Super Simple Strategy For Offline Marketers - Video How I Generated Over $75,000 & 246 New Patients

50 replies
Hey warriors,

I just put together a short video (about 5 minutes long) that may be of help to new offline warriors. It's basically a case study where I took a VERY SIMPLE adwords campaign (that anyone can do) & turned it into $75,000+ in revenue and 245 new clients for a Doctor.

I have other vid's in the War Room, but I figured that I would share this one with everyone since it's so simple. I hope that you can get some use out of the info & if anyone has any questions..please feel free to ask. I've learned quite a bit from Warrior Forum & hopefully I can help out some newbies.

A Google Adwords campaign is an easy up-sale that is 100% trackable & provides super fast results. Your client can start booking appointments on the day that it is set up!

Oh, here's the link to the vid --> Get It Here
(No Need To Opt-In - This is the full video)


Best of luck,

Rich
#case #google adwords #marketers #marketing for newbies #offline #offline marketing #simple #strategy #study #super #video
  • Profile picture of the author Danielm
    Great video, thanks! Having worked in that niche all through HS and college it's always interesting to see how much of a difference we can make as consultants to those businesses.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4047894].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Web Junkie
      Originally Posted by Danielm View Post

      Great video, thanks! Having worked in that niche all through HS and college it's always interesting to see how much of a difference we can make as consultants to those businesses.
      Ha..I did the same! That's why I started to focus on marketing for Veterinarians. Most of them only market with Yellow Pages, so when you can show them a system like this, they're amazed.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4050552].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author want2knowhow
        Originally Posted by Web Junkie View Post

        Ha..I did the same! That's why I started to focus on marketing for Veterinarians. Most of them only market with Yellow Pages, so when you can show them a system like this, they're amazed.
        Wait...so you mean there IS something I can do that will allow me to finally move *back* to the beautiful, balmy winters of South Florida and bask in it's beauty--affordably??? OMG--I'm all ears (and eyes)! LOL!
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4050648].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author want2knowhow
      Originally Posted by Danielm View Post

      Great video, thanks! Having worked in that niche all through HS and college it's always interesting to see how much of a difference we can make as consultants to those businesses.
      How did you first come across it and are you still doing it?
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4050711].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author want2knowhow
        For some strange reason, my email confirm never came, so I had to go straight to YouTube and see the video from there. Loved the infoTutorial. But darn. Now I won't be able to get the email updates from you.
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4050785].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author want2knowhow
          Question: Can this be done anywhere? I mean, can this be done, like, for say, businesses in Aruba? the Cayman Islands? Bermuda? Bahamas, Zurich, Switzerland? Like, anywhere?

          P.S--In the (Dr.'s Offc) video you say "We." Is that to say that this was a group effort (to make this success happen...) and not that of a one man band, so to speak?
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4050898].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Web Junkie
            Originally Posted by want2knowhow View Post

            Question: Can this be done anywhere? I mean, can this be done, like, for say, businesses in Aruba? the Cayman Islands? Bermuda? Bahamas, Zurich, Switzerland? Like, anywhere?
            Absolutely! I lived in Sicily and paid my way by doing internet marketing for a hotel while I was there. Part of the booking strategy included an adwords campaign like this one. My client made (and still makes) a ton of money from this strategy and he asks me to come back to Sicily often.. I continue to do his internet marketing from Miami - and I haven't had any issues.


            I am certain that it can be done anywhere. ESPECIALLY since Google allows you to choose exactly where you want the ads to appear.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4050927].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author want2knowhow
              Originally Posted by Web Junkie View Post

              Absolutely! I lived in Sicily and paid my way by doing internet marketing for a hotel while I was there. Part of the booking strategy included an adwords campaign like this one. My client made (and still makes) a ton of money from this strategy and he asks me to come back to Sicily often.. I continue to do his internet marketing from Miami - and I haven't had any issues.


              I am certain that it can be done anywhere. ESPECIALLY since Google allows you to choose exactly where you want the ads to appear.

