Just quoted $1800 for SEO Monthly + $1000 Set up Fee!!!

28 replies
Hey Guys,

I just quoted a client £1200, which is approx $1800 for SEO on a monthly basis... and HE WAS EXTREMELY HAPPY WITH THAT PRICE!

Im not saying this to brag at all..... im trying to prove a point.

DO NOT UNDERVALUE YOUR SERVICES.

You MUST charge correctly when you offer SEO or any other service, and this means BIG NUMBERS!!

If you undervalue your services,
  • you undervalue yourself
  • you make yourself look bad,
  • you make it look like your desperate for the sale
  • you make yourself sound cheap
  • you dont sound professional

Also the TRICK... is to have COMPLETE CONFIDENCE.. when you offer this price...

The mental attitude you should be having is

  • This is cheap
  • This is normal
  • You wont get better service anywhere else
  • I am charging what its really worth
  • I am the best
  • I AM CONFIDENT IN THIS PRICE
  • This price is NOT going to change
  • I tell YOU what the price is... and YOU have to listen!!!

If you have this attitude, then you come across as someone who,
  • is overly confident in their services
  • has an excellent and quality service
  • charges a fair amount because you have EXPERIENCE
  • is a professional in the niche
  • seems VERY confident in your pricing.

And I promise, you will get MORE sales, and MORE per sale!!

Now go out there, charge correctly, and make MORE MONEY!!

I hope this helps people!

Josh M
#$1800 #fee #monthly #quoted #seo #set
  • Profile picture of the author Bramantya Prakosa
    hi josh,thanks for the advice, i purchased your scrapebox guide before and always be thankful for that. Have a great day with your client, cheers...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4807584].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Seantrepreneur
    VERY true! Doing this will also weed out the headache clients that don't want to pay anything, but want completely unrealistic results.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4807765].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Pointer
    Hey Josh, Congrats! What are you offering for that price? What type of business is your client?
    Signature
    ******* FREE Offline List Building Report and Mindmap! *******
    10 Offline List Building Techniques Every Offline Marketer Needs To Know
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4808199].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Joshua Morris
      Originally Posted by Pointer View Post

      Hey Josh, Congrats! What are you offering for that price? What type of business is your client?
      just SEO.... lol

      they are some sort of loan company....

      Josh
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4808291].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jordan J Caron
    Josh,

    Inspiration to all of us working offline, thanks!

    If your rates are higher than you don't need to sell as much. It's the 80/20 rule that we hear so much off.

    I'd much rather a smaller amount of clients who I charge more for my services than the vice versa, wouldn't you?
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4808437].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Joshua Morris
      Originally Posted by Golf Instruction Guy View Post

      Josh,

      Inspiration to all of us working offline, thanks!

      If your rates are higher than you don't need to sell as much. It's the 80/20 rule that we hear so much off.

      I'd much rather a smaller amount of clients who I charge more for my services than the vice versa, wouldn't you?

      yep, exactly... and those clients that tend to pay more, automatically feel like they are getting a higher quality service, and usualy end up being easier clients to work with

      less clients, higher value clients.... less work for you, its win win win win!!!


      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4808482].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RySpencer
    Hey congrats on landing this.
    This have given some good pointers that I will take with me.

    When you are making a steady income on a few sites that pay you well, you are going to focus your time on them and actually give them an effective service. I am convinced that the companies that offer such a low cost SEO service really don't put all that effort into your site because they have so many other ones to focus on just to make a living.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4808654].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Joshua Morris
      Originally Posted by RySpencer View Post

      Hey congrats on landing this.
      This have given some good pointers that I will take with me.

      When you are making a steady income on a few sites that pay you well, you are going to focus your time on them and actually give them an effective service. I am convinced that the companies that offer such a low cost SEO service really don't put all that effort into your site because they have so many other ones to focus on just to make a living.

