, but I'm not very big on coldcalling like John so I decided to use direct mail to target my prospects.

I decided that I would approach tradesmen, I then decided to focus just on electricians. I wrote a letter and sent it to 15 electricians in one particular town near to where I live.

Prior to this I had looked up a domain which included town name and the world electrician and noticed that it was available. So I put this domain in the letter with a massive call to action and priced the whole thing for £750, I also said that this was the only site that I was selling and if they didn't buy it then their competitors in that town would (to add scarcity, it was never the plan to just sell one!)

I sent the letters out second class and I spent the rest of the evening creating a simple html site, it took me about 3 hours in total and then I was done. You're probably wondering why I sent the letters before I had even built the site, the reason behind this decision was because I get lazy and put things off so I thought this would motivate me to crack on!

It did!

Then I waited...

48 Hours later, I sold 3 websites!

One for £750 (the one-off one)
Two more at £650, 1 with GP listing (further £350)

I probably could have got more for the other two but I'm not too concerned about that, it only took me about an hour for each site to add the contact details, and pictures after I had sold them.

I think that's all I wanted to say... Just take action! Anybody can do this.

If you've never made a html site before, I would say find free templates online, download nvu editor, get yourself over to youtube and start looking at the html tutorials and make a site for your own offline business. This will give you the experience, confident and knowledge on how to create one for your client plus give you credibility with your client.

I hope you found this useful! I hope I've not missed anything out, if you have any questions let me know

Am
#marketing #offline #read #struggling
  • Profile picture of the author Tomario
    Wow, that is awesome... I would be really interested in what you included in the letter to them. That would be something I could do real easy... Did you use Homestead like John mentioned in his post??

    Tom
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3276309].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author focusxo4
      this is a good one.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3455050].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cbest
    If there are those who are struggling and not motivated... your post should get them moving one way or the other.. Rock on! :^) For those who really can't do html..they can still outsource to Fiverr or look on the warriors for hire forum.

    Christine
    Signature

    Offline/Online Coupon App free coupon for your clients coming soon.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3276310].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author safe as houses
      could you create a site using wordpress, Mick.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3276554].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author desgreen
    Hi am thats just amazing mate. I've just done a website for the local Takeaway down the road but i just cant seem to get word press to rank higher then page 6 mate i now i can get it to page 1 and at number one but i've never worked with word press before can you give me any tips on ranking a word press website as a lot of the themes are bril
    cheers Des
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3277001].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mancmusicman
      Originally Posted by desgreen View Post

      Hi am thats just amazing mate. I've just done a website for the local Takeaway down the road but i just cant seem to get word press to rank higher then page 6 mate i now i can get it to page 1 and at number one but i've never worked with word press before can you give me any tips on ranking a word press website as a lot of the themes are bril
      cheers Des
      wordpress has a lot of seo plugins..all in one seo for example..use them to do the on page seo
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3277010].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mancmusicman
    @Purple plant - this is brilliant..

    mind sharing how you worded the letter for them to react?

    regards
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3277017].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author wbinst2
      Hi purple,

      excellent post mate. couple of questions.

      How many page website were you selling for the 750 quid?

      Does it include and SEO?

      Did you get them to contact you by phone from the letter.

      Did you send a certain amount of letters to different postcodes? Seeing you sued the scarcity tactic of one site per postcode in that trade.

      Do you know how many replies you received compared to how many letters you sent out?

      Did you personalise the letter or use a generic "hi there" type thing?

      Great stuff, i'd love to see the letter.

      Cheers
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3277218].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RaptorGabe
    It REALLY is that simple everyone . Great stuff, keep us updated on the success stories . And for everyone else.....GOOOOO DOOOOOOO ITTTTTTTTT ;D
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3277295].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Joe Benjamin
    You said this:

    "(to add scarcity, it was never the plan to just sell one!)"

    You did EXTREMELY well taking action. That's what LIFE and success
    is all about. ACTION. But, that little bit right there...you should either
    take out completely and include another scarcity factor (for example,
    time limit or or limited quantities of websites).

