So I have read many posts about cold calling and selling your services to offline businesses. Just remember, they are just people. If they say no, who cares move on to the next.
So here is what I am going to do. I am going to post my results daily on this post on how my sales are going with my mobile site design starting tomorrow (Thursday). Here is what my day will look like:
- Wake up and do my thing (shower, brush my teeth, breakfest, etc.)
- Research 50 businesses and see if their site is mobile friendly. I will do my best to find out the business owners. Hopefully it is somewhere on their site. If not, I will be checking the better business bureaus site, whois, jigsaw, etc...
- Time for the worst part of all sales gigs...but it has to be done. Time for cold calling....
- Book my appointments and visit them the next day.
- After I have made a few appointments, I will go ahead and put together a quick mock up for their mobile site.
That's what the first day will look like. Now for the second.
When I go in a visit the owner, I will be taking nothing but my contract and my iPhone. I will have their current site ready as well as their mobile design ready to present. From my experience, my meetings are usually only 20 mins long. If I sell I sell, if I don't, oh well. On to the next client.
So there you go that is what a two day sales call looks like. Stay posted for my progress.