Phone Verify Google Places Listings (new listings only)

39 replies
Alright...I'm spilling the beans here and I'm going to give all of the users of this forum my exact process for Google Places Phone Verification. (The right and safe way!)

I get requests for doing this almost every single day...and I just checked the original place on this forum where I talked about this process (offering to do it for users) and someone else recently got VERY close to the answer...

Unfortunately it was incomplete and risky...Google is not dumb and catches on to spammy techniques very quickly.

You don't want to risk getting your clients listing taken down because you attempted to use a "gray hat" without the proper knowledge.

What you will need:

- Multiple Fresh Google Accounts (get them at fiverr)
- Proxies (get them @ anonymous-proxies dot net)
- And A client

How to do it:

1. Sign up for a Google Voice # (forward it to your number for now - after verification forward it to your client's business)

2. Create an InsiderPages.com Listing for your client and save this url in a notepad document (and at least 5 other directory listings/citations make sure to social bookmark & ping them!)

3. Next you need to hide behind a proxy, log in to google with one of your newly created Google Accounts -> Open a tab in your browser and navigate to this url >>>>> tinyurl dot com / phoneverify

4. Enter the business name and move the map marker as close as you possibly can to your business address

5. Click continue and fill out the business listing information with the following information (THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!)---> Add 1 business category, Add the newly created Google Voice Number, use the URL from the newly created InsiderPages listing as the business website address and fix the business address with your client's EXACT address.

5.1 Make sure to click the option to have Google e-mail you when they have reviewed your submission (this can be useful if it takes a while and you being to get impatient lol)

Note: if Google suggests an alternative (slightly modified) business address, use this address for ALL of your citations/business listings. Also you will want to immediately go back and change the address listed with your insiderpages listing and any other listings you have created.

6. Submit your listing-> Log out of your Google account -> disable your proxy.

7. Wait about 10-15 min -> Log in to Google with your personal account -> Head over to maps dot google dot com -> create a mymap(my places) listing with your client's business information (include the insiderpages listing link and your client's actual website link)

8. It can take anywhere from 2 hours to 7 days for you listing to show up in Google so BE PAITENT...it works 90% of the time -> Regularly search Google & Google Maps for your newly submitted listing -> When you find your listing move on to the next step

8.1 Login with your personal Google Account -> go to google dot mapmaker dot com -> Search for your listing -> "Review" and approve your listing -> log out of your google account (your almost done!) -> Wait 1 hour max (at least 30 min.)

9. Hide behind a proxy (make sure it's different from the proxy you used to create the listing!) -> Find your google places listing on Google/Google Maps/Google Places -> Claim the listing with your Client's Google Account....

Ta Da! Google Places Phone Verification is YOURS.

Now just forward the Google Voice number to your client's business number and GET TO WORK building citations.

Notes:

Sometimes this process takes anywhere from 5 hours to 7 days...but it always works! Just be patient and you will get your phone verified listing.

Also, this process only works for listings in the US! Trust me...I've tried for may people. lol

I make no guarantees on the success of this process and I hold ZERO responsibility if people abuse this process!

But this is the process that I have used over 150 times in the last year...so it you follow this process 100% to the "T"...you should get the exact same results that I get.

- Travis

FYI - Keep an eye out for Offline Genius (the final Local SEO resource you will ever need)...I'm about to change everything in Local SEO!
#google #listings #phone #places #verify
  • Profile picture of the author krzysiek
    Damn, so it won't work in Aus!?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4916769].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author manny2513
    Nice trick. I like to do mail verification and have the business owner call me a tell me the pin code.
    Signature

    ** Click Cash Magnet Solos Ads 100 - 1000 Clicks
    **
    Click Here and Book Your Spot


    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4919080].message }}
  • krzysiek - I've tried it for a number of countries, very little success outside of the US. It's worth a try, maybe with a little tweaking you can get done. Google MapMaker is unavailable in most other countries thought....

    manny - The idea with this trick is that you can have a receptionist track the leads via the Google Voice number and they don't have to ask "how did you find our company?" and it gives you full control over the post sale. I've run into many issues where the business forgets about the post card or an employee is unaware of the post card and trashes it....the avoids this issue and you can get to work RIGHT AWAY (no waiting days/weeks for Google to send the postcard)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4919647].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4921986].message }}
  • One thing to note...this is great for anyone looking into the Rank n Rent Model!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4937610].message }}
  • I try that it doesn't work however i found another way around the postcard verification and get them phone verifed.