              Wait! You speak--Sicilian AND South Floridan??? Wow man! You are AWESUMMMMM!!! I'll buy 3 of those for $200, Alex!

              :::Okay, it's late and my brain must still be tired:::: 2:13 a.m
              Signature

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4053664].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Web Junkie
            Originally Posted by want2knowhow View Post

            P.S--In the (Dr.'s Offc) video you say "We." Is that to say that this was a group effort (to make this success happen...) and not that of a one man band, so to speak?

            No, I'm a one man band. I say "WE" because I was referring to `me' and 'the doctor'.

            I consider any consulting deal to be a team effort between me and my client. The client must be on board if they want this type of campaign to work, as we're both working together towards a mutual goal.

            If the Doctor was not on-board with everything it would be:
            • Difficult to get the people in the door by calling / follow up.
            • The revenue would be less because it's his responsibility to upsell the clients & turn them into paid clients. He needs to REALLY show that his place is the best. There will be NO CLIENT RETENTION if you market for a garbage hospital that doesn't care about their clients. A good portion of the revenue was from the clients returning for follow ups & buying more products.
            • I can track leads / impressions / clicks -- HOWEVER, tracking the sales are on him.

            So, yes, it's totally a group effort. But, it's between you and your client. There is no need for a big team for this kind of campaign.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4050956].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author want2knowhow
              Originally Posted by Web Junkie View Post

              No, I'm a one man band. I say "WE" because I was referring to `me' and 'the doctor'.

              I consider any consulting deal to be a team effort between me and my client. The client must be on board if they want this type of campaign to work, as we're both working together towards a mutual goal.

              If the Doctor was not on-board with everything it would be:
              • Difficult to get the people in the door by calling / follow up.
              • The revenue would be less because it's his responsibility to upsell the clients & turn them into paid clients. He needs to REALLY show that his place is the best. There will be NO CLIENT RETENTION if you market for a garbage hospital that doesn't care about their clients. A good portion of the revenue was from the clients returning for follow ups & buying more products.
              • I can track leads / impressions / clicks -- HOWEVER, tracking the sales are on him.
              So, yes, it's totally a group effort. But, it's between you and your client. There is no need for a big team for this kind of campaign.
              Whew! (breathes a collective sigh of relief!) Thank you!
              Signature

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4053641].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Web Junkie
          Originally Posted by want2knowhow View Post

          For some strange reason, my email confirm never came, so I had to go straight to YouTube and see the video from there. Loved the infoTutorial. But darn. Now I won't be able to get the email updates from you.
          Damn..something must be up with Aweber. Sorry about that! PM me your email & I'll enter you manually.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4050978].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author thehypnoguy
          Originally Posted by want2knowhow View Post

          For some strange reason, my email confirm never came, so I had to go straight to YouTube and see the video from there. Loved the infoTutorial. But darn. Now I won't be able to get the email updates from you.
          Patience grasshopper. This is Aweber that gets slower and slower at sending out all those confirmation emails. I got mine. You'll get yours

          Martin
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4283709].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author escribe
            I agree with what you said Web Junkie. The client has to be on board 100% and put total trust in you, while cooperating well to supply all the info you need to build a good campaign. Thanks for sharing your video. Well done!
            Signature

            Content Creation and Publishing Design Specialist!

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4283949].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steve Wise
    Excellent case study your client must ahve been really happy with the work you did. I'd like to know more about how adwords can help businesses get more clients as I'm just starting out in offline consulting
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4047934].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author juanlawry1
    Hi Can you please let me know more abt the good adword business.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4050964].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mrtrance
    A few questions if don't you mind:

    Was this a client that you were already working with? If not how did you acquire the client in first place?

    What kind of daily budget did you setup for the campaign? Also how extensive was your keyword research when you setup the campaign?

    Was the squeeze page setup on client's website or separate site? And the people that opted in on that squeeze page they receive something by emai or they were called to get the free checkup?
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4052368].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Web Junkie
      Hey - Good questions that I definitely should have addressed in the video. Thanks for asking!