    If you're telling these people they are getting exclusive rights and you
    turn around and re-sell to their competition, do not think for a minute
    they won't find out, keep the letter, and take legal action against you.

    Because, $750 pounds is nothing to sneeze at for any business, and if
    they find out their unique website is shared amongst others...it's mis-
    leading and can lead to a lawsuit or two and government action.

    Other than that, you really did a great job and everyone should take a
    page out of your book...but there are other ways to use scarcity without
    lying about it.
    Signature
    **How I FLIPPED $80 into $690 Pure Profit With ONE EASY Method...2 to 3x Per Week...Only 30 Minutes Per Day (and how YOU can COPY my RESULTS, too!) **CLICK HERE FOR VERIFIED VIDEO PROOF**
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3278676].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mancmusicman
    @ whoisbenjamin it doesnt need to be the same website design though does it? every business gets an 'exclusive' website...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3279002].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Adrian John
      That's exactly what i thought too.

      Originally Posted by mancmusicman View Post

      @ whoisbenjamin it doesnt need to be the same website design though does it? every business gets an 'exclusive' website...
      I will try this method Today or maybe Tomorrow cause i'm working on a different approach right now, shared by Mario Brown but unfortunately i didn't had any success, maybe because i'm not in US, i'm from Europe and businesses don't want to work with people abroad, i don't know ... i'll keep trying for sevaral days to see where it goes than i'll try to use this method.

      Thanks for your share and good luck
      Signature
      ARE YOU A CONSULTANT? Do you have clients who could use MORE LEADS?
      Get them a MOBILE WEBSITE PLATFORM built to stay up with their clients habits.
      More than 50% of their customers buys from their mobile devices now!

      CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3279370].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author AmandeepS
        Thanks for all replies in this thread and to everybody that's sent a PM. I wasn't expecting so many questions!

        Originally Posted by Tomario View Post

        Wow, that is awesome... I would be really interested in what you included in the letter to them. That would be something I could do real easy... Did you use Homestead like John mentioned in his post??

        I didn't use Homestead, I didn't like the templates, I used a free template from a site I found from a google search (don't have the link at the mo, I'm on a different computer, I will post the link later on)

        Tom
        Originally Posted by safe as houses View Post

        could you create a site using wordpress, Mick.
        Yeah, the whole process is the same, I didn't use wordpress because I couldn't find a decent theme plus I wanted to increase my html knowledge. I'm going to be buying the headway theme and using that in the future, it is expensive but I'm going to test it anyway, I think it will be better for SE rankings.

        Originally Posted by desgreen View Post

        Hi am thats just amazing mate. I've just done a website for the local Takeaway down the road but i just cant seem to get word press to rank higher then page 6 mate i now i can get it to page 1 and at number one but i've never worked with word press before can you give me any tips on ranking a word press website as a lot of the themes are bril
        cheers Des
        With local, as long as you get your domain correct, it should be fairly easy to rank it, a site I created the other week is already on page 2 and I expect within a few weeks it'll be on the first page because there's no competition. Get this right, and include the keywords then you're on to a winner! There's a lot of value for the contractor because he can receive more calls by being on the first page of google compared with all of his newspaper ads.

        Originally Posted by mancmusicman View Post

        @Purple plant - this is brilliant..

        Thank you!

        mind sharing how you worded the letter for them to react?

        I've had a lot of requests for this, I'm not sure if I want to completely give it away. If I get more requests, I may consider doing a WSO but I'm quite lazy..

        I'll let you know what it consists of:
        I get their attention with the headline, I tell them that they're losing money to their competitors, I reinforce how difficult times are right now and make a vague statement about how they could do with more business (which business couldn't?!), I then talk about how many people are looking for that business/industry in that area on JUST GOOGLE each month. I then make them a no BS offer. I tell them that I only have one site and the letter is going out to their competitors and put a massive call to action in.

        regards
        Originally Posted by wbinst2 View Post

        Hi purple,

        excellent post mate. couple of questions.

        How many page website were you selling for the 750 quid?

        Does it include and SEO?

