The following are some of the most common business growth marketing mistakes business owners make.
I have come across the following plus more:
- Marketing To Everyone
- Foolish ads with no call to action and poor headlines.
- No usp or positioning strategy in place
- Not capturing customer details
- Not staying in touch with customers once a month
- Not reactivating past clients
- No back-end products in place
- No joint venture deals in place
- Not using risk reversals to increase conversions
- Ignorance of taking advantage of latest technology (Only Using A Small Number Of Marketing Tools)
- Not Having A Sales And Marketing System
- Failing To Use Testimonials
- Not Having A Referral Process Or System
- Sending Brochures Without A Sales Letter
- Failing To Calculate The Cost Of Losing A Customer or keeping one (LTV)
- Failing to ask customers for feedback regularly
- Poor telephone manners
- Failing to upsell, downsell or cross sell
- Not optimising their database effectively (collecting birthdays, anniversary details, segmenting customers based on who spend more than the other, etc
You can repeat what I have suggested if you want!
Oh by the way, I made good money today when i spoke to a business owner and realised they don't capture customer details. I have fixed their problem. I'm in the process of helping them create their monthly newsletters. Next week, I will scouting for possible joint venture partners for them. We might probably create gift vouchers to include in the newsletters.
It is simple guys. Go out there and make money.Stop convincing yourself that it's not easy. It is.