Hey I originally wrote this article/blueprint for my blog Source Wave however I wanted to share it here as well.
In short, after reading the fast cash WSO by Rob Jones. ( I also reccomend the C4 Method and The SEO strategies of Mario Brown/Brian Anderson) I was inspired to start doing offline SEO for 4 reasons
-Its is far more untapped then fighting tooth and nail over competitive keywords in google
-I am a extremely charming guy and very good at persuading people to do stuff ( I work part time as a dating coach, so talking to strangers is kinda my forte)
-I used to make sales calls all the time for an old job I worked. So this is nothing new
-I am very good at SEO
Long story short, after about 2 weeks of cold calling I had landed 3 clients who combined paid me a sum close to 5,000 dollars.
I will not lie. I am a charming guy and I did use a my companies website to help me sell my offer. However, what I did was by no means hard...at all.
Here is my companies website if you would like an example (not totally done, but done enough to show a client) I used the Productz Woo Theme
On top of this, here is the exact method I used when calling and selling to clients. I did not come up with myself (not that it is that creative). I combined stuff I learned from a few WSOs and by talking to other offline marketer
(again this was originally made for my blog)
How I Made My First 5 grand offline..In 2 Weeks
ey guys Becker here,
The funny thing is they were not from adsense…they were not from clickbank… hell they were not even generated by MY websites.
Why the fu*k are random people paying me 5 figure checks?
The MMA Gym owner can increase his yearly income by 6,000 by bringing in and keeping 5 new clients
The Big Picture
(Maybe I should be a lawyer =P )
It literally only took me 2 whole weeks to bring in these clients by making a few phone calls. On top of this it MAYBE took me 5 hours of SEO work to full fill ALL of their contracts.
So this made me wonder… Why the f was I spending months trying to rank for tough keywords that MIGHT make me 500-1000 a month, when I could be ranking for easy keywords that will consistently make this kinda of money.
How you can do this too
So, in nature of this blog I want to share exactly how I did this for the sum of free. This method does not require you to be an SEO expert or do anything really that extraordinary. If you have ranked a semi competitive keywords on the 2nd page of Google or understand the basics on SEO your ready to do this.
Step 1: Find Potential Clients
- Alright, go to Google. Type in your local area+a business (that has a high value per customer).
- Go the the second page of google. Find a businesses website that in there. Look at the site, see if it could use some improvement (remember a lot of businesses could use a new website as well.)
- Find a competing business in the same niche that is ranking highly and write it down.
- Find that businesses contact information…Boom you have a potential client
Look the last thing you want to do is try to sell some one over the phone. 99% of the time you will have zero success because it is impossible to do that much convincing via the phone. Here is what I have been doing
- Introduce your self casually and ask for whoever is in charge of advertising
- When you get them on the phone mention that when you were using Google you noticed they are no where to be found on the first page for relevant keywords
- Show them that their competition that is ranking on the first page and explain how that they are drastically cutting into their potential profits
- Explain to him that you are able to solve the problem and ask if he would be interested in scheduling a free meeting to go over a few solutions.
Step 3: Selling At The Meeting
The worst thing I think you can do when you go to a meeting is make it even a wee bit salesy. Dress nice, but right from the get go talk to the business owner as a friend would to a friend. Business owners are approached by 1000 scummy sales men a day, rise above that **** and they will appreciate it.
Do not go in there with a briefcase or mention selling **** right away.
Do not refer to him as sir and all that gay ****. Do not be a bitch (your a consultant and head of your own business…not some sales boy).
Be warm and casual (I have cussed in every single one of my meetings and been extremely casual in my meetings. Friend to friend, not business owner to sales person)
And Follow These steps
- Shoot the **** with them a bit, if they have pictures or stuff that they are obviously interested in their office talk about that. A business owner had a guitar picture in his office and we talked for 15 minutes about guitars, by the time we were done he pretty much already had his checkbook out.
- Explain how they are losing business by ranking low in Google and then in the simplest way possible explain how you can help (EX I do online marketing, basically I can get you from here (page two) to here (page 1) . This will get your more customers, if you can handle it *lol* )
- After this almost every owner will ask how much this will cost. What I have found works best is to explain to them that you run your own business and usually get away charging a arm and a leg for this service. However since they are in the local area and you are here honestly looking to help you will do it for a reasonable price.
- Follow it up by showing them this page (Organic Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Packages - ThinkBIG) Explain how what you will be doing is 3 times what the platinum service is and you will do it for 1/3rd of the cost.
- Walk out with a check and a very excited customer ( Every single one has thanked me for the deal…be sure to get their site login information as well)
If you read this blog a lot you probably already know what tool I use (Blog Blue Pirnt). It indexes powerful blog links fast and literally has ranked all my clients sites on the first page in a day or two since the keywords are uncompetitive. Here are my exact steps
- Log into their site admin and change the on-page SEO to focus on 5 relevant keywords
- Go into Blog Blueprint and send links to the page for the 5 keywords (4 links for each works)
- Make an ezine article (overkill)
- Rinse and repeat 2 days in a row ( That is it….lol)
After about 2 days, BB ranks pretty much any uncompetitive keyword first page. What I do then is call up the business owner and simply show them the results. After that I explain that these rankings will go away pretty fast without monthly maintenance. I then set up a reoccurring fee that is about half of the initial price.
Step 6: Play Video Games
Just like that you have pocketed a 5 figure paycheck and also have a recurring payment for doing VERY little coming in once a month. Pretty simple eh?
That is pretty much all I got for you guys today. Hopefully this has put some ideas on your head to what you can do with all that SEO knowledge you have in your head. The best thing is most businesses need MUCH more than just SEO services (site redesign, facebook fan pages, and email marketing campaigns)
So get out there and err…make money =D
Some other stuff
My conversion rate for getting a meeting was about 1 every 15 calls. I am 100% so far in meetings (Im just so nice they cant say no..lol)
I made up the pricing based on how much I knew it would make the business owner
I did SEO, google places and social media stuff for the businesses (and yes I charge a monthly maintainence fee)
At first my calls went horribly, however after about 15 calls, I was very comfortable
Overall, if you want to make money doing offline stuff, stop buying a new WSO on it every day and doing research. Instead pick up the phone and learn first hand
Overall I got 5,000 for making around 50 phone calls, and going to 3 30 minute meetings. The SEO was also trivial...thats a danm good deal to me
What is in this article is virtually all you really need (besides experience)
Hope it helps!