        Did you get them to contact you by phone from the letter.

        Did you send a certain amount of letters to different postcodes? Seeing you sued the scarcity tactic of one site per postcode in that trade.

        Do you know how many replies you received compared to how many letters you sent out?

        Did you personalise the letter or use a generic "hi there" type thing?

        Great stuff, i'd love to see the letter.

        The site had four pages - home, services, about and contact.
        I did a small about SEO, I'm no SEO God but all the simple stuff yeah. I'm looking to upsell Google Places to clients and Facebook Fan pages. I will be doing SEO for clients, but not local contractors.

        I gave them options, I said they could contact me by phone or email.

        I sent letters to contractors that didn't have a site in a specific town only.

        I have received a 20-30% response rate so far and the letter we're addressed to business owner, I'm going to be testing using their names.

        Cheers
        Originally Posted by WhoIsBenjamin View Post

        You said this:

        "(to add scarcity, it was never the plan to just sell one!)"

        You did EXTREMELY well taking action. That's what LIFE and success
        is all about. ACTION. But, that little bit right there...you should either
        take out completely and include another scarcity factor (for example,
        time limit or or limited quantities of websites).

        If you're telling these people they are getting exclusive rights and you
        turn around and re-sell to their competition, do not think for a minute
        they won't find out, keep the letter, and take legal action against you.

        Because, $750 pounds is nothing to sneeze at for any business, and if
        they find out their unique website is shared amongst others...it's mis-
        leading and can lead to a lawsuit or two and government action.

        Other than that, you really did a great job and everyone should take a
        page out of your book...but there are other ways to use scarcity without
        lying about it.
        Sorry, I should of made this bit a bit clearer, I'm not saying they have exclusive rights at all lol. This is what's so cool about this, I'm saying that that there's a ready built website for SOMEBODY with that DOMAIN that I've included in the letter.

        I do however, intend to restrict the sites because it would be stupid giving 15 electricians all the same site. I'll be revisiting the niche every month or two and changing content and theme completely.

        Originally Posted by banditu View Post

        That's exactly what i thought too.

        I will try this method Today or maybe Tomorrow cause i'm working on a different approach right now, shared by Mario Brown but unfortunately i didn't had any success, maybe because i'm not in US, i'm from Europe and businesses don't want to work with people abroad, i don't know ... i'll keep trying for sevaral days to see where it goes than i'll try to use this method.

        Thanks for your share and good luck
        Yeah, try and focus on one approach a time! Mario Brown shares some good stuff on this forum so stick with it. This works anywhere, I guess sometimes you just have to change the words to suit how people in certain countries speak.

        I think that's it..

        Now go and make some sites and get writing!

        Am
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3279841].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jackcanbera
    Nice doing
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3279194].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sparksman
    Hi PurplePlant!

    I read with great interest your post, because this is exactly what I am trying to do in my local (UK) town.

    However, I have a wordpress theme, all in one SEO, targeted geo-local keywords etc.. etc.. BUT, My site is NOT showing up anywhere on Google??

    I also have the T&C's, disclaimers, Faq's, articles...the lot! But after three/four weeks now, still nothing on Google? I have a keyword based URL (plumbermytown.info)

    I cannot send my email/letters out until this happens. What am I doing wrong? Any help gratefully received fellow Warriors...Please!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3279949].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TE2
      Originally Posted by Sparksman View Post

      Hi PurplePlant!

      I read with great interest your post, because this is exactly what I am trying to do in my local (UK) town.

      However, I have a wordpress theme, all in one SEO, targeted geo-local keywords etc.. etc.. BUT, My site is NOT showing up anywhere on Google??

      I also have the T&C's, disclaimers, Faq's, articles...the lot! But after three/four weeks now, still nothing on Google? I have a keyword based URL (plumbermytown.info)

      I cannot send my email/letters out until this happens. What am I doing wrong? Any help gratefully received fellow Warriors...Please!!
      Sounds like:
      1. You may have allot of competition for your keyword
      2. You may need to get your site indexed
      Building relevant and strong backlinks will help with both.

