1. 5 extra numbers couldn't possibly limit response if the offer is great.
2. Short codes severely limit keyword usage.
3. For some reason short codes cost more on most platforms.
4. A provider can change or discontinue short codes causing
albeit minor but annoying hiccups.
5. More keywords allows you to organize & track campaigns better (not sure if this is true it just seems logical).
6. A long code would be better for branding because people see multiple companies using the same short code and might be confused.
7. Maybe (just thought of this) a 5 digit number is a lot easier for people to remember ( I don't know ) but since one sends out the prompt to text for a discount, memorizing the # isn't that important.
What are your thoughts on this?