It's that time of year again.
I don't know about you, but every late fall and winter I have to fight like a gladiator to overcome the monkey of procrastination that tries to jump on my back.
Because it's the time of the year when it's easiest to convince yourself that:
- Business owner's aren't focused on marketing stuff because they're focused on holiday parties, christmas shopping, new years eve celebrations etc.
- No one has any money left for marketing because it was a tough year.
- Business owners are focused on family stuff now.
- Business owners don't invest in marketing when it gets cold and there's snow on the ground.
- I don't want to be driving to appointments in the snow.
- I'll start my marketing campaigns January 1st.
- And the list goes on and on.
So, the question is how do you overcome them?
Well, here's how I do it:
I choose to wake up everyday and behave as if today is the most important day in my business life...because it is.
This means that I deliberately and intentionally put my business and marketing campaigns into overdrive. So, instead of doing the normal four marketing campaigns, I do things like add two more.
Or I start working on another book or home study system for my other businesses. Or I start going to the gym a extra hour per day.
Here's what all that accomplishes:
- I wake up excited and eager to go even though it's cold as heck and being in New England means there's snow on the ground. This makes me feel good because I'm going against the norm of being average and running circles around the lazy folks.
- I get projects accomplished that I've been trying to finish for weeks or even months in some cases. All I needed to do was that little extra something to get me over the hump. Now, I got it.
- The extra campaigns means that my accounting and tracking systems need to be shown some extra TLC, so it makes me more aware of my goals and bench marks to hit my goals.
- I ultimately get more clients, who then have expectations that they've paid for and I MUST keep them happy.
So, as we get into this winter season season, don't let your offline business slow to a trickle and then die out completely.
Why not turn the winter season into one of your most profitable times of the year.
Hope this helps,