Why would people opt-in on 'local leads' website?

12 replies
Hi everyone!

Just looking for some offline advice here...

I have a few websites that are ranking quite nice for local terms (think niches like local lawyers and chiropractors).

Thought of putting an opt-in form on the websites to start collecting leads, but what's the 'reward' for people to opt-in on these sites? I don't know if I can offer them some value in return, not like an e-book or something which I usually do with affiliate online marketing.

Maybe a free consultation from the company for every new client but I have to know things like that in advance. Obviously I want my visitors to take action.

Any ideas? All help is welcome!

Appreciate it.
#leads #local #optin #people #website
  • Profile picture of the author patadeperro
    I dont understand why the ebook sounds like such a bad idea for you, why dont you offer and ebook like "The 7 worst mistakes everybody is doing when hiring a lawyer" you explain them and then forward the lead to the lawyers, that is one of my strategies and I dont see anything wrong with it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3922408].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Menno Marketing
      Yeah that could work... maybe combining some useful articles or content that could trigger them to opt-in.

      Especially naming it something like '7 most mistakes...' could do the trick!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3922422].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Menno Marketing
      Originally Posted by patadeperro View Post

      I dont understand why the ebook sounds like such a bad idea for you, why dont you offer and ebook like "The 7 worst mistakes everybody is doing when hiring a lawyer" you explain them and then forward the lead to the lawyers, that is one of my strategies and I dont see anything wrong with it.
      But I was thinking, when I'll offer them an ebook. Isn't it weird to ask for their phone number in that case? Do you do that, or just name and email?
      Phone number is probably good to collect when passing them on to companies.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3924361].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jeffrey73
        That's why you put a phone number to call somewhere on the page. Some people won't want to opt-in for a free e-book, and need your services right now! In that case you probably won't need to get a phone number because they will be calling you. I like the other guy's idea about giving money off. People will eat that (and coupons) up for days!

        Anyway, if they don't want to give you a phone number, and they don't call you, it's probably an indication that they are not really interested just yet or at all. At least give them the opportunity to learn more about your business for FREE.

        Originally Posted by Menno Marketing View Post

        But I was thinking, when I'll offer them an ebook. Isn't it weird to ask for their phone number in that case? Do you do that, or just name and email?
        Phone number is probably good to collect when passing them on to companies.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3928111].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jackpeter12
    I have a few websites that are ranking quite nice for local terms maybe combining some useful articles or content that could trigger them to opt-in.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3924469].message }}
  • I have done this with a few of my clients and it has worked really well by giving people what they really want... money off!

    I have used the 'Opt in and join our VIP Vlub for free and you will immediately get a voucher for 20% off your next visit/meal etc' and have found that it gets a good response. That is of course as long as it is an exclusive offer that you are not promoting everywhere else.

    Hope this helps.

    Neil
    Signature

    Tap into the Video Gold Mine with my Free 4 Part Offline Cash Secrets video course.

    If you want to FINALLY start making money online then check out Instant Internet Lifestyle blog.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3924608].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author High Horsepower
      I can think of several reasons why you want a lead capture.

      1. You are building a list

      2. Providing info to those that opt in, may turn a prospect into a customer
      3. Credibility/Authority, by having an email capture offering an ebook or free report it may make you look more credible than the next guy even if visitors don't opt in.
      Signature
      Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Sir Winston Churchill, Speech, 1941, Harrow School

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3928022].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Voasi
    Lead capture doesn't always make sense in every vertical. This is where understanding your demographic comes into play.

    If you're a home owner and your toilet is backed-up, you're not going to put your name and email into a plumbers website for the "7 secrets to understanding backed-up toilets". You're going to pick up the phone and get a plumber out to your home ASAP to fix the problem.

    I've used opt-ins for clients who have a long sales cycle and they need to "mature" the potential lead into their product. But this is more B2B marketing.

    For B2C, understand your demographic and their exact needs. Opt-in might be a good idea, but then again, they might just want to pick up the phone or have someone give them a call back to get the ball rolling on their issue/problem.
    Signature
    Want $6,000/mo. SEO Clients? Watch My Free Video!
    We do WSO Designs TOO!!! Best on WF! - Click Here
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3928179].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jeffrey73
      Haha! Great example. However, you could easily make a free video called "1 Simple Secret to Unclogging a Backed-Up Toilet", and make it instructional in nature. The majority of cheapos would do anything to try and fix it themselves.

      Then, when they screw it up, they will end up calling you anyway. That is after you've conveniently left your phone number on the end of the video and in your follow-up message.

      Originally Posted by Voasi View Post

      Lead capture doesn't always make sense in every vertical. This is where understanding your demographic comes into play.

      If you're a home owner and your toilet is backed-up, you're not going to put your name and email into a plumbers website for the "7 secrets to understanding backed-up toilets".
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3928320].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Menno Marketing
        Of course it's great if they don't want to opt-in but just pick up their phones and call the number to solve their problem. Because then they went from prospect to client in a heartbeat.

        But isn't it harder to track the number of generated leads in that case? How can you show the company the number of leads they are getting...
        any ideas?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3930163].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author krzysiek
    Menno, you can put a forwarding number on the home page of the sites you rank. Customer calls your number on website, this number forwards to local business, at the end of the month print off a statement from your virtual phone number provider to see amount of calls made/dates/etc.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3930637].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Menno Marketing
      Originally Posted by krzysiek View Post

      Menno, you can put a forwarding number on the home page of the sites you rank. Customer calls your number on website, this number forwards to local business, at the end of the month print off a statement from your virtual phone number provider to see amount of calls made/dates/etc.
      Thanks. You happen to know where I go for such a service? Preferably also available in Europe.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3930661].message }}

Trending Topics