      Thanks, and its my pleasure.... im happy to share!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4808980].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DNChamp
    Originally Posted by drummer05 View Post

    Hey Guys,

    I just quoted a client £1200, which is approx $1800 for SEO on a monthly basis... and HE WAS EXTREMELY HAPPY WITH THAT PRICE!

    Im not saying this to brag at all..... im trying to prove a point.

    DO NOT UNDERVALUE YOUR SERVICES.

    You MUST charge correctly when you offer SEO or any other service, and this means BIG NUMBERS!!

    If you undervalue your services,
    • you undervalue yourself
    • you make yourself look bad,
    • you make it look like your desperate for the sale
    • you make yourself sound cheap
    • you dont sound professional
    Also the TRICK... is to have COMPLETE CONFIDENCE.. when you offer this price...

    The mental attitude you should be having is
    • This is cheap
    • This is normal
    • You wont get better service anywhere else
    • I am charging what its really worth
    • I am the best
    • I AM CONFIDENT IN THIS PRICE
    • This price is NOT going to change
    • I tell YOU what the price is... and YOU have to listen!!!
    If you have this attitude, then you come across as someone who,
    • is overly confident in their services
    • has an excellent and quality service
    • charges a fair amount because you have EXPERIENCE
    • is a professional in the niche
    • seems VERY confident in your pricing.
    And I promise, you will get MORE sales, and MORE per sale!!

    Now go out there, charge correctly, and make MORE MONEY!!

    I hope this helps people!

    Josh M
    Did you contact them for SEO serives OR did they find you? How did you "pull in " the client?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4810077].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Joshua Morris
      Originally Posted by DNChamp View Post

      Did you contact them for SEO serives OR did they find you? How did you "pull in " the client?
      this particular client contacted me... I did some work for him over a year ago, and now he is venturing into a new business and needed my services again.

      The first time i quoted him SEO services was when i was just starting, and i only quoted him £200

      lol I left a lot of money on the table those days
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4812144].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author McGruff
        I like the idea of providing options on service levels (ie.. gold silver bronze) where prospects can select their desired level of seo service. But sometimes simple is better by eliminating their need to choose...Did you provide pricing options, or did you keep it simple and go in with one quote?
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4815670].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Joshua Morris
          Originally Posted by McGruff View Post

          I like the idea of providing options on service levels (ie.. gold silver bronze) where prospects can select their desired level of seo service. But sometimes simple is better by eliminating their need to choose...Did you provide pricing options, or did you keep it simple and go in with one quote?
          just the one quote... keep it simple..

          IF they ask for a cheaper price, or a refund or something, only then would I offer a smaller package for a cheaper price... and i would target dead easy keywords or something..


          Josh M
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4815937].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jgsketch
    Have you already done the research on that niche? When I was working for a Debt Consolidation company, we were spending upwards of $3000 on organic SEO to get to and stay at the top. And I was in house not contract. Loans is another hyper competitive niche, not as bad as debt consolidation, but still up there. I hope you did not under quote him.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4816003].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JBroyer44
    Ya I am wondering for those of us who maybe only have 1 or 2 clients/seo projects under our belts how we generate the credibility to sell services at that price?
    Signature

    "The force is strong with this one"
    Facebook Ad Services: http://sellabletraffic.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4833905].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Justin Chaschowy
      Originally Posted by JBroyer44 View Post

      Ya I am wondering for those of us who maybe only have 1 or 2 clients/seo projects under our belts how we generate the credibility to sell services at that price?
      It's all about confidence in selling yourself, if you've done your job in explaining how your services will benefit the business, they should not care one iota what you've done in the past. If they do, if they are not impressed with your past experience, they have a much deeper inner problem and probably wouldn't buy from someone with 20 clients under their belt.

      So you move on and take your valuable services to someone who takes his business somewhat more seriously.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4834239].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Joshua Morris
        Originally Posted by jgsketch View Post

        Have you already done the research on that niche? When I was working for a Debt Consolidation company, we were spending upwards of $3000 on organic SEO to get to and stay at the top. And I was in house not contract. Loans is another hyper competitive niche, not as bad as debt consolidation, but still up there. I hope you did not under quote him.
        Yep, you are right...... I quoted them a minimum of $1800... after doing some research on their niche, I am going to put that up to $2000....