    Originally Posted by smallbusinessfire View Post

    Alright...I'm spilling the beans here and I'm going to give all of the users of this forum my exact process for Google Places Phone Verification. (The right and safe way!)

    I get requests for doing this almost every single day...and I just checked the original place on this forum where I talked about this process (offering to do it for users) and someone else recently got VERY close to the answer...

    Unfortunately it was incomplete and risky...Google is not dumb and catches on to spammy techniques very quickly.

    You don't want to risk getting your clients listing taken down because you attempted to use a "gray hat" without the proper knowledge.

    What you will need:

    - Multiple Fresh Google Accounts (get them at fiverr)
    - Proxies (get them @ anonymous-proxies dot net)
    - And A client

    How to do it:

    1. Sign up for a Google Voice # (forward it to your number for now - after verification forward it to your client's business)

    2. Create an InsiderPages.com Listing for your client and save this url in a notepad document (and at least 5 other directory listings/citations make sure to social bookmark & ping them!)

    3. Next you need to hide behind a proxy, log in to google with one of your newly created Google Accounts -> Open a tab in your browser and navigate to this url >>>>> tinyurl dot com / phoneverify

    4. Enter the business name and move the map marker as close as you possibly can to your business address

    5. Click continue and fill out the business listing information with the following information (THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!)---> Add 1 business category, Add the newly created Google Voice Number, use the URL from the newly created InsiderPages listing as the business website address and fix the business address with your client's EXACT address.

    5.1 Make sure to click the option to have Google e-mail you when they have reviewed your submission (this can be useful if it takes a while and you being to get impatient lol)

    Note: if Google suggests an alternative (slightly modified) business address, use this address for ALL of your citations/business listings. Also you will want to immediately go back and change the address listed with your insiderpages listing and any other listings you have created.

    6. Submit your listing-> Log out of your Google account -> disable your proxy.

    7. Wait about 10-15 min -> Log in to Google with your personal account -> Head over to maps dot google dot com -> create a mymap(my places) listing with your client's business information (include the insiderpages listing link and your client's actual website link)

    8. It can take anywhere from 2 hours to 7 days for you listing to show up in Google so BE PAITENT...it works 90% of the time -> Regularly search Google & Google Maps for your newly submitted listing -> When you find your listing move on to the next step

    8.1 Login with your personal Google Account -> go to google dot mapmaker dot com -> Search for your listing -> "Review" and approve your listing -> log out of your google account (your almost done!) -> Wait 1 hour max (at least 30 min.)

    9. Hide behind a proxy (make sure it's different from the proxy you used to create the listing!) -> Find your google places listing on Google/Google Maps/Google Places -> Claim the listing with your Client's Google Account....

    Ta Da! Google Places Phone Verification is YOURS.

    Now just forward the Google Voice number to your client's business number and GET TO WORK building citations.

    Notes:

    Sometimes this process takes anywhere from 5 hours to 7 days...but it always works! Just be patient and you will get your phone verified listing.

    Also, this process only works for listings in the US! Trust me...I've tried for may people. lol

    I make no guarantees on the success of this process and I hold ZERO responsibility if people abuse this process!

    But this is the process that I have used over 150 times in the last year...so it you follow this process 100% to the "T"...you should get the exact same results that I get.

    - Travis

    FYI - Keep an eye out for Offline Genius (the final Local SEO resource you will ever need)...I'm about to change everything in Local SEO!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5255004].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author krzysiek
    Hi Anth,

    Like CA, would appreciate it if you could drop a few hints!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5257558].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tsouri
    Hi Anthony

    I would like to Hire you to create listings for me, do u do that? i am in the US and i need listings in major cities in the u.s with phone verifacatoin.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5260118].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author krzysiek
    Please also PM me if you can do phone verification! Would have some work for you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5261705].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author captinamerica
    I'm on this section right now and I have a question.

    "7. Wait about 10-15 min -> Log in to Google with your personal account -> Head over to maps dot google dot com -> create a mymap(my places) listing with your client's business information (include the insiderpages listing link and your client's actual website link)"

    So here I just created a marker with a title (business name im guessing) and then a text box where I'm guess you add the business info including the insider page and the business website.

    Am I correct so far? thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5279674].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author J R Salem
    if ya need help getting phone verification, pm me. dont wanna discuss too much here. its not easy and not cheap, but it works.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5286893].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5351730].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nbroquis
    I gave this a try and haven't seen anything yet. Hopefully something will happen soon. If not then trying another trick. But thank you for sharing your idea.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5358735].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nfordham3rd
    Hmm... so it's not working?

