For many years I've mainly worked the wedding and event niche but now want to expand into offline "business" niche....30 - 60 second web commercials, SEO, online marketing, etc.
My problem is that I don't have the skills to do any SEO work nor do I fully understand things like Facebook fan pages and why they even exist. Although I do have my own facebook page but I rarely log into it.
I do know all about Youtube, though, and can easily upload videos to it.
Soooo here's my list of skills.
1. Can produce high quality videos
2. Can create Wordpress type blogs or websites
3. Can upload to Youtube or create other videos for the web or client websites.
Here's what I'm having troubles with.
1. Understanding al the aspecs of Facebook and Fan Pages such as how to create them and more importantly why you'd create them. What do you do once they're created?
2. Understanding the best SEO practices and getting a client's website on the first page of Google.
3. Understanding Google Local (or whatever it's called) that helps local businesses.
4. Where to put the videos to get more business for my clients.
So basically I have to tools and skills to create the content (videos) but I'm not sure what to do with them once they're finished. Is there any resources out there to help me on that second part or is there anyone here willing to guide me in the right direction.
I don't have any problems outsourcing the online marketing work (general SEO, Facebook, etc.). But I do need to understand these things enough to be able to sell it to my clients.