      Originally Posted by mrtrance View Post

      Was this a client that you were already working with? If not how did you acquire the client in first place?
      Yes, this was a client that I was already working with. I acquired this contract by literally showing the doctor that his current website REALLY sucked. He was already ranked high because he had an extremely old domain & none of his competitors had any SEO. However, the page that he was using looked like it was from 1998 and it didn't have any call to action - simply contact info. I did a complete tear-down & created a website that was clean/full of content. Once the site was complete, and he was happy with it, he actually asked me if there were any ways that he could start increasing the number of new clients.

      Originally Posted by mrtrance View Post

      What kind of daily budget did you setup for the campaign? Also how extensive was your keyword research when you setup the campaign?
      All areas will differ, so you have to be careful. First off, I set up a new adwords account in his name, using his credit card. I never laid out any money, as I'm merely a consultant, not someone selling leads. I simply discussed with the doctor what he was comfortable with. We started out very low & slowly increased it until we found an amount that worked.

      Because this is very localized advertising, you'll find that it's actually difficult to spend a ton of money. The cost per click on local keywords are not very high, and I think our most expensive keywords is $1.50 per click. Averaged out, it has come to be about $40/month in adwords. He was spending MUCH more than this on his Yellow Pages ad without any tracking or control.

      In regards to keyword research, it wasn't an EXTENSIVE project. I would obviously suggest doing research, since someone is paying you & expecting that you know what you're doing. I didn't use any tools other than the keyword tools that Google uses, if that's what you're asking. If it's a concern, you could always outsource it for a few bucks.

      Originally Posted by mrtrance View Post

      Was the squeeze page setup on client's website or separate site? And the people that opted in on that squeeze page they receive something by emai or they were called to get the free checkup?
      The squeeze page is set up directly on the client's site, giving the web visitor freedom to learn about the animal hospital/the doctor/and staff. If you're offering this as an individual service, you could create a separate landing page with info about the hospital. However, I have yet to test the use of a separate landing page, so I can't attest to it's success.

      Yes, the people that opted in would immediately receive a "Special Code" (the code was the same for everyone) that was "good for one month" (obviously, we would accept it 6 months later) in order to get them in the door. They were instructed to call the animal hospital and give that code to make an appt for their free exam. If they didn't call in within 1 day, the receptionist calls them to schedule it for them.

      Hope this helps!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4054487].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author danielkanuck
    Good info. Too bad i can't use it tho. Adwords banned me for no good reason. Hope this doesn't happen to other folks.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4052506].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author want2knowhow
      Originally Posted by danielkanuck View Post

      Good info. Too bad i can't use it tho. Adwords banned me for no good reason. Hope this doesn't happen to other folks.
      Rut rohhhh! and I just got signed on to them. Now you're scaring me! :::runs from the room shaking and crying:::
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4053632].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Web Junkie
      Adwords may have banned YOU, but that shouldn't stop you from creating an account for your client. I don't use my personal adwords account for this. I open up a new account for each client, using their credit card information (with their permission of course). It's understood that I'm simply managing their adwords campaign, and I'm paid separately.

      I also provide them with their adwords account info & google analytics log-in so that they can see exactly how much they've spent, where they are for the month, etc. I've never had a problem with this - and if you're afraid of a doctor calling you up and saying, "Hey, I don't need your services anymore, I'm going to manage my campaign for myself". Well, I've never had this happen. Maybe this would happen in other niches, but I've never had a doctor do that to me. They're extremely busy & have too many other responsibilities, it's easier and cheaper for them to just outsource that job to you.

      Originally Posted by danielkanuck View Post

      Good info. Too bad i can't use it tho. Adwords banned me for no good reason. Hope this doesn't happen to other folks.
      Originally Posted by want2knowhow View Post

      Rut rohhhh! and I just got signed on to them. Now you're scaring me! :::runs from the room shaking and crying:::
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4054537].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Barry Plaskow
    There is some great advice in this...targeting a a profession where there is little competition is the most important initial step.