    I wonder how to REALLY do it...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5369447].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author boxnumber0004
    this did not work for me,
    if someone can still do it,please let us now
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5451772].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author LocalWebListings
    Don't you worry about ruining the client's business identity (NAP) by having a new phone number attached to the business? I recommend following best practices for your clients. We have been performing Google Places verifications for agencies / consultants on a white label basis for a few years now without too much trouble. Let me know if I can help answer any questions.
    Signature
    Get Your Clients Local Business Listings Claimed, Enhanced, & Verified!

    http://BusinessListingVerification.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5452489].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yuvaldoitnow
    Hi,

    What is the url:

    Next you need to hide behind a proxy, log in to google with one of your newly created Google Accounts -> Open a tab in your browser and navigate to this url >>>>> tinyurl dot com / phoneverify

    ???
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5484037].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rus Sells
    This is crazy, in the time it takes to go through all this for phone verification the post card has long since arrived.

    It seems the only reason people feel they "have to" phone verify is because the listing isn't really real.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5616303].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author somacorellc
      Seriously guys, just get the damn postcard in the mail. If your listing isn't real you're just clogging up the net with your crap and making Google Places more of a pain in the ass than it already is.

      This is almost, but not quite, as bad as companies buying negative reviews for other places pages and positive reviews for theirs.

      Originally Posted by Rus Sells View Post

      This is crazy, in the time it takes to go through all this for phone verification the post card has long since arrived.

      It seems the only reason people feel they "have to" phone verify is because the listing isn't really real.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5616528].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SirThomas
      Originally Posted by Rus Sells View Post

      This is crazy, in the time it takes to go through all this for phone verification the post card has long since arrived.

      It seems the only reason people feel they "have to" phone verify is because the listing isn't really real.
      I think that's the only reason one would go through this. Getting "fake" listings that you control...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5629438].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mathewsteves
    Google will send you a card by mail with the PIN to verify your entry. This card should be sent to your business and can take 2-3 weeks to arrive, so patience is the essence.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5619388].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mikehansen
    With all due respect, that seems like a heck of a lot of work when you can just request a post card in the mail. Post cards usually arrive within about a week.

    All that time & trouble could be used to build citations, directory listings and social profiles.

    If you're not using the client's actual business phone number don't you believe you're actually doing the business a disservice? It seems so IMHO.

    Understanding the importance of the NAP being consistent, all of the citations should be listing the actual business phone number. Are you listing the Google Voice number in the NAP instead?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5628463].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author markalaustin
    The confirmation of PIN value is sent to the company cellphone or deal with, after which it is joined into the The search engines Locations consideration. After confirmation, the list seems to be on The search engines.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5916265].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bmsmarketing
    I will sell the method that can even work in AU or UK or anywhere in europe.

    Selling cheap, find me on skype or pm me here for details. Selling for cheap, make me an offer
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6417407].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author arik25
      Hey guys if any one can help with google phone verification , in need a large amount of listings and i'm willing to pay please contact me by phone 877-341-2340 ask for Erik
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6880461].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author debtdue
      Originally Posted by bmsmarketing View Post

      I will sell the method that can even work in AU or UK or anywhere in europe.

      Selling cheap, find me on skype or pm me here for details. Selling for cheap, make me an offer
      do not buy from this scammer, he promises the world and then disappears...if you do buy from him make sure you can get your money back when he doesn't deliver.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8995019].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ethan31
    Is it still working? I need a large amount of listings and i'm looking for a fast way, anyone?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8677795].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bodybyvi1
    awesome trick. like that. thanks for sharing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8678498].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wsands
    I typically just request the post card get sent to their address. I tell my clients to look out for it and they usually call me when it comes in. Even if they have staff, I just make sure their staff is on the look out as well.

    If it happens that the card is misplaced or whatever, then I just login to their google places listing and usually at that point I can request that google verify by phone at that time.

    So I just coordinate with my client and let them know that Google is going to call them right now, and they give me the pin.

    Obviously there is some criteria that the new listing must meet for google to decide that it can be phone verified right away, there are times that I have created a new listing and had the option to phone verify from the start.

    I'm glad you figured it out though, are you aware of whether or not this method is still working?
    Signature

    Hi, I'm wsands and I approve this message.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8690586].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AlistarWaugh
    I have tried it for South Africa and it was asking for verification through a post with the exact address. They said the will send a code through post and then I will have to log in to Google places and enter my code there.:confused:
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8693803].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8702088].message }}

Trending Topics