        In pounds im charging £1300, so its just about $2020...


        Originally Posted by JBroyer44 View Post

        Ya I am wondering for those of us who maybe only have 1 or 2 clients/seo projects under our belts how we generate the credibility to sell services at that price?

        It honestly dousnt matter how many clients you have... a price is a price.

        If they ask to see previous work, say that the information is private to the companies.... or if you are a startup company, then tell them you are a startup and this is a normal competitive price... and if they want a premium quality SEO service they need to pay this price!


        Originally Posted by lordauric View Post

        If you can produce real results and it earns the client money than that price is great. I think the big key is price to work being done(time and quality) and to the business.

        For your price I would expect you will be working 10+ hours a month on SEO for this company. Is this correct? If so the price is right.

        Yeah, i only ever work with a client if im sure that i can make them money with SEO or PPC or something else...... If i cant then im wasting both of our time, and I will be honest and tell them that.

        I will probably work about 5 hours on thier site per month....... dont forget, the bulk of the work is outsourced.....so most of my time is just managing outsourcers

        I have outsourcers do all the on page seo per my recommendations.... and i outsource all the backlinks too....

        so really not much work on my part.


        Originally Posted by Justin Chaschowy View Post

        It's all about confidence in selling yourself, if you've done your job in explaining how your services will benefit the business, they should not care one iota what you've done in the past. If they do, if they are not impressed with your past experience, they have a much deeper inner problem and probably wouldn't buy from someone with 20 clients under their belt.

        So you move on and take your valuable services to someone who takes his business somewhat more seriously.

        love this, you have hit the nail right on the head...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4834711].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Aaron Doud
    If you can produce real results and it earns the client money than that price is great. I think the big key is price to work being done(time and quality) and to the business.

    For your price I would expect you will be working 10+ hours a month on SEO for this company. Is this correct? If so the price is right.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4834055].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4834673].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author linaO
    Great job. It's certainly true. I've made 7k in two weeks for designing/developing their website. What was initially $1,250 turned to 7k just from showing that I knew what I was talking about WITHOUT physically showing. It was a great day, indeed.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4835178].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author emailwiz
    how do you get clients?
    Signature

    When I Need Money, I Just Sell Products To My Email List. www.emailatm.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4836272].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Joshua Morris
      Originally Posted by emailwiz View Post

      how do you get clients?
      Its very simple... I just find people who are ranking badly in google for a certain search term..

      I.e I look up "lawyer in london", (it helps to be more specific) like "lawyer hendon"

      and then skip to the third page or onwards.... these guys need your help.

      Then just call them up one at a time..... I use my SEM cold calling scripts which I get about 30% success rate!

      Josh
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4836862].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bharatone
    I wanna improve my webpage clicks.
    anybody will help me in this matter.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4836872].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Joshua Morris
      Originally Posted by bharatone View Post

      I wanna improve my webpage clicks.
      anybody will help me in this matter.
      I think your in the wrong place m8

      Start a new thread in the correct forum.... probably the main IM forum..

      Josh
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4836882].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mark Binnie
    Hi Josh,

    Good to hear of your success. I'm based in the UK as well. Who can I get a copy of your cold calling scripts. I've been trying video messages but want to start cold calling.

    Mark
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4837209].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Joshua Morris
      Originally Posted by Mark Binnie View Post

      Hi Josh,

      Good to hear of your success. I'm based in the UK as well. Who can I get a copy of your cold calling scripts. I've been trying video messages but want to start cold calling.

      Mark
      check my signature mark

      If you just want the scripts and not the whole course then shoot me a PM and ill send it to an email that you give me

      Regards,
      Josh M
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4837219].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mark Binnie
    Thanks Josh for the quick reply, looking at it now.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4837287].message }}

Trending Topics