      Also, make sure you have set up google analytics AND google webmaster so you can track your site's performance properly. Submit a sitemap using gwebmaster AFTER and only after it is indexed by google.

      Make sure you throw and ad on craigslist with a link to your site and also toss up a youtube video with a link in the video description. Google loves both of them and they get crawled in minutes.

      To avoid further hijacking of this thread, please consider starting a new thread on this.

      Regards,

      John

      ps - If the problem is keyword competition, it may take a while and allot of effort to get there.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3281745].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Sparksman
        Originally Posted by TE2 View Post

        Sounds like:
        1. You may have allot of competition for your keyword
        2. You may need to get your site indexed
        Building relevant and strong backlinks will help with both.

        Also, make sure you have set up google analytics AND google webmaster so you can track your site's performance properly. Submit a sitemap using gwebmaster AFTER and only after it is indexed by google.

        Make sure you throw and ad on craigslist with a link to your site and also toss up a youtube video with a link in the video description. Google loves both of them and they get crawled in minutes.

        To avoid further hijacking of this thread, please consider starting a new thread on this.

        Regards,

        John

        ps - If the problem is keyword competition, it may take a while and allot of effort to get there.
        I'll keep this short, becuase as you say I dont want to hijack the thread, albeit totally relevent and on topic, so just to say thanks for the feedback John, It is a competitive keyword I think.. Plumbers... they're everywhere innit??
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3285467].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kharlhoffman
    Hi Purple,,

    Thanks for this great review I really enjoy your informative blog. Keep on sharing dude.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3280106].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mazo
      The way to go Am.
      It really is that simple. First you read then focus then walk and then run.
      Rinse and Repeat.
      Great Stuff
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3280258].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RichardHK
    Good work AM,

    Just a thought. I assume you included hosting in the deal, with a renewal in 12 months time, right? More pocketmoney.

    Keep up the good work.
    Signature

    Richard, Hong Kong
    Business Consulting

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3280515].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author AmandeepS
      Originally Posted by Sparksman View Post

      Hi PurplePlant!

      I read with great interest your post, because this is exactly what I am trying to do in my local (UK) town.

      However, I have a wordpress theme, all in one SEO, targeted geo-local keywords etc.. etc.. BUT, My site is NOT showing up anywhere on Google??

      I also have the T&C's, disclaimers, Faq's, articles...the lot! But after three/four weeks now, still nothing on Google? I have a keyword based URL (plumbermytown.info)

      I cannot send my email/letters out until this happens. What am I doing wrong? Any help gratefully received fellow Warriors...Please!!
      Have you submitted the site to google and other search engines? Maybe it could be because its a .info domain, try and get a co.uk in the future. Personally, I wouldn't wait for it to get to the first page, just sell it but maybe with a gaurantee - if I can't get it on to the first page then I will work on it until I do - FOR FREE! If you follow all the SEO info on this forum, you will have no probs.

      Originally Posted by RichardHK View Post

      Good work AM,

      Just a thought. I assume you included hosting in the deal, with a renewal in 12 months time, right? More pocketmoney.

      Keep up the good work.
      Oh yes Richard,! I forgot to mention this, I'm charging £150 PA for hosting and domain renewal fees.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3281516].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Sparksman
        Originally Posted by PurplePlant View Post

        Have you submitted the site to google and other search engines? Maybe it could be because its a .info domain, try and get a co.uk in the future. Personally, I wouldn't wait for it to get to the first page, just sell it but maybe with a gaurantee - if I can't get it on to the first page then I will work on it until I do - FOR FREE! If you follow all the SEO info on this forum, you will have no probs.
        Yeah, unfortunately the .co.uk (and.com) had gone. Yes I've submitted to all major SE's (The actual address is showing up on Google, but for keywords, I went as far as page 12-14 and still don't see it!) But, will keep SEO'ing it! Thanks.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3281541].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author FMLLC
    Very Nice. Keep up the good work.
    Signature
    My Favorite 2 Today: Zenagen & Zenagen Hair
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3281534].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bussinessrulez
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3281537].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Joe Benjamin
    Oh, I see PurplePlant --- Well, in that case you're doing one helluva
    job -- please, keep up the good work. You're doing all the right things
    and making all the right moves.

