I get requests for doing this almost every single day...and I just checked the original place on this forum where I talked about this process (offering to do it for users) and someone else recently got VERY close to the answer...
Unfortunately it was incomplete and risky...Google is not dumb and catches on to spammy techniques very quickly.
You don't want to risk getting your clients listing taken down because you attempted to use a "gray hat" without the proper knowledge.
What you will need:
- Multiple Fresh Google Accounts (get them at fiverr)
- Proxies (get them @ anonymous-proxies dot net)
- And A client
How to do it:
1. Sign up for a Google Voice # (forward it to your number for now - after verification forward it to your client's business)
2. Create an InsiderPages.com Listing for your client and save this url in a notepad document (and at least 5 other directory listings/citations make sure to social bookmark & ping them!)
3. Next you need to hide behind a proxy, log in to google with one of your newly created Google Accounts -> Open a tab in your browser and navigate to this url >>>>> tinyurl dot com / phoneverify
4. Enter the business name and move the map marker as close as you possibly can to your business address
5. Click continue and fill out the business listing information with the following information (THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!)---> Add 1 business category, Add the newly created Google Voice Number, use the URL from the newly created InsiderPages listing as the business website address and fix the business address with your client's EXACT address.
5.1 Make sure to click the option to have Google e-mail you when they have reviewed your submission (this can be useful if it takes a while and you being to get impatient lol)
Note: if Google suggests an alternative (slightly modified) business address, use this address for ALL of your citations/business listings. Also you will want to immediately go back and change the address listed with your insiderpages listing and any other listings you have created.
6. Submit your listing-> Log out of your Google account -> disable your proxy.
7. Wait about 10-15 min -> Log in to Google with your personal account -> Head over to maps dot google dot com -> create a mymap(my places) listing with your client's business information (include the insiderpages listing link and your client's actual website link)
8. It can take anywhere from 2 hours to 7 days for you listing to show up in Google so BE PAITENT...it works 90% of the time -> Regularly search Google & Google Maps for your newly submitted listing -> When you find your listing move on to the next step
8.1 Login with your personal Google Account -> go to google dot mapmaker dot com -> Search for your listing -> "Review" and approve your listing -> log out of your google account (your almost done!) -> Wait 1 hour max (at least 30 min.)
9. Hide behind a proxy (make sure it's different from the proxy you used to create the listing!) -> Find your google places listing on Google/Google Maps/Google Places -> Claim the listing with your Client's Google Account....
Ta Da! Google Places Phone Verification is YOURS.
Now just forward the Google Voice number to your client's business number and GET TO WORK building citations.
Sometimes this process takes anywhere from 5 hours to 7 days...but it always works! Just be patient and you will get your phone verified listing.
Also, this process only works for listings in the US! Trust me...I've tried for may people. lol
I make no guarantees on the success of this process and I hold ZERO responsibility if people abuse this process!
But this is the process that I have used over 150 times in the last year...so it you follow this process 100% to the "T"...you should get the exact same results that I get.
FYI - Keep an eye out for Offline Genius (the final Local SEO resource you will ever need)...I'm about to change everything in Local SEO!