    But, not so sure on the google adwords to a squeeze page.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4054628].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Web Junkie
      Originally Posted by Barry Plaskow View Post

      There is some great advice in this...targeting a a profession where there is little competition is the most important initial step.

      But, not so sure on the google adwords to a squeeze page.
      Thanks for the feedback to my video. I am always open to opposing viewpoints. That's the only way we learn..

      What problems do you see in regards to sending Google Adwords to a squeeze page? I certainly wouldn't do this without any special offer or direct response (I use a Free Exam as my hook), but I haven't come up against any challenges as of yet.

      I've seen that Yellow Pages has already begun to sell this type of service. HOWEVER, they do it totally wrong and just send traffic to a regular landing page. I'll try to find an example and post the link, but they're cropping up all over!

      Please share your opinion! Negative - Positive - Neutral, it's all welcome in this thread.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4054667].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Barry Plaskow
        Originally Posted by Web Junkie View Post

        Thanks for the feedback to my video. I am always open to opposing viewpoints. That's the only way we learn..

        What problems do you see in regards to sending Google Adwords to a squeeze page? I certainly wouldn't do this without any special offer or direct response (I use a Free Exam as my hook), but I haven't come up against any challenges as of yet.

        I've seen that Yellow Pages has already begun to sell this type of service. HOWEVER, they do it totally wrong and just send traffic to a regular landing page. I'll try to find an example and post the link, but they're cropping up all over!

        Please share your opinion! Negative - Positive - Neutral, it's all welcome in this thread.
        Hey I really appreciate your openness! Breath of fresh air...
        I totally agree that sending to a regular landing page is a big mistake.

        However, google can be very particular about sending to a squeeze page w/o any other content. You could be paying a lot more for the click as well.

        I could be wrong in local search and stand to be corrected.

        Barry
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4054682].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Web Junkie
          Ahh...Good Point! You're totally correct, and I'm glad that you pointed it out before someone makes this mistake.

          You will need to put some content on the name capture page, using your desired keywords. Otherwise you will be paying much more per click (or not showing up at all). When I make these types of pages, I sprinkle the keywords throughout, while explaining the free exam offer.

          Example:

          "We are so sure that you will enjoy the care and professionalism of our animal hospital in Miami Beach, Florida, we are offering a coupon for a Free Physical Examination of your pet with the Dr. X and his staff."

          Of course, this is just one sentence & you should have a decent amount of content = an article.
          Fortunately, Google will actually show you a "Quality Score" to let you know if your landing page is in check.

          So, yes...Barry is totally correct - Don't just send leads to a capture page without content.

          Originally Posted by Barry Plaskow View Post

          Hey I really appreciate your openness! Breath of fresh air...
          I totally agree that sending to a regular landing page is a big mistake.

          However, google can be very particular about sending to a squeeze page w/o any other content. You could be paying a lot more for the click as well.

          I could be wrong in local search and stand to be corrected.

          Barry
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4054786].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author want2knowhow
          Originally Posted by Barry Plaskow View Post

          Hey I really appreciate your openness! Breath of fresh air...
          I totally agree that sending to a regular landing page is a big mistake.

          However, google can be very particular about sending to a squeeze page w/o any other content. You could be paying a lot more for the click as well.

          I could be wrong in local search and stand to be corrected.

          Barry
          Dam* you're good! Eagle eyes...
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4054852].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael William
    You said that the landing page was part of his main website right? That would in itself get an overall good quality score from adwords.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4054974].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Web Junkie
      Originally Posted by Michael William View Post

      You said that the landing page was part of his main website right? That would in itself get an overall good quality score from adwords.
      Yes exactly - I make it a part of the main website. I think that's why my quality score is usually so high. I just don't want newbies creating landing pages to nothing & blaming me when it all goes to hell..
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4054995].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author want2knowhow
        Originally Posted by Web Junkie View Post

        Yes exactly - I make it a part of the main website. I think that's why my quality score is usually so high. I just don't want newbies creating landing pages to nothing & blaming me when it all goes to hell..
        Question: Do you also do cruise ship speaking on your knowledgeable topics? I mean, since of course, you do live in one of the world's busiest cruise ship capital's of the world...