    Just keep up the momentum and don't stop for anyone. Keep helping
    people in mind and the profits will continue to come, that's how you
    win in this game.

    You have a very good, proven system you laid out for anyone to use
    themselves -- but will they? not likely. Heck, I would if I weren't doing
    anything that requires my focus today...but hey, you found your thing
    and you should make as much money as you can with it to reach your
    financial goals.

    Take care, my friend,
    Signature
    **How I FLIPPED $80 into $690 Pure Profit With ONE EASY Method...2 to 3x Per Week...Only 30 Minutes Per Day (and how YOU can COPY my RESULTS, too!) **CLICK HERE FOR VERIFIED VIDEO PROOF**
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3284621].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rohnsmith
    This is really awesome. Some time we can't think that this will help. But actually it works for us. Your idea and effort is really appreciable.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3285628].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Perdant44
    I a curious. Can anyone tell me how you sell a domain? I have one that I am not using and don't know the process to sell?
    BTW, great job Purple plant!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3285912].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author T.R. McCarroll
      Originally Posted by Perdant44 View Post

      I a curious. Can anyone tell me how you sell a domain? I have one that I am not using and don't know the process to sell?
      BTW, great job Purple plant!
      How about building a simple website with the domain name and sell it to the locals. Think a domain name is more valuable with a website behind it. Find your customers right here or whomever you think would benefit from the name and offer to sell the complete package.

      All the best

      T.R.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3457356].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mancmusicman
    Just to say that i have done what is mentioned in this method..ive sent to 10 leads.

    one more thing i should add is rather than wait..why not do another few leads than wait ..if someone calls bingo..if not keep pressing on
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3288226].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author netomax
    Hi Am,

    Maybe I missed something, but, you said you have one domain and you sold three sites. What domain was linked to the other sites ? Did you buy other domains ?

    Thanks

    Hubert
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3396915].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sherlyjames
    Very effective strategy for business, because every business need motivation and motivation can be get from the environment around us and sometimes motivation can be self built, and i like your strategy of creating motivation.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3397118].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Drewry_Media
    Do you know anyone online that perhaps has free downloads of YouTube marketing softwares or friend adders for YouTube video channels? I could use one =)
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3397797].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author langdon0555
    Purple,
    Great post and good job! Would you be willing to share your approach letter that you sent out?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3398675].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tiduslite8
    I really hope that you'll share your sales letter. I've gone ahead and bookmarked this thread.

    I've thought about adding simple html websites to my offerings, and with your idea it seems very doable.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3401016].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kianhowe
    I love your post. Perhaps the most important part of you post is 'taking action'. Anyone can have ideas and dreams. But if no action is taken, your dream will have 0 chance of coming through.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3402920].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tiduslite8
    @Purpleplant...I'm hoping you will post a copy of your letter soon.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3422696].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author alanborcic
      Originally Posted by Tiduslite8 View Post

      @Purpleplant...I'm hoping you will post a copy of your letter soon.
      The worst thing you can do to yourself is using his letter. Why? Because you can bet as soon as he post it here, if he ever does, it will be thousand people copying it all over, and you will lose opportunity to distinguish yourself from the crowd.
      I would write my own letter, tweak it and test it until I find winner. That is how you learn copywriting, marketing, etc. Copy and paste never work in long run
      Signature

      Get Life You Deserve
      Alan Borcic
      www.alanborcic.tv

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3424443].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Tiduslite8
        Originally Posted by alanborcic View Post

        The worst thing you can do to yourself is using his letter. Why? Because you can bet as soon as he post it here, if he ever does, it will be thousand people copying it all over, and you will lose opportunity to distinguish yourself from the crowd.
        I would write my own letter, tweak it and test it until I find winner. That is how you learn copywriting, marketing, etc. Copy and paste never work in long run
        I do agree that simply copying the letter would not be a good idea. However, given that the model for this requires creating a website targetting city + profession, then the possibilities for testing are quite limited.

        It would be helpful to see the letter used in order to get a feel for how it was structured. How much emphasis was placed on what parts, etc.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3424845].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author AubreyWebWhiz
          This very informative... Thanks for sharing!
          Signature

          How To Make A Full-time Living Working From Home With Zero Risk! Click HERE To Find Out How.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3432157].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author langdon0555
    im sure your right that alot would just copy and send it out. i know i only wanted to see it to use it as a swipe file and as a model.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3424574].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Hugh
    If Am is smart enough to gain this initial success, I
    would assume he is smart enough to NOT post the letter.
    Not you, of course. But those 100s of lazy bums that would
    kill his goose without a second thought. You know, the one
    that laid those golden eggs.

    Well done, Am. And thank you.

    Hugh
    Signature

    "Never make someone a priority in your life who makes you an option in theirs." Anon.
    "Some see private enterprise as a predatory target to be shot, others as a cow to be milked, but few are those who see it as a sturdy horse pulling the wagon." -- Winston Churchill

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3441697].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author wbinst2
      How would placing the letter up here kill the golden goose?

      Plenty of people on here place their sales stuff up as an WSO. No difference to giving it away.

      Maybe he should do it as a WSO.

      Originally Posted by Hugh View Post

      If Am is smart enough to gain this initial success, I
      would assume he is smart enough to NOT post the letter.
      Not you, of course. But those 100s of lazy bums that would
      kill his goose without a second thought. You know, the one
      that laid those golden eggs.

      Well done, Am. And thank you.

      Hugh
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3441718].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mark Binnie
    Hello PurplePlant,

    Yeah I'm starting to do the same with John Durham's WSO. One question I have is with the other two sites you sold what domains did you use for those. Were they keyword related to the electrical trade and town name? I've also bought myself an Electrical based domain and was thinking of leasing it out for monthly payment than one big pay day?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3441769].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jimian
    Excellent! I can attest that this works cause I've done it as well -- but using personalized postcards instead. Good job!

    ( I especially like the part where you FORCE yourself into action with making the website. Just goes to show you that you don't have to have all the pieces in place... just take ACTION!)

    Jim
    Signature

    OFFLINE Marketing Strategies For The OFFLINE Warrior
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3441801].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author AmandeepS
      Hi Guys, thanks for your comments. I've been away from this forum for a while, I didn't realise this thread was still active. I've been busy taking action and closing deals (I've come a long way from the days when I used to by WSOs and spend hours reading threads and never do anything with the knowledge)

      Mark & netomax, I bought two different names which still contained the same keywords.

      Leasing a site is a cool idea and probably something that I'm going to try out in the future.

      In this example I created HTML sites but now I've started to use Wordpress instead because I can get the sites to rank on the first page within about 2-3 weeks.

      I've had loads of people asking me for my letter lol and I've actually given it away to some people but only one or two have them come back to me and given me feedback. I think someone people just download stuff and never do anything with it!

      I may consider doing this method as a WSO because I've never done one before and think it would be a cool idea but I'll need some more people to request it and of course then find time to actually do it!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3446985].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author immeanyway
    Great post! This is very inspirational and I think it would make a good WSO.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3448995].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author magman01
    Originally Posted by PurplePlant View Post

    I think that's all I wanted to say... Just take action! Anybody can do this.
    We live in a society where only a tiny fraction of people are not paralyzed by fear to think beyond the box and get out and hustle with a new idea. My best to you. good job.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3454929].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WilburWoods
    Great advice my friend!

    Looking forward to reading more of your posts, Thanks!! :-)

    Best Regards,

    If you want +2.000 Fans Free on you Facebook Page, contact me now at
    themarketingalien@gmail.com


    Facebook.WilburWoods.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3455016].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Durham
    @ Purple plant... looks like you accidentally started a little fire here. lol Good news on your success. Keep rockin!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3455246].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ITM
    Wow , thanks for a nice share . Inspiring it is
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3456489].message }}

Trending Topics