        I thought about your travel's to Sicily when I was going through Daniel Hall's site... And if not...you should! That would add an even more *interesting* take to all've this. LOL! Then we could all ask..."Where the hell are you NOW?!?" w/pure jealousy!
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4056335].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Web Junkie
          LOL...no I've never heard of that. I'm not the `cruising type'. I do like to live abroad though. It gives you the opportunity to fully experience another culture when you stay for more than a few months. So far, I've lived in Ireland & Italy. I'm planning out my next adventure as we speak - Possibly South America for 6 months? Not sure which country yet, but that's a whole other topic..



          Originally Posted by want2knowhow View Post

          Question: Do you also do cruise ship speaking on your knowledgeable topics? I mean, since of course, you do live in one of the world's busiest cruise ship capital's of the world...

          I thought about your travel's to Sicily when I was going through Daniel Hall's site... And if not...you should! That would add an even more *interesting* take to all've this. LOL! Then we could all ask..."Where the hell are you NOW?!?" w/pure jealousy!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4056862].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steve Solem
    Rich -excellent job there and thanks for sharing the case study here!

    I LOVE numbers like the ones you provided as solid proof that what you're doing is working, and the ROI your doctor saw here was HUGE.

    If your next WSO is more great info about google adwords for local businesses you can certainly count me in!

    All the best,

    Steve
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4055545].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mrtrance
    Thanks for answering my questions. It was very helpful.

    So based on your numbers the client was getting on average 13-14 new customers each month from the campaign. So roughly how much traffic was the client getting to the squeeze page that converted 13-14 into new customers? If you are saying that the client was spending only $40 a month and let's the average click was $0.50 so can we assume that they were getting about 80 new visitors a month and only 13-14 converted? If you can shed some light on this that would be helpful.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4056157].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Web Junkie
      Ok, I just pulled the numbers real quick. The average cost was actually $1.06 / click. So, it's more like half of that number of visitors a month to the site.

      So, you can figure out of about 38 new visitors - 13-14 converted to a free exam.


      Originally Posted by mrtrance View Post

      Thanks for answering my questions. It was very helpful.

      So based on your numbers the client was getting on average 13-14 new customers each month from the campaign. So roughly how much traffic was the client getting to the squeeze page that converted 13-14 into new customers? If you are saying that the client was spending only $40 a month and let's the average click was $0.50 so can we assume that they were getting about 80 new visitors a month and only 13-14 converted? If you can shed some light on this that would be helpful.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4057193].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MaverickUK
    Hey dude, great read. However i'm curious how you made your money. Was it performance based or was it a set amount per month?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4163195].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nspire
    Web Junkie,
    Very nice case study!

    I have not used this approach before i will be trying it in the future.

    Thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4163582].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Creativegirl
    Good case study showing it really needs to be functional and people will get it.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4164010].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fantasticjackson
    interesting. will be keeping up with you. keep posting vids dude
    Signature

    When you get tired of useless WSO's, CurationBlogger.com
    Including money making methods, tips, and free tools.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4224524].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author danielp310
      Hey,

      Just wanted to say thanks for the great info and was wondering if you could help me out in pricing.

      I am going to do offline marketing for clients but have not figured out a pricing structure.

      Can you give me some ideas on how much to charge per the following items

      or how much would you charge for different packages..

      1. on-page seo/off page seo
      2. wordpress website
      3. mobile website & seo
      4. google places
      5. social media optimization
      6. online reputation management
      7. mobile marketing
      8. email marketing/follow up auto responder emails


      If any other offline warriors can make suggestions on average pricing it will really help me out.

      Thanks. :confused:
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4243352].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yourdogguy
    Hi Rich,

    I got a copy of your WSO "Exactly How I'm Able To Get Veterinarians To Hand Me $3k+$399month" before it sold out and found it really helpful and straight to the point.

    Could you let me know what you used to setup the opt-in page from the link in this thread where someone can fill in their contact info. It's a nice clean look.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4247958].message }}